[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

19 hours ago, Lisias said:

Nope. You probably just found the source of problems, hidden behind some other problem - it happens, KSP is a very complicate piece of Software!

I found this:

[LOG 20:32:43.250] B9TankSettings: registered tank type RR_ATMC
[WRN 20:32:43.400] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[EXC 20:32:43.450] [ModuleManager] Exception while calling B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ModuleManagerPostLoad(): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been throw
n by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading tank type RR_XPL ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field resources on type B9Part
Switch.TankType ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field resourceDefinition on type B9PartSwitch.TankResource ---> B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.PartResourceDefinitionV
alueParser+PartResourceNotFoundException: No resource definition named 'Explodium' could be found

What tells me that you need to install something in order to get that "Explodium" being used by some parts.

I also found this:

[ERR 20:32:53.586] Kernel 'CountPixelsMain' not found

[EXC 20:32:53.595] ArgumentException: Kernel 'CountPixelsMain' not found.
        FerramAerospaceResearch.Resources.Kernel..ctor (UnityEngine.ComputeShader shader, System.String name) (at <12ef3e87e4dd4d9896231922a21a371a>:0)
        FerramAerospaceResearch.Resources.FARComputeShaderCache+ComputeShaderAssetRequest.AssetLoaded () (at <12ef3e87e4dd4d9896231922a21a371a>:0)
        FerramAerospaceResearch.Resources.Loading.AssetRequest`1[T].OnLoad (T resource) (at <12ef3e87e4dd4d9896231922a21a371a>:0)
        FerramAerospaceResearch.Resources.Loading.AssetBundleAssetLoader`1+<Load>d__4[T].MoveNext () (at <12ef3e87e4dd4d9896231922a21a371a>:0)
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <ef038509c5b948af8d6049dcab97ad3f>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[ERR 20:32:53.596] Kernel 'CountPixelsMain' not found

Don't have the slightest idea about what's `CountPixelsMain`, you will need to reach the FAR maintainers in order to get help on this one.

Burst is also spitting up Exceptions a lot:

[ERR 20:32:53.802] [KSPBurst]: Are you missing mono installation? https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-mac

[ERR 20:32:53.812] [KSPBurst]: Burst compiler terminated with an exception

[EXC 20:32:53.816] Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/Users/rhycecomley/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/PluginData/[email protected].
<....>

Can't help on this one neither, but you can reach the Maintainers for further help too.

From this point, there's another huge load of B9PS exceptions, that may be splash damage from the first one (or at least is what the log message is telling me), followed by this one:

[LOG 20:35:53.441] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KeridianDynamics/Parts/KD-LaunchSite/KD-LaunchSite'
[ERR 20:35:53.454] Cannot parse Enum value. Field defaultActionGroup, value Lights on object of type ModuleAnimateGeneric: System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'Lights' was not found.
  at System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) [0x00023] in <9577ac7a62ef4
3179789031239ba8798>:0
  at System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) [0x0017a] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8
798>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00010] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at BaseField.ReadPvt (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.String value, System.Object host) [0x00b07] in <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0

telling me that KeridianDynamics is not going to work for you. You need to reach the maintainers for this one too.

From this point, your KSP.log is being littered by problems on USITools:

[EXC 20:35:53.471] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        USITools.USI_SwappableBay.Update () (at <3dac2b1a9b2d4a589ca5156d8c89686f>:0)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

And this is yet another one you will need to reach help from USI's Mainteiners - I don't have the slighest idea about what this means!

Yeah, found it:

[LOG 23:10:01.235] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NovaPunch/Freyja/Freyja/FreyjaTrunk/NP_Freyja_Trunk/NP_Freyja_Trunk'
[WRN 23:10:01.246] PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part
[WRN 23:10:01.246] PartLoader Warning: Variable OX not found in Part
[WRN 23:10:01.246] PartLoader Warning: Variable totalCap not found in Part
[WRN 23:10:01.246] PartLoader Warning: Variable massOffset not found in Part
[WRN 23:10:01.246] PartLoader Warning: Variable costOffset not found in Part
[WRN 23:10:01.256] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[ERR 23:10:01.257] Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part  ---> System.Exception:
 Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype LNH3 ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'RR_CryoA' exists
  at B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.GetTankType (System.String name) [0x00030] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.TankTypeValueParser.Parse (System.String value) [0x0000b] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.ValueScalarMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00022] in
 <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00043] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00025] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0

It's NovaPunch this time. Something is missing (or plain broken) for it, you need to find whatever provides `RR_CryoA` into the game and install it. I think that it's Rational Resources and I have found this post about a fix for it. You will need to reach Rational Resources maintainers for further information, I'm at lost on this one too!

On the OP, there's a Spoiler below the title "Support:" .  You will find instructions about how to find the KSP.log and Player.log there. Then you just need to upload them into dropbox or similar service and post a link here.

i founded it

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

This new log have essentially the same exceptions from the last one I checked. No news, everything appears to be the same.

There's no other option but to talk to FAR maintainers - I don't know this thing, I don't have the slightest idea about how to fix it.

About the CryoGenic Engines, I checked the dependencies. It needs Cryo Tanks 1.6.3 - but the latest release is the 1.6.5. I'm guessing you need to downgrade it to 1.6.3 to fix your issue? It's a wild guess, it's safer to talk to Nertea about it.

You may want to reach CKAN guys too and see if they didn't forgot to set something on the NetKAN file. CKAN is giving me some headaches since some time already, by the way.

ahhhh, i’ll have a look on github for the right version? or is it better that i look elsewhere? 

how do i reach out to CKAN

is there a possibility i’ve sent you the same one? 

thanks again so much 

5 minutes ago, bobbycom said:

ahhhh, i’ll have a look on github for the right version? or is it better that i look elsewhere? 

how do i reach out to CKAN

is there a possibility i’ve sent you the same one? 

thanks again so much 

Humm.. let's see.

These are the threads were you can find help for each one of the mentioned add'ons (or CKAN):

The Cryo Tanks is here: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/CryoTanks/releases

But drop a message to Nertea nevertheless - I don't think that downgrading Cryo Tanks will give you any (new) problems, but don't hurt to talk to Nertea about.

ANNOUNCE Withdrawn

Release 2.4.6.24 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Checker for the need specific TweakScale Companions was added.
    • Your `GameData` is checked for 3rd party add'ons currently supported by a Companion and a Dialog Box is displayed listing the ones you need to install.

The TweakScale Companion Program is reaching the mainstream. Properly. Now TweakScale will evaluate your GameData and will alert you when a Companion is available for something you have installed

The AlexBox is still crude, but things will improve Soon™. :)

Disclaimer

By last, but not the least...

Spoiler

No Module Manager was harmed during the development of TweakScale.

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™.

The reasoning is to gradually distribute a potentially Support Fest release in a way that would me allow to provide proper support if anything else goes wrong.

In time, it's just me or Forum is royally screwed up today?

Edited by Lisias
CurseForge is updated.

Hi, I am using KSP version 1.12.5, TweakScale version 2.4.6.24, KSP Recall version 0.3.0.12, and TweakScale Companion version 2022.5.22.0 (UberPaket). On startup, an error "The given key was not present in the directory" is displayed (see image below). The game seems to function normally though TAC Life Support does show no food/water/etc in flight with some text errors (the craft does have the resources). If I remove Waterfall (version 0.9.0 along with related waterfall mods), this error is no longer displayed but it then recommends I install TweakScale Companion even though its already installed.  I can provide KSP.log and Player.log if needed. Thanks.

sq6SWNZ.png

Just now, zangonoid said:

Hi, I am using KSP version 1.12.5, TweakScale version 2.4.6.24, KSP Recall version 0.3.0.12, and TweakScale Companion version 2022.5.22.0 (UberPaket). On startup, an error "The given key was not present in the directory" is displayed (see image below). The game seems to function normally though TAC Life Support does show no food/water/etc in flight with some text errors (the craft does have the resources). If I remove Waterfall (version 0.9.0 along with related waterfall mods), this error is no longer displayed but it then recommends I install TweakScale Companion even though its already installed.  I can provide KSP.log and Player.log if needed. Thanks.

sq6SWNZ.png

Holly Crap, this is a new one. Please send me your KSP.log, I need to figure it out ASAP. Thanks

14 minutes ago, zangonoid said:

Yep. And I also reproduced the problem here. Silly typo in the configuration files, really stupid.

I'm fixing it and will issue a new release ASAP (having internet issues on my neighborhood, damn...). In the mean time, just click on Cancel to Humm..  cancel the message, ignoring it.

Thanks for the report, I don't use Waterfall myself (still on 1.7.3), I completely missed that one...

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.6.25 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Checker for the need specific TweakScale Companions was added.
    • Your `GameData` is checked for 3rd party add'ons currently supported by a Companion and a Dialog Box is displayed listing the ones you need to install.
  • Some mistakes on the configuration files were fixed.

The TweakScale Companion Program is reaching the mainstream. Properly. Now TweakScale will evaluate your GameData and will alert you when a Companion is available for something you have installed

The AlertBox is still crude, but things will improve Soon™. :)

Disclaimer

By last, but not the least...

Spoiler

No Module Manager was harmed during the development of TweakScale.

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™.

The reasoning is to gradually distribute a potentially Support Fest release in a way that would me allow to provide proper support if anything else goes wrong.

Edited by Lisias

The new companion checker, while a nice idea, seems to be rather over enthusiastic, if not downright aggressive.

To the best of my understanding, not having a companion for a mod simply means no Tweakscale on those parts (PKMC). That's not a "show stopper", save game breaking issue in my book. I didn't have Tweakscale on those parts before and I still won't have it. That shouldn't break anything. And insisting on a companion listed as still in Beta (Multipass) is not a good idea in my opinion either.

The really, REALLY annoying part was when it shut KSP down when I clicked OK though. I'd missed the line about doing so shutting KSP down and "OK" means "keep going"  to me.  There should be an "are you sure?" check on this. KSP take too long to load to not have a check.

If this will be  the way the companion checker works, can we get an option to disable it? Or at least a "Don't warn me about these mods again" option?

-K

tweakscale.png

Edited by Professor K
typo

38 minutes ago, Professor K said:

The new companion checker, while a nice idea, seems to be rather over enthusiastic, if not downright aggressive.

I agree.

My problem, right now, is that I had run out of free time for proper doing it, as not only RealLife(tm) decided it needs my immediate attention, as also some 3rd parties are playing havoc with me too - and some of them are really show stoppers.

So I'm doing my best with the time I have available now.

42 minutes ago, Professor K said:

To the best of my understanding, not having a companion for a mod simply means no Tweakscale on those parts (PKMC). That's not a "show stopper", save game breaking issue in my book. I didn't have Tweakscale on those parts before and I still won't have it. That shouldn't break anything. And insisting on a companion listed as still in Beta (Multipass) is not a good idea in my opinion either.

Agree on both items, but SOME 3rd parties need the respective Companion, or things will crash.

Firespitter has something on it that crashes when scaled without the PartModuleHelper (long history, a silly problem about an attribute causing an Exception if unchecked), and right now apparently Modular Fuel Tanks is screwing TweakScale on circumstances yet to be determined.

So the fastest way out of the problem is pushing everything into the user's rig until I figure out not only the add'ons that really need direct PartModule support, but also a more sofisticate mechanism to only push them when really needed.

Initially I was planning to do it using CKAN, as it's the most widely used tool on this scene (for the best, but also for the worst), but since I'm trying unsuccessfully to approve a pull request into NetKan for a month already, I had to something myself right now or I will keep spending all my free time on Support, delaying everything else - including better checks.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9536

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9550

About the BETA addons, almost all of them are gold already but, as you can see, I didn't had the time to promote them to Gold yet. I'm updating things right now, by the way. Somewhere in the next few days a new UberPacket will be issued with the missing Companion and the current ones still in Beta promoted to Gold.

57 minutes ago, Professor K said:

The really, REALLY annoying part was when it shut KSP down when I clicked OK though. I'd missed the line about doing so shutting KSP down and "OK" means "keep going"  to me.  There should be an "are you sure?" check on this. KSP take too long to load to not have a check.

This is a colateral effect of leveraging everything to the least common multiple. 

I have code to suggest things, and the message only pops when you change something on the GameData.

I have code that imposes you something,  under the penalty of having your savegame corrupted. This is what you are getting now.

What I don't have is a way to separate the Companions that NEED to be installed to prevent damage in your game from the ones that are only nice to have.

So I had to go to the safer, but annoying route for now.

As I said, this is going to save me time on Support, so I can spend it making things better. As a proper Companion Checker.

1 hour ago, Professor K said:

If this will be  the way the companion checker works, can we get an option to disable it? Or at least a "Don't warn me about these mods again" option?

This is precisely what I'll be working as long as I diagnose the problem on MFT. This one is a show stopper, people are not being able to save the game due this crap.

I'm sorry for the annoyances, but right now this is the less worse I can do, as I'm alone in this fight. It's  not under my power to do things the faster and easier way, and I'm trying for more than a month already (see above links). Had I decided to do everything by myself since the beginning, things probably would be better by now.

I'm encountering a fatal error that TweakScale is telling me to bring here. One part has a show-stopping error. The log file is massive because I'm running about 150 mods, but I've uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yckjodgnzwc0lw3/KSP.log?dl=0

This issue started after I installed a few extra mods relating to spaceplane parts, but I don't know if that's the source or if it's something else that's been lurking longer. This is my first time asking for help with a mod-related issue, so let me know if there's further information that I need to include. Thank you for your time.

39 minutes ago, Astra Anima said:

I'm encountering a fatal error that TweakScale is telling me to bring here. One part has a show-stopping error.

One is good. Easy to diagnose, hopefully easier to fix!

39 minutes ago, Astra Anima said:

The log file is massive because I'm running about 150 mods, but I've uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yckjodgnzwc0lw3/KSP.log?dl=0

Don't worry, I had way bigger ones in the past. I use automated tools to help me on the diagnosing, so the size of the log is really a minor issue!

40 minutes ago, Astra Anima said:

This issue started after I installed a few extra mods relating to spaceplane parts, but I don't know if that's the source or if it's something else that's been lurking longer. This is my first time asking for help with a mod-related issue, so let me know if there's further information that I need to include. Thank you for your time.

Yes, you are, indeed, experienced on this - you know that sometimes the problem is way away from where the smell comes.

Anyway, let's dig on the dirt. I found the victim:

[LOG 21:04:50.329] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part 18PC (18PC) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

(using "**FATAL**" on the error message is way convenient, uh? ;) )

Well, the part 18PC is from NeistAir and I know that the current patching for it didn't aged very well.

The fastest and best way out of the problem is to install the TweakScale Companion for Neist Airliner Parts. Or just install the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket, with  everything and the kitchen's sink - some people prefer this way.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for the prompt and informative reply, this will help a lot moving forward. Glad to hear it's an easily fixed issue. I just have one question--how did you trace it to NeistAir? Does it show the name of the part in that error? I assumed it was a code, not the actual part name.

Edited by Astra Anima

Apologies if I am not doing this correctly, but I am running into about 642 fatal errors, which seems like a pretty hefty amount, though I am using a lot of mods which would explain that. 

I haven't really shared files before so I don't know if this will work but here is the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yX-WtcSh51wNrX3r9WtYzoLCWhyaYx7Q/view?usp=share_link

Thank you for the help!

1 hour ago, Joan-Venus said:

642 fatal errors

Hello. I'm always surprised to see forum newbies with pretty complex installs like this one.

One tip... usually devs ask you to completely exit the game and send the complete log file. The log stopped at the KSC overview. 

[LOG 20:04:09.792] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part hydrogen-10-1 (H1000-1152 Cryogenic Fuel Tank) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Did you look at the link to the Github issue? Does it help?

I'm just trying to be a triage nurse... Dr. Lisias will see you soon. 

11 hours ago, Astra Anima said:

Thank you very much for the prompt and informative reply, this will help a lot moving forward. Glad to hear it's an easily fixed issue. I just have one question--how did you trace it to NeistAir? Does it show the name of the part in that error? I assumed it was a code, not the actual part name.

The **FATAL** message gives the name (both internal and friendly one) of the part, then I cross checked it on the Module Manager logs to see who are the ones patching that part, then I recognised the source of the part as well a patching pattern that makes me remind of the reason. wrote TweakScale Companion for NAP at first place. :)

7 hours ago, Joan-Venus said:

Apologies if I am not doing this correctly, but I am running into about 642 fatal errors, which seems like a pretty hefty amount, though I am using a lot of mods which would explain that. 

I haven't really shared files before so I don't know if this will work but here is the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yX-WtcSh51wNrX3r9WtYzoLCWhyaYx7Q/view?usp=share_link

Thank you for the help!

Such amount of FATALities, nowadays, are usually related to having more than one Module Manager installed on your rig (due a terrible practice around here of publishing mods with all the dependencies included - things get old fast, and you install deprecated assets as result).

But I wasn't so lucky this time, I found only one copy of ModuleManager in your rig.

Then I kept digging and found this:

[LOG 17:14:02.111] Applying update Tweakstuff/TweakScale/patches/KW_TweakScale/@PART[KWFlatadapter3x2] to KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFlatadapter3x2/KWFlatadapter3x2.cfg/PART[KWFlatadapter3x2]
[LOG 17:14:02.116] Applying update Tweakstuff/TweakScale/patches/KW_TweakScale/@PART[KWFlatadapter3x1] to KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFlatadapter3x1/KWFlatadapter3x1.cfg/PART[KWFlatadapter3x1]
<....>
[LOG 17:14:09.109] Applying update Tweakstuff/TweakScale/patches/Squad/Squad_Util/@PART[parachuteSingle] to Squad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk1/parachuteMk1.cfg/PART[parachuteSingle]
[LOG 17:14:09.114] Applying update Tweakstuff/TweakScale/patches/Squad/Squad_Util/@PART[GrapplingDevice] to Squad/Parts/Utility/GrapplingDevice/part.cfg/PART[GrapplingDevice]

Sir, what's Tweakstuff and why it have a copy of all the patches from TweakScale? This is the source of your problems.

Whoever added this Tweakstuff thingy in your GameData created you an insane problem. Just delete GameData/Tweakstuff directory and your problems should be gone. In time, I think you may be interested on installing the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket - some things you have installed is supported (or is better supported) on the TSCo .

On the bright side, this is exactly the reason I wrote the Sanity Checks. :)

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, bobbycom said:

hey, posting here as ive posted in other forums that are not active and have yet to figure this out myself. 

https://www.dropbox.com/t/5sTowG9wS0XVMZqk

does anyone have any ideas, its not related to tweak I dont think but it could be?

I seem to have no kerbals?

Humm.. You have a serious problem on Compiling the Parts, and yeah, some of that exceptions are related to crew...

[EXC 17:17:14.110] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        ProtoCrewMember.GetEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        ProtoCrewMember.HasEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetVessel.UpdateComm () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetVessel.OnNetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNode.NetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].PreUpdateNodes () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetwork.Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetNetwork.Update () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)

I have some main suspects:

• TUFX - it's spamming Exceptions everywhere, including the Part Compiler.
  • CommNetAntennasConsumptor , beause it mangles with CommNet, and CommNet is being mentioned on the Exceptions related to crew

It also worths to mention that some parts from your gamedatabase are missing PartModules:

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ExLaunchPad'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ExTarget'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'HullCamera'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASModuleGrab'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASModulePort'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASModuleStrut'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KJRExcluded'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KerbalRecruitment'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KethaneDetector'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KethaneWetMassIndicator'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KloneBay'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KuddleShack'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleBreakableConverter'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleHighDefCamera'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleRTAntenna'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleRTAntennaPassive'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSPU'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSPUPassive'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ReflectiveShaderModule'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'TankPriorityModule'

You need to install the add'ons that provide them , or you will not be able to use all the parts as expected - but this is not what is screwing you right now.

30 minutes ago, bobbycom said:

Cheers and sorry if this upsets anyone by me posting here 

Not a problem, but you can also ping me on the Support thread when making questions using @Lisias. I usually respond - sometimes in a couple days, but I respond! :)

Cheers!

4 hours ago, CarbonFiber said:

Whenever I start up ksp, tweakscale is not able to scale any parts, this is the warning message that I get upon loading the game. My tweakscale version is v2.6.7, and I had it installed through CKAN.

IMG-0987.jpg

Something had screwed 15 parts with TweakScale due bad patching. I need you to send me your KSP.log so I can inspect it and diagnose the problem!

You will find instructions about how to locate KSP.log on the OP inside the Spoiler under the tittle "". Publish the file using dropbox or similar service and post the link here.

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

Something had screwed 15 parts with TweakScale due bad patching. I need you to send me your KSP.log so I can inspect it and diagnose the problem!

You will find instructions about how to locate KSP.log on the OP inside the Spoiler under the tittle "". Publish the file using dropbox or similar service and post the link here.

Alr, here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjvwgqt5szfjstn/KSP.log?dl=0

On 3/9/2023 at 2:26 PM, Lisias said:

Humm.. You have a serious problem on Compiling the Parts, and yeah, some of that exceptions are related to crew...

[EXC 17:17:14.110] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        ProtoCrewMember.GetEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        ProtoCrewMember.HasEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetVessel.UpdateComm () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetVessel.OnNetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNode.NetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].PreUpdateNodes () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetwork.Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
        CommNet.CommNetNetwork.Update () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)

I have some main suspects:

• TUFX - it's spamming Exceptions everywhere, including the Part Compiler.
  • CommNetAntennasConsumptor , beause it mangles with CommNet, and CommNet is being mentioned on the Exceptions related to crew

It also worths to mention that some parts from your gamedatabase are missing PartModules:

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ExLaunchPad'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ExTarget'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'HullCamera'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASModuleGrab'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASModulePort'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASModuleStrut'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KJRExcluded'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KerbalRecruitment'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KethaneDetector'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KethaneWetMassIndicator'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KloneBay'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KuddleShack'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleBreakableConverter'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleHighDefCamera'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleRTAntenna'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleRTAntennaPassive'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSPU'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSPUPassive'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ReflectiveShaderModule'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'TankPriorityModule'

You need to install the add'ons that provide them , or you will not be able to use all the parts as expected - but this is not what is screwing you right now.

Not a problem, but you can also ping me on the Support thread when making questions using @Lisias. I usually respond - sometimes in a couple days, but I respond! :)

Cheers!

Thanks, since this I tried a fresh install 3 times and going into my 4th now and that did nothing, so now im trying the order I install combinations of mods if that will help? what is the best version of KSP to run to get most mods but most stable, if that even is a thing aha?

Thanks so much again!!

2 minutes ago, bobbycom said:

Thanks, since this I tried a fresh install 3 times and going into my 4th now and that did nothing, so now im trying the order I install combinations of mods if that will help? what is the best version of KSP to run to get most mods but most stable, if that even is a thing aha?

Unfortunately, nope.  KSP orders everything alphanumerically before loading, so the loading order is always deterministic.

It's not the order in which things are installed, but something that it's installed and it's screwing up the game.

You need to uninstall things until the error vanishes. That last thing you uninstalled was the trigger (not necessarily the culprit, though). Once you know what's triggering the problem, we can dissect it and see why, and then we can find a solution.

6 hours ago, CarbonFiber said:

Ugh. Your KSP.log got truncated, the part I most need to read is not there!

Try again, but exit KSP before fetching the KSP.log - there's a thing on the KSP to avoid lagging on the game while writing things into disk, a file buffer, and this means that KSP only updates the file on the disk when the buffer gets full. Exiting KSP will assure that the buffers would be flushed into disk, avoiding the truncation.

Something I had noticed, you have installed NearFuture thingies. I think you will want to download the TweakScaleCompanion in order to have support for them.

You also have some Benjee10, and I have some issues reported and it ended up being related to duplicated ModuleManagers installed. And, bingo, you have them!

[LOG 10:07:52.999] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.4.2.1
[LOG 10:07:52.999] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll
[LOG 10:07:53.002] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5.0
[LOG 10:07:53.002] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.4.2.2
[LOG 10:07:53.002] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll
[LOG 10:07:53.004] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5.0

This not only is bad for patching, but also forces you to use the OLDER ModuleManager on the system - and so you will be subject to old bugs that add'on authors will think are fixed on your rig (not to mention some missing features only available on the latest).

I strongly suggest you install ModuleManagerWatchDog. It would had barked on you about this, possibly saving you some trouble.

— — ADDITIONALLY — — 

I found something fishy about Waterfall:

[LOG 10:07:53.090] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Waterfall\Plugins\Waterfall.dll
[LOG 10:07:53.092] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 10:07:53.149] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 10:07:53.150] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 10:07:53.150] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 10:07:53.150] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 10:07:53.155] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CelestialShadows': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EVEManager, Version=1.11.7.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'EVEManager, Version=1.11.7.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EVEManager, Version=1.11.7.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'EVEManager, Version=1.11.7.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

It's complaining that you need to install EVEManager. But EVEManager is installed on your rig, so there's something else happening.

You will need to talk with the Waterfall guys to have this sorted, I don't have the slightest clue about it.

Edited by Lisias
Additionally