[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Not sure if this problem was brought up before, but it seems that probe control is being broken in some instances where scaled sub-assemblies are used. For example, I have a missile I was making for a launcher. The missile was equipped with a probe core and it worked fine within its own save. After merging it with its launcher platform which I made as a separate craft, and mating them with a decoupler, launching the missile via the decoupler causes no probe control on the missile, and the fuel tanks show as empty in the stages. Oddly, the same problem persists even if I toggle off CommNet in the difficulty settings when creating a new save. 

Just now, Spunge_bub12 said:

Not sure if this problem was brought up before, but it seems that probe control is being broken in some instances where scaled sub-assemblies are used. For example, I have a missile I was making for a launcher. The missile was equipped with a probe core and it worked fine within its own save. After merging it with its launcher platform which I made as a separate craft, and mating them with a decoupler, launching the missile via the decoupler causes no probe control on the missile, and the fuel tanks show as empty in the stages. Oddly, the same problem persists even if I toggle off CommNet in the difficulty settings when creating a new save. 

Send me a minimum craft file where the problem can be reproduced, as well the KSP.log with the problem being reproduced. (rememeber to quit KSP before taking the log, to avoid having it truncated - or you can just quit to main menu, as by that time anything that would be truncated is not relevant to the problem at hands!).

Just now, Lisias said:

Send me a minimum craft file where the problem can be reproduced, as well the KSP.log with the problem being reproduced. (rememeber to quit KSP before taking the log, to avoid having it truncated - or you can just quit to main menu, as by that time anything that would be truncated is not relevant to the problem at hands!).

Here you go.

This is on the latest version of KSP.

I'm using several mods but most of them are graphical. The most critical mods I am using are listed below. All mods are their latest versions.

• BD Armory Plus (Ands its dependencies)
  • FAR
  • Tweakscale
  • Recall
  • Mechjeb

https://kerbalx.com/2Polev/SA-2-Launcher-PROBE-BUG <--- Link for craft file.

And sorry for my incompetence, but how do I get the log file to you without posting the whole wall text here in this forum post?

1 hour ago, Spunge_bub12 said:

<> how do I get the log file to you without posting the whole wall text here in this forum post?

Use DropBox, Google Drive or similar service, and then paste the link here! :)

Edited by Lisias
tyop!

Well, I'm officially an Idiot. The problem isn't a bug. Its caused by the BD modular missile controller. I probably should have done some more testing before assuming that it was an issue with tweak scale, but given how the current version of tweakscale still has the sub-assembly bug, I assumed that it was being caused by that.

Edit: Or maybe not... Removing the BD modular missile controller from the craft doesn't remedy the issue.  This is so confusing.

Edit 2: I've figured it out. Having the BD modular missile controller on the craft will toggle off all the electrical storage on the craft when it spawns onto the runway. The weird part is that the toggle state will carry over when I revert back to editor for some reason, which keeps the probe from receiving power once I spawn it back in without the controller. So weird.

Edited by Spunge_bub12

2 hours ago, Spunge_bub12 said:

Could not reproduce it on Stock+TweakScale.

This is what I did:

1. Created a missile:
    1. Probodobodune OKTO scaled down to 0.313m
    2. Small Nose Cone scaled down to 0.313m
    3. Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank, scaled down to 0.313m
    4. LV-T45 Swiwel LFO Engine, unsurprisingly also scaled down to 0.313m
    5. Called the thingy "Missile" while saving it. :)
  2. Loaded an Stock ship called Aeris 3A
  3. Shoved a TT-38K Radial Decoupler on her back (and scaled it to 50%)
  4. Load/Merged the Missile craft and attached it to the TT38K.

The missile's fuel tank had (the correct amount of) fuel after merging it. I launched the Aeris, took of and while airborne launched the missile. I could control it normally - at least after about a minute after the fuel is exhausted, as the internal battery drained and I lost control of the thingy. Flawless.

I think you have some bad interaction with some of the add'ons you are using. I will use your KSP.log and craft file on a test session - but probably on the weekend (perhaps sooner, if I get lucky and dayjob gives me a break).

<post merged by forum>

10 minutes ago, Spunge_bub12 said:

Well, I'm officially an Idiot. The problem isn't a bug. Its caused by the BD modular missile controller. I probably should have done some more testing before assuming that it was an issue with tweak scale, but given how the current version of tweakscale still has the sub-assembly bug, I assumed that it was being caused by that.

Edit: Or maybe not... Removing the BD modular missile controller from the craft doesn't remedy the issue.  This is so confusing.

Edit 2: I've figured it out. Having the BD modular missile controller on the craft will toggle off all the electrical storage on the craft when it spawns onto the runway. The weird part is that the toggle state will carry over when I revert back to editor for some reason, which keeps the probe from receiving power once I spawn it back in without the controller. So weird.

Well… I was right. :D

About the subassembly bug… It's not TweakScale, it's KSP. KSP-Recall tries to workaround it, but it only works with subassemblies that already have the KSP-Recall PartModules installed.

Check this post for details, I found that by loading the SubAssembly using craft managed and then saving it again as a subasembly, the KSP-Recall part-modules are correctly added to the parts!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/192048-18/&do=findComment&comment=4150351

Edited by Lisias
post merged by forum

13 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Could not reproduce it on Stock+TweakScale.

This is what I did:

1. Created a missile:
    1. Probodobodune OKTO scaled down to 0.313m
    2. Small Nose Cone scaled down to 0.313m
    3. Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank, scaled down to 0.313m
    4. LV-T45 Swiwel LFO Engine, unsurprisingly also scaled down to 0.313m
    5. Called the thingy "Missile" while saving it. :)
  2. Loaded an Stock ship called Aeris 3A
  3. Shoved a TT-38K Radial Decoupler on her back (and scaled it to 50%)
  4. Load/Merged the Missile craft and attached it to the TT38K.

The missile's fuel tank had (the correct amount of) fuel after merging it. I launched the Aeris, took of and while airborne launched the missile. I could control it normally - at least after about a minute after the fuel is exhausted, as the internal battery drained and I lost control of the thingy. Flawless.

I think you have some bad interaction with some of the add'ons you are using. I will use your KSP.log and craft file on a test session - but probably on the weekend (perhaps sooner, if I get lucky and dayjob gives me a break).

<post merged by forum>

Well… I was right. :D

About the subassembly bug… It's not TweakScale, it's KSP. KSP-Recall tries to workaround it, but it only works with subassemblies that already have the KSP-Recall PartModules installed.

Check this post for details, I found that by loading the SubAssembly using craft managed and then saving it again as a subasembly, the KSP-Recall part-modules are correctly added to the parts!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/192048-18/&do=findComment&comment=4150351

Thankyou very much, I'll look into using craft manager to fix my sub-assemblies.

2 hours ago, Le-chimiste said:

Hi, i build a structure and i want to put it underwater

But with large panels i can't do it.

it &nbsp;float with 24 000 tonns

Hi!

Known problem. What happens is that KSP uses the drag cubes to calculate the buoyancy, and TweakScale needs to scale the drag cubes otherwise the parts will not behave as expected while flying. It's a catch 22 situation.

I'm trying to workaround the situation on this issue: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/252

Firespitter has a PartModule for buoyancy and, together the TweakScale Companion for Firespitter, perhaps it can be of use?

12 minutes ago, Lisias said:

How it is behaving with TweakScale? Let me know if you find anything behaving weirdly!

Actually haven't used W.U.L myself for a while. Too busy making new mods, and though my last 2 mods could lend themselves to being rescaled, most things I make are best not to be resized. The last version of Tweakscale I used was the one out when 1.9.1 was the latest K.S.P. Been waiting for your definitive version :)

I used to make lovely Jet planes using Tweakscale back then but it has been a while now.

So I currently don't know of anything to increase your work load. :D

14 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

It's BARISBridge again!

[ERR 21:20:01.952] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Buffalo': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I think we already had diagnosed that before, I'm pretty sure this is not the first time you reported this one - I think you are being hit by one of the bad practices from the Scene, shoving all the dependencies on the same ZIP. You probably installed a add'on that have an older DLL of Buffalo, and that DLL still needs the BARIS.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:36 PM, Lisias said:

As from 2018-1016 and under @pellinor agreement, I'm the New Management for TweakScale. From now on, it's all officially my fault! :D 

In a Hurry:

• Help Wanted!
  • Current Release:  2.4.6.16 for KSP >= 1.3 (2022-0523)
  • TweakScale Companion Program
    • Third Party support is going to be implemented into Companions, and all legacy patches are going End Of Life on TweakScale 2.4.4.
      • Most of them are unusable anyway
    • Check the TweakScale Companion Program's Thread for more information. New Companions are being released on a regular basis.
  • Relevant Notes
    • Kraken Food (unholy interactions between Add'Ons) is detected on startup, and a proper (and scary) Warning is shown when appropriated. Pay attention to that message, and reach me here for help!
      • Overrules and HotFixes can be issued to workaround the problems if needed. See this post.
      • A PhD thesis about the current problems can be found on this post.
      • An article about how new patches will be handled is here.
    • For users of Infernal Robotics:
  Reveal hidden contents

Description:

TweakScale lets you change the size of a part. Not just that, but it will figure out how much fuel is in the resized part. And if it's an engine, it will become more powerful by scaling it bigger, or weaker by scaling it smaller.

(Pictures are eternal work in progress! :) )

Credits:

Contributions From:

And future new features/bugs/mishaps from yours truly.

Support:

I need help in order to proper help you. :) Open the spoiler for instructions about how to get support:

Reveal hidden contents

Please provide:

• A concise, textual description of the problem
    • Mentioning the KSP version and the TweakScale version involved
  • A screenshot of the problem
  • When applicable, the .craft file with a vessel that have the problem
  • When asked, the KSP.log and output_txt log from Unity.
    • See this article for instructions.
    • The Player.log changed location:
      • On MacOS
        • For KSP < 1.8, they are on ~/Library/Logs/Unity
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/Library/Logs/Squad/KSP/
      • On Windows
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\KSP\
      • On Linux
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/KSP/
    • Publish the files on DropBox, Google Drive or similar, and post the link so we can inspect it.
      • DO NOT paste the log on Forum, this causes a lot of problems and it's useless, as Forum also truncate the file
        • It's ok to paste small excerpts to pinpoint something, but we still need the full KSP.log and Player.log in order to help you/
      • Do not use pastebin, gist or similars. They have a pretty small cap on the file size, and will truncate the log rendering yet more useless
    • Imgur is a good choice for publishing screenshots when needed.

Using the Issue Tracker is highly encouraged, as GitHub provides services that make everything above easier. You can open an issue there, and call me here pinpointing there to be sure to get my attention.

Thank you.

Scale Safe! :sticktongue:

I had a issue with bd Armory's guns not functioning so I reinstalled bd armory and after doing so I got the message that  tweakscale found a Fatal issue and to post it here along with this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mKqX8Ws5APnEg-baDX3HN2Yt-FdW8peC/view?usp=sharing

the link is what I believe to be the ksp log

1 hour ago, Jeffery Spaghetti said:

I had a issue with bd Armory's guns not functioning so I reinstalled bd armory and after doing so I got the message that  tweakscale found a Fatal issue and to post it here along with this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mKqX8Ws5APnEg-baDX3HN2Yt-FdW8peC/view?usp=sharing

the link is what I believe to be the ksp log

You have a terrible installation problem!

[LOG 20:04:14.623] Load(Assembly): Airplane_Plus-26.5 (1)/GameData/ModuleManager.4.1.3
[LOG 20:04:14.624] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\New folder\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Airplane_Plus-26.5 (1)\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

And this is only one of the problems I found - there're too many to list here.

For starters, completely remove the folder Airplane_Plus-26.5 (1) from your GameData.

If by removing this folder, you still get errors, send me a new KSP.log and I will check it.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, Lisias said:

Hi!

Known problem. What happens is that KSP uses the drag cubes to calculate the buoyancy, and TweakScale needs to scale the drag cubes otherwise the parts will not behave as expected while flying. It's a catch 22 situation.

I'm trying to workaround the situation on this issue: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/252

Firespitter has a PartModule for buoyancy and, together the TweakScale Companion for Firespitter, perhaps it can be of use?

Hi,

Can you explain "Scale the buoyancy attribute (IIRC) to keep the thing with the same floatability of the original part." ?

I don't know how do that.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:12 AM, Le-chimiste said:

Hi,

Can you explain "Scale the buoyancy attribute (IIRC) to keep the thing with the same floatability of the original part." ?

I don't know how do that.

It's something that I need to figure out.

On KSP, the buoyancy of a part is derived from a thingy called Drag Cube. The Drag Cube is, well, a "virtual cube" used by the physics engine to calculate the drag of a part - doing proper drag calculation based on the real shape of the collider is cumbersome and costly, so the game developers choose to use a shortcut by using the DragCubes. It works, by the way, this is not a complain.

However, when the devs implemented buoyancy, they also calculated it using the drag cubes and this starts to be a problem when you scale the part, because you need to scale the drag cubes too otherwise the thingy will have the same drag as it had before being scaled up! (and yeah, this is a complain! :D).

Look, this is what happens:

So, in order to scale things "properly", I need to figure out a way to "decrease" the buoyancy attribute of the part as I scale up and down the damned drag cubes in order to preserve the original buoyancy of the part! :)

I got the incompatibility issue after getting tweakscale, and it told be to send you guys my KSP log, but looking at my KSP file, I didn't see a a ksp log file except the 2 in the module manager folder, are those the files?

this is the ModuleManger log, if that's what you need  https://docs.google.com/document/d/14BsOaQTEgl73T49NbDpq7RddjA8SCm5-tZUzLN6YO1M/edit?usp=sharing

On 8/23/2022 at 4:23 PM, Swordofsithlord said:

I got the incompatibility issue after getting tweakscale, and it told be to send you guys my KSP log, but looking at my KSP file, I didn't see a a ksp log file except the 2 in the module manager folder, are those the files?

this is the ModuleManger log, if that's what you need  https://docs.google.com/document/d/14BsOaQTEgl73T49NbDpq7RddjA8SCm5-tZUzLN6YO1M/edit?usp=sharing

Hi! I tried to reach you without success, so I'm posting this here as a remind to myself about the issue.

Without the KSP.log, my hands are tied. The information I need to diagnose the problem is on KSP.log , and not on any other log. The ModuleManager log is pretty useless for this one.

(and you need to authorise me to access the log anyway, or I will not be able to download it! Please remember to turn the thing public next time!)

cheers!

5 hours ago, Swordofsithlord said:

sorry about not replying, been moving.

I THINK this is the right log, and you should be able to access it  https://docs.google.com/document/d/14BsOaQTEgl73T49NbDpq7RddjA8SCm5-tZUzLN6YO1M/edit?usp=sharing

Nope. The right log is called KSP.log, and it's located on the same folder where KSP.exe is.