[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.5 - 2024-0213

Lisias

On 2/27/2019 at 10:45 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

OK - I continue to believe something is messed up within TweakScale, perhaps (or not) related to only certain parts that use TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIORs - on that front, I just can't be sure. However, I can replicate this problem reliably. Here's what I do:

This is the picture I'll be referring to - this is what CERTAIN parts look like every time. Can't be scaled (except down by one step, but values in either slider do not change):

LfHG0a7.png

1. KSP 1.6.1 with MH - GameData folder contains only MM 4.0.2, TweakScale 2.4.1.0, Squad, and SquadExpansion
  2. Start game, create new sandbox, go into editor, place any part, then place the 5m engine plate.
  3. Right click on engine plate to scale it - it appears as in above image.
  4. Just in case of MM screwiness (or something), delete all MM cache files, and also delete PartDatabse.cfg.
  5. Restart KSP, start new sandbox, do same thing in editor: problem remains.
  6. Restart KSP, start new sandbox without deleting anything, do same thing in editor, problem remains.

So something is going on here. I believe I have an idea what is happening.   Nope, I did not know what was happening, but looking at it again gives me a second theory - look at the second TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS in this TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR - it has name = TweakScale... that can't be right, can it?

The two TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIORs that have "name = TweakScale" in them (this one and the science one) are ones applied to parts that are borked for me...

All of that was wrong too. I have no idea what's going on, but it's borked even in a purely stock/TweakScale install, so something is messed up for sure. I tried.

[Snippity]

On another note, for purposes of safety and reducing duplication, I would suggest that EVERY patch in TweakScale be edited to use "%type =" and similar rather than "type = " when doing patches - just in case someone else has already defined a type for a part (etc.).

Also - some patches have superfluous definitions, e.g. the engine plate's TS patch defines incrementSlide and scaleFactors, but does not need to because those are already defined by its scaletype (unless some custom increments are being used which I didn't catch).

I am getting this exact same issue on 1.8.1 install with "lots" of mods. I am almost sure it is one of them, forgive me I am not a modder, maybe going back and touching a patch after Tweakscale has already withdrawn support for it? Anyhow, here are the logs to see if you can make sense of it.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10_BRBt0WkSo6MeT7uFRM9YwqkGwMQhhr?usp=sharing

Side note for clarity - I am getting the same issue but not the exact same part. It is the EP-12 and EP -18, I think those may be new parts from Missing History.

EP-12 is added via Missing History, EP-18 is stock, it is happening on both. I took the liberty of screenshotting the ALT F12 Screen with the offending error too, not sure if that helps. It is in the shared folder now as well.

Edited by theersink

8 minutes ago, theersink said:

I am getting this exact same issue on 1.8.1 install with "lots" of mods. I am almost sure it is one of them, forgive me I am not a modder, maybe going back and touching a patch after Tweakscale has already withdrawn support for it? Anyhow, here are the logs to see if you can make sense of it.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10_BRBt0WkSo6MeT7uFRM9YwqkGwMQhhr?usp=sharing

Well, a new case of Double Patching. :( 

Let's crack this nut:

[LOG 22:25:26.788] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 4053 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 0 Show Stoppers found; 69 Sanity Check failed; 1908 unscalable parts.

Well, no FATALities. That 69 Sanity Checks failing are already known issues being handled by withdrawing TweakScale from them - nothing can be done at the moment until I implement whatever that parts need to be implemented.

It's an annoyance, I agree - you can't scale that parts. However, there's no trace of Double Patching (that ones are FATALities, it would be listed).

However... I got a huge amount of Exceptions on your log, some of them borking TweakScale!

[LOG 22:30:40.970] [TweakScale] ERROR: Exception on rescale: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

There's also a huge loot of missing textures, something is pretty wrong on your instalment! If you use ReStock, you will probably need help from them in order to create WhiteLists for the textures these add'ons are trying to use and are not finding them.

Everything on the spoiler is unrelated to TwakScale. You need to get help from the Add'On maintainers, I can't help:

Spoiler

You have a unusual amount of ADDON BINDER errrors. You probably need to check all your dependencies:

[ERR 22:14:21.790] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.790] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.819] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ContractsWindow.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.819] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ContractsWindow.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.824] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.824] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.827] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.827] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.828] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.828] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.833] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.833] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.860] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KerbalEngineer.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.860] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KerbalEngineer.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.900] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: PreciseManeuver.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.900] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: PreciseManeuver.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.909] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.909] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.927] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BetterTracking.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.927] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BetterTracking.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.941] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Interstellar_Redist, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:21.941] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Interstellar_Redist, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:48.382] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:48.382] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:14:48.382] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers
[ERR 22:17:31.250] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TestFlightCore, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:17:31.250] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TestFlightCore, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:28:03.757] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:28:03.757] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 22:28:03.758] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers

And even SAVE is borking, your backups apparently are not working!

[ERR 22:25:51.679] S.A.V.E: uncaught exception in backup

ReStock have a lot of problems, by the way - this may explain all that errors about Textures:

[ERR 22:21:14.765] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'ReStock/Assets/Science/restock-sciencebox-radial' as model does not exist
[ERR 22:14:48.485] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/model.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.486] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere/model000.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.509] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConeA.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.509] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConeB.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.509] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConesDiffuse*.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.509] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConesHeat*.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.525] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v2/
[ERR 22:14:48.525] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper_v2/
[ERR 22:14:48.539] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/model.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/adapterTanks/Mk3Adapters.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT400/model.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800/model.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.540] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.541] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/fueltTanks_cm.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.542] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.dds
[ERR 22:14:48.543] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay.mu
[ERR 22:14:48.543] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Utility/rcsBlockRV-105/rcs.mu
[ERR 22:21:00.570] [aje.ramjet Restock.ModuleRestockDepthMask] Can't find transform turbojet_mask
[ERR 22:21:02.615] [JetEngine Restock.ModuleRestockDepthMask] Can't find transform basicjet_mask

I also found a lot of weird NotImplementedExceptions from KSP's guts!

[ERR 22:25:11.082] Error calling custom SetDifficultyPreset method in type [MissionControllerEC.MCE_IntergratedSettings2, Mission
[EXC 22:25:11.083] NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
        GameParameters+CustomParameterNode.SetDifficultyPreset (GameParameters+Preset preset) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad0116
        GameParameters.GetDefaultParameters (Game+Modes mode, GameParameters+Preset p) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        GameParameters:GetDefaultParameters(Modes, Preset)
        MainMenu:Start()

Scatterer, Janitor's Closet, Contract Configurator, all of them are getting NullReferencePointers too, It's scattered on the KSP.log.

Well, I'm sorry but this is too much. I can't help from here, too many problems (none of them related to TweakScale - I don't know where to start the diagnosis).

There's no other way out but to remove all the add'ons and bringing the back in chunks, checking what ones are the ones triggering this formidable sequence of Exceptions on your KSP.

Sorry. :(

8 hours ago, theersink said:

Eh, thanks for looking. I think I am done with KSP for awhile. I get my install right where it works and then an update comes and whacks everything. (Not yours mind you, KSP in general).

Sorry to hear that. IMHO CKAN needs, urgently, a rollback mechanism.

15 hours ago, theersink said:

Eh, thanks for looking. I think I am done with KSP for awhile. I get my install right where it works and then an update comes and whacks everything. (Not yours mind you, KSP in general).

I have a lot of mods too, and the only way I keep my sanity is to get KSP working like I like it then freeze the install. Turn off all updating from KSP and mods alike.

You can even do this on Steam. Just copy the install away from the Steam folders. You can still link the game to be opened from Steam if you want, although you will not gain any achievements and such anymore.

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.3.13 is available for downloading.

This new version have the following changes:

• Closes issue:
      • #110 Revert to Vehicle Assembly and Loading Craft are mangling the part attachments.

YES, the parts with variants are not being displaced anymore when loading the Craft into Editor. :)

I decided to give the lingering 2.4.3.x series yet a new minor release due the importance of this fix (the next 2.4.4.0 is not ready for production yet...).

Users of KSP 1.9.x MUST install the latest KSP-Recall.

Downloads on OP.

This release were made in a hurry, so I will postpone CurseForge and CKAN until tomorrow night - there's also a chance I had borked due fatigue, this last weekend wasn't a breeze. :)

Scale Safe!

POST EDIT.

This released was withdrawn due new problems detected - now I have parts attached into attach points being displaced too.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/110

Edited by Lisias
Withdrawn

NOTAM

TweakScale 2.5.0.12 Beta is available for testing on Issue #42. I think I finally nailed the problem from the KSP 1.9's Editor (as well realising yet more bugs on it... #sigh). Please note that you will need to install the latest KSP-Recall in order to use it on KSP 1.9.

It's also highly advised to use S.A.V.E. - but I would not use this on your "production" savegames yet. TweakScale 2.5 is getting stable, but there's a lot of changes that weren't proved on the field yet (and I need the 2.4.4 series to pave the way for the migration).

Again:

This can break your KSP, ruin your Windows, kill your pet, offend your mom and poison your kids. :sticktongue:

Don't use it on "production" savegames, only on disposable ones!

What I know to this moment follows:

• KSP is shoving back prefab data into living crafts on savegames (and on loading crafts on the Editor) since 1.6 or 1.7, and recently started to obliterate the resources customisations made by Modules.
    • You already know that, KSP Recall was born due it.
  • The novelty is that, somehow, surface attachments are, now, also affected - but not exactly as the Resources, and this is what caught me with my pants down (and what made me bork the 2.4.3.13 release, already withdrawn):
    • Parts with variants are getting surface attachments mangled on Editor, but parts without variants are not!
      • Attachments points apparently are being mangled too, but I did't did a full testing on the matter - proceed with caution
        • Attachment points with parts are also reset, but are preserved on classic parts.
        • Boy, what a mess... :P 
    • So I borked because I naively believed that the "one size would fits all", and didn't customised the scaling process to handle different rescaling measures (one for parts with variantes, other for parts without).
    • TweakScale needed to be heavily refactored in order to cope with this new situation. So the need to proper testing this thing first, before shoving the stunt into the Mainstream!
  • This, probably, could be also solved by using the GameEvents.onEditorVariantApplied, but since KSP still mangles with TweakScale business in other situations (including on Flight Scene), I would need to split the survivorship logic in two different places now - so I opted to keep the current Event handling for while until I fully refactor (and validade) the code.
    • Surviving different KSP Version's idiosyncrasies are taxing badly the codetree
    • And I'm firm on my commitment to keep TweakScale (core) compatible with every KSP still em use - expect TweakScale 2.5 to be useable down to KSP 1.2 (KSPe already does it, by the way) - so I will be able to backport every fix and enhancements to people that choose to stay playing older KSP versions.
  • The after math is that I'm still using Unity's Update callback to handle the "first Scale Back" event, needed to survive KSP manglings.

For some time I considered using KSP Recall to handle this situation, but since Scaling is the TweakScale's Core Business, and I don't intend to tie KSP Recall to TweakScale in any way (it must be a generic solution for everyone, not just for me), I rolled back any change on it.

Please let me know any side effect cause by this.

Please also note that there's a lot of glitches on KSP 1.9 Editor not related to TweakScale (or any other Add'On).

Edited by Lisias
Thinking in PT-BR and writing and EN is not the wisest way to communicate. :)

13 hours ago, Lisias said:

NOTAM

TweakScale 2.5.0.12 Beta is available for testing on Issue #42. I think I finally nailed the problem from the KSP 1.9's Editor (as well realising yet more bugs on it... #sigh). Please note that you will need to install the latest KSP-Recall in order to use it on KSP 1.9.

I downloaded the beta file to give it a whirl on my testing install of KSP, but it doesn't come packaged with 999_ScaleRedist.dll or any dlls inside the GameData/TweakScale folder - how do you actually test it out?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

2 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I downloaded the beta file to give it a whirl on my testing install of KSP, but it doesn't come packaged with 999_ScaleRedist.dll or any dlls inside the GameData/TweakScale folder - how do you actually test it out?

Are you sure? I just downloaded the ZIP from the #42 (using this link to be more specific).

And it's everything there...

a0X8Y66.png

Just now, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Hmm, I assumed I should grab it from the list of releases, here:

Publishing BETA versions on the GitHub's Release had bitten me in the SAS painfully in the past - even by marking the thing as Pre Release and warning about being not stable, some people installed it nevertheless on production KSP instalments and, boy... :confused:

(at that time, the :FOR thingy was playing havoc on most third parties' patches, the stunt did cost me some nights giving support.. :) )

So I came to this stunt on Issue #42, where I must direct people to there when appropriated - did you noted that the link is buried on the bottom of a long and scaring text? :sticktongue:

13 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Publishing BETA versions on the GitHub's Release had bitten me in the SAS painfully in the past - even by marking the thing as Pre Release and warning about being not stable, some people installed it nevertheless on production KSP instalments and, boy... :confused:

(at that time, the :FOR thingy was playing havoc on most third parties' patches, the stunt did cost me some nights giving support.. :) )

So I came to this stunt on Issue #42, where I must direct people to there when appropriated - did you noted that the link is buried on the bottom of a long and scaring text? :sticktongue:

Did not notice :)

I do have some small feedback about the beta - plumes are not scaled correctly (down or up), and sometimes it seems like plumes are scaled in the opposite direction of the part - for instance, in this screenshot, I *think* the white fluffly plume is much larger than when the part is normal scale. It's from the Snazzy pointed side tank (separation motors), which is scaled down to 0.3m in the screenshot, normally 1.25m.

On the other hand, the specific parts i tried (mastodon, kodiak thing, the snazzy tank) did not move around when reverting... so there's that

eG7101y.png

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

52 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I do have some small feedback about the beta - plumes are not scaled correctly (down or up), and sometimes it seems like plumes are scaled in the opposite direction of the part 

This is already happening since Kraken knows when - my testing had demonstrated this problem is happening since KSP 1.3, I think (didn't tested beyond that), including with TweakScale versions of that time. Something is missing on some scaler apparently, and this is scheduled to be fixed (or at least researched) when time allows (right now, I need to tackle down KSP 1.9.1 before July, when a probable new Version will be released with a new DLC).

52 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

On the other hand, the specific parts i tried (mastodon, kodiak thing, the snazzy tank) did not move around when reverting... so there's that

Yep, I had this behaviour documented here.

Edited by Lisias
I need more sleep. :)

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.3.14 is available for downloading.

This new version have the following changes:

• Issues Fixed: - #110 Revert to Vehicle Assembly and Loading Craft are mangling the part attachments.

See OP for the links.

Highlights

KSP 1.9.x Support

VAB/SPH Editor

KSP 1.9.x Editor introduced a glitch that was rendering parts with ModulePartVariant displaced on loading. Crafts being instantiated on LaunchPad/Runway (as also living craft on the Universe) are not affected.

This is what I know until this moment:

• KSP is shoving back prefab data into living crafts on savegames (and on loading crafts on the Editor) since 1.6 or 1.7, and recently started to obliterate the resources customisations made by Modules.
    • You already know that, KSP Recall was born due it.
  • The novelty is that, somehow, surface attachments are, now, also affected - but not exactly as the Resources, and this is what caught me with my pants down (and what made me bork the 2.4.3.13 release, already withdrawn):
    • Parts with variants are getting surface attachments mangled on Editor, but parts without variants are not!
      • Attachments points apparently are being mangled too, but I did't did a full testing on the matter - proceed with caution
        • Attachment points with parts are also reset, but are preserved on classic parts.
        • Boy, what a mess... :P 
  • This, probably, could be also solved by using the GameEvents.onEditorVariantApplied, but since KSP still mangles with TweakScale business in other situations (including on Flight Scene), I would need to split the survivorship logic in two different places now - so I opted to keep the current Event handling for while until I fully refactor (and validade) the code.
    • Surviving different KSP Version's idiosyncrasies are taxing badly the codetree
    • And I'm firm on my commitment to keep TweakScale (core) compatible with every KSP still em use - expect TweakScale 2.5 to be useable down to KSP 1.2 (KSPe already does it, by the way) - so I will be able to backport every fix and enhancements to people that choose to stay playing older KSP versions.
  • The after math is that I'm still using Unity's Update callback to handle the first Scale Back event, needed to survive KSP manglings. For some time I considered using KSP Recall to handle this situation, but since Scaling is the TweakScale's Core Business, and I don't intend to tie KSP Recall to TweakScale in any way (it must be a generic solution for everyone, not just for me), I rolled back any change on it.

Please also note that there's a lot of glitches on KSP 1.9 Editor not related to TweakScale (or any other Add'On).

Drain Valve

The FTE-1 Drain Valve is being scaled, however not properly. Mass and size scales fine, but the drain rate is not. See Issue #102 for details.

Resources

KSP 1.9.x is known to replace any Resource customisation made by custom modules with default definitions from the prefab.

This affects many Add'Ons, being TweakScale only one of them. So a new Add'On called KSP Recall was created to specifically handle KSP issues that would affect everybody.

Users of KSP 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 are urged to install KSP Recall. Future KSP releases may or may not fix the glitches KSP Recallaims to workaround - but until there, you need KSP Recall to use TweakScale on KSP 1.9.x . 

Misc

Keep an eye on the Known Issues file.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Right now.

The reasoning is to gradually distribute the Release to easily monitor the deployment and cope with eventual mishaps.

Edited by Lisias
Pblished on CurseForge and Spacedock

I've encountered 16 of those FATAL Tweakscale errors- all of them related to NearFutureSolar.
The main issue is that when I was attempting to load my save file after updating to KSP 1.9.1, I was warned that one of my active vessels was missing a part- a solar panel from NFSolar.  After looking into it, I found this issue on the Github page for NFSolar, and by following those directions, I solved my problem... but I created a new one.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

KSP.log
Extra deets: Using TweakScale 2.4.3.14, KSP 1.9.1 64-bit, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

[LOG 13:36:00.145] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-blanket-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-blanket-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.145] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-blanket-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-blanket-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-blanket-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-blanket-2_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-blanket-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-blanket-2_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-curved-25-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-curved-25-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-curved-25-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-curved-25-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-curved-375-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-curved-375-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-curved-375-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-curved-375-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.146] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-curved-deploying-25-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-curved-deploying-25-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-curved-deploying-25-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-curved-deploying-25-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-1x3-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x3-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-1x3-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x3-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-1x4-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x4-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-1x4-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x4-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-1x4-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x4-2_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-1x4-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x4-2_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-1x5-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x5-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.147] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-1x5-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x5-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-1x5-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x5-2_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-1x5-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-1x5-2_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-2x1-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-2x1-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-2x1-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-2x1-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-2x1-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-2x1-2_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-2x1-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-2x1-2_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.148] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-2x3-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-2x3-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-2x3-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-2x3-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-deploying-circular-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-circular-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-deploying-circular-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-deploying-circular-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-static-truss-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-static-truss-1_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-static-truss-1 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-static-truss-1_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-static-truss-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-static-truss-2_title).
[LOG 13:36:00.149] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-static-truss-2 (#LOC_NFSolar_solarpanel-static-truss-2_title) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Edited by psychonaut25

5 hours ago, psychonaut25 said:

I've encountered 16 of those FATAL Tweakscale errors- all of them related to NearFutureSolar.
The main issue is that when I was attempting to load my save file after updating to KSP 1.9.1, I was warned that one of my active vessels was missing a part- a solar panel from NFSolar.  After looking into it, I found this issue on the Github page for NFSolar, and by following those directions, I solved my problem... but I created a new one.

Hi! Got it:

[LOG 13:36:00.423] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 2571 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 16 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 779 unscalable parts.

16 FATALities, all from NFS.. Humm.. I think I now what happened...

[LOG 13:17:46.227] Applying update TweakScale/patches/NF/NFS_TweakScale/@PART[solarpanel-blanket-1] to NearFutureSolar/Parts/Deprecated/solarpanel-blanket/solarpanel-blanket-1.cfg/PART[solarpanel-blanket-1]
[LOG 13:18:06.053] Applying update TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/NF/NFS_TweakScale/@PART[solarpanel-blanket-1]:FOR[TweakScale] to NearFutureSolar/Parts/Deprecated/solarpanel-blanket/solarpanel-blanket-1.cfg/PART[solarpanel-blanket-1]

You forgot to completely delete older TweakScale before applying the new one. And since the second patching was using :FOR , I'm presuming you did give TweakScale Beta a try. :) 

My best advice when installing TweakScale new versions is to always delete all the previous contents before applying the new version. TweakScale does not (and never will) store any significative personal settings on GameData, you can (and should) delete everything on GameData/TweakScale when updating. 

Corollary: never do it yourself neither: if you want to add your own personal patches on TweakScale, the best place to do it is on GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/your-patches/ so you don't risk loosing them on a update (it can be any directory you like, but using __LOCAL make it a pattern and will help a lot on diagnosing problems later, believe me!), not to mention making it easy to do backups as all your customisations will be on the same place! ;) 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

You forgot to completely delete older TweakScale before applying the new one. And since the second patching was using :FOR , I'm presuming you did give TweakScale Beta a try. :) 

My best advice when installing TweakScale new versions is to always delete all the previous contents before applying the new version. TweakScale does not (and never will) store any significative personal settings on GameData, you can (and should) delete everything on GameData/TweakScale when updating. 

Corollary: never do it yourself neither: if you want to add your own personal patches on TweakScale, the best place to do it is on GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/your-patches/ so you don't risk loosing them on a update (it can be any directory you like, but using __LOCAL make it a pattern and will help a lot on diagnosing problems later, believe me!), not to mention making it easy to do backups as all your customisations will be on the same place! ;) 

Cheers!

I did delete GameData/TweakScale before updating, as I read on issue 34 on the TweakScale Github page... subsequently I even deleted the contents of GameData/__Local and 999_Scale_Redist.dll as well, and replaced them with copies from the latest stable release.

Tried again, to no avail.  Also no, I did not try the beta... should I?

One other thing I did notice, though, is that I'm using ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll, even though the latest stable TweakScale release contains ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll.  Should I be using ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll?

Edit: I tried adding ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll in addition to ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll in the GameData folder, and now B9 Part Switch is giving me strong warnings (and I still got the same 16 FATAL issues from TweakScale), so it looks like that's not a particularly viable approach.

Edited by psychonaut25

1 hour ago, psychonaut25 said:

I did delete GameData/TweakScale before updating, as I read on issue 34 on the TweakScale Github page... subsequently I even deleted the contents of GameData/__Local and 999_Scale_Redist.dll as well, and replaced them with copies from the latest stable release.

Tried again, to no avail.  Also no, I did not try the beta... should I?

My friend, I own you an apology. I managed to bork the NFS patches on TweakScale, I screwed up a merge somehow and didn't noticed - an old CFG file resurrected from the deepest tombs of the GIT history and I didn't noticed.

I will release yet a new release for 2.4.3.x series with this fixed (and after double eye ball everything just in case).

Until there, delete the following file:

GameData/TweakScale/patches/NF/NFS_TweakScale.cfg

It should not be there.

One other thing I did notice, though, is that I'm using ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll, even though the latest stable TweakScale release contains ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll.  Should I be using ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll?

Edit: I tried adding ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll in addition to ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll in the GameData folder, and now B9 Part Switch is giving me strong warnings (and I still got the same 16 FATAL issues from TweakScale), so it looks like that's not a particularly viable approach.

The ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll is still being distributed because is the less old ModuleManager that works everywhere (i.e., on every KSP version TweakScale supports). If I distribute the latest MM 4, I would break a few of TweakScale users, and if I do not distribute MM at all, some would complain because they are used to just unpack the zip into GameData and call it a day.

Since multiple MMs when installed negotiate between themselves who will be in charge (i.e., the older ones shutdown and only the most updated do the work), it's safer for me to distribute 3.1.1 as anyone just unzipping everything on a more current GameData (with MM4) would not be breaking anything, where if I distribute the latest MM4 and the user is playing on 1.7 or even 1.4, it would break things.

The 16 FATALities is due bad patching (and, shame on me, I was the toe stomper this time! Again, my apologies!).

I fail to understand why B9PSW is complaining about 3.1.1, since MM4 overrules it - essentially, it's as MM3 is not there. However, the author must have a reason for that, and if you want to get support for B9PWS, you should do what he says - he would not accept support requests otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Lisias said:

My friend, I own you an apology. I managed to bork the NFS patches on TweakScale, I screwed up a merge somehow and didn't noticed - an old CFG file resurrected from the deepest tombs of the GIT history and I didn't noticed.

I will release yet a new release for 2.4.3.x series with this fixed (and after double eye ball everything just in case).

Until there, delete the following file:

GameData/TweakScale/patches/NF/NFS_TweakScale.cfg

It should not be there.

Ah, success!  Many thanks!  I really appreciate you taking the time to work so hard on this ^_^

NOTAM

I just updated KSP Recall to 0.0.3.1 .

I highly recommend installing it on KSP 1.9.x, as now it also fixes a glitch on the Editor when cloning parts with the amount of a Resource changed! :)

(TweakScale not needed to use the fix, KSP Recall is a stand alone tool)

Hello, please help me disable this warning. It appears every time the game opens and it's really really annoying.

unknown.png

I don't care that there are parts that can't be scaled, it's not my problem. How can I prevent the warning from appearing every time the game launches?

For completeness' sake, here are the Making History parts that cause the warning.

[LOG 15:44:07.707] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate).
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate).
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate).
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate).
[LOG 15:44:07.708] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.720] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube).
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube).
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Cost - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube).
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube).
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube).
[LOG 15:44:07.721] [TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0
[LOG 15:44:07.722] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 573 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 0 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 215 unscalable parts.
[LOG 15:44:08.452] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: part PotatoRoid is noted as unreasearchable and will not be visible
[ERR 15:44:08.464] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: subcategory name duplicated: Prop Engines

Edited by OrchidAlloy

4 hours ago, OrchidAlloy said:

Hello, please help me disable this warning. It appears every time the game opens and it's really really annoying.

<CUT by Lisias>

Well, just to mark the support, this was answered on the GitHub issue #13. (so I don't try to answer it again in a few days :sticktongue:).

Spoiler

Note to myself: new kid on the forum, Moderators had to approve his post - so the delay between the postage and it being showed.

(I'm a bit jumpy lately, I live on São Paulo! :P

I been thumbing through this for a bit, but I haven't seen anything directly related to my issue. There's a LOT of pages.

But, I noticed about a year ago (or so) when I played last, that there were some issues during assembly.

I would get the game freezing when moving parts, loading vessels, things like that. Took me a while to realize that after I took out parts I resized that things cleared up.

Fast forward to yesterday, making a craft where I resized a couple of parts, I got the familiar game freeze again. I took out the parts and had no more issues.

Is there something I've missed in my browsing of the forums?

1 hour ago, Paadwyn said:

I been thumbing through this for a bit, but I haven't seen anything directly related to my issue. There's a LOT of pages.

Yep. People is used to ask for help here, not only on TweakScale but sometimes to not directly related issues. And they get help most of the time. ;)

But, I noticed about a year ago (or so) when I played last, that there were some issues during assembly.

I would get the game freezing when moving parts, loading vessels, things like that. Took me a while to realize that after I took out parts I resized that things cleared up.

Fast forward to yesterday, making a craft where I resized a couple of parts, I got the familiar game freeze again. I took out the parts and had no more issues.

I have this behaviour when Add'Ons throws exceptions on the Start, Load or Copy KSP handlers.

Is there something I've missed in my browsing of the forums?

Yes. To publish the KSP.log (and the Player.log) so people can help you diagnosing the problem. ;)

Haha...thanks, that made me chuckle :)

I knew that was coming, just wanted to know if it was something that was previously observed and if there was a quick "Remove this addon, it's known to cause problems".

I will have to get this log the next time I run into the issue.

Until then, I will give a summarized list of mods, in case you notice one that's obvious.

I run the Global Construction from allista, Interplanetary mods, Pretty much all RoverDude's stuff, USI and all that jazz. Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. A few others that I don't think would cause issues, but maybe.

But I will try to get that KSP.log the next time I'm gonna run into it.