[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Well, I don't understand too =) It just happened. I think, it linked to editor extensions redux because Ctrl+L became symmetry modes switch.
My version:
1) I accidentally pressed Ctrl+L and turned autoscale on.
2) Input locks in SPH happened
3) Not knowing that, I resetted Mode and Snap keys in EER because it tends to glitch
4) Ctrl+L somehow redefined to symmetry mode permanently or like so... Space radiation? Weather on Mars? Kraken? Pure randomness? It glitched.
5) I removed Input locks and then closed the game because someone wanted something from me IRL.
6) And poof! Now autoscale is always on and Ctrl+L is redefined. Why? Because =)

My KSP install is too modded to understand how things happen from time to time.
For example, Scatterer updated several hours ago, and all planets became complete mess. I think old Spectra configs are not very compartible with new version or someting... It happens. And it's not a tragedy =)
You just need to wait a week before making any updates and read forums and github Issues section or something.

Hiya. In several years of KSP I've never needed or tried TS, but apparently I've arrived at the need! Is the below image the kind of thing I'd be able to easily "fix" with TS? Scaling down the probe would also scale down its dV, is that correct? Is that optional? Also is there any specific info about these parts I should know ahead of time? This is RN_US_Probes, and I'd like to use it with SOCK. Surely I can't be the first person to try this ... :P

Thank you for any help/advice!

Spoiler

HtF0gF0.png

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Scaling down the probe would also scale down its dV, is that correct?

This doesn't seem intuitive. Wouldn't the ΔV remain the same on an identical, but smaller craft? The ISP of the engine does not scale, merely the thrust,  mass, and fuel amount. Lowering mass would increase the ΔV proportional to the mass change. In theory, it should keep the same ΔV if both the thrust and mass change but not the ISP.

TL;DR In effect, if TS scales everything the same, a craft should be the same ΔV when it scales up or down in a vacuum.

Right?

Edited by ElonsMusk

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

! Is the below image the kind of thing I'd be able to easily "fix" with TS? Scaling down the probe would also scale down its dV, is that correct?

Nope. Scaling down things will scale down the characteristics of each component differently, not equaly. So  it's not just dividing everything by a  number.

You scale down a fuel tank, you are scaling volume down, so the thing gets exponentially down. For example, a 3 m high, 2 meter wide tube have a volume of 9424777.96 cm**3.

Half the height and diameter, you have 1.5H, 1W  = 1178097.25 cm**3.  More or less 9 times less volume, or 2**3.

But some parts like engines don't scale the same. Engines lose or gain mass at scaling at an exponent of 2.5 and not 3 as the volume of the fuel tank. A half sized engine will scale 2**2.5 down in weight but 2**3 in thrust, ~5.65 and 9 - so smaller engines have a worse thrust/weight ratio.

Crewed parts have lots of empty spaces, so the factor for the mass is 2 (squared,  not cubic). And so on. 

The dV is calculated with the current mass and the currently available engine's thrust and fuel. With fuel tanks, engine and cockpits losing or gaining weight at different exponents, you will have different dVs on scaling things up or down.

1 hour ago, ElonsMusk said:

TL;DR In effect, if TS scales everything the same, a craft should be the same ΔV when it scales up or down in a vacuum.

Right?

right. But TS doesn't scales everything the same. ;)

Edited by Lisias
need some sleep'

10 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hiya. In several years of KSP I've never needed or tried TS, but apparently I've arrived at the need! Is the below image the kind of thing I'd be able to easily "fix" with TS? Scaling down the probe would also scale down its dV, is that correct? Is that optional? Also is there any specific info about these parts I should know ahead of time? This is RN_US_Probes, and I'd like to use it with SOCK. Surely I can't be the first person to try this ... :P

Thank you for any help/advice!

As your question didn't actually seem to be answered. You can, if you want, find the config file for the probe in it's mod folder and Change it's rescaleFactor = 1 to rescaleFactor = 0.8 and see if it fits . Rescale accounts for all the nodes automatically and shrinks it in all 3 dimensions but doesn't change mass or fuel or thrust etc. Hopefully the mod has a clear folder and file layout, it will be a text file with .cfg suffix that you can open with a text editor like Notepad. You can check it's "title =" line to make sure you have the right config. Only change that number, don't hit enter after you do, just save and then close the text file. Then start the game and see if it is right.

Edited by ColdJ

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

As your question didn't actually seem to be answered. You can, if you want, find the config file for the probe in it's mod folder and Change it's rescaleFactor = 1 to rescaleFactor = 0.8 and see if it fits . Rescale accounts for all the nodes automatically and shrinks it in all 3 dimensions but doesn't change mass or fuel or thrust etc. Hopefully the mod has a clear folder and file layout, it will be a text file with .cfg suffix that you can open with a text editor like Notepad. You can check it's "title =" line to make sure you have the right config. Only change that number, don't hit enter after you do, just save and then close the text file. Then start the game and see if it is right.

I think this is somewhat convoluted, and way "cheating" - unless the parts in question are unbalanced, and then we are going into add'on authoring, i.e., how to take a set of parts and rework them to create a new add'on, what's better served on the Add'On Development SubForums.

It's still a valid option, but I don't see how TweakScale would help on it.

17 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Is the below image the kind of thing I'd be able to easily "fix" with TS?

Hide contents

HtF0gF0.png

Well, I ended up missing what you was willing to do. :) 

A solution for you will depends from what you intend to accomplish: are you playing a Modded Carrer? Or Role Playing on SandBox? How much are you willing to stick with Real Life™ ? Are you allowing youself to go Full Kerbal™ or you want some degree of plausibility? Perhapsyou are shooting a Video?

In any case, I can think now on the following options:

Option 1:

If you are going to shoot a Video and are interested only on the visuals, there's a (pretty hacky) way to to tell TweakScale to ignore scalings at all : edit the ScaleExponents and ScaleExponents_Extended changing all the exponents to 1, as the example below:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
	name = Part
	breakingForce = 1
	breakingTorque = 1
	buoyancy = 1
	explosionPotential = 1
	mass = 1

This will essentially short-circuit all the heavy work it was be done (boohooo:P ) by TweakScale current and previous authors, turning TweakScale into a glorified mesh and nodes Scaler - essentially what @ColdJ is telling you to do by brute force, but with a very convenient User Interface (and without the need to reboot KSP).

• Advantages
    • You can make things fit the way you want without penalties
      • No mass loss or gain
      • no weight/thrust ratio worries
      • no nothing, everything will  behave as it was never scaled at all.
  • Disadvantages
    • You are throwing all plausibility and game balancing through the window. :) 

Keep in mind that by changing the Scales, all the current savegames on the KSP you are using will be hopelessly mangled beyound salvage, there's no way to do such stunt for only a savegame, it's the entire installment or nothing - what really is not a problem, just make a new copy of the KSP and fool around on the copy  - just remember to do not start anything "serious" on it. :)

Option 2:

You are doing Career or a RPG on Sandbox, and want to be the less unplausible as possible.

Assuming that all the parts you are using are satisfactorily balanced, well… You will need to scale down the probe (and work around the dV deficit you get), or you will need to scale up the Shuttle (and work around the problems the gain of mass and atmospheric drag you will get). Solving these kind os problems is what KSP is about, and since TweakScale just don't "scale things up the same", it's a challenge by itself to scale up the Shuttle and keep it flying the same - usually you will need to rework the fuel tanks due the change of the CoM, as the cockpit and the engines will not scale the same as them.

• Advantages
    • You keep the game challenging
    • You get the visuals you want
    • You keep some plausability
  • Disadvantages
    • You lose a bit of plausibility, as we don't just scale up the Launch Vehicle at will on RL. :D
      • Obviously, you can choose to scale down the probe and work around the problems you get, what it's what we would do on RL™, and so this doesn't apply.

Option 3:

You think the parts you are using are unbalanced, and want them to fit a Stock game. This is where @ColdJ hints will be useful to you, as you will reworking the add'on itself to meet what you think they should be. On this option, looking on the Add'On Development SubForum is the best line of action, as you will find a vast source of information from people that did exactly that in the past!

• Advantages
    • You keep the game challenging
    • You get the visuals you want
    • You keep plausability, as intended by the add'on authors
      • and now you would be one of them! ;)
  • Disadvantages
    • It's a hell of a heavy work!

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Hit Save too soon.

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

You can, if you want, find the config file for the probe

There's like 12 parts to the Galileo probe, so obviously I'd need to edit all of them equally.  This still might be the simplest solution if it works. Will give this a try today. Thank you for the unassuming instructions, too :) Very familiar with editing cfgs so no probs with your idea.

13 minutes ago, Lisias said:

A solution for you will depends from what you intend to accomplish

I left out a bunch of info that I didn't know you'd need. The results of asking a question when you don't even fully understand the question :P

Sooooo .... in essence, I already know that the balance of these parts won't work or be "correct" for anything I'm doing. RN was clear on their thread that their parts aren't supported for stock, and I'm on a 2.5x system, so yeah, the balance part can be ignored. I wanted this mostly just for historical recreation and potentially video, so I don't really need the perfect math/balance, since even if TS scaled all that perfectly, it still wouldn't be usable.

Tbh and to put things into perspective, I got the shuttle to try to build the ISS, and that's not gonna happen, so I thought - what else did they use this brick for? And that's how I got here ... there's basically nothing riding on this :P

You've given me lots to go on and experiment with - thank you to all! This is an area of KSP I've never looked at, so I appreciate the input!

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

I think this is somewhat convoluted, and way "cheating" - unless the parts in question are unbalanced,

Hi Lisias. In this case, no it is not cheating and it was for a personal game. I based my advice on the image provided, which showed the probe payload seriously clipping through the shuttle cargo bay. As all that would be done was shrink the probe down without changing anything else, all that would be happening would be size times mass, making the probe more dense. No easier for the shuttle to lift into orbit and the same calculation of thrust vs mass in a vacuum for the probe to move itself. No lifting surfaces to be affected etc. It also wouldn't affect anything else in their game nor do anything to damage their save games.

I love TS and all the hard work you do, but in this specific case, it was a valid workaround for the situation.

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Hi Lisias. In this case, no it is not cheating and it was for a personal game

Since the quotes on the "cheating". :)  Also, from the same post you quoted:

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

It's still a valid option, but I don't see how TweakScale would help on it.

21 minutes ago, The_only_spaceace said:

So this has just happened to me, log provided here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qduRVd6wna2PDaROHlsRE2owQVsNCAs3/view?usp=sharing

is there a way to fix this? (ckan install btw)

Hi!

You got duplicated patches on two BDB parts:

[LOG 18:47:07.937] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F (**DEPRECATED** **do not use**) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 18:47:07.940] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.P (**DEPRECATED** **do not use**) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Looking for the patching process, I found:

[LOG 18:32:51.473] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_APAS/@PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Bluedog_DB/OldParts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 18:33:20.558] Applying update CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale/@PART[*]:HAS[#author[cxg2827]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]]:AFTER[CxAerospace] to Bluedog_DB/OldParts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]

And this is a very old problem happening again, and there's no hope for a proper fix from the Maintainer.

What you can do, however, is to delete the file GameData/CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale.cfg and install the TweakScale Companion for Living Style, where patches for CxA were reimplemented in a safer way.

Link for download:  https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_LivingStyle/releases/

Edited by Lisias
better prhasing

Alr Thanks for the help!

4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Hi!

You got duplicated patches on two BDB parts:

[LOG 18:47:07.937] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F (**DEPRECATED** **do not use**) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 18:47:07.940] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.P (**DEPRECATED** **do not use**) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Looking for the patching process, I found:

[LOG 18:32:51.473] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_APAS/@PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Bluedog_DB/OldParts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 18:33:20.558] Applying update CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale/@PART[*]:HAS[#author[cxg2827]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]]:AFTER[CxAerospace] to Bluedog_DB/OldParts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]

And this is a very old problem happening again, and there's no hope for a proper fix from the Maintainer.

What you can do, however, is to delete the file GameData/CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale.cfg and install the TweakScale Companion for Living Style, where patches for CxA were reimplemented in a safer way.

Link for download:  https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_LivingStyle/releases/

19 minutes ago, The_only_spaceace said:

Ok now this is interesting, i recall this part having tweakscale support, now it does not, i have tweakscale installed and all the dependencies and extras

https://imgur.com/a/pCuP4rJ

The Near Future add'ons were revamped recently, and this screwed up the old (and also deprecated) patches on TweakScale for these add'ons.

The solution, again, is to install another TweakScale Companion, this one the PKMC. You will also need Frameworks for supporting SystemHeat, CryoTanks et all - but this is currently work in progress, and I will have another beta release today by night I think. Problem: it's a beta release, so it should be considered unstable and you should avoid using it on valuable savegames, as things are expected to break.

Moving from another thread:

4 hours ago, alexander_xxx said:

Hi, I installed interstellar on ksp 1.12.2, and I got error during the load ksp, ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.18x, but file Scale.PartDB.18x.dll exists.

https://ibb.co/HtsdMbV
This error dissapear, if I delete file 999_Scale_Redist.dll or folder TweakScale, but then I of course can't change parts scale. How to fix this issue?

Hi. I just checker your KSP.log and found this:

[ERR 20:58:18.070] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ToadicusTools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 20:58:18.072] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ToadicusTools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[WRN 20:58:18.076] The script 'TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableDeployablePanel' could not be instantiated!
[ERR 20:58:18.076] Cannot create a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTweakableDeployablePanel'

[WRN 20:58:18.082] The script 'TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableDeployablePanel' could not be instantiated!
[EXC 20:58:18.099] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        PartModuleList..ctor (Part part) (at <4a4632fe4eb0471fa0f9f87bb7432bc2>:0)
        Part.Awake () (at <4a4632fe4eb0471fa0f9f87bb7432bc2>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogDecorator:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
        PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)
        PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
        <CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

You need to install ToadicusTools, as it's a dependency of TweakScaleEverything. Since KSP 1.12.2 has a pretty nasty bug on a thingy Assembly Loader, every time a dependency fails to be loaded, this bug triggers and from that point, every attempt to load a DLL will bork the same.

By downloading and installing ToadicusTools, TweakableEverything will be loaded fine and so the Assembly Loader will not trigger the bug, and so later TweakScale will not be borked by the Assembly Loader.

Reach Tweakable Everything thread if you need further help on locating and instaling ToadicusTools.

Cheers!

13 hours ago, Lisias said:

Moving from another thread:

Hi. I just checker your KSP.log and found this:

[ERR 20:58:18.070] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ToadicusTools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 20:58:18.072] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ToadicusTools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[WRN 20:58:18.076] The script 'TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableDeployablePanel' could not be instantiated!
[ERR 20:58:18.076] Cannot create a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTweakableDeployablePanel'

[WRN 20:58:18.082] The script 'TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableDeployablePanel' could not be instantiated!
[EXC 20:58:18.099] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        PartModuleList..ctor (Part part) (at <4a4632fe4eb0471fa0f9f87bb7432bc2>:0)
        Part.Awake () (at <4a4632fe4eb0471fa0f9f87bb7432bc2>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogDecorator:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
        PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)
        PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
        <CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

You need to install ToadicusTools, as it's a dependency of TweakScaleEverything. Since KSP 1.12.2 has a pretty nasty bug on a thingy Assembly Loader, every time a dependency fails to be loaded, this bug triggers and from that point, every attempt to load a DLL will bork the same.

By downloading and installing ToadicusTools, TweakableEverything will be loaded fine and so the Assembly Loader will not trigger the bug, and so later TweakScale will not be borked by the Assembly Loader.

Reach Tweakable Everything thread if you need further help on locating and instaling ToadicusTools.

Cheers!

but ToadicusTools is installed, this is log:
https://dropmefiles.com.ua/en/TxKeR6X
this is GameData folder screenshot:
https://ibb.co/CMdrFmt
this error appears when in gameData folder exists both TweakScale and 999_Scale_Redist.dll, if delete one of them, error not appears, but not works part scaling

5 hours ago, alexander_xxx said:

but ToadicusTools is installed, this is log:
https://dropmefiles.com.ua/en/TxKeR6X
this is GameData folder screenshot:
https://ibb.co/CMdrFmt
this error appears when in gameData folder exists both TweakScale and 999_Scale_Redist.dll, if delete one of them, error not appears, but not works part scaling

Sorry, but you made a mistake. On your first KSP.log, there's no mention for ToadicusTools. It was not installed at that time.

This time the problem is another, something related to Waterfall:

Uploading Crash Report
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TweakScalerWaterfallFXIntegrator' or one of its dependencies
  at System.AppDomain.Load (System.String assemblyString, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity, System.Boolean refonly) [0x00016] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at System.AppDomain.Load (System.String assemblyString) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.AppDomain.Load(string)
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly.LoadAndStartup (System.String assemblyName) [0x00005] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly+Loader.LoadAndStartup (System.String assemblyName) [0x00000] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at TweakScaleCompanion.Frameworks.Waterfall.Startup.Awake () [0x00036] in <dbff7f27e46d4db3a7d4f60014a48561>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

Now it's the TweakScale Waterfall integration that it's borking, what is should not as the most recent release is "smarter" and only loads itself when the dependency is met.

AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'TweakScalerModuleWaterfallFX' V0.2.0

But you are using the latest Release, so the problem is other. Waterfall is also installed, so it must be something else. So it must be Scale or the KSPe.Light.Tweakscale now:

[LOG 20:55:51.736] Load(Assembly): TweakScale/Plugins/KSPe.Light.TweakScale
[LOG 20:55:51.736] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /1/Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2/game/GameData/TweakScale/Plugins/KSPe.Light.TweakScale.dll
[LOG 20:55:51.737] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KSPe.Light.TweakScale' V2.4.0
[LOG 20:55:51.739] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.TweakScale' V2.4.0
[LOG 20:55:51.741] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.TweakScale' V2.4.0
[LOG 20:55:51.741] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.TweakScale' V2.1.0
KSPe.Light.TweakScale v2.4.0.4
[LOG 20:55:56.049] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'KSPe.Light.TweakScale'
[LOG 20:56:06.895] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.0.4 /L
  KSPe.Light.TweakScale                   2.4.0.4                  2.4.0.4                  2.4                      207572707f5254fc6970471df651a3a8e2036b5bddb02ee99b29219be77c2020
Assembly: KSPe.Light.TweakScale, Version=2.4.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

But it appears to be good.

Are you using the lastest TweakScale? https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.4.6.2

Aditionally, remove the folder /1/Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2/game/GameData/TweakScaleCompanion/Frameworks , this will allow KSP to run (or to bork in something else, perhaps).

In the mean time, I will fire up my 1.12 rig with the latest Waterfall to see if its' something related to a new version….

— — — POST EDIT — — — 

You are using the TSCo-Framworks 0.3.0 PRE-RELEASE!! Please remove it. Use the latest proper release, currently 0.2.0 : https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_Frameworks/releases/tag/PRERELEASE%2F0.2.0.0

Additionaly, I kindly ask you to pay attention to the messages on the Download link. The 0.3.0 PRE-RELEASE has this statement on the download link:

Your Attention Please

This is an interim, Work In Progress, beta release for early evaluation. There's no guarantee this will work, neither that the next release will not break everything you had created using it.

Of course I will try to avoid too much damage :) but the fact it that I'm not sure I made everything right yet, and fixing somethings make the new Exponents incompatible with existing savegames - leading to unfixable mangling of the crafts in flight.

Please exercise prudence while using this stunt! :)

Using pre-releases is not for the faint of heart. :)

— — — POST POST EDIT — — — 

But, besides being Pre-Release, no exceptions were detected by using FrameWorks 0.3 neither.

Right now, by best guess is something scrambled on the GameData - because I can't think of any other reason for TweakScaler Waterfall Integrator be blowing up on load.

SO, and I'm guessing, please do what follows:

1) Completely remove all TweakScale Companions
2) Completely remove TweakScale
3) Reintall everything from scratch, with fresh downloads. Do not use PreReleases. They are Pre Release for a reason.

If by even doing that you still have problems, I will need the newer KSP.log. Please understand that Player.log is not enough, as a lot of diagnosing messages are only present on the KSP.log.

Edited by Lisias
POST POST EDIT

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Sorry, but you made a mistake. On your first KSP.log, there's no mention for ToadicusTools. It was not installed at that time.

This time the problem is another, something related to Waterfall:

Uploading Crash Report
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TweakScalerWaterfallFXIntegrator' or one of its dependencies
  at System.AppDomain.Load (System.String assemblyString, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity, System.Boolean refonly) [0x00016] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at System.AppDomain.Load (System.String assemblyString) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.AppDomain.Load(string)
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly.LoadAndStartup (System.String assemblyName) [0x00005] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly+Loader.LoadAndStartup (System.String assemblyName) [0x00000] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0

Теперь работает интеграция с TweakScale Waterfall, чего не должно быть, так как последний выпуск «умнее» и загружается только при соблюдении зависимости.

Но вы используете последнюю версию, поэтому проблема в другом. Водопад тоже установлен, значит, это должно быть что-то другое. Значит, теперь это должен быть Scale или KSPe.Light.Tweakscale:

Но вроде хорошо.

Вы используете последнюю версию TweakScale? https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.4.6.2

Кроме того, удалите папку  / 1 / Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2 / game / GameData / TweakScaleCompanion / Frameworks , это позволит запускать KSP (или, возможно, работать с чем-то еще).

А пока я запустил свою установку 1.12 с последней версией Waterfall, чтобы посмотреть, «что-то связано с новой версией…».

- - - ПОСЛЕ РЕДАКТИРОВАНИЯ - - - 

Вы используете ПРЕДВАРИТЕЛЬНЫЙ ВЫПУСК TSCo-Framworks 0.3.0 !! Пожалуйста, удалите это. Используйте последнюю версию, в настоящее время 0.2.0:  https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_Frameworks/releases/tag/PRERELEASE%2F0.2.0.0

Дополнительно прошу обратить внимание на сообщения по ссылке «Скачать». ПРЕ-РЕЛИЗ 0.3.0 имеет следующее заявление на ссылке для скачивания:

Ваше внимание, пожалуйста

Это промежуточная бета-версия в стадии разработки, предназначенная для ранней оценки. Нет никакой гарантии, что это сработает, равно как и то, что следующий выпуск не сломает все, что вы создали с его помощью.

Конечно, я постараюсь избежать слишком большого ущерба, :)но тот факт, что я еще не уверен, что все сделал правильно, и исправление некоторых вещей делает новые Экспоненты несовместимыми с существующими сохраненными играми, что приводит к неустранимому искажению кораблей в полете.

Пожалуйста, проявляйте осторожность при использовании этого трюка! :)

Использование пре-релизов не для слабонервных. :)

- - - POST POST EDIT - - - 

Но, помимо предварительной версии, никаких исключений не было обнаружено и при использовании FrameWorks 0.3.

Прямо сейчас, по всей вероятности, что-то зашифровано в GameData - потому что я не могу придумать никакой другой причины, по которой TweakScaler Waterfall Integrator взрывается при загрузке.

ТАК, и я предполагаю, пожалуйста, сделайте следующее:

1) Полностью удалите все компаньоны TweakScale
2) Полностью удалите TweakScale
3) Переустановите все с нуля, со свежими загрузками. Не используйте пререлизы . Они предварительные релизы по какой-то причине.

Если даже при этом у вас все еще есть проблемы, мне понадобится более новый KSP.log. Пожалуйста, поймите, что Player.log недостаточно, так как многие диагностические сообщения присутствуют только в KSP.log.

I tried to reinstall TweakScale and TweakScaleCompanion, but result the same, and I can't find KSP.log, in AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program folder only output_log.txt, Player.log, and Player-prev.log, in game folder also no KSP.log

32 minutes ago, alexander_xxx said:

I tried to reinstall TweakScale and TweakScaleCompanion, but result the same, and I can't find KSP.log, in AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program folder only output_log.txt, Player.log, and Player-prev.log, in game folder also no KSP.log

HUmm.. interesting. You had sent me a KSP.log recently

[LOG 20:55:43.152] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2.3167 (LinuxPlayer) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2.3167 (LinuxPlayer) en-us

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor (2)
RAM: 16001
GPU: AMD RV635 (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.14.16-arch1-1, LLVM 12.0.1) (504MB)
SM: 45 (OpenGL 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.4)
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, R

So I'm starting to think you have a "current dir" problem, similar as this one reported on KSPe's repo: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPAPIExtensions/issues/9

How you are launching KSP?

27 minutes ago, Lisias said:

HUmm.. interesting. You had sent me a KSP.log recently

[LOG 20:55:43.152] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2.3167 (LinuxPlayer) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2.3167 (LinuxPlayer) en-us

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor (2)
RAM: 16001
GPU: AMD RV635 (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.14.16-arch1-1, LLVM 12.0.1) (504MB)
SM: 45 (OpenGL 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.4)
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, R

So I'm starting to think you have a "current dir" problem, similar as this one reported on KSPe's repo: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPAPIExtensions/issues/9

How you are launching KSP?

Hm, it strange, but when I tried to launch KSP through KSP_x64.exe in game folder, all worked properly, error was only, when I launched KSP through the desktop link

29 minutes ago, alexander_xxx said:

Hm, it strange, but when I tried to launch KSP through KSP_x64.exe in game folder, all worked properly, error was only, when I launched KSP through the desktop link

I knew it. :)

Most X11 Desktops descent from Sun's CDE or NeXT Deskop, and these guys are very "UNIX way of life". You can launch programs that would execute tasks on the "current directory", and this is a way different M.O. from Windows way of life where you lauch programs and then they ask you from where are the data you want them to use.

So by clickint on the Program Icon, the current directory is not set to the directory the Executable is. I think you need to configure the desktop link to set the current directory to the same place where the Executable is manually,

NOTAM

It's bug hunting season again. I'm working on tackling down the most prominent bugs and mishaps.

Of course, Real Life™ is being a Royal Pain in the SAS (as usual), but I'm finding my way on the mess. On the last 2 days I managed to find some time to solve a long standing issue that I was postponing, being it the "Features" becoming unaccessible if a 3rd party takes over their HotKeys.

The HotKeys themselves will be handled later, but right now there's a User Interface to activate and deactivate the Auto Scale and the Chain Scaling.

142079978-348b8177-7a9c-4db2-8718-bd3342

( @SuppaTenko, this one will interest you for sure! Stay tuned!)

The list of tasks for the next Release is here, if you are curious. I don't think I will be able to solve them all until the next WeekEnd, but doesn't hurt (too much :P )to try.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Hit Save too soon.

18 hours ago, PlinPlinPlon said:

Just downloaded the Large Boat Parts Pack mod and had this problem:

Any way to fix this or does the Large Boat Parts pack mod just not work anymore?
Ksp log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b86PJ2j3-yVTx5IwEni6-hMYml5rAJj9/view?usp=sharing

Yes! Install the TweakScale Companion for SMCE! :)

Direct link for download: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_SMCE/releases

It's currently in beta, but I didn't detected (yet) any problems. If you find something, please report on the Companion Thread!

(Please note that you will need to overwrite a file from the LBPP installation - it's a drag, but I didn't found any other way to fix these problems)

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Hit 'save" too soon.

Good day! I'm sorry in advance for, perhaps, another one question that was solved earlier, but I just didn't find solution worked for me. I've used TweackScale for almost as long as I play KSP. But only now I've got and issue till loading screen.  I have plenty of mods, and to check if this error triggered from some another mod - I delete all of them and try only TweakScale along. Well, still this error sign on loading screen. It tells:

"Unfortunately TweakScale didn't found needed DLLs.

There is no safe 'bla bla bla' without supported DLLs 'bla bla bla'

Missing class: The type initialized for 'KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1' threw an exception (and etc.)"

For the protocol - I'm using last version of KSP for this time period. It's 1.12.2(not pirate, licensed, in Steam) 

What could cause this problem, even if I do exactly what installing instructions told me to do?

Sincerely yours,

Lead Engineer of the
Russian KSP department