[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.3.11 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Adding support for KSP Recall, allowing TweakScale to be used on KSP 1.9.x due a new glitch introduced by these KSP versions. - KSP 1.9 Ready, baby! ;)
  • Issues Fixed:
    • #98 Implement proper KSP Recall Support.

See OP for the links.

Highlights

KSP 1.9.x Support

There's a glitch on KSP 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 (and it's unknown if this will be ever fixed) that overrides any change made on the Part's Resources on cloning (i.e., "copy & paste" an existant part - Alt+Click, Using Symmetry, etc).

This glitch affects every single Add'On that changes the Part's Resources, it's not something affecting only TweakScale - so a fix was applied on a new Add'On called KSP Recall

Users of KSP 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 are advised to install KSP Recall. Future KSP releases may or may not fix the glitch - but until there, you need KSP Recall to use TweakScale on KSP 1.9.x . 

Keep an eye on the Known Issues file.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge, Right now. :P
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users), Right now. :)

The reasoning is to gradually distribute the Release to easily monitor the deployment and cope with eventual mishaps.]

-- -- - -- -- -- 

TweakScale 2.4.3.11 was marked compatible to 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 on CurseForge. :)

Edited by Lisias
CurseForge updated

Is their a tweakscale patch for the BG robotics parts?  i added free scaling to the pistons and rotors but they seem to have a bug where parts that are attached to them get scaled up also, even parts without tweakscale support will get scaled up once attached to a scaled up robotic part.

Just now, The Space Man said:

Is their a tweakscale patch for the BG robotics parts?  i added free scaling to the pistons and rotors but they seem to have a bug where parts that are attached to them get scaled up also, even parts without tweakscale support will get scaled up once attached to a scaled up robotic part.

Nope. I didn't managed time to research BG scaling.

There's a couple patches for blades on the Beta release, but they worked fine on 1.7, and on 1.8 they misbehave - didn't managed to grab an opportunity to retake this task yet 

Restockplus + Tweakscale + NFS (hidden) + NFSpacecraft.

200307015933759698.png

The upper hemispherical tank is emptied because it hosts several parts: solar panels, Lander can on robotic arms which can extend, inflatable airlocks, batteries, a large unmanned probe and an upscaled reaction wheel.

Edited by DarkNounours

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Azic Minar said:

@Lisias I know this is off topic, but are you safe from all the chaos right now?

As safe as it's possible. This crisis is more a social/political/economical one than a health one around here. We are on Summer here at South Hemisphere, the higher temperatures helps, and helps a lot - what Winter is reserving for us is still to be seen, on the other hand.

The behaviour of people under the crisis, however, is worse than the crisis itself. Ignorance and selfishness are a deadly combination.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

The behaviour of people under the crisis, however, is worse than the crisis itself. Ignorance and selfishness are a deadly combination.

Exactly that. Whole crisis would be handled much easier if people were less ignorant and more disciplined. Take care and stay safe.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:55 AM, DarkNounours said:

Restockplus + Tweakscale + NFS (hidden) + NFSpacecraft.

200307015933759698.png

The upper hemispherical tank is emptied because it hosts several parts: solar panels, Lander can on robotic arms which can extend, inflatable airlocks, batteries, a large unmanned probe and an upscaled reaction wheel.

Now you just need a couple of mechs to come out of it

Hello people,

I have recieved FATAL Errors after I load my game with recent mods. I got FATAL Errors related to TweakScale. I uploaded my log within WeTransfer could you please explain me what is the reason that I'm recieving this issue?

It is realted to BlueDog Design mods. Yes, I recently added to my game.

KSP Version: 1.9.1

I'm running the game on 64-Bit. I have installed KSP Recall as well. Whole game working properly but after Bluedog Design it is somehow broken. Do I have to delete all BlueDog Design Mods?

Thank you

KSP LOG: https://we.tl/t-dpnzL8NbTa

Edited by dragonflyGT

1 hour ago, dragonflyGT said:

Hello people,

I have recieved FATAL Errors after I load my game with recent mods. I got FATAL Errors related to TweakScale. I uploaded my log within WeTransfer could you please explain me what is the reason that I'm recieving this issue?

I'm running the game on 64-Bit. I have installed KSP Recall as well. Whole game working properly but after Bluedog Design it is somehow broken. Do I have to delete all BlueDog Design Mods?

Thank you

I just looked at downloading the mod to examine it since I'm not good at errors like Lisias is, but I see there are two versions of the mod available for download, one for 1.8.1 and one for 1.7.3.

Now, do you have the newest versions of the supporting mods that it depends upon like B9, DMagicScienceAnimate, and so forth that were included with it?

Also, is your Module Manager 4.1.3 or newer?

POST EDIT
SO I see that a couple mods, including BDB aren't at newest version. BDB is at 1.6.2 and your log says 1.4.3. That's a place to start, now I'm going to start this mess up and see what happens on my install (it would be a nightmare to @Lisias )

Edited by Azic Minar
Looked at file

17 minutes ago, dragonflyGT said:

yes all of them included. TweakScale was working flawlessly but and then BD_Design it's started to get errors. I saw people properly using within TweakScale, BD_Design and 1.9.1 version of KSP together. And yes, I got ModuleManager 4.1.3 version.

One thing I am seeing is multiple Mini AVCs. I know a lot of mods included them, but I remember hearing something about you should have the main mod and remove the minis from all of your mods to make things run smoother. Now, I don't remember where I read this to point you in the right direction, but that did make my installs run better.

POST EDIT

I've looked through stuff and while I'm not as through as @Lisias, but I think the issue might be in updating mods. I did not get any FATAL errors when I started up KSP.

My question is, when you update a mod, do you delete the old folder before you copy in the new version of that mod? That as actually saved me from a load of errors, and might be why I don't have any FATAL errors in my KSP.Log

Edited by Azic Minar

3 hours ago, dragonflyGT said:

Hello people,

Thank you

KSP LOG: https://we.tl/t-dpnzL8NbTa

Hi! A bit late to the party. :) While @Azic Minar did a Quality Assurance check on your instalment, allow me to give some hints about Quality Control ;)

• Install ZeroMiniAVC, or if you are on a UNIX machine, find ~ -name "MiniAVC.*" -delete . (this will get rid of every single MiniAVC on every KSP you have on your account)
    • This DLL is outdated, and currently a source of problems on KSP >= 1.8
    • Deleting everything is the best line of action, use KSP-AVC instead.
  • The two FATALITIES (bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F and bluedog.CXA.APAS.P ) are about double patching.
    • It's a glitch on CX Aerospace  already handled last year. Boy, that one gave me a run for my money.
    • TL;DR : the patches for CX Aerospace were made when all the assets belonged to a single author, but then some assets were passed to third parties, and the way CX do its patches became not only obsolete, but also a source of problems as it started to apply patches to assets from unrelated add'ons because they were authored by a dude.

As far as I know, CX was not fixed (and probably never will - the licensing terms are terribly restrictive), so you will have to apply a HOTFIX. On the TweakScale zip file,  take this file:

Extras/TweakScale/HotFixes/CxAerospace--Bluedog_DB.cfg

And copy it to a place where you will surely remember it later. I recommend __LOCAL/TwealScale/Extras/HotFixes . This will prevent you to forget where in hell you shoved the stunt, and also prevent some manual or automated update to delete the patch - what could be damaging to your savegames.

Cheers! ( and Scale Safe! :D )

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi! A bit late to the party. :) While @Azic Minar did a Quality Assurance check on your instalment, allow me to give some hints about Quality Control ;)

• Install ZeroMiniAVC, or if you are on a UNIX machine, find ~ -name "MiniAVC.*" -delete . (this will get rid of every single MiniAVC on every KSP you have on your account)
    • This DLL is outdated, and currently a source of problems on KSP >= 1.8
    • Deleting everything is the best line of action, use KSP-AVC instead.
  • The two FATALITIES (bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F and bluedog.CXA.APAS.P ) are about double patching.
    • It's a glitch on CX Aerospace  already handled last year. Boy, that one gave me a run for my money.
    • TL;DR : the patches for CX Aerospace were made when all the assets belonged to a single author, but then some assets were passed to third parties, and the way CX do its patches became not only obsolete, but also a source of problems as it started to apply patches to assets from unrelated add'ons because they were authored by a dude.

As far as I know, CX was not fixed (and probably never will - the licensing terms are terribly restrictive), so you will have to apply a HOTFIX. On the TweakScale zip file,  take this file:

Extras/TweakScale/HotFixes/CxAerospace--Bluedog_DB.cfg

And copy it to a place where you will surely remember it later. I recommend __LOCAL/TwealScale/Extras/HotFixes . This will prevent you to forget where in hell you shoved the stunt, and also prevent some manual or automated update to delete the patch - what could be damaging to your savegames.

Cheers! ( and Scale Safe! :D )

Thank you to both of you! Is my problem solved? no :D But as far as I understand if I ignore the errors at all there will be no any problem I guess :D So, I ignored the problems. Now, I'm all good :D Hope :D 

38 minutes ago, dragonflyGT said:

Thank you to both of you! Is my problem solved? no :D But as far as I understand if I ignore the errors at all there will be no any problem I guess :D So, I ignored the problems. Now, I'm all good :D Hope :D 

In your case, nope. This, unfortunately, is one of that nasty cases that can corrupt savegames if you uninstall CX Aerospace with living crafts using the affected parts. You risk getting your crafts, both on craft files but also living one on the savegame, to get some of the misbehavirous I described here:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34

Unfortunately,. you need to make a choice: delete CX Aerospace or apply the patch that it's already supplied on TweakScale's distribution zip.

(And since CX Aerospace cannot be fixed, I expect more problems in the future from it if any new add'on arises using assets from that same author...)

Edited by Lisias
better phrasing

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

In your case, nope. This, unfortunately, is one of that nasty cases that can corrupt savegames if you uninstall CX Aerospace with living crafts using the affected parts. You risk getting your crafts, both on craft files but also living one on the savegame, to get some of the misbehavirous I described here:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34

Unfortunately,. you need to make a choice: delete CX Aerospace or apply the patch that it's already supplied on TweakScale's distribution zip.

(And since CX Aerospace cannot be fixed, I expect more problems in the future from it if any new add'on arises using assets from that same author...)

And dear sir I prefer to delete CX Aerospace =) Thanks to god there isn't any on mission craft on my savegame. So, within this decision, I've made a great progress to save my KSP I guess? =) 

NOTAM

Due some pressuring issues on the country I live, KSP and TweakScale are on slow pace for the past week and probably for one more.

Things are under control for now, and me and some other people around here intent to work to keep things this way. Health is fine, no additional worries on this subject besides the usual one (that freaking tooth is starting to be annoying....)

I also work from home, so the current quarantine didn't changed things too much for me (other than overloading me with more duties to be carried on together my professional life), and all of this ended up consuming all the available time. However...

Support requests will be handled. We are still in business here - only the front-door is shut. I may took some time to answer, but I will answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note, I would like to invite you to give appreciation and, when possible, support to all the professionals of the Transport Industry on every country. Some of them are going through some bad moments - the Aviation Industry in special, but they are not the only ones.

I live not too far away from Congonhas Airport, I'm used to see planes going to land on the horizon from my window (I'm seeing the airport lights right now), and I never thought that I would miss the vision of airplanes going to land - there're fewer of them nowadays.

Edited by Lisias
Eliminating attrition with the moderation

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

Things are under control for now, and me and some other people around here intent to work to keep things this way. Health is fine, no additional worries on this subject besides the usual one (that fscking tooth is starting to be annoying....)

Take care of that tooth ASAP, before situation become worse and any non critical medial threatment become forbiden due to quarantine. Things are exacating quickly here and what you can consider as granted right now, tomorrow may be unreachable luxury.

I think I need help!  I'm currently running KSP 1.8 and I've been having this problem for a while now:  I am able to scale up parts by a full size up, but there's no slider to precisely adjust it.  Its just little white box thats hard to click sometimes.  I'm missing something?

Edited by KSPBDAfan

32 minutes ago, KSPBDAfan said:

I think I need help!  I'm currently running KSP 1.8 and I've been having this problem for a while now:  I am able to scale up parts by a full size up, but there's no slider to precisely adjust it.  Its just little white box thats hard to click sometimes.  I'm missing something?

Ouch. KSP 1.8.0 has a glitch that was fixed on 1.8.1 (something missing on the prefab for a thingy called UI_ScaleEdit - full details here).

Since KSP 1.8.1 came rapidly, with a lot of fixes (including this one), I never bothered to apply a patch on TS for it (I didn't even tried, besides having clues that this is feasible if really needed).

My best advise is to update to KSP 1.8.1 - unless 1.8.1 had borked on something really, really important to you.

@kcs123,

Spoiler

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Take care of that tooth ASAP, before situation become worse and any non critical medial threatment become forbiden due to quarantine. Things are exacating quickly here and what you can consider as granted right now, tomorrow may be unreachable luxury.

I know. However, my dentists (both of them) are on the risk group, and the COVID19's ground zero on São Paulo is essentially next block, so.. nope. I will not get near them until I have notice they were immunised, as I consider unavoidable I am (or will be soon) carrying this thing already.

It's a complicated treatment, not a mere cavity or even a root - so, currently, my best line of action is to keep that tooth clean and if the thing blows up, I will go to a hospital dentist on duty and simply get rid of it and call it a day. To tell you the true, I didn't did that yet because hospitals are currently on an urgency only regime (for obvious reasons), and this damned tooth is far from being an urgency right now.

Spoiler

rant of the day: OH, YEAH... Someone on the client marvellously borked on a simple, straightforward and precisely explained procedure while deploying a package today. Production is halted, it's raining pieces of paper right now over here. :/

Edited by Lisias
no need to put that on the clear

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

Ouch. KSP 1.8.0 has a glitch that was fixed on 1.8.1 (something missing on the prefab for a thingy called UI_ScaleEdit - full details here).

Since KSP 1.8.1 came rapidly, with a lot of fixes (including this one), I never bothered to apply a patch on TS for it (I didn't even tried, besides having clues that this is feasible if really needed).

My best advise is to update to KSP 1.8.1 - unless 1.8.1 had borked on something really, really important to you.

Yeah...  About upgrading to 1.8.1...

I'm not able to at the moment.  I would tell you why, but that's more of a personal thing for me