[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

In all honesty I don't think that this mod, as it is right now, should be available for download as official release. With all these bugs it works way below any user's expectation. In 7 years of playing KSP I've never experienced something like that, right now this is not a mod is a game-breaking virus. And that's a pity because it is indeed a great mod when it works fine. 

31 minutes ago, Epox75 said:

In all honesty I don't think that this mod, as it is right now, should be available for download as official release. With all these bugs it works way below any user's expectation. In 7 years of playing KSP I've never experienced something like that, right now this is not a mod is a game-breaking virus. And that's a pity because it is indeed a great mod when it works fine. 

To be honest, bad MM patches that were causing issues were around for a long time. Only recently it was discovered true reason for issues and way to detect them. Once detected, issues are solved quickly, but mod developer can't know by himself for each part mod of KSP is it have bad MM commands or not.

As with any other mod around, use it or not use it on your own risk. Everything is explained what is working and what not and what to do if someone encounter any issue. Asking for this mod to be removed and call it "virus" is a bit too much.

13 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

To be honest, bad MM patches that were causing issues were around for a long time. Only recently it was discovered true reason for issues and way to detect them. Once detected, issues are solved quickly, but mod developer can't know by himself for each part mod of KSP is it have bad MM commands or not.

As with any other mod around, use it or not use it on your own risk. Everything is explained what is working and what not and what to do if someone encounter any issue. Asking for this mod to be removed and call it "virus" is a bit too much.

I completely agree. @Lisias has been making every effort to address issues. A virus has these properties:

1. Written with malicious intent
  2. Attempts to remain hidden
  3. Attempts to propagate itself to new hosts

None of that applies here.

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

1 hour ago, sturmhauke said:

I completely agree. @Lisias has been making every effort to address issues. A virus has these properties:

1. Written with malicious intent
  2. Attempts to remain hidden
  3. Attempts to propagate itself to new hosts

None of that applies here.

Ok I might have exaggerated in calling it a virus, sorry. Is not certainly written with malicious intent but it works hidden until i call the debug or look at ksp.log and about propagating to new host: I scaled a science part on spacecraft and I found all RCS parts (I never scaled them) with negative weight... so I disagree on point 2 and 3.

I tried it 4 months ago with RO/RSS/RP-1 and it broke the game. Then I tried it in modded stock, it broke the game. Recently I did tried it again with RSS/RO/RP-1 a new and guess what? It broke the game again (issue 11). As a matter of fact is not working properly, this thread is full of log reports, in my opinion it's not appropriate to release it on platforms like spacedock, ckan and so on.  It should be a Dev/Test build.

I do have backups, but still I won't play without tweakscale working properly, is an essential mod for me especially when it comes to put science parts on a spacecraft and scale them to balance the weight. In RSS/RO you don't have powerful reaction wheels, everything is done with RCS and weight balancing is fundamental. 

Anyway to be clear: I am not asking for the mod to be removed, the developer should do what he/she think it's proper, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be entitled to have an opinion about it.

Put yourself in the shoes of a long time KSP user. He wants to play KSP after a break, he installs most of the mods via CKAN and then in the middle of the gameplay, 10 years into a career,  comes the message that the game might break up because of tweakscale. It's like saying: "Be careful! You just got a kick in the teeth"... oh well, thanks of the advice.. you could have told me earlier or not at all. 

Edited by Epox75

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

A lot of people might assume when they see it, that TMHC exists because Tweakscale natively doesnt support MH. I also thought this and briefly had it installed at some point before realizing MH was already covered. 

It's what I was wandering. But TweakScale has MH support for more than an year already.

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

I think having TMHC marked as incompatible with tweakscale in the your netkan might help with this issue.

This is playing cat and mouse with the World, and I'm not even sure I'm the cat on this.

What's triggering my grumpiness is that I could not even download the thing because this damned thing has no presence on the Web! I managed to find a page with a link to Spacedock, but that was all. I don't know who's the Author, I don't know the contents (but now that some kind user cared to provide me with the ConfigCache, I can Infer it by reverse engineering). But at least I can check it now that I know it's still available on CKAN.

Unsupported Add'Ons should be marked as such. And it's pretty unfeasible to expect me to detect and mark every single Add'On created in the past to avoid having my Toes stomped by zoombies. :P

on the other hand, people using CKAN use it for a reason, to do not have to handle such idiosyncrasies him/her/itself. :D

I think that unsupported Add'Ons on CKAN should be marked as such, with a very nice alert on installing.

Alternatively, a List of Endorsed Add'Ons could be implemented. Curators would be responsible to maintain such lists to avoid this mess.

well, now that I know what's this, I can write a nice Show Stopper message detecting "Unholly Add'Ons", freezing the game until the thing is uninstalled.

Ideally, I should not have so much of my free time wasted diagnosing things that would be hugely simpler to prevent by other means, as the installation tool. There are real problems still happening on the wild, and I wasting time diagnosing the same problems over and over.

Please note that this is not a complain about the people reporting the same problems over and over - don't shoot the messenger. The problem is the need to report the problem at first place. We solve the root cause, people stops complaining about the same issues, because the issues are solved for good.

We have a flaw on our Distribution Process. We need to locate it, and tackle it down.

7 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I think that unsupported Add'Ons on CKAN should be marked as such, with a very nice alert on installing.

Hi Lisias, thats exactly what I'm suggesting. I'm kind of new to CKAN/Netkan and I dont know how you have yours set up. I just started looking after realplume where the netkan file is on github but I think your netkan points to spacedock. 

The thing is you can mark Making History Tweakscale Configs as incompatible within your netkan settings. This way CKAN will not just warn users, it will outright refuse to install it together with tweakscale. You can probably speak to the CKAN people for help with this.

Edited by Zorg

On 9/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, Epox75 said:

I tried it 4 months ago with RO/RSS/RP-1 and it broke the game. Then I tried it in modded stock, it broke the game. Recently I did tried it again with RSS/RO/RP-1 a new and guess what? It broke the game again (issue 9). As a matter of fact is not working properly, this thread is full of log reports, in my opinion it's not appropriate to release it on platforms like spacedock, ckan and so on.  It should be a Dev/Test build.

I could not agree less. The main reason for RO problems with TweakScale is RO bad patches. RO fix their patches, problems go away - people using RO had reached me in private asking me how to fix RO patches, since the RO guys said they don't support TweakScale, besides having a lot of bad patches on the distribution. 

The root cause for this is you not following Maintainers advices. RO guys don't support TweakScale, and I already have my hands full supporting Add'Ons that support TweakScale. What I gladly do creating Pull Requests when the license terms are acceptable and the Maintainer are kind enough to accept the contribution.

On 9/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, Zorg said:

The thing is you can mark Making History Tweakscale Configs as incompatible within your netkan settings. This way CKAN will not just warn users, it will outright refuse to install it together with tweakscale. You can probably speak to the CKAN people for help with this.

This is the same as trying to cure Malarya with antipyretics. And this doesn't covers manual installing.

This is shoving on my … shoulder :P the burden to fix things did by third parties. It's unfair and unfeasible to expect that an Add'On Maintainer to be responsible for the (bad) behaviour misbehaviours from third parties.

[snip]

I just checked the NetKAN file for TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs:

{
    "spec_version": "v1.4",
    "identifier":   "TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs",
    "$kref":        "#/ckan/spacedock/1806",
    "license":      "WTFPL",
    "x_via":        "Automated SpaceDock CKAN submission",
    "depends": [
        { "name": "TweakScale"        },
        { "name": "MakingHistory-DLC" }
    ]
}

No Author informed. The SpaceDock entry 1806 returns 404 Not Found. I didn't found it on the web archive neither.

By all means, this is a "bogus" entry that describes an Add'On that doesn't exists and CKAN guys know about it, as it was frozen. So, no. I'm not making CKAN accountable for this mess neither - they are, also, just messengers. 

— — — — — 

That said, I'm not sitting on my hands on this. I will tackle this problem down. I just will not play Cat and Mouse with the problem - if I'm going to use yet some more of my scarce free time solving third parties problems again, I will do it on my terms.

TL;DR : I will support who supports me, and I will work out a soft ban on non forum compliant Add'Ons.

(please don't take it as an argument on you - you are another messenger on this problem! :) )

Edited by Lisias
bad beheviour and misbehaviour are different things. I will try to remember that.

36 minutes ago, Lisias said:

What's triggering my grumpiness is that I could not even download the thing because this damned thing has no presence on the Web!

So I found the netkan entry for this:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs.frozen

It says automated Spacedock submission. But the mod has been deleted by the author from spacedock (probably because TS got updated for MH) which is why you cant find it.  But for some reason CKAN is still picking up and distributing it.

If you wish, you can contact the original author and ask them to resolve this with the CKAN people: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/104003-jedtech/

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

I could not agree less. The main reason for RO problems with TweakScale is RO bad patches. RO fix their patches, problems goes away -people using RO had reached me in private asking how to fix RO patches, since the RO guys said they don't support TweakScale, besides having a lot of bad patches on the distribution.

The root cause for this is you don't following Maintainers advices. RO guys don't support TweakScale, and I already have my hands full supporting Add'Ons supporting TweakScale. What I gladly do creating Pull Requests when the license terms are acceptable and the Maintainer are kind enough to acknowledge the contribution.

This is trying to cure Malarya with antipyretics. And this doesn't covers manual installing.

This is shoving on my shoulder the burden to fix things did by third parties. It's unfair and unfeasible to expect that an Add'On Maintainer to be responsible for the (bad) behaviour from third parties.

I am a long time user of RSS and RO, I never had such game breaking issues before 1.3.1 and I always used tweakscale. On the main page of RSS there's an advice about not using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and no mention about tweakscale. Same thing on this page.. or am i supposed to scroll every post to see if there is some info about it? By the way the issue is #11 not #9 as I stated above. Anyway it's the negative weight of parts (\Delta v increases attaching parts) . 

If I look at the issue #11 there's no mention of RO at all. 

@Lisias

Looks like, while is frozen, one can still download it using CKAN

Ckan meta:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs/TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs-1.0e.ckan

it doesn't show in Spacedock.info, but CKAN can still download it from there (I've just tested here and it does install correctly in the ominous GameData/TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs folder)

Now, I've never used CKAN before apart for some quick testing, but if the frozen status/file means CKAN shouldn't download/list the mod, it seems it isn't working, at least not for that particular mod/patch

2 hours ago, Epox75 said:

I am a long time user of RSS and RO, I never had such game breaking issues before 1.3.1 and I always used tweakscale. On the main page of RSS there's an advice about not using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and no mention about tweakscale. Same thing on this page.. or am i supposed to scroll every post to see if there is some info about it? By the way the issue is #11 not #9 as I stated above. Anyway it's the negative weight of parts (\Delta v increases attaching parts) . 

If I look at the issue #11 there's no mention of RO at all. 

So go back to use KSP 1.3.1 :)

Things had changed, dude. KSP changed, a lot of Add'Ons changed, and things are how they are now.

RO does not support TweakScale. I can't support an Add'On that doesn't supports me.

I will omit the Source for obvious reasons, but this is what I was told about:

Spoiler

yLrVjhN.png

[snip] if you are willing to help me on fixes for the mess, I'm accepting Pull Requests for HotFixes like this.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/blob/dev/emergencial/2.4.3.4/Extras/TweakScale/HotFixes/RO-Stock_Electrical.cfg

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

[snip]

I mean my savegame  broke 4 months ago, It broke again today.. it's clear enough to me that if the problem wasn't fixed within 4 months it's not going to be solved anytime soon. 

And about RO not supporting Tweakscale:

fKmWuXW.png

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

Some content has been removed.

This is a friendly message from the moderation team reminding you not to take your frustrations out on each other.  Name calling and rudeness are not going to solve anyone's problems and they're certainly not going to improve the thread.  Also, they're not allowed.

Thanks for your understanding,
KSP Moderation Team

My apologies to anyone that witnessed that sad exchange of… opinions. I'll try not to be drawn again to such things.

Now, let's get back to business. :)

13 hours ago, OSCARWB said:

I recently updated TweakScale and reinstalled KSP Interstellar Extended then launched KSP and after loading got the warning about fatal parts and to send my ksp.log file here for help.

Got it.

[LOG 18:57:27.124] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1429 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 6 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 488 unscalable parts.

You can ignore that 9 "Sanity Check failed", these are parts that were patched but since some things had changed over time, TweakScale was not doing a proper job on supporting them. Please be patient as these parts will be supported on the next Iteration (2.4.4.x) of TweakScale.

Let's get our pawns dirty on that 6 FATALities:

[LOG 18:57:27.020] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part M2X.Endcap (Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:27.041] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SecuBot16bad (SecuBot16bad) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:27.043] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part M50FixedAero (M50FixedAero) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:27.044] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part Single30TurretAlpha (Single 30 Turret) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:27.045] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part M30StreamlinedAero (SM30 Auto Cannon) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:57:27.046] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part GeneralDynamicsXM301 (GD_XM301 Gatling) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

The first one, M2X.EndCap, was already identified before. It is/was a glitch on Mk2 Expansion. My pull request was closed and the fixes applied. The 1.8.6. release has the fixes. Please update Mk2Expansion.

The remaining 5, SecuBot16bad; M50FixedAero; Single30TurretAlpha; M30StreamlinedAero and GeneralDynamicsXM301 are being patched by SM_Armory, an Add'On that is not available anymore for downloading.

One of them are being patched twice by SM_Armory:

[LOG 18:53:22.644] Applying update SM_Armory/Patches/tweakscale/@PART[Single30TurretAlpha] to SM_Armory/Parts/Config/Single30Ball.cfg/PART[Single30TurretAlpha]
[LOG 18:53:22.877] Applying update SM_Armory/Patches/tweakscale/@PART[Single30TurretAlpha] to SM_Armory/Parts/Config/Single30Ball.cfg/PART[Single30TurretAlpha]

So I think it's reasonable to conclude that the source of the rogue patching appears to be SM_Armory. However, this Add'On is ARR and it's not available anymore for downloading, so I can't even inspect the patches myself, so we are in the dark on this issue.

What doesn't means I can't try to help. Please send me your ModuleManager.ConfigCache so I can eye-ball it. With some luck, and by analysing the other Add'Ons those patches are available, I can infer the SM_Armory's original intent and then provide you with a HotFix for SM_Armory. Alternatively, if you have a GitHub account, we can move this "ticket" to the Issue #63, as more than one fellow Kerbonaut are getting some problems with it.

11 hours ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

I think i have copied everything you need in here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kT3K9NTelQ7nAon0BnDqxB3-OpO7_W6e

Ugh.. 

[LOG 13:53:20.773] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1136 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 1 parts with issues overruled ; 118 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 478 unscalable parts.

118 show stoppers. And some of them are, indeed, badly patched. Three tines in a row, as this part I got from the ConfigCache:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = free
                        type = free
                        type = free_square
                }

Yep, we have some work to do! :)

However, I have a problem. Your KSP.log appears to be incomplete! See:

[LOG 13:50:40.451] Config(PART) AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/smallwings/halfwing/smallwingConnector1
[LOG 13:50:43.427] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/smallwings/halfwing/smallwingConnector1'
[LOG 13:50:43.491] PartLoader: Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/smallwings/halfwing/smallwingConnector1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:50:43.494] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'smallwingConnector1'
[LOG 13:53:20.641] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on smallwingConnector1 (Wing Connector Type F).
[LOG 13:53:20.642] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part smallwingConnector1 (Wing Connector Type F) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

Do  you see? There are no "Applying updates" lines on the log! (see the previous ones to see how they list every patch on a part using a log line with "Applying update"). Initially I thought you were being running from a ConfigCache, but I found:

[LOG 2019-09-16 13:15:16.312] Checking Cache
[LOG 2019-09-16 13:15:20.683] SHA generated in 4.379s
[LOG 2019-09-16 13:15:20.683]       SHA = 65-EC-B7-DC-C2-42-FD-12-56-78-D8-A1-68-23-F0-54-F1-46-FE-7C-B6-B1-F9-BE-
[LOG 2019-09-16 13:15:23.180] Changes : Added   : GameData/AM6E1engine/AM6E1engine.cfg
<cut>
[LOG 2019-09-16 13:15:23.185] Cache SHA = 4D-CE-A9-99-5B-2A-A7-DC-98-3F-FA-30-41-F5-71-AA-BC-E5-26-A8-40-4F-94-5C-
[LOG 2019-09-16 13:15:23.185] useCache = False

What means that no, you are not loading from cache. But then I found some parts with the log message, and others without:

[LOG 2019-09-16 13:46:09.429] Applying update SMArmory/SM_OSTandT/Patches/Armor_SMI_OST/@PART[Tiger1Hull]:FINAL to SMArmory/SM_OSTandT/Parts/Tiger1Hull/Tiger1Hull.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-09-16 13:46:09.479] Applying update TweakScale/BreakingParts/B9_HX/@PART[B9_Structure_HX1_S_HS]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_structure_hub_support.cfg/PART

And this can explain why some parts are terribly patched - the BreakingParts are a stunt to prevent ongoing savegames to break by fixing the parts. Not all double patching leads to a crash, so initially I was trying to keep some parts broke in order to prevent losing ongoing savegames. So, unless I had told you to use this stunt, please delete GameData/TweakScale/BreakingParts . 

You have a some SM Add'ons on your installment, and there's a chance that some of them can be doing something wrong are the previous guy. But since your KSP.log is… weird… I can't be sure. Your list of DLLs says:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v3.1.1.0
ModuleManager v3.1.2.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
B9AnimationModules v1.3.2.0 / vv1.3.2
B9PartSwitch v2.5.1.0 / vv2.5.1
BDArmory.Core v1.3.1.0
BDArmory v1.3.1.0
Firespitter v7.3.6867.18541
KTechCategoryMaster v0.0.0.1
SMI_APUcontroller v0.0.0.1
RasterPropMonitor v0.30.5.22792
KTechCategoryMaster v0.0.0.1
SMI_APUcontroller v0.0.0.1
SM_MalFuncIndustries v0.1.0.5
SMI SmallArms v0.0.1.0
HoverCraft v1.0.4.4
SMIndustries v0.1.0.6
VLSLauncher v0.1.0.0
SM_ParaMotor v0.0.0.1
StrykerAA v0.1.0.5
SmokeScreen v2.8.1.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
KSPe.Light.TweakScale v2.1.0.13
Scale v2.4.3.4
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0 / v2.4.3.4

With three different versions for Module Manager available. Perhaps having all of them installed leaded to this glitch? This is a blocking issue for me, because without a log that tells me every "Applying Update", I cant trace who is patching who and then I'm on the dark without the option of detecting the source of the problems and propose fixes.

So I need to ask you to:

1. Delete all Module Maneger DLLs but the 4.0.2 one.
  2. Make sure you are not logging Module Manager into separate log files. I need all the logs into the KSP.log file,  my tools are designed to work this way.
  3. Delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache
  4. Delete the directory <KRP_ROO>/Logs
  5. Launch KSP.exe 
  6. As soon the FATAL Alert Box appears, just shutdown KSP
  7. Send me again KSP.log, ModuleManager.ConfigCache, and just to be on the safe side, everything under <KRP_ROO>/Logs 

Hopefully this will provide me with the information I need to check things.

58 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

@Lisiaswhere do I put the fix tho

To avoid accidentally deleting them, I propose to save the files on:

• hacks
    • GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/hacks
  • Hot Fixes
    • GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/HotFixes
  • Overrules
    • GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/Overrules

You can put them anywhere, but these locations are easy to remember, to check and are out of the way of the installers tools so you don't risk losing anything when update things.

38 minutes ago, Amanaman3600 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lNqUk_JfaX96FD3-rcRD_CawzxZN_Ol_/view?usp=sharing

The file was too big for pastebin. I have 100000000 mods but removing Tweak Scale and KSPIE (dependent on TS) and my KSP runs fine. not sure what the issue is

[LOG 17:14:30.249] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1630 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 554 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 476 unscalable parts.

Yeah, you have about 554 Show Stoppers!! Dude, you are definitively the Winner on this contest! :0.0:

But I need the full Log. I need to track down evert patch being applied to get into the problem. Please publish the full KSP.log (and also the ModuleManager.ConfigCache) on Google Drive, Drop Box or something like that. My hands are tied without all that information!

Good news and bad news!
Bad news: The fix was very simple and I am dumb for not checking the files closely enough.
Good news: It's fixed and TweakScale actually had no issues! It was an issue with CKAN actually. It created a gamedata folder inside of my gamedata folder. Moving everything from that folder into my primary gamedata folder has fixed all the issues I've been having and TS is working perfectly!

10 hours ago, Lisias said:
  • Make sure you are not logging Module Manager into separate log files. I need all the logs into the KSP.log file,  my tools are designed to work this way.

I don't know how to check that or how to change it

10 hours ago, Lisias said:
  • Delete the directory <KRP_ROO>/Logs

I have never seen this directory before and I can't seem to find it on my computer

with the exception of these 2 steps I followed the other ones and (unsurprisingly) I got the fatal error and closed the game and copied the new log and configcache to google drive as both are too big for pastebin
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xVxyPoshzXyFIVgoyWr2_2pa5tAMyz4d?usp=sharing

5 hours ago, Amanaman3600 said:

Good news and bad news!
Bad news: The fix was very simple and I am dumb for not checking the files closely enough.
Good news: It's fixed and TweakScale actually had no issues! It was an issue with CKAN actually. It created a gamedata folder inside of my gamedata folder. Moving everything from that folder into my primary gamedata folder has fixed all the issues I've been having and TS is working perfectly!

So it was good news and great news! :D

Silly mistakes are my favorite kind of mistakes - they can be easily fixed. :)

9 hours ago, IronKerbal said:

I would suggest to add a tweakscale function that disables the tweakscale module on the Broken parts.

Also, I am going to make a FASA tweakscale, Fasa is a amazing mod...

Yep, it's what the Sanity Check does.

The FATALities, however, can't be automatically handled as this can be injected at any time, i.e., you have a sane installment, start a savegame, then you install something and a FATALity is issued. If TweakScale withdraw itself on this situation, the savegame can get corrupted as any craft using  the affected part will suddenly have that part descaled. Been there, done that - very entertaining. :P 

So the only safe measure is that scary Message Box. You install something and if a Houston happens, you know that whatever you installed triggered something bad (not always the thing is broken, sometimes is something else that it's triggered by it). And with the logs, we can check who had broken what and take action on it.

About FASA, good! :) Hit me here if you need any help!

5 hours ago, OSCARWB said:

Yeah, I have a GitHub account. I'll put both ksp.log and ConfigCache on Issue #63

Thanks. This will make handling it a bit easier, as I'm expecting a lot of similar occurrences. :) (TweakScale 2.5 will be a water divisor for a lot of classic Add'Ons, by the way).

1 hour ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

I don't know how to check that or how to change it

I have never seen this directory before and I can't seem to find it on my computer

There's a command line option that tells Module Manager to save its logs on a file there and not on the KSP.log (or something like that - I don't remember, I never used this option myself). It surely made sense for some people, but for me is a drawback as my tools are designed to extract what I need from a sequential stream of data (what's a log is, essentially), not from scattered files around the filesystem. Anyway, if you don't know what it is, you are not using it. :D 

2 hours ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

with the exception of these 2 steps I followed the other ones and (unsurprisingly) I got the fatal error and closed the game and copied the new log and configcache to google drive as both are too big for pastebin
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xVxyPoshzXyFIVgoyWr2_2pa5tAMyz4d?usp=sharing

Ok, let's give it another shot.

[LOG 13:53:59.726] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1136 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 118 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 478 unscalable parts.

Check. Same result. Let's see the patching for smallwingConnector1:

[LOG 13:49:30.631] Config(PART) AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/smallwings/halfwing/smallwingConnector1
[LOG 13:49:37.129] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/smallwings/halfwing/smallwingConnector1'
[LOG 13:49:37.282] PartLoader: Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/smallwings/halfwing/smallwingConnector1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:49:37.291] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'smallwingConnector1'
[LOG 13:53:59.472] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on smallwingConnector1 (Wing Connector Type F).
[LOG 13:53:59.472] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part smallwingConnector1 (Wing Connector Type F) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

Damn. I was wrong, I got the very same results from the last time. I also confirmed that there's only one Module Manager on your installment, so definitively we had rule out a MM glitch or misbehaviour.

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
B9AnimationModules v1.3.2.0 / vv1.3.2
<cut>

@DodoOnTheMün, I will need to handle this the hard way - by manually inspecting the Add'Ons patches, this is going to take more time than I have available right now. I will come back to it by night.

Finally - even though appreciate the notice, after seeing it for the umpteenth time - I decided to slap a straight jacket and Hannibal mask on TweakScale and throw it kicking and silently screaming into the dungeon called MMpatch land!

Spoiler

// Sanity Check Sanitizer cfg v1.0
// To muffle TweakScale from yelling about something that can't be fixed right now is annoying me with a 30 second nag screen. :P 
// created: 17 Sep 19
// updated: 17 Sep 19

// liquidEngine3.v2 (LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine)
// EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate)
// EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate)
// EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate)
// EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate)
// Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube)
// Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube)
// Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube)
// Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube)
// Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube)

@PART[liquidEngine3*,EnginePlate1p5,EnginePlate2,EnginePlate3,EnginePlate4,Tube1,Tube1p5,Tube2,Tube3,Tube4]:AFTER[TweakScale]
{
	-MODULE[TweakScale],* { }
}

// CC BY-NC-SA-4.0
// zer0Kerbal

ps - nothing can be done to fix these parts sanity (for now), so silencing the sanity check on them won't hurt, but will save my sanity. :P

2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Finally - even though appreciate the notice, after seeing it for the umpteenth time - I decided to slap a straight jacket and Hannibal mask on TweakScale and throw it kicking and silently screaming into the dungeon called MMpatch land!

ps - nothing can be done to fix these parts sanity (for now), so silencing the sanity check on them won't hurt, but will save my sanity. :P

When I did this stunt, I was thinking everything would be fixed by now. :P I thought the really heavy lifting on support would happen on 2.5, then I will shove :FOR[TweakScale] on the patches and then getting TweakScale out of the LEGACY patching. :P

I jokingly "advise" to add a HOTFIX value so an AlertBox would remind you about the hack, so you don't risk forgetting this when TweakScale starts supporting them. :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
:P