[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Version: KSP V1.9.1.2788  (macOS 64-bit) Fresh install

Problem: 2 Showstopper errors involving mod parts

Mods installed: AP+, BDAc, PRE, Firespitter, KSP Recall, Neist Airliner Parts w/TMasteron TS patches

Detail: Conflict with S2 Structural Fuselage (AP+) and AWACS radar (BDAc), both resulting in showstopper errors

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nrHHLR2yPuVxqrg3icspvHs29dwzj_kx/view?usp=sharing (Errors near the end of log)

Edited by Destroyer_Harekaze
Indicated location of errors in log

23 minutes ago, Destroyer_Harekaze said:

Version: KSP V1.9.1.2788  (macOS 64-bit) Fresh install

Problem: 2 Showstopper errors involving mod parts

Mods installed: AP+, BDAc, PRE, Firespitter, KSP Recall, Neist Airliner Parts w/TMasteron TS patches

Detail: Conflict with S2 Structural Fuselage (AP+) and AWACS radar (BDAc), both resulting in showstopper errors

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nrHHLR2yPuVxqrg3icspvHs29dwzj_kx/view?usp=sharing (Errors near the end of log)

Got it.

[LOG 17:23:01.502] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part S2Structural (Structural Fuselage S2) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 17:23:01.505] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part awacsRadar (AWACS Detection Radar) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Well, it's our old friend again, TMasteson5TweakScalePatches:

[LOG 17:21:04.135] Applying update TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/AirplanesPlusTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch/@PART[S2Structural] to AirplanePlus/Parts/Structure and Fuel/size2structural/part.cfg/PART[S2Structural]
[LOG 17:21:04.144] Applying update TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/AirplanesPlusTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch/@PART[S2Structural] to AirplanePlus/Parts/Structure and Fuel/size2structural/part.cfg/PART[S2Structural]

&

[LOG 17:21:04.025] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_TweakScale/@PART[awacsRadar] to BDArmory/Parts/awacsRadar/awacsRadar.cfg/PART[awacsRadar]
[LOG 17:21:04.187] Applying update TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/BDArmoryTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch/@PART[awacsRadar] to BDArmory/Parts/awacsRadar/awacsRadar.cfg/PART[awacsRadar]

Remove TMasterson5TweakScalePatches from your installment. They are terribly outdated, and didn't aged very well. The licensing terms are also terribly restrictive, so it's not possible to fix it neither.

The Awacs are already being patched by BDArmory, and the AirplanePlus parts are carefully patched by TweakScale Companion for AirplanePlus. By carefully patched, I mean I inspected every AirplanePlus part before patching it. ;)

19 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Got it.

[LOG 17:23:01.502] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part S2Structural (Structural Fuselage S2) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 17:23:01.505] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part awacsRadar (AWACS Detection Radar) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

Well, it's our old friend again, TMasteson5TweakScalePatches:

[LOG 17:21:04.135] Applying update TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/AirplanesPlusTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch/@PART[S2Structural] to AirplanePlus/Parts/Structure and Fuel/size2structural/part.cfg/PART[S2Structural]
[LOG 17:21:04.144] Applying update TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/AirplanesPlusTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch/@PART[S2Structural] to AirplanePlus/Parts/Structure and Fuel/size2structural/part.cfg/PART[S2Structural]

&

[LOG 17:21:04.025] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_TweakScale/@PART[awacsRadar] to BDArmory/Parts/awacsRadar/awacsRadar.cfg/PART[awacsRadar]
[LOG 17:21:04.187] Applying update TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/BDArmoryTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch/@PART[awacsRadar] to BDArmory/Parts/awacsRadar/awacsRadar.cfg/PART[awacsRadar]

Remove TMasterson5TweakScalePatches from your installment. They are terribly outdated, and didn't aged very well. The licensing terms are also terribly restrictive, so it's not possible to fix it neither.

The Awacs are already being patched by BDArmory, and the AirplanePlus parts are carefully patched by TweakScale Companion for AirplanePlus. By carefully patched, I mean I inspected every AirplanePlus part before patching it. ;)

Thanks for the help!

c119ae3221ae68a6ba1186685c28c701.png

So, I got this error message when trying to start up KSP, which is strange because I was able to start up and play once before this with no hassle.  I'm using your Beta @Lisias, since it's the one that was suggested it works for 1.10.1.  I initially had an issue with NMB, but that was resolved (or should be) by deleting one cockpit Prop from the mod.  This happens less than 15 seconds after startup, and I'm no master when it comes to dissecting log files.  Hopefully you can help me!

https://pastebin.com/xTMmX3Sd

Logfile is linked above. =)

26 minutes ago, Ryugi said:

c119ae3221ae68a6ba1186685c28c701.png

So, I got this error message when trying to start up KSP, which is strange because I was able to start up and play once before this with no hassle.  I'm using your Beta @Lisias, since it's the one that was suggested it works for 1.10.1.  I initially had an issue with NMB, but that was resolved (or should be) by deleting one cockpit Prop from the mod.  This happens less than 15 seconds after startup, and I'm no master when it comes to dissecting log files.  Hopefully you can help me!

I'm an idiot. Sorry.  :blush: [More forgetful than idiot on this case, but the concepts are not mutually exclusive! :P )

This file is used to configure some niceties on a Add'On by Add'On basis (i.e., you can configure TweakScale to be full ubber verbose on logging, but all the others could be shut up to only warnings - this is interesting for debugging things you know is happening only on one of them), but I forgot to tell the code this thing is optional (as reasonable defaults exists on the code).

Copy this file from github into <KSP_ROOT>/PluginData to workaround this problem, I'm fixing KSPe to survive the absence of this file.

About the NMB prop, can you please pinpoint me to where to download it and that are the prop? I need to assess this situation, you may have found something in order to be fixed!

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

Don't bother copying the file. I made things right on the code, I just forgot to remove the Error log, as it should be an warning only.

Just ignore the error message for now. A proper one is being compiled now and I will issue a new release is being issue in the next hour.

Edited by Lisias
post edit.

10 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I'm an idiot. Sorry.  :blush: [More forgetful than idiot on this case, but the concepts are not mutually exclusive! :P )

This file is used to configure some niceties on a Add'On by Add'On basis (i.e., you can configure TweakScale to be full ubber verbose on logging, but all the others could be shut up to only warnings - this is interesting for debugging things you know is happening only on one of them), but I forgot to tell the code this thing is optional (as reasonable defaults exists on the code).

Copy this file from github into <KSP_ROOT>/PluginData to workaround this problem, I'm fixing KSPe to survive the absence of this file.

About the NMB prop, can you please pinpoint me to where to download it and that are the prop? I need to assess this situation, you may have found something in order to be fixed!

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

Don't bother copying the file. I made things right on the code, I just forgot to remove the Error log, as it should be an warning only.

Just ignore the error message for now. A proper one is being compiled now and I will issue a new release is being issue in the next hour.

I'll hold off on playing then until the fixed edit/release is available.  Not that I have a choice since my game crashes during loading, but still.  It pays to be patient.

As far as NMB, it's HUD5, and they think it's something to do with the fact the model is using Chinese text references or something?  As far as I know, it isn't something Tweakscale related, though I DID add Tweakscale modules into some of the NMB parts of my own volition (tasty Flanker intakes and the 3 engines specifically), though I'm fairly certain the mod author added them into the most recent release.  I could be wrong, though.

You should be able to find the release there if you're interested, though, again, I don't think it's related to Tweakscale, but rather their lack of action on keeping things updated.  It's a shame, since NMB has some of the best parts I've seen for aircraft-building.

11 hours ago, Ryugi said:

I'll hold off on playing then until the fixed edit/release is available.  Not that I have a choice since my game crashes during loading, but still.  It pays to be patient.

Wow. The crash is not related to this for sure. The code detects the problem and use defaults instead, no harm is done.

You have something else borking on you. I will check the KSP.log now.

11 hours ago, Ryugi said:

@Lisias This happens less than 15 seconds after startup, and I'm no master when it comes to dissecting log files.  Hopefully you can help me!

The Log was truncated and it's useless. Pastebin does this kind of stunt, unfortunately.

Please upload it on DropBox, GoogleDrive or something that allows big files to be shared.

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

Just for records, about the HUD5 from NMB.

Yeah, it's crashing KSP 1.10.

BUT - It was not crashing KSP < 1.8.0 . I tried it on 1.4.4 and on 1.7.3, with no problems other that a Exception on loading it:

Spoiler

[LOG 05:21:43.312] Load(Model): NMB/Props/HUD5/model
[LOG 05:21:43.358] 4, , 5., UnityEngine.AnimationCurve
[ERR 05:21:43.359] File error:
(null)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AnimationClip:SetCurve (string,System.Type,string,UnityEngine.AnimationCurve)
  at PartReader.ReadAnimation (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

That said, I can't say it's a problem on KSP >= 1.8. It looks more like a bug on Unity 2019, due this crash dump:

Spoiler

Crashed Thread:        0  tid_307  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
VM Regions Near 0:
--> 
    __TEXT                 0000000100d1c000-0000000100d1d000 [    4K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Volumes/VOLUME/*/KSP.app/Contents/MacOS/KSP
Application Specific Information:
abort() called
Thread 0 Crashed:: tid_307  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff749792c2 __pthread_kill + 10
1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff74a34bf1 pthread_kill + 284
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff748e36a6 abort + 127
3   UnityPlayer.dylib             	0x0000000101a459a2 0x1011f4000 + 8722850
4   libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x000000010899d9cd mono_chain_signal + 79
5   libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x000000010899dd10 sigabrt_signal_handler + 86
6   libsystem_platform.dylib      	0x00007fff74a29b5d _sigtramp + 29
7   libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x0000000108afce43 0x108863000 + 2727491
8   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff748e36a6 abort + 127
9   libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x0000000108a95ad2 mono_log_write_logfile + 346
10  libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x0000000108aa9adc monoeg_g_logv + 83
11  libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x0000000108aa9c81 monoeg_assertion_message + 143
12  libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x00000001089c71ea mono_class_init + 2062
13  libmonobdwgc-2.0.dylib        	0x00000001089d16ea mono_class_is_subclass_of + 23
14  UnityPlayer.dylib             	0x0000000101a618a2 0x1011f4000 + 8837282
15  UnityPlayer.dylib             	0x0000000101a5dc75 0x1011f4000 + 8821877
16  UnityPlayer.dylib             	0x0000000101296400 0x1011f4000 + 664576
17  UnityPlayer.dylib             	0x000000010150ada3 0x1011f4000 + 3239331
18  ???                           	0x00000001743aa1a5 0 + 6244966821

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

18 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Wow. The crash is not related to this for sure. The code detects the problem and use defaults instead, no harm is done.

You have something else borking on you. I will check the KSP.log now.

The Log was truncated and it's useless. Pastebin does this kind of stunt, unfortunately.

Please upload it on DropBox, GoogleDrive or something that allows big files to be shared.

That's actually all I have in my logfile.  It crashes that soon after startup...

It's looking like I'm going to have to do that super fun thing where I take out mods one by one until I find the culprit.  But it makes me feel better that it's likely not Tweakscale causing the problem. 

I would hate to have to function without it.

On the bright side, I'm glad I could offer some help in pointing you to an issue for the next Beta release, even if it's probably not the cause of my problem.

Edited by Ryugi
Adding thanks

15 minutes ago, Ryugi said:

That's actually all I have in my logfile.  It crashes that soon after startup...

Wow. :o

Publish the Player.log instead. The OP has instructions about where to get it.

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

Nah... I think I found a suspect. :P

On the very last line of the log, I found:

[ERR 13:16:56.438] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MiniAVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Since 1.8.0, when KSP changed something on a thingy called AssemblyResolver, MiniAVC is getting a lot of heat because it cannot negotiate anymore the best or newer DLL to be used. There's no other fix but to install ZeroMiniAVC.

Try this before anything else!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

23 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Nah... I think I found a suspect. :P

On the very last line of the log, I found:

[ERR 13:16:56.438] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MiniAVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Since 1.8.0, when KSP changed something on a thingy called AssemblyResolver, MiniAVC is getting a lot of heat because it cannot negotiate anymore the best or newer DLL to be used. There's no other fix but to install ZeroMiniAVC.

Try this before anything else!

Downloaded.  The game is currently loading, which is better than it did before.

Will EDIT after it loads/crashes/whatever.

-----------

That download worked.  Looking at the logs I thought that maybe MiniAVC was the culprit myself, but I wasn't sure since I was seeing the error being tossed from Tweakscale up top.  Everything seems good now, other than a few textures not working, but that's not a Tweakscale issue, and is something I'll have to work with.

Thanks a ton for your help.  If you hadn't pointed that out, I could have gone through hours of work for no payoff!  I probably would have overlooked the MiniAVC thing entirely.

Many kudos to you, good sir. :D

Edited by Ryugi

Well @Lisias, I think I may have come across another issue.

I can't say for certain that it's TweakScale, but it MIGHT, maybe, be due to the way that ModuleManager and TweakScale are currently working together when it comes to adding modules to parts etc.  I'm horribly inept when it comes to finding solutions with this sort of thing, and trust me, I've looked all over the place to try and find a solution, and have come up empty-handed.

The error message in questions is...

[ModuleSrfFX]: No IThrustProvider module found at index 0!

Sometimes the index it mentions is 1 or 2 also.  It varies depending on parts I'm using.  This time I have a much larger logfile, sadly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kWj7nXTmhUNzpr9BSKdaHkTrXAYg8Cyv/view?usp=sharing

There's the link to the Google Drive doc that has everything. This doesn't really crash the game, but it prevents me from using any vehicle with those parts included, and won't even allow me to launch them from the SPH, or even the KSC Runway.  You can see at the bottom of the log that I tried strapping on several different engines to see if they worked, and they didn't.

The ONLY references I could find to a similar issue was regarding stuff from almost 4-5 YEARS ago, and all that I could gleam from that was something was pointing to a wrong file reference or something and was dealing with part modules, and another mentioned SmokeScreen, which I have updated as well to try and fix things to no avail. 

Since ModuleManager has a dll to interact with it by you called "Watchdog" I can only assume it is either something tied to TweakScale's interaction with ModuleManager, or ModuleManager's interaction with Tweakscale.  As far as I can tell, the CFGs for the problematic parts are virtually identical to CFGs that worked fine in KSP 1.9.  I've even compared the text of the CFGs between versions myself to confirm it.  So, unless something massive has changed, I'm really at a loss here, and don't know where else to turn for help.

Hopefully, at least, you can point me in the right direction again.

2 hours ago, Ryugi said:

Well @Lisias, I think I may have come across another issue.

I can't say for certain that it's TweakScale, but it MIGHT, maybe, be due to the way that ModuleManager and TweakScale are currently working together when it comes to adding modules to parts etc.  I'm horribly inept when it comes to finding solutions with this sort of thing, and trust me, I've looked all over the place to try and find a solution, and have come up empty-handed.

The error message in questions is...

[ModuleSrfFX]: No IThrustProvider module found at index 0!

Sometimes the index it mentions is 1 or 2 also.  It varies depending on parts I'm using.  This time I have a much larger logfile, sadly.

It's not a problem on MM neither TweakScale. To tell you the true, it's not a problem at all. It's a fix being applied to what something inside KSP thinks it's a.. "inconvenience" (because it's not a problem neither).

It's about the order of patching, as well the adding or removing of Add'Ons on a game instalment. Consider the following scenario:

You have ModA, ModB and ModC installed. Each one adds something into a partname called RandomStockPart. The prefab for this part, after patching is:

PART
{
	name = RandomStockPart
	foo = bar
	bar = foo   
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleA
		foo = bar
		bar = foo
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB
		foo = bar
		bar = foo
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleC
		foo = bar
		bar = foo
	}
}

In the prefab, the RandomStockPart will have a thingy called moduleList with [ModuleA, ModuleB, ModuleC] - where each "Module" is not a string, but a thingy we, programmers, call "instance of an object". 

Now, consider that you removed ModB, and installed ModD. You will have now what follows on prefab:

PART
{
	name = RandomStockPart
	foo = bar
	bar = foo   
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleA
		foo = bar
		bar = foo
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleC
		foo = bar
		bar = foo
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleD
		foo = bar
		bar = foo
	}
}

ModuleB is absent, ModuleC took its place, and ModuleD is the new kid on the block and it's now sitting where ModuleC used to be. So you will have this on that moduleList thingy:  [ModuleA, ModuleC, ModuleD]Apparently, something inside KSP depends highly on the order in which these objects appears on that list, because every time a Module switches places, you see that messages you described being issued.

Besides annoying, I don't consider that messages bad. To tell you the true, without that messages I would probably still be chasing my tail on a lot of weird things I got with TweakScale lately. These messages hinted me about how KSP internal process works while migrating things (and, most importantly, when).

2 hours ago, Ryugi said:

Since ModuleManager has a dll to interact with it by you called "Watchdog" I can only assume it is either something tied to TweakScale's interaction with ModuleManager, or ModuleManager's interaction with Tweakscale. 

The ModuleManagerWatchDog is just what it names says it is: a watch dog. It checks if Module Manager is correctly installed on your rig, because since KSP 1.8 some very critical thingies inside KSP guts had changed, and this screwed up royally Module Manager, rendering it unable to detect itself the problem. So an external tool, without the MM limitations (and legacy behaviour) was needed to check these borderline situations and bark on them when detected.

It does not interferes on MM in any way, it just watches its back and barks when needed.

2 hours ago, Ryugi said:

Hopefully, at least, you can point me in the right direction again.

You are already on it. It only happened that this direction is a bit noisier than usual. :) 

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

i'm having problems after i updated KRE, i updated Tweakscale after Houston message but it didn't work. Here's log http://www.mediafire.com/file/hmebo7i9ljy44j6/KSP.log/file, errors are near the end of the log. Playing on Macintosh and KSP 1.10.1 64-bit version

Edited by Darkuss

2 hours ago, Darkuss said:

i'm having problems after i updated KRE, i updated Tweakscale after Houston message but it didn't work. Here's log http://www.mediafire.com/file/hmebo7i9ljy44j6/KSP.log/file, errors are near the end of the log. Playing on Macintosh and KSP 1.10.1 64-bit version

There's nothing installed on this KSP! No TweakScale, no Module Manager, no nothing! Not even the DLCs.

[LOG 10:05:54.188]

Environment Info
Unix 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0

Folders and files in GameData:
Stock folder: Squad

Stock file: .DS_Store

I think you fired up the wrong KSP, or perhaps had deleted all the Add'Ons by accident?

34 minutes ago, Darkuss said:

strange, but anyway here's true modded file http://www.mediafire.com/file/hmebo7i9ljy44j6/KSP.log/file

Same thing. Only Squad is installed on your GameData.

Spoiler

[LOG 10:05:51.882] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.0.2483 (OSXPlayer) ru *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.0.2483 (OSXPlayer) ru

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5350U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4)
RAM: 8192
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000 (1536MB)
SM: 46 (OpenGL 4.1 INTEL-12.10.16)
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf,

Log started: Sat, May 09, 2020 10:05:51

[LOG 10:05:52.380] Loading data opt-out preferences from PlayerPrefs
[LOG 10:05:52.427] Requesting data opt-out preferences from https://data-optout-service.uca.cloud.unity3d.com/player/opt_out?appid=39811e89-d29d-4faa-bb01-997f3
[LOG 10:05:52.465] ActionCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[LOG 10:05:52.465] MainCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[LOG 10:05:52.472] PhysicsGlobals: Loading database
[LOG 10:05:52.484] AppCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[LOG 10:05:54.085] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[LOG 10:05:54.174] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type CommNetVessel with order 999
[LOG 10:05:54.177] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type FlightIntegrator with order 0
[LOG 10:05:54.179] VesselModules: Found 2 VesselModule types
[LOG 10:05:54.188]

Environment Info
Unix 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0

Folders and files in GameData:
Stock folder: Squad

Stock file: .DS_Store

[LOG 10:05:55.058] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/editorLoop01

You are running 1.7.0, by the way. Apparently, the link you have on the Desktop is not pinpointing to the KSP installment you think it is.

Announce

TweakScale 2.5.0.21 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

Finally Parts with variants with Mass and Cost are being scaled! ( all the 9 of them :P) #HURRAY

However... :/

I found a bug on TweakScale when scaling parts that change attachment nodes on the Variants. See Issue #139 for details. I didn't detected it before because parts with "changing nodes" are just now hitting the mainstream (see Rhyno),  and the ones I knew had Mass and/or Cost and wasn't scalable until now. I will postpone this one, as it was already happening before and it's easily worked around (switch to the variant you want before scaling, or descale before switching variants and scale again). Annoying, I agree, but I will not postpone 2.4.4.0 for this (already spent half my week on it).

Unless something else blows up, there're only two minor issues about patches on the backlog for 2.4.4.0 - but I will not talk about deadlines. Historically, it's a receipt for disaster. :D

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obviously, but now and then a bug passes through - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

Any reports about it (being a bug or not) should be posted on issue #42 (or I will get lost - again - on the sea of bug reports!).

(link to previous announce)

Edited by Lisias
Missing links.

11 hours ago, Darkuss said:

seems like my laptop is playing with me, but i'm sure that this file is truly correct http://www.mediafire.com/file/sjh73rq4uhvuigw/KSPTrue.log/file

Got it!

[LOG 04:08:31.475] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 2193 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 38 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 1045 unscalable parts.
[LOG 04:08:31.500] [TweakScale] "Houston, we have a Problem!" about show stoppers on patching was displayed

Yeah, 38 FATALities. Let's check one of them:

[LOG 03:56:04.614] Applying update KerbalReusabilityExpansion/TweakScale 2/@PART[KRE-AeroLeg-L]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[KerbalReusabilityExpansion] to KerbalReusabilityExpansion/AeroLandingLegs/AeroLandingLeg-L.cfg/PART[KRE-AeroLeg-L]
[LOG 03:56:05.140] Applying update KerbalReusabilityExpansion/TweakScale/@PART[KRE-AeroLeg-L]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[KerbalReusabilityExpansion] to KerbalReusabilityExpansion/AeroLandingLegs/AeroLandingLeg-L.cfg/PART[KRE-AeroLeg-L]

Gotcha. There're TWO config files patching the same parts! KerbalReusabilityExpansion/TweakScale 2 and KerbalReusabilityExpansion/TweakScale.

And since there're exacts 38 issues of this patch on the log, the same amount of FATALities, we can say we solved the case:

macmini62:3 lisias$ cat KSPTrue.log | grep "KerbalReusabilityExpansion\/TweakScale 2" | grep "Applying" | wc -l

However, it does not appears to be a problem with KRE, as I just checked their github and there's only one copy of TweakScale.cfg there. I think somehow you  accidentaly duplicated the file on your rig. Please delete GameData/KerbalReusabilityExpansion/TweakScale 2.cfg and you will be ok.

53 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Stop using ad-laden MediaFire.

The problem is that, probably, MediaFire will outlive the ad-free competition. You get what you pays for. :( 

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

However, it does not appears to be a problem with KRE, as I just checked their github and there's only one copy of TweakScale.cfg there. I think somehow you  accidentaly duplicated the file on your rig. Please delete GameData/KerbalReusabilityExpansion/TweakScale 2.cfg and you will be ok

Yes that was the problem, thank you!

7 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Stop using ad-laden MediaFire.

Ads? I didn't see no ads... Wait, there are people who still surf without an adblocker?

40 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

That's what basic Google Drive or Dropbox are for.

True, though there you get the whole sign up with a "real" name to upload thing, and sign-in/sign-up nags and click-throughs on download. MediaFire with an adblocker is actually fewer clicks and less javascript than Dropbox...

Personally I got fed up with all of the above some time ago, I host my own files on my own hardware now.