[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Hi Liasias,

I got four "Show Stoppers" after starting my game. Btw. the CKAN installation broke on my computer too. It only installed the three patchfiles (MarkIV.cfg, ...) from the main directory. A manual installation fixed that in my case too.

I was rather surprised (in a positive way) that I got only four fatale errors (I have more than 200 mods installed). So I looked into the files but couldn't find the problem. The log extraction:

[LOG 18:57:14.184] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.M (RW-LWES1 - Large Short Radial Wedge Tank Extender).
[LOG 18:57:14.184] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.M (RW-LWES1 - Large Short Radial Wedge Tank Extender) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:14.184] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.ML (RW-LWE1 - Large Radial Wedge Tank Extender).
[LOG 18:57:14.184] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.ML (RW-LWE1 - Large Radial Wedge Tank Extender) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:14.184] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.S (RW-LS1 - Large Short Radial Wedge Tank).
[LOG 18:57:14.185] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.S (RW-LS1 - Large Short Radial Wedge Tank) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:14.185] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.T (RW-LT1 - Large Radial Wedge Tank).
[LOG 18:57:14.185] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.T (RW-LT1 - Large Radial Wedge Tank) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

The cause is "Fuel Tank Expansion Rebuilt" currently maintained by linuxgurugamer (many thanks to you, @linuxgurugamer, for your fantastic work, keeping those mods alive!). But none of this four parts seem to differ from e.g. the part "MI_Radial_Wedge_SM_S" that is also a part of this mod and isn't reported.

What I can I do to find the source of this problem?

Edited by ApollosGame

54 minutes ago, ApollosGame said:

Hi Liasias,

I got four "Show Stoppers" after starting my game. Btw. the CKAN installation broke on my computer too. It only installed the three patchfiles (MarkIV.cfg, ...) from the main directory. A manual installation fixed that in my case too.

I was rather surprised (in a positive way) that I got only four fatale errors (I have more than 200 mods installed). So I looked into the files but couldn't find the problem. The log extraction:

The cause is "Fuel Tank Expansion Rebuilt" currently maintained by linuxgurugamer (many thanks to you, @linuxgurugamer, for your fantastic work, keeping those mods alive!). But none of this four parts seem to differ from e.g. the part "MI_Radial_Wedge_SM_S" that is also a part of this mod and isn't reported.

What I can I do to find the source of this problem?

Already known and fixed problem, waiting being merged on the main distribution of Munar Industries.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ModularFuelTankExpansion/pull/2

Until there,  download this patch:

and overwrite the current GameData/MunarIndustries/MFTX_TweakScale.cfg . This will fix this problem.

— — — 

AND YESSSS… I fixed the patches, issued the pull request and plain forgot to tell the guy. Some geriatrician playing KSP around here? :P 

Edited by Lisias
uh… post edit.

CKAN user here.

I compared files inside the v2.4.3.1 archive CKAN downloads to it's cache and files CKAN displays as content of entry for TweakScale - and I see only files inside the "Extra" folder are displayed!

If I delete the "Extra" folder, CKAN will then display all the files inside GameData folder and successfuly installs them too, making TweakScale v2.4.3.1 working. (it installs from cache, so it installs from the archive I deleted the "Extra" folder from)

So at 99% it's the "Extra" folder which somehow makes CKAN to fail.

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

Let's see:

The "Failed check" one is this:

[LOG 10:49:36.945] [TweakScale] ERROR: part=wingShuttleStrake (Big-S Wing Strake) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object
  at ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive (.ConfigNode node, Boolean overwrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive (.ConfigNode node, Boolean overwrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.CreateCopy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase.GetConfigNode (System.String url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.GetMeThatConfigNode (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.checkForOverules (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter+<WriteDryCost>d__3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I will try to reproduce it in the next days, I ask for patience, it's working days for me. Be informed that besides that part is being mentioned, it may not be the "culprit', but what I call 'Screaming Victim". Don't bother the Maintainer yet, let me check it carefully to understand what's really happening. You can send me the ModuleManager cache files (so I can eye ball them)  if you know how - otherwise, please wait some days. And don't use that part for now, just in case (it may be fine, or it may bork - it's not knowing the problem).

The "support withdraw" thingy is:

[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-18 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-25 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-37 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-50 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-12 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-18 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-25 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-37 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-50 Structural Tube.

These 9 ones is on me. These parts use a thing called MODULEPARTVARIANT that happens to change the mass of the variant, something that I will implement now on the 2.4.4.x series (that I'll start working on this WeekEnd). This is not a problem, as the parts will not use TweakScale for now, you can use them normally (the just can't be scaled by now) - but once I publish a DLL that does the job, everything will just works. And without breaking anything in use. :)

There're other reasons to have TweakScale support withdrawn, but these 9 ones you listed are just what I said.

My apologies for the nuisance, but I need to know what parts on the Wild need some care from TweakScale - and I don't have the time to check it myself. You can safely keep going on the game, the Message disappears by clicking on the button, by waiting the timeout or by starting a game - what happens first.

— — — — 

@HawkEngineer, @MaeharaProjekt, @Rafael acevedo, @falcoon, @whitespacekilla

@farnayway

Whoever manages to report this, please include me in the loop. I have some ideas about what can be happening, and there's a chance CKAN is just part of a collective bork (you need a lot of help to screw up some things!) instead of being the problem. In a way or another, I want to confirm my hypothesis before trying random thing and making things worse.

— — — — 

@Marut - try installing it from SpaceDock, CurseForce or Github if you are in a rush. It worked for the guys.

@Lisias,

Here's the link to the ModuleManager cache file you requested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1tu9piuzk8xri9/modulemanager.configcache?dl=0

17 hours ago, HawkEngineer said:

@Lisias,

Here's the link to the ModuleManager cache file you requested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1tu9piuzk8xri9/modulemanager.configcache?dl=0

No problems detected on that part:

Spoiler

UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/strake
	PART
	{
		name = wingShuttleStrake
		module = Part
		author = Porkjet
		rescaleFactor = 1
		node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
		CoMOffset = -0.37, 0.2, 0
		CoLOffset = -0.37, 0.2, 0
		CoPOffset = -0.37, 0.2, 0
		TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics
		entryCost = 22000
		cost = 1000
		category = Aero
		subcategory = 0
		title = Big-S Wing Strake
		manufacturer = C7 Aerospace Division
		description = The Big-S line of wings are C7's largest lifting surfaces to date. Not only are they Sturdy and heat resistant enough to survive reentry, but also have enough internal volume to carry optional fuel tanks.
		attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
		mass = 0.1
		thermalMassModifier = 8.0
		heatConductivity = 0.06
		emissiveConstant = 0.95
		dragModelType = none
		maximum_drag = 0.02
		minimum_drag = 0.02
		angularDrag = 2
		crashTolerance = 15
		maxTemp = 2400
		explosionPotential = 0.1
		fuelCrossFeed = True
		bulkheadProfiles = srf
		tags = aero aircraft foil fuel ?lf lift liquid plane shuttle swept wet
		node_stack_connect01 = 0.0, -0.64, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2
		node_stack_connect02 = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2
		node_stack_connect03 = 0.0, 0.64, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2
		node_stack_connect04 = 0.0, 1.28, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2
		MODEL
		{
			model = Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/ShuttleStrake
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleLiftingSurface
			useInternalDragModel = True
			deflectionLiftCoeff = 1.0
			dragAtMaxAoA = 0.6
			dragAtMinAoA = 0.0
		}
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			amount = 0
			maxAmount = 100
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = AYPart
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
			moduleID = WingConnectPos
			SUBTYPE
			{
				name = Pos. 1
				node = connect01
			}
			SUBTYPE
			{
				name = Pos. 2
				node = connect02
			}
			SUBTYPE
			{
				name = Pos. 3
				node = connect03
			}
			SUBTYPE
			{
				name = Pos. 4
				node = connect04
			}

{
				name = All
				node = connect01
				node = connect02
				node = connect03
				node = connect04
			}
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = TweakScale
			type = free_square
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = WBIResourceSwitcher
			fillToMaxInEditor = False
			fieldReconfigurable = True
			confirmResourceSwitch = True
			showGUI = True
			templateNodes = STORAGE_TEMPLATE
			defaultTemplate = LiquidFuel
			capacityFactor = 0.055555
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = WBIPartScrapper
			scrapSkill = RepairSkill
			minimumPartRecycleSkill = 2
			minimumVesselRecycleSkill = 4
			recycleResource = Equipment
			recyclePercentPerSkill = 10
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleBreakableFuelTank
			resourceBlacklist = Ablator;SolidFuel;SRMFuel
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleB9PartInfo
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModulePartInfo
			originalPartName = wingShuttleStrake
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleQualityControl
			mtbf = 600
		}
	}
}

So your game is good to go, no worries. I wondering what caused that NRE on you, and it appears to be something internal to KSP.  From that stack-dump, I learnt that KSP makes a copy of the data before giving it to us, so perhaps I'm abusing the garbage collector? Your config cache is somewhat large, and with KSP guts making a copy of every ConfigNode I ask to be inspected, the GC must be working as crazy on this.

I'm stuck for now, but I will archive the data and this post for further analysis. If this happens again, let me now. I'm specially interested if the problem would happen every time to the same part or if this will vary as the times goes by.

— — — 

@HawkEngineer I got an idea on this - it may be a race condition I'm trying to overcome at startup, when another Add'Ons and DLCs also do some business they need. Since TweakScale is the one nosy that wants to pry in everything and the kitchen's sink, it's usual that we stomp our toes. I will try something on the Experimental versions - would you like to test it? You will need to use it on a backup game, that thing is experimental!

Edited by Lisias
yeah. typos. but you already knew it.

16 hours ago, whitespacekilla said:

<cut> Another complaint about the already broken CKAN version: it included all of the BreakingParts patches with no warning.

4 hours ago, EnterTheNameHere said:

CKAN user here.

I compared files inside the v2.4.3.1 archive CKAN downloads to it's cache and files CKAN displays as content of entry for TweakScale - and I see only files inside the "Extra" folder are displayed!

<cut>

Now things makes some sense. CKAN is taking the first directory it finds on the ZIP and exploding it to the GameData, no matter the name of the directory.

However, virtually all of the KSP.log I got here showed that Scale_Redist.dll was installed - what tricked me into believing the package was corrupted. My mistake, this file is meant to be redistributed by others Add'Ons.

Terribly frustrating, but at least it's something that I handle do to make things right.

Could some good soul confirm to me if this is what I need to submit to CKAN Meta in order to make things right?

{
    "spec_version"     : "v1.2",
    "$kref"            : "#/ckan/spacedock/127",
    "$vref"            : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",
    "identifier"       : "TweakScale",
    "name"             : "TweakScale - Rescale Everything!",
    "abstract"         : "TweakScale lets you change the size of a part. Not just that, but it will figure out how much fuel is in the resized part. And if it's an engine, it will become more powerful by scaling it bigger, or weaker by scaling it smaller.",
    "license"          : "WTFPL",
    "release_status"   : "stable",
    "x_netkan_force_v" : true,
    "author": [
        "Biotronic",
        "pellinor",
        "LisiasT"
    ],
    "install" : {
        {
            "file" : "GameData/TweakScale",
            "install_to" : "GameData"
        }
    },
    "resources": {
        "homepage":   "https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/179030-*",
        "repository": "https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale"
    },
    "depends" : [
        { "name" : "ModuleManager", "min_version" : "2.7.1" }
    ]
}

The "install" thingy is what I added to the meta file. As soon someone that knows about these things confirm it, I will submit a pull request to the CKAN Meta repository.

Edited by Lisias
kinda of typo...

15 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Could some good soul confirm to me if this is what I need to submit to CKAN Meta in order to make things right?

{
    "abstract"         : "TweakScale lets you change the size of a part. Not just that, but it will figure out how much fuel is in the resized part. And if it's an engine, it will become more powerful by scaling it bigger, or weaker by scaling it smaller.",
        "Biotronic",
        "pellinor",
        "LisiasT"
    ],
        {
        }
    },
    },
    ]
}

The "install" thingy is what I added to the meta file. As long someone that knows about these things confirm it, I will submit a pull request to the CKAN Meta repository.

Perhaps someone with greater knowledge of this file syntax could comment.  Say, @HebaruSan or @linuxgurugamer ?

29 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Now things makes some sense. CKAN is taking the first directory it finds on the ZIP and exploding it to the GameData, no matter the name of the directory.

However, virtually all of the KSP.log I got here showed that Scale_Redist.dll was installed - what tricked me into believing the package was corrupted. My mistake, this file is meant to be redistributed by others Add'Ons.

Terribly frustrating, but at least it's something that I handle do to make things right.

{
        "Biotronic",
        "pellinor",
        "LisiasT"
    ],
        {
        }
    },
    },
    ]
}

The "install" thingy is what I added to the meta file. As soon someone that knows about these things confirm it, I will submit a pull request to the CKAN Meta repository.

I was just coming here to report this issue, and I see you have a fix ready to go.

Looks correct, go ahead and submit

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was just coming here to report this issue, and I see you have a fix ready to go.

Looks correct, go ahead and submit

Thank you.

@Lisias  Bad news.  Just put the latest tweakscale (2.4.3.1) and Modular Fuel Tank Expansion Rebuilt (0.9.6.5 with the patch you gave LGG) on my system, and it blew up.

uc?export=view&id=1QsAdpGxq8mvf-QFw3quOP

Log is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p1pJVB1PcKbl3kiPKN7FAkbKE23VtUnK

I'm going to try to roll back to the versions I had yesterday.

Edit:

@Lisias  It looks like (part of) it was a CKAN issue.   I grabbed the prior version from github, went to compare them, and the entire layout was screwed up.  Obviously there is an issue upgrading between these versions via CKAN.  I uninstalled (which left files there), deleted the directory, reinstalled, and now everything came up without error.

Edit again:

@LisiasWhen switching screens it gave me this warning (at least it's not errors)

uc?export=view&id=12iizG47WtLt-QY4vQaVRh

Looks like parts from the following: B9, Firespitter, Mk3Expansion, NearFuture*, MakingHistory(squad), SXT, TundraExploration

New logs here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TUJkYIC-N8lurDchbb2dnH4JnF-J0712

Is this mainly due to using wildcards in the tweakscale modifications?  

Edited by Critter79606
More info

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

The "support withdraw" thingy is:

[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-18 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.985] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-25 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-37 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate).
[LOG 10:49:36.986] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due EP-50 Engine Plate.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-12 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-18 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-25 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-37 Structural Tube.
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube).
[LOG 10:49:36.995] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due T-50 Structural Tube.

Lisias,

Some additional ones to the ones reported above mostly SXT. don't know what the feline utility rover errors are all about.  thanks for all your help

[LOG 06:25:36.929] [TweakScale] WARNING: NULL ConfigNode for KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Mods/Kerbal Inventory Sytem/Canister_KIS/Lynx_CanisterKIS (unholly characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 06:25:36.929] [TweakScale] WARNING: NULL ConfigNode for KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Mods/Kerbal Inventory Sytem/Canister_KIS/Lynx_CanisterKIS (unholly characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 06:25:36.929] [TweakScale] WARNING: NULL ConfigNode for KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Mods/Kerbal Inventory Sytem/Freight_KIS/Lynx_FreightKIS (unholly characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 06:25:36.929] [TweakScale] WARNING: NULL ConfigNode for KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Mods/Kerbal Inventory Sytem/Freight_KIS/Lynx_FreightKIS (unholly characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 06:25:36.970] [TweakScale] WARNING: NULL ConfigNode for Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1_v2/liquidEngineLV-1R _v2/radialEngineMini_v2 (unholly characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 06:25:36.971] [TweakScale] WARNING: NULL ConfigNode for Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1_v2/liquidEngineLV-1R _v2/radialEngineMini_v2 (unholly characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 06:25:37.009] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for SXTAirbag (Mk10-XL Inflatable Airbag).
[LOG 06:25:37.009] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part SXTAirbag (Mk10-XL Inflatable Airbag) didn't passed the sanity check due Mk10-XL Inflatable Airbag.
[LOG 06:25:37.009] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for SXTAirbagSmall (Mk-10 Inflatable Airbag).
[LOG 06:25:37.009] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part SXTAirbagSmall (Mk-10 Inflatable Airbag) didn't passed the sanity check due Mk-10 Inflatable Airbag.
[LOG 06:25:37.009] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for SXTfloatFront (LF-01A Sea-Float End).
[LOG 06:25:37.009] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part SXTfloatFront (LF-01A Sea-Float End) didn't passed the sanity check due LF-01A Sea-Float End.
[LOG 06:25:37.010] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for SXTfloatMid (LF-01B Sea-Float Midsection).
[LOG 06:25:37.010] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part SXTfloatMid (LF-01B Sea-Float Midsection) didn't passed the sanity check due LF-01B Sea-Float Midsection.
[LOG 06:25:37.010] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for SXTfloatOutboard (LF-01B Sea-Float Outrigger).
[LOG 06:25:37.010] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part SXTfloatOutboard (LF-01B Sea-Float Outrigger) didn't passed the sanity check due LF-01B Sea-Float Outrigger.
[LOG 06:25:37.019] [TweakScale] INFO: TweakScale::WriteDryCost: Concluded : 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 0 Show Stoppers found; 14 Sanity Check failed;

1 hour ago, Critter79606 said:

@Lisias

Looks like parts from the following: B9, Firespitter, Mk3Expansion, NearFuture*, MakingHistory(squad), SXT, TundraExploration

New logs here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TUJkYIC-N8lurDchbb2dnH4JnF-J0712

Is this mainly due to using wildcards in the tweakscale modifications?  

Ugh. I borked beautifully on the log message. #facePalm

What I can tell you for sure: whatever is the problem with these parts, failing a sanity check means that TweakScale found a known issue and withdrew support for the parts to avoid them crashing KSP.

Firespitter, SXT and MakingHistory are mainly lack of proper support and will be handled on the 2.4.4 series. The related issues are:

These parts are not working, they never worked without issues. But they will in the next months as I properly add support for these things.

Looking on your installed Add'Ons, I realized that your installment is also suffering from:

That always leads to

and this last one is the one that were crashing games relentlessly in the past.

This is an unholy code interaction between the various Fuel Switches available. You should not have more than one Fuel Switch on the same part, but yet, it's unfortunately usual to have patches blindly adding many Fuel Switches to every tank. This will cause exceptions on scaling, and these exceptions ends up with zero mass parts that always crashes the game. Always.

TweakScale is not touching these parts since last year, you are not in risk of having your game crashing on you. But now it's the time to start fixing these patches, so now they are being listed. Your best line of action until the patches are fixed is to choose a Fuel Switch and stick to it - and uninstall all the others. There's nothing TweakScale can do about, it's just the messenger.

But I'm sorry anyway.

1 hour ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Lisias,

Some additional ones to the ones reported above mostly SXT. don't know what the feline utility rover errors are all about.  thanks for all your help

You can ignore the WARNING things, it's a heads up about the part naming. TweakScale finds a way around. It's an annoyance that hinders the checking, but not a show stopper. 

The SXT is due the FSBuyoance not being supported yet (see issue #14 above). This is not a reason to worry, these messages will vanish on the 2.4.4 series as I implement proper support.

2 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

no worries, I just wanted to know some additional ones that might have issues.

I understand.

But since sooner or later someone else will came here with the same questions as you, I want to tell them in advance that they do not need to be worry neither.  :)

1 hour ago, ssd21345 said:

wait, Is  firespitter itself a fuel switcher? 

If true, b9 uses both firespitter and b9switcher tho. Dunno how it works

Firespitter provides what I think is the oldest of the fuel switches, FSfuelSwitch. It's almost Stock - and so, it's the one that everybody replaces when writing a patch to add their own Fuel Switch. I still waiting for a problem that involves FSfuelSwitch, :) it appears to be the one Fuel Switch that everybody remembers to deactivate on the part. :) (or at least, the one that everybody learnt to cope with and avoid the Toe Stomping Fest).

The thing on Firespitter that had bitten me is FSbuoyancy. SXT also uses it, and so it's also a victim of this another problem. I'm almost sure it's a silly mishap somewhere (almost certain something TweakScale is not doing right), but I didn't managed to get time to dive into this until now. TweakScale 2.4.4.x will handle it.

TweakScale complains when it finds deadly combinations of Fuel Switches on the same part, merely installing them is not a problem - as long the patches don't promote that Toe Stomping Fest I mentioned. Once the patches reach a compromise about the parts they patch, the problem ceases to exist and TweakScale lifts the block as the game will not crash anymore.

But until we reach the Nirvana, it's advisable to avoid installing more than one Fuel Switch on the same installment. TweakScale has no choice but to deactivate itself of parts tampered with the deadly combination of Fuel Switches - the penalty by not doing that is KSP crashing. Worst, my experiences with the problem hints me that once a savegame leads to the crash, it will always lead to a crash - what renders the savegame useless, and this is the worst problem at all. People here tends to accept a crash now and then, but losing the savegame is a Capital Sin.

8 hours ago, Darkherring said:

I've got some errors. Should I worry about those? :P

Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Nv9Wjmico0ZO03XgPH6WaEfxVgkgurW

UGH! Yeah, these are the nasty ones. :(

[LOG 16:58:15.753] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part Decoupler.1p5 (TD-18 Decoupler) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 

(and some more)

[LOG 16:58:15.770] [TweakScale] INFO: TweakScale::WriteDryCost: Concluded : 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 51 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed;

These are the lines for one of the problematic parts, Triangle1p5 :

Spoiler

[LOG 16:54:26.243] Load(Model): SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Assets/EquiTriangle1p5
[LOG 16:54:26.312] Load(Model): SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Assets/Triangle1p5
[LOG 16:54:40.540] Config(PART) SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5/EquiTriangle1p5
[LOG 16:54:40.540] Config(PART) SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5/Triangle1p5
[LOG 16:54:40.598] Config(@PART[EquiTriangle1p5]) TweakScale/patches/SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Structural/@PART[EquiTriangle1p5]
[LOG 16:54:40.599] Config(@PART[Triangle1p5]) TweakScale/patches/SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Structural/@PART[Triangle1p5]
[LOG 16:54:40.600] Config(@PART[EquiTriangle1p5]) TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs/Structural/@PART[EquiTriangle1p5]
[LOG 16:54:40.600] Config(@PART[Triangle1p5]) TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs/Structural/@PART[Triangle1p5]
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:52:54.093] Applying update ScrapYard/ModuleSYPartTracker/@PART[*] to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:52:54.093] Applying update ScrapYard/ModuleSYPartTracker/@PART[*] to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:53:14.445] Applying update TweakScale/patches/SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Structural/@PART[EquiTriangle1p5] to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:53:14.496] Applying update TweakScale/patches/SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Structural/@PART[Triangle1p5] to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:53:14.920] Applying update TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs/Structural/@PART[EquiTriangle1p5] to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:53:14.920] Applying update TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs/Structural/@PART[Triangle1p5] to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:54:02.825] Applying update Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels/@PART:FINAL to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:54:02.825] Applying update Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels/@PART:FINAL to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:54:04.231] Applying update SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:FINAL to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-07-30 16:54:04.231] Applying update SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:FINAL to SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5.cfg/PART
[LOG 16:56:17.583] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5/EquiTriangle1p5'
[LOG 16:56:17.618] PartLoader: Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/EquiTriangle1p5/EquiTriangle1p5' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 16:56:17.620] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'EquiTriangle1p5'
[LOG 16:56:19.161] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5/Triangle1p5'
[LOG 16:56:19.196] PartLoader: Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Structural/Triangle1p5/Triangle1p5' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 16:56:19.198] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Triangle1p5'
[LOG 16:58:15.763] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on EquiTriangle1p5 (SP-T18 Structural Panel).
[LOG 16:58:15.763] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part EquiTriangle1p5 (SP-T18 Structural Panel) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 16:58:15.764] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on Triangle1p5 (SP-R18 Structural Panel).
[LOG 16:58:15.764] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part Triangle1p5 (SP-R18 Structural Panel) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

ScrapYard, TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs (what is this?), Kopernicus and SMURFF  - besides TweakScale itself - are patching this part.

I don't know what's TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs but by it's name, apparently it's intrinsically incompatible with TweakScale.  You are suffering from the problem described on the issue #34. And I'm guessing that by fixing this part, most if not all of the other ones will be fixed too.

However… Any savegames you have already started and is using any of that 51 parts will need some care. NOW. I need that you send me your Module Manager cache files (mandatory, or I will not be able to see exactly what's going on on your game installment). And can you tell me where that TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs is available for downloading? I need to eye ball it.

— — — — POST EDIT — — — 

I ruled out everything but TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs . So this is the only possible offending patch remaining. I also didn't found it on the Net, apparently it was once on SpaceDock but the only link I found to it leaded to a 404. So, unfortunately, you are orphaned on it - as I can't reach the Maintainer to propose patches that would fix the problem to you.

Theoretically, deleting the TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs would fix things. But these patches are being applied after TweakScale, so they are the duplicates and my tests tells me that the second copy are the ones used by KSP.  If the figures this Add'On uses are the same as I use, no harm is done. But only one thing that differs, and you are susceptible to that situations depicted on the Issue #34 - including crafts that are flying! (nasty consequences).

So I advise to you to use S.A.V.E., backup your savegames, then shutdown KSP and delete TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs and them fire KSP again and check every single flying craft. Anything wrong, restore the backups and call me here so I can hand make a patch to keep your game working safely.

— This problem is also being tracked on Issue #63.

Edited by Lisias
Problem diagnosed, but pending a solution.

Just patched up and got 3 Fatal errors:

[TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F (CADS 0.9375m Docking Port (Active)).
[LOG 18:26:21.651] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F (CADS 0.9375m Docking Port (Active)) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:26:21.651] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on bluedog.CXA.APAS.P (CADS 0.9375m Docking System (Passive)).
[LOG 18:26:21.651] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.P (CADS 0.9375m Docking System (Passive)) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

and then later

[LOG 18:26:21.850] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on M2X.Endcap (Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap).
[LOG 18:26:21.850] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part M2X.Endcap (Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

One mod affected is obviously Blue Dog Design Bureau, but I don't know what the Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap is from...

Any idea on a fix?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Kardea said:

Just patched up and got 3 Fatal errors:

One mod affected is obviously Blue Dog Design Bureau, but I don't know what the Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap is from...

Any idea on a fix?

Just three parts, this is going to be simple. But I need your full KSP.log (and, if possible, the MM config cache to a last resource hand made patch for your).

6 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Just three parts, this is going to be simple. But I need your full KSP.log (and, if possible, the MM config cache to a last resource hand made patch for your).

Here's a link to the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NcNxLEMDfrh-r8hleIQr8FtauuEM3pSq/view?usp=sharing

I'm a bit of a dunce and don't quite understand what you mean by the Module Manager 'config cache...'