[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

4 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Your should remove it.  If you get any warnings or complaints about Module[Resourceful], they can be safely disregarded.

On a side note, KSP-Recall kill itself when not needed, so no harm is done if you forget it there.

BUT

Why waste memory and CPU cycles? :) 

@Lisias I made a giant refinery that costs :funds:20M and produces :funds:1M per HOUR with an L1 engineer. :lol: 

The thermal system seems too small to maintain optimal temperatures. I think the 20m converter and all the 400% drills should overheat and efficiency should drop with only the 2 normal size cooling systems. I know this is extreme, but maybe extreme tests make things more obvious. It's on KerbalX:

https://kerbalx.com/Krazy1/Refinery

Note it takes about 15 minutes for everything to warm up and stabilize.

1 minute ago, Krazy1 said:

@Lisias I made a giant refinery that costs :funds:20M and produces :funds:1M per HOUR with an L1 engineer. :lol: 

The thermal system seems too small to maintain optimal temperatures. I think the 20m converter and all the 400% drills should overheat and efficiency should drop with only the 2 normal size cooling systems. I know this is extreme, but maybe extreme tests make things more obvious. It's on KerbalX:

That's just wrong.

5 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

The heat exchange is not scaling properly, there's something missing somewhere and I didn't managed to have the time to find it. The problem is that this exponent is not doing what it's expected to do - or perhaps, I'm misunderstood what it's expected to do and so I'm failing to tinker with it. :)

5 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

That's just wrong.

There's no wrongdoing on a personal gaming. KSP is not a competitive game, there's no cheating, there's no wrong way of playing it.

There's TechTree support on TweakScale for people wanting to give it a try, by the way - I just can't do it on Vanilla TweakScale because it will ruin any previously running savegame.

I agree that TweakScale can spoil terribly an career game, but on the other hand, it can make it more interesting too:

HXiZ0b2W7YRa0mJ9bg9wq2EcuqaEpTzC0O6Taq9f

As trying to go Virgin Galactic with WW2 technology. It's up to the users to decide how they will use the tools I made available for them.

Not to mention a myriad of interesting things waiting for being unlocked on KSP:

0001.jpg

Spoiler

Inspired on this:

08.jpg

Edited by Lisias
Tyops! Surprised?

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

Sometimes I find my English skills.... Insufficient. :mellow:

Ahh English. The language that takes other languages into a dark alley and beats words out of them.

Abuse of TweakScale is so wrong, and yet so right. It's great.:D

16 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I find you lack of ecological caring... disturbing. :P

31_Refinary-Redux.jpg

I think it needs more heat dissipators thou. Curiously, if I turn off the gigantors, the Electricy Charge is not sustainable anymore after returning them on, and I need to turn the generators on too.

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

31_Refinary-Redux.jpg

I think it needs more heat dissipators thou. Curiously, if I turn off the gigantors, the Electricy Charge is not sustainable anymore after returning them on, and I need to turn the generators on too.

More wrongness :kiss:

21 hours ago, Lisias said:

LOL For those following, @Lisias added all the solar panels. Now this thing is "ecological" ? :D

On 7/31/2020 at 1:23 AM, Lisias said:

The heat exchange is not scaling properly, there's something missing somewhere and I didn't managed to have the time to find it. The problem is that this exponent is not doing what it's expected to do - or perhaps, I'm misunderstood what it's expected to do and so I'm failing to tinker with it. :)

OK, sorry I keep opening old battle wounds. 

12 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

More wrongness :kiss:

Perhaps we should be ashamed of this abuse of power... perhaps. 

2 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Be both ashamed and proud, like your cat that knocked something over.

Know you did wrong, dare people to have a problem with it.

Spoiler

9Hf8Yst.png

:D

(don't tell anyone, that's procedural parts not tweakscale, but it's the spirit of the thing)

On 8/1/2020 at 3:35 PM, Krazy1 said:

LOL For those following, @Lisias added all the solar panels. Now this thing is "ecological" ? :D

Well, the stunt works around here: replace the generator with solar panels, call the "ecological card" on the advertisings and sell the generator later as a "backup option". :D

OK, sorry I keep opening old battle wounds. 

That battle is not over yet, the wound never closed. :P What will happen is that I will need to close inspect (a.k.a. reverse engineer it - but tell no one!) some modules in order to really understand how they works (as nowadays, I only know what they do).

Well, one problem at time. :)

It would be a shame not to use such power! Embrace your darkness, there's a whole Kerbal System under your rule!!! :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
brute force post merge

Announce.

I found a pretty embarrassing mishap on TweakScale, and issued a new final release :sticktongue: for TweakScale 2.4.3.x series with that fixed.

Downloads on the OP.

TL;DR:

Spoiler

when I realised that terrible situation about the failure on disabling TweakScale that started to happen on KSP 1.8 and newer (see issue 125 for a full history), I rushed a gambiarra :P into production to prevent (more) breakage on the field (that stunt was coded for a reason, and that reason are still valid nowadays).

But when I fixed the deactivation, I forgot about the gambiarra and it ended up triggering some false alarms on legit use cases from third parties, and this played havoc on the diagnosing process on supporting people with real issues.

This release fixes the "last line of defense" to only act only when really needed, instead of getting on the way for nothing.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:13 AM, Krazy1 said:

Hey - I got lucky! I removed Configurable Containers and it worked! I rebuilt your test and got 15,100. Of course it would be nice if they both worked.

Hi, I just realised that recently Configurable Containers had implemented (or fixed) TweakScale support, and remembered you. Do you want to give it a try?

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi, I just realised that recently Configurable Containers had implemented (or fixed) TweakScale support, and remembered you. Do you want to give it a try?

Cheers!

I tried it. First, SimpleFuelSwitch does not work with Configurable Containers... I'm not surprised. 48 errors when loading. Without SFS. everything looks good! No more exponential cost growth

I tried it. First, SimpleFuelSwitch does not work with Configurable Containers... I'm not surprised. 48 errors when loading.

Not surprising at all, we can't have more than one fuel switch on the same part, and CC is essentially a fuel switch with steroids. 

However, with all that SAS bashing fest I got in the last months, I ended up with a pretty decent knowledge about how patching works, and how to "undo" some patching. I'm toying with this concept because I like MFT a lot, but can't have it when B9PS is installed (and some really nice add'ons use this), and I'm working on a TweakScale Companion for MFT that will allow coexistance by removing B9PS from the parts I want MFT instead - but the concept can be easily extended to anything else.

The worst part is about a configuration mechanism - everything I came with ended up cumbersome to use.

If you have any ideas, I'm hearing.

Obs: MM can't help here - it understands config nodes, not modules. The solution I tinkering is semantically one step above what MM knows about.

B9PS does a lot more than fuel switching, it's not only removing the whole B9PS section - it's a complex transformation rule.

Without SFS. everything looks good! No more exponential cost growth

Great! :)

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

Great! :)

Hold on... Houston... So on existing tweaked models, the tank fuel quantities are all getting reset to default. A C7 adapter at 5m size can only hold 800u LFO. If I tweak it down from 5m to 2.5m (stock) then it's only 100u LFO max. 

New parts/ models seem to work OK. 5m C7 adapter is 6400u LFO. Saving/ loading new models is OK. But existing tweaked models prior to installing CC are getting borked... but of course I installed a few other mods today so I can't be sure. I did not uninstall/ reinstall TweakScale. I'll play with it more tomorrow. 

Also the struts are still getting moved on one end. It's not from reverting though, it has to do with move or offset I think. I'll try to get a repeatable case.

Edited by Krazy1
clarify