[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

2 hours ago, TameTheKraken said:

Did the 1.12.4 surprise update break tweakscale support for anyone else? Just curious to know. The game runs fine without it, however any mod that also *depended* upon tweakscale is also not working currently. 

Yeap, they "upgraded" the 1.12.3 I just switched to about five days ago to 1.12.4 and I get the warning about tweakscale. :mad:  The first time I loaded the new 1.12.4 there was a kind of mild warning about tweakscale maybe not being compatible but when I loaded it up later after the game became unstable the first time it became a full out stop warning or you'll endanger your saved craft.  Ticks me off because now even if I revert back to 1.12.3 in steam and add my CKAN mods it still doesn't work.  I thought I saved my last 1.12.3 working version but it was apparently upgraded to 1.12.4 shortly before I saved it.  I wish they would say when they are going to push an upgrade so I could save my last working version of ksp before it potentially gets fubared.  KSP is soooooo frustrating if you use any mods or addons.  Everytime they do just about anything everything seems go to pot.

Edited by rnyboy

16 hours ago, TameTheKraken said:

Did the 1.12.4 surprise update break tweakscale support for anyone else? Just curious to know. The game runs fine without it, however any mod that also *depended* upon tweakscale is also not working currently. 

Sadly yes. Thankfully everything works fine once you disable it. I don’t use tweakscale that much, but I do have it in case. Sadly a couple of my craft are basically unusable until tweakscale gets an update. But just a couple. 90-95% are still in good order. Hope this gets fixed soon. Nice thing is that, at least for me, you can load rockets that made use of tweakscale, they just come out wonky. However, it allows you to switch those parts out for stuff that isn’t as wonky-looking. So at least there’s that.

Truthfully though I’m also a big fan of a lot of Paradox’s stuff (Stellaris, Surviving Mars, etc.), so I’m kind of used to updates that, while well-intended, tend to break at least some stuff. And for those who are wondering. There is an option in the settings that allows you to disable the launcher (gonna test if it works right now).

Edit: the settings option doesn’t seem to work, but I’ve just added the ksp exe directly to my steam library. It's not the cleanest looking solution, but it works.

Edited by Blufor878

23 hours ago, TameTheKraken said:

I think it's more probable you was bitten by another DLL breaking due KSP 1.12.4, and then triggering the Assembly Loader/Resolver, and then TweakScale getting screwed by it.

I fired up a fresh KSP 1.12.4 (with both DLCs) with the minimum add'ons (ModuleManager, KSP-Recall, ModuleManagerWatchDog and TweakScale, of course) and found no Exceptions on KSP.log on loading.

This means that KSP 1.12.4 didn't broke any Assembly signatures (i.e., no method has changed) - or at least, it didn't broke one used by TweakScale, Recall et all.

I copied the test savegames from 1.12.3 to it, these savegames used to be pretty messed up due the intense install/uninstall of things - so I think they are good candidates to emulate a somewhat minimalistic end user savegame.

KSP-Recall finished its loading business as usual:

[LOG 20:59:16.983] [KSP-Recall] INFO: SanityCheck Concluded : 483 parts found ; 0 parts using Resourceful ; 0 parts using Driftless ; 0 parts using Attached ; 0 parts using ChillingOut ; 0 parts using RefundingForKSP111x, 473 parts using AttachedOnEditor, 0 show stoppers detected .

As well TweakScale:

[LOG 20:59:19.619] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 483 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 0 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 85 unscalable parts.

I didn't did a really thoughtfully test, RL™ is not collaborating, so I just loaded the AeroEqus craft, enabled the Auto and Chain Scale from TweakScale and scaled up the Command Module to twice its size (what triggered the whole craft to be scaled up proportionally), i.e., from 1.25m to 2.5m.

199858522-ee7668fd-70a1-4cee-b722-e27ed7

I launched it, and it took off as expected. No exceptions logged on KSP.log, no new glitches detected.

199858568-c2f1d7a6-8b20-438e-83ef-8ef901

More info: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/92#issuecomment-1302814154

This wasn't not a minimally comprehensive test session. By a mile. But it's already enough to pinpoint something else on your rig as the source of the problem.

Please publish your KSP.log on dropbox or similar service and I will inspect it for you.

20 hours ago, rnyboy said:

Yeap, they "upgraded" the 1.12.3 I just switched to about five days ago to 1.12.4 and I get the warning about tweakscale. :mad:  

Nope. See above. :)

That Warning is annoying, no doubt, but it's there for a reason: to remind you that you are sailing on uncharted waters, and need to take precautions - as backup everything (the message even suggest an automating tool for that).

The first time I loaded the new 1.12.4 there was a kind of mild warning about tweakscale maybe not being compatible but when I loaded it up later after the game became unstable the first time it became a full out stop warning or you'll endanger your saved craft.  

So something else got broke, and this something else affected TweakScale badly, and so TweakScaled yelled about to warn you.

Ticks me off because now even if I revert back to 1.12.3 in steam and add my CKAN mods it still doesn't work.  I thought I saved my last 1.12.3 working version but it was apparently upgraded to 1.12.4 shortly before I saved it. 

Reverting usually should be done with a full clean install to avoid left overs from ruining your day, as I think it happened to you!

And that's the reason TweakScale is pesky on the subject. Migrating KSP versions without full backups was never a good idea in the past anyway - and it still isn't. Never mod a KSP installment managed by Steam! It doesn't worth the pain!

I sympathise with your problem, though. I also learnt the harsh way… :/

KSP is soooooo frustrating if you use any mods or addons.  Everytime they do just about anything everything seems go to pot.

I also understand your frustration. To tell you the true, was what lured me into modding at first place - to be able to fix things myself!

6 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Sadly yes. Thankfully everything works fine once you disable it. I don’t use tweakscale that much, but I do have it in case. Sadly a couple of my craft are basically unusable until tweakscale gets an update. But just a couple. 90-95% are still in good order. Hope this gets fixed soon. Nice thing is that, at least for me, you can load rockets that made use of tweakscale, they just come out wonky. However, it allows you to switch those parts out for stuff that isn’t as wonky-looking. So at least there’s that.

Again, nope. :) TweakScale is behaving here - at least with a minimal set of add'ons. It's something else on your rig, and I will be able to help if you publish your KSP.log on dropbox or something so I can inspect it and detect who is the real trouble maker.

A new TweakScale version will be released on the WeekEnd anyway, as soon as I do a full cycle test on 1.12.4 to be sure there's nothing obvious lurking there, waiting to bite my SAS.

Edited by Lisias
brute force post merging

I'm still running 1.12.2, and I just discovered the following problem.

If I launch a Mk 2 Lander Can with a pilot and a scientist, do a Crew Report, and then send the scientist EVA and have him right click the lander can:

• With the standard size Mk 2 Lander Can (2.5m), the scientist can see the "Take Data" option to get the Crew Report out
  • With the Mk 2 Lander Can scaled up to 3.75m, the scientist does not see the Crew Report, with no option to "Take Data" in the menu

2.5m Mk2 Lander Can, "Take Data" is a visible option for taking out the Crew Report

ojNlxEN.png

3.75m Mk2 Lander Can, "Take Data" is NOT a visible option for taking out the Crew Report

LWsBmUi.png

KSP.txt log

Player.txt log

I take back what I said. I tried it again, no major issues other than the warning. Must have been a random crash (my computer is getting up there in years, relatively speaking).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg3dbrbr6w5yqp8/KSP.log?dl=0

This is the log just in case.

Also to be clear I wasn't intending to put the blame on this mod. If anything I was just trying to suggest possible temporary fixes post-KSP patch. Again, I'm also a big fan of games like Stellaris and Arma 3, I'm not a stranger to major updates breaking mods. That was my thought process at the time, that the official game patch broke something. But apparently that isn't the case.

10 hours ago, Poppa Wheelie said:

I'm still running 1.12.2, and I just discovered the following problem.

<…>

2.5m Mk2 Lander Can, "Take Data" is a visible option for taking out the Crew Report

3.75m Mk2 Lander Can, "Take Data" is NOT a visible option for taking out the Crew Report

I confirm the (mis)behaviour. Tried it on KSP 1.12.4, 1.11.2, 1.10.1 and I was checking 1.7.3 when you replied again!

9 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

I take back what I said. I tried it again, no major issues other than the warning. Must have been a random crash (my computer is getting up there in years, relatively speaking).

Too late, I had bitten the bait! :D  Jokes aside, I hate these interment bugs, being on TweakScale or not. :/

Well, I reproduced it on my punny MacPotato without any kind of difficulty, but also have at least one case in which the thing worked as on your rig and I didn't understood why... And my test bed is pretty naked, only TweakScale, ModuleManager & its WatchDog and KSP Recall.

So we can rule out 3rd parties interaction as the source of the misbehaviour - but, alternatively, perhaps we can "blame" a 3rd party for when the thing behaves? Perhaps I'm facing a Race Condition between TweakScale and something else on Stock - or, perhaps, between KSP-Recall and something else. KSP-Recall can do something like if it misbehaves (and it did it while development. A lot!).

Alternatively, and this already had happened to me in the past, it may be related to something not being correctly initialised at first and then later something ends up initialising it, and then everything start to work fine until the next reboot. I had this problem on a widget on KSP 1.8.0, a weird sequence of installed add'on was fixing the problem on 1.8.0 until 1.8.1 came!

In time, just finished testing on KSP 1.7.3 and 1.4.3, and it is there too!

9 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Also to be clear I wasn't intending to put the blame on this mod. If anything I was just trying to suggest possible temporary fixes post-KSP patch. Again, I'm also a big fan of games like Stellaris and Arma 3, I'm not a stranger to major updates breaking mods. That was my thought process at the time, that the official game patch broke something. But apparently that isn't the case.

Not a problem. A bug is a bug, and you demonstrated that TweakScale appears to be involved somehow - perhaps as a trigger. So it's perfectly reasonable you concluding the problem was (or was on) TweakScale, it's not up to you to tell the difference - this is my job, not yours! ;)

Besides, you also saved me a lot of debugging by reporting that there's at least a situation in which the problem won't be triggered anymore! Now I know where not to look, saving a lot of time! :)

Thanks for the report. I can't say when I will work on it (Real Life™ is sucking hard these days), but it will not be forgotten… (too much! :sticktongue:)

Cheers! 

Edited by Lisias
My grammars sucks, and it sucks more late night!

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

I confirm the (mis)behaviour. Tried it on KSP 1.12.4, 1.11.2, 1.10.1 and I was checking 1.7.3 when you replied again!

This may due to the center of the craft being further away. The distance from craft is measured from where the center of the craft is in it's .mu model. Bigger craft means you are further away and so outside the distance that is required for it to activate.

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

This may due to the center of the craft being further away. The distance from craft is measured from where the center of the craft is in it's .mu model. Bigger craft means you are further away and so outside the distance that is required for it to activate.

You nailed it!

199965936-8b4cb843-4456-4f39-ab59-b066a0

This is the reason I "managed" to have it working once - I had walked the Kerbal around the Can (I was using 1.11, I think, with the narrow VARIANT)!

Now I only need to find the atribute that control the distance from the center of the object and scale it too.

Thanks!

Edited by Lisias
tyops! tyops! tyops everywhere!

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

You nailed!

199965936-8b4cb843-4456-4f39-ab59-b066a0

This is the reason I "managed" to have it working once - I had walked the Kerbal around the Can (I was using 1.11, I think, with the narrow VARIANT)!

Now I only need to find the atribute that control the distance from the center of the object and scale it too.

Thanks!

You are welcome.

Left a message in your inbox.

Let me know when you have everything.

Since the update I'm getting a ShowStopper error with TweakScale not able to load Scale.PartDB.19x.dll, even rolled back to 1.12.3 and still getting the error. No mods were updated, removed, or added from the last time it loaded fine to this issue starting. Only the 1.12.4 update and rollback.

We've troubleshooted on the KSP discord for a while and couldn't find the issue.

Here's my KSP.log

This issue is driving me crazy.

Okay, this is a weirder problem now, first I removed all mods except for TweakScale and I was still getting the same error. Now I have a brand new, fresh install of KSP with only TweakScale, Recall, and MM installed and it's still the same error about Scale.PartDB.19x.dll. I'm at a total loss here. I have no idea why this isn't working.

Edited by NumberNegative

Can confirm the post above about Scale.PartDB.19x.dll.
I am only able to understand the basics of debugging these logs due to programming in Assembly language, however, i am only capable of programming hardware and not software as i dont know any other language besides Assembly and C++/#. Even still, my knowledge wouldnt get me far enough to understand the code well enough to trace it. I only understand it well enough to get a basic idea of what its doing. That said, Below is the section of Log that lists this error.

[LOG 20:35:04.475] [KSPSteamController]: Loaded. Initializing hooks...
[LOG 20:35:04.551] [StationKeeping] Version StationKeeping, Version=0.2.2.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[LOG 20:35:04.551] [TrimIndicators] Version TrimIndicators, Version=0.1.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[LOG 20:35:04.552] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.1.21 /L for TweakScale /L
[LOG 20:35:04.602] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.16 /L
[LOG 20:35:06.090] [KSPe.Binder] Hooked.
[ERR 20:35:06.094] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.19x

[LOG 20:35:06.096] [KSPe.Binder] Looking for Scale.PartDB.19x.dll on GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\PluginData\...
[LOG 20:35:06.102] [KSPe.Binder] Found it on GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\PluginData\Scale.PartDB.19x.dll.
[LOG 20:35:06.152] [TweakScale] Support for KSP 1.9.0 to 1.12.3 Version 2.4.6.16 /L
[ERR 20:35:06.246] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

[ERR 20:35:06.248] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

[LOG 20:35:06.249] [TweakScale] "TweakScale advises" about KSP was displayed.

Below is the full log shared. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vlKeBJ5HawIADUiebTbXb-GL7JbA1uqw/view?usp=sharing

I loaded the game with Tweakscale installed just for giggles to see what it would do. Well the game loads, its working fine and i can interact with menus and what not, until i place a part. Once i have placed the part, i can no longer interact with it. Oh yeah, i can also no longer leave the VAB? not sure how that was connected, but, that is my update. 

Edited by TameTheKraken
I have more information!

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Thanks for looking into this.  But I didn't reply again.  I only sent the one post about the Mk2 Lander Can.

5 hours ago, Poppa Wheelie said:

Thanks for looking into this.  But I didn't reply again.  I only sent the one post about the Mk2 Lander Can.

Late night, I think I had pushed myself a bit beyound I should! :P

5 hours ago, TameTheKraken said:

Can confirm the post above about Scale.PartDB.19x.dll.
<…>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vlKeBJ5HawIADUiebTbXb-GL7JbA1uqw/view?usp=sharing

I loaded the game with Tweakscale installed just for giggles to see what it would do. Well the game loads, its working fine and i can interact with menus and what not, until i place a part. Once i have placed the part, i can no longer interact with it. Oh yeah, i can also no longer leave the VAB? not sure how that was connected, but, that is my update. 

Nope. This is what really happening to you:

[WRN 20:34:13.063] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0
[WRN 20:34:13.063] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 20:34:13.063] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0
[WRN 20:34:13.063] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

This is triggering the Assembly Loader/Resolver bug on KSP, and then TweakScale (and everybody else) ends being screwed up.

There's a LOT of add'ons being screwed up by this problem:

[ERR 20:34:13.193] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 0_00_AT_Utils_UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.194] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 0_00_AT_Utils_UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.254] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: USIToolsUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.254] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: USIToolsUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.364] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.364] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.375] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPe.Light.KAX, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.375] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPe.Light.KAX, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.402] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.402] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.493] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.493] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.544] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KonstructionUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.544] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KonstructionUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.555] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: WOLFUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 20:34:13.555] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: WOLFUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

But since only TweakScale is yelling about being screwed up, you concluded it's a TweakScale problem! :)

7 hours ago, NumberNegative said:

Okay, this is a weirder problem now, first I removed all mods except for TweakScale and I was still getting the same error. Now I have a brand new, fresh install of KSP with only TweakScale, Recall, and MM installed and it's still the same error about Scale.PartDB.19x.dll. I'm at a total loss here. I have no idea why this isn't working.

I couldn't download your KSP.log, you should receive a request for permission. But I'm pretty sure you have a similar problem than TameTheKraken.

Edited by Lisias
more info

2 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

@NumberNegative figured it out but forgot to tell you it is Launcher bypassing causing the problem 

Interesting… I'm running KSP 1.12.4 directly, bypassing the launcher and didn't found anything "interesting" on the log...

EDIT - Humm… I just realised I didn't used the launcher yet! Giving it a try! :)

1 hour ago, Anth12 said:

@Lisiasso is there a problem with tweakscale or not?

Until this moment, every problem I found and/or diagnosed were related to 3rd parties breaking up and triggering the Assembly Loader/Resolver  in KSP itself - and then everybody in need of loading a dependency and/or using Reflection get royally screwed. TweakScale is only the one yelling about. ;) 

Edited by Lisias
edit

5 minutes ago, Lisias said:

EDIT - Humm… I just realised I didn't used the launcher yet! Giving it a try! :)

Nooooooooooo, Don't go into the light. Come back, we need you. :)

Seriously though, nobody should be using the launcher to play their game, unless they like things breaking.

11 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Interesting… I'm running KSP 1.12.4 directly, bypassing the launcher and didn't found anything "interesting" on the log...

Yeah I just found the same thing. I compared the log of without the bypass and to one with the bypass. Why tweakscale cant see the DLLs I dont know.

I am reinstalling KSP 1.12.4 with just the tweakscale mod to see if I can figure it out without any other mods.

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@Lisiasso is there a problem with tweakscale or not?

I have been trying to break 1.12.4 with my mods and nothing is working.

Well to be clear, the mods I used for 1.12.3. Not my mods.

I haven't found any major problems personally either, and I run a fair number of mods. And I have an insane install that utilizes both CKAN and manually downloaded addons. Though to be fair the vast majority of my mods are parts and parts options mods. I don't really have anything that drastically alters the gameplay, like life support or RP1 (unless you include mods that use or make functional IVAs or have functional IVA props). Tweakscale is probably the most extreme mod I run (that and some utility mods needed by Nertea's stuff).

Oddly enough ever since the update the module manager claims it has fewer parts it needs to patch/go through when the game starts loading. Hmmm...

@LisiasTry moving all the dlls from the \TweakScale\Plugins\PluginData folder and put them into the Plugins folder except for Scale_redist.dll?

1 minute ago, Blufor878 said:

Oddly enough ever since the update the module manager claims it has fewer parts it needs to patch/go through when the game starts loading. Hmmm...

So less mods are working maybe.

@Blufor878When using a bypassing the launcher tweakscale cant see the dlls in the correct location. It appears to work when the bypass isn't being used.

The bypass is something put into the steam launch command line

Now all I need to do is put it all together for @Lisiasin the github

@Lisias

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/269

45 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

So less mods are working maybe.

That’s the thing though, none of my craft show up as having anything missing. Reviva, parts switch and tweakscale all seem to be working. And I get no errors to speak of during loading. And the buildings I’ve placed using Kerbal Konstructs are still there. I even loaded some of my older bases and stations. And the Kraken is nowhere in site. 

29 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

@Blufor878When using a bypassing the launcher tweakscale cant see the dlls in the correct location. It appears to work when the bypass isn't being used.

Now all I need to do is put it all together for @Lisias

I noticed the same thing too. I also placed a direct shortcut for the ksp64 exe in my steam library, and that seems to work as well, though I haven‘t fully tested that method,

48 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

Yeah I just found the same thing. I compared the log of without the bypass and to one with the bypass. Why tweakscale cant see the DLLs I dont know.

It's an internal (and absolutely nasty) bug on KSP. There's a thing on KSP called Assembly Loader/Resolver. This is the component that KSP relies in order to load Assemblies (the things the DLL have inside when compiled in C#). Problem: it's broken.

When something fail inside it (be by a missing dependency, be by an exception happening on the Assembly initialisation, whatever), it become inconsistent and start to fail on every attempt to check if anything is loaded or if anything is to be loaded. This is specially nasty because:

• Any code trying to load manually a dependency fails on loading, no matter the dependency is there or not.
  • Any code trying to check if something is loaded will fail the same.

And when a PartModule fails to be loaded correctly, everything on the savegame is ripped of of its data on load (including the living crafts flying around) - completely destroying your savegame for good. If the PartModule affected is TweakScale, everything is reset to default scales. If the PartModule is Kerbalism, all Kerbalism features are ripped of the parts. If the PartModule. affected is B9PS, everything gets horribly screwed in a way I can't foresee (due the huge pile of features this thing provides at the same time).

And so on.

TweakScale is yelling to prevent you from loading a savegame without being aware of the problem.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

Nooooooooooo, Don't go into the light. Come back, we need you. :)

I have no choice, apparently. This thing is breaking the game, as it appears! :/

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

Seriously though, nobody should be using the launcher to play their game, unless they like things breaking.

Unfortunately, I'm prone to agree with you. The Launcher, itself, is a potential good feature. A place for hook up features you need to be run before launching the game (as checking for new versions, checking for system healthiness, etc). But it must not create problems itself, and this is apparently what's happening.

44 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Tweakscale is probably the most extreme mod I run (that and some utility mods needed by Nertea's stuff).

TweakScale only happen to have a wide, big mouth and don't refrain itself from using it. Anything, absolutely anything smelling funny and it barks on you to alert that there's something not right on the system

I try to not be noosy on TweakScake, I don't try to check things for other add'ons (this is over KSP-Recall shoulders), so you can't rely only on TweakScale for keeping your system healthy. And even KSP-Recall only mangles things I had personally checked to be needed or checked, I don't try to guess what other people's mods are doing - one of my harsh complains around here, by the way...

47 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Apparently you have more missing PartModules than you thought. Module Manager "finds" add'ons by checking the presence of a directory on the GameData, as well by checking the presence of an Assembly (i.e.: you can check for "Scale", the Assembly, instead of "TweakScale" the directory).

Anything trying to patch something based on the :HAS[<assembly-name>] will, so, not patch the thing if the Assembly wasn't loaded.

49 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

@LisiasTry moving all the dlls from the \TweakScale\Plugins\PluginData folder and put them into the Plugins folder except for Scale_redist.dll?

It's a terrible idea, because KSP has another bugs that shoving my DLLs into PluginData works around.

There's a lot of weird rules on DLLs, some of them I used on TweakScale, and the reason for these weird rules is to prevent KSP from screwing with us.

34 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

Now all I need to do is put it all together for @Lisiasin the github

Thank you, I appreciate it.

The new Launcher apparently is not being distributed with KSP itself, it appears to be a new Steam's APP (or at very least, a new DEPOT). I'm going to check for it this dawn.

6 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

I noticed the same thing too. I also placed a direct shortcut for the ksp64 exe in my steam library, and that seems to work as well, though I haven‘t fully tested that method,

Idea: download and install this thingy (KSPe). It does a lot of checklists before starting up, and so are pretty prone to fail before anything else when things goes south, making pretty easy to diagnose the problem as it will almost happens at the same place.

(you can delete it later - it does not provides any features to the end user)