[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Not sure. I think it's either USI or KIS related. I tried attaching some parachutes to a ship in orbit then landing it, and 2 minutes later al my crew lost their skills, turned into turists (the kind that can go EVA !!!) and the log was beeing spammed like crazy.

But I don't blame USI or KIS. I blame Lisias. He jinxed it.

Thankfully after a restart and some save game digging everything is back to normal.

Announce

TweakScale 2.5.0.23 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

This is a maintenance release, fixing some annoying bugs introduced on the .22 while fixing bugs that happened on refactoring things to allow the missing features to be implemented on a sane way (less Code Warrior, more Engineering - now with less bugs!).

Attention please: Parts with variants that change cost and mass are now correctly supported, but I'm struggling to handle variants that change attachment points, and this can compromise the savegame. The bug is exposed so someone, hopefully, can pinpoint exactly what I'm missing - probably something silly, but I had run out of time due Real Life Issues (tm).

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obviously, but now and then a bug passes through - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

Any reports about it (being a bug or not) should be posted on issue #42 (or I will get lost - again - on the sea of bug reports!).

2 hours ago, Darkuss said:

@Lisias Are you planning to add Breaking Ground robotic parts support for Tweakscale?

Of course I am. :)The roadmap is on github, this feature in particular is here.

Edited by Lisias
I sounded harsh. Not my intention, I was just in a hurry due Day Job pressuring. Sorry.

Announce

Users (if any! :P) of TweakScale Companion for Firespitter Beta need to update to the latest version, as some changes on TweakScale Beta will cause older versions to misbehave while calculating costs.

Announce²

TweakScale 2.5.0.24 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

This is a maintenance release, mitigating some annoying bugs not handled on the .23 -- it's safe to use this version, no more missing attachment nodes on scaled parts with variants with attachment nodes.

Attention please: Parts with variants that change cost and mass are now correctly supported, but I having my cheeks bashed on scaling variants with attachment nodes. I managed to kinda locate where the problem is, but (as usual) run out of time to try a real fix, so I compromised on solving the missing attachment nodes problem (something that potentially be a headache for your crafts later).

There's also a new (but not unexpected) misbehaviour on KSP 1.9 related to Attachment Nodes. In a nutshell, Attachment Nodes are also reset by KSP 1.9 the same way it's done to Resources (and yeah, I was developing on 1.9 with Recall and completely forgot about! :P). A new KSP Recall release will be issued before I can publish a near ready release of TweakScale 2.4.4.0, as it appears.

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obviously, but now and then a bug passes through - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

Any reports about it (being a bug or not) should be posted on issue #42 (or I will get lost - again - on the sea of bug reports!).

Edited by Lisias
New announce.

The USI agroponics module no longer scale their production with size. I've tested ti and a .625 nom-o-matic converter produces the same as a 2.5 m one.

The converters used to derive their function from the isru converters, but somethign changed with the latest release of usi and that is no longer the case.

21 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

The USI agroponics module no longer scale their production with size. I've tested ti and a .625 nom-o-matic converter produces the same as a 2.5 m one.

The converters used to derive their function from the isru converters, but somethign changed with the latest release of usi and that is no longer the case.

Ah, now I see. The part changed the internal name (the code uses to reach it, it's different from the name we see on screen), or perhaps a module (and so the scaling exponent is missing it).

The bitter true is that the "stock" patches for 3rd parties on TweakScale are all terribly outdated, and this is the reason I deprecated all of them (except the Squad and SquadExpansion parts) and I'm pushing the TweakScale Companion Program instead.

Well, let's make a deal. Give me a pretty simple craft (it doesnt needs to make sense, all I need is the parts working togheter) with the parts bothering you most - 6 to 8 parts is good enough.

Then I will cook a hotfix for you, buying a bit of time so I can properly work on a Companion for USI. I'm a bit fed up with C# (man, I hate Variants! :D ), I dying to do something else and doing patches is better than doing the dishes. :)

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

12 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Just put it on the ever growing list of things to do that will maybe get fixed in the next few months.....

It's a bit frustration, not? I would agree with you if you answer "yes".

Some bugs take a long time to be fixed (too much time for the user's perspective), but this is because some real nasty bugs happens in a waterfall effect, and you need to change things from the basement to the penthouse first. It's essentially what happened with supporting Variants with Cost and Mass on TweakScale - there was something really weird happening on the field since 1.5 (more or less), and it took some time until I finally identified it and worked around it, before daring to try to shove new things related to Mass and Cost what could make things worse (Mass played havoc in the past, but not more nowadays - but it would seriously imbalance your crafts, making them unusable later).

So the Issue #13 took 18 months (more or less) until I finally not only regained control over the whole situation, but had time to spend on the relatively long time needed to code, test, recode, retest - since KSP doens't allow you to reload DLLs anymore,  some tricks we used in the past to save time on KSP reboots doesn't sticks anymore (disclaimer: there're new ways to accomplish that, but I would need time to built them and this would delay even more tackling down TS issues).

However, now that I tackled down Mass and Cost on Variants, I realized that KSP 1.9 also mangles Attachment Points the same ways it does with Resources, and so now I need to update KSP Recall to handle this before finishing the implementation. KSP 1.9 is heavily used, as some very popular Add'Ons were not updated to 1.10.x yet, so pushing TS through the doors without this handled would render me a support nightmare later.

And that's it. This "little" essay tries to explain to users why some times things take so much to be fixed. You are being presented to the very basic fundamentals of Software Engineering, a class I took on College. From it, I learnt that's suicidal to keep building things over defective basements, as the thing is doomed to collapse sooner or later (if you were around on the 1.4.x era, we had a pretty nasty situation around when a toe stomping fest between add'ons rendered parts with zero mass, playing havoc with the physics engine).

So TD;DR : besides frustrating, it's way less frustrating than having to cope with the consequences of new features shoved on the product without care before paving the way for them, preventing them to work correctly at first place.

Even the slightest hope of Control over things deployed on the field is pure illusion, "Rectangular Pieces of White Paper" happens no matter how clever you think you are. :sticktongue:

Send me a message if this bug starts to bug you too much. I gave a look on the problem, USI has TweakScale support embedded (I wonder why the exponents ended up on TweakScale, they should be on USI together the patches), so chances are that the problem is really on the USI side.

Edited by Lisias
Some interesting English grammars made less interesting.

I understand perfectly, I was a coder myself a few years back (c++, pascal, basic, php) so i know that the one thing coders dread more than beta testing is changes. Especialy minor changes that put you into the position to rewrite your entire framework becasue somebody wants a button somewhere.

As far as i'm concerned, anythign that doesnt make the game crash and your save burn is good. Any aditional features are just the cherry on top.

And don't worry about the USI stuff. I can work perfectly with what i got right now. I was just hoping that a module got renamed somewhere and it was a matter of reconfiguring tweakscale with the new name.

Also, USI doesn't support tweakscale. That's why the exponents ended up on your mod, not in there.

17 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

Also, USI doesn't support tweakscale. That's why the exponents ended up on your mod, not in there.

Something is crossed somewhere...

See, there's a patch for TweakScale on LS. And for Kontainers too!

TweakScale distribution have only the exponents for USI (and I wonder why these ones are not on the USI_Tools, that appears to be the right place for them).

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

16 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

I have the same file. But i have tested it and it doesn't work. I made big and small versions of the different cupolas mentioned there, and they all produce the same amount. The scaling is just visual and mass-wise.

So the modules named was changed. Well, less worst.

Technically, it's a USI problem. And since I found people discussing TweakScale on both threads, (LS and MKS) and on none of them I found the "TweakScale not supported" coin, I think you should ask there too.

Well, the diagnosis is done. I know what's happening, so it's not too much of a job to check and add the Exponents to a file and kick a HotFix for USI through the doors. But this should be really tackled down on USI, as they are the ones distributing the patches and so I'm reticent on kick starting a TweakScale Companion for them (Official Add'On maintainer distributing "official" TweakScale patches - this is not the "market share" the Companions aims to).

Edited by Lisias
Fixing a link

18 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Wait....Are you on KSP 1.9?

-- POST EDIT -- 

never mind. They really changed the modules. Not only that, the whole subsystem was overhauled, the current exponents just don't work anymore. New exponents are needed, built specially for the new modules.

Problem. There're two years since the change, and nobody cared to fix this until the moment. I'm afraid a Companion will be, in fact, the best way out of the mess.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

Heya, your mod told me to post on here. Got 6 FATAL warnings in my KSP.log on what seems to be stock parts, this was a clean install and something else seems to be going on as there are duplicate things everywhere (flags, options in the option menu etc.).

KSP.log
( Had to use mega, too big for pastebin )

Edited by Symael

Hey, back again with some log problems. I did some digging in the logs, and found issue #34 for my bluedog parts.

problem explanation: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34

Is there any know solutions to this yet! pls help out

Log download: https://gofile.io/d/cjOsWA

Edited by Hypercore
Log

5 hours ago, Hypercore said:

Hey, back again with some log problems. I did some digging in the logs, and found issue #34 for my bluedog parts.

problem explanation: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34

Is there any know solutions to this yet! pls help out

Log download: https://gofile.io/d/cjOsWA

You have Bluedog installed twice on your rig...

[LOG 15:30:24.206] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_Agena/@PART[bluedog_AgenaA]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_AgenaA.cfg/PART[bluedog_AgenaA]
[LOG 15:30:24.210] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_Agena/@PART[bluedog_AgenaA]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_AgenaA.cfg/PART[bluedog_AgenaA]

<yada yada yada>

[LOG 15:30:29.962] Applying update Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_Agena/@PART[bluedog_AgenaA]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_AgenaA.cfg/PART[bluedog_AgenaA]
[LOG 15:30:29.966] Applying update Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_Agena/@PART[bluedog_AgenaA]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_AgenaA.cfg/PART[bluedog_AgenaA]

You unzipped Bluedog on <KSP_ROOT>, but also on <KSP_ROOT>/GameData , and so everything is duplicated.

Remove the Bluedog from the KSP_ROOT (the folder where your .EXE is), and everything should be ok.

Cheers!

Hello, 

My name is AJ, and I have a problem. After adding a couple mods and updating a few other ones when I started up KSP I got huge warnings about FATAL errors in a mod that was working just fine before but as far as I know I didn't change anything with that specific mod, Tweakscale. I have provided a link to the log files that you requested so that you might be able to help me. Please just follow this link and it will take you to both of them. If there is anything else that you might need don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, 

ajtechy369

On 9/21/2020 at 10:39 AM, ajtechy369 said:

Hello, 

My name is AJ, and I have a problem. After adding a couple mods and updating a few other ones when I started up KSP I got huge warnings about FATAL errors in a mod that was working just fine before but as far as I know I didn't change anything with that specific mod, Tweakscale. I have provided a link to the log files that you requested so that you might be able to help me. Please just follow this link and it will take you to both of them. If there is anything else that you might need don't hesitate to ask.

Hi!

Got it.

[LOG 01:05:42.286] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on KIS.Container1 (SC-62 Portable Container).
[LOG 01:05:42.286] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KIS.Container1 (SC-62 Portable Container) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 01:05:42.286] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on KIS.Container2 (ILC-18k Container).
[LOG 01:05:42.286] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KIS.Container2 (ILC-18k Container) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 01:05:42.287] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on KIS.Container3 (ISC-6K Container).
[LOG 01:05:42.287] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KIS.Container3 (ISC-6K Container) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Yep, known issue. What's happening is that you forgot to completely clean up the older TweakScale folder before installing the new version - and since some things are changing on TweakScale, by doing that you ended up with some oldies left polluting the instalment:

[LOG 01:01:52.195] Applying update TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/KIS_TweakScale/@PART[KIS_Container1] to KIS/Parts/container1/part.cfg/PART[KIS_Container1]
[LOG 01:01:52.789] Applying update TweakScale/patches/KIS_TweakScale/@PART[KIS_Container1] to KIS/Parts/container1/part.cfg/PART[KIS_Container1]

Completely delete the TweakScale folder and reinstall it from scratch and you will be fine!

Cheers!

Getting the fatal error message on startup, and these little fellas in the log file:

[LOG 16:10:33.159] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on adapter-125-0625-1 (non RP-0 - SM-1 Stack Adapter).
[LOG 16:10:33.159] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part adapter-125-0625-1 (non RP-0 - SM-1 Stack Adapter) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 16:10:33.159] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on adapter-25-multi-1 (non RP-0 - SE-4-OMNI Stack Multi-Adapter).
[LOG 16:10:33.159] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part adapter-25-multi-1 (non RP-0 - SE-4-OMNI Stack Multi-Adapter) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 16:10:33.159] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on adapter-375-25-1 (non RP-0 - Rockomax Skeletal XL Structural Adapter).
[LOG 16:10:33.159] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part adapter-375-25-1 (non RP-0 - Rockomax Skeletal XL Structural Adapter) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 16:10:33.161] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on truss-micro-01 (Cubic-Family Large Strut).
[LOG 16:10:33.161] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part truss-micro-01 (Cubic-Family Large Strut) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 16:10:33.161] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on truss-micro-02 (Cubic-Family Medium Strut).
[LOG 16:10:33.161] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part truss-micro-02 (Cubic-Family Medium Strut) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 16:10:33.161] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on truss-micro-adapter-01 (non RP-0 - Cubic-Family Strut Adapter).
[LOG 16:10:33.161] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part truss-micro-adapter-01 (non RP-0 - Cubic-Family Strut Adapter) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Here be the full log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZEOOou1AxOCLXFiX6qnS59N4iIdXyfoE/view?usp=sharing
(NOTE: I decided to 7zip it because the thing is 30MB raw :o)

Hi, when I started KSP,  I got this error message on my screen saying there's this "Show Stopper" problem. I'm really stupid and know nothing about computers or software, I just barely understand how to add mods. Started reading forums and I'm trying to grasp basic programming terms that people use to explain things. I did figure out that posting KSP.log file could be useful for people to identify problem. Wonder if you can help guide me on what to do, how to understand what's happening?

I think this is what you call ksp.log file

help?