[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.5 - 2024-0213

Lisias

4 hours ago, AfterKerbin said:

During loading, the game gives an error, as with a version conflict, and stops loading, what can this mean?

That you need to publish the full KSP.log so we can check what's happening. :) 

-- post edit --

On the OP, there's a Spoiler with instructions about how to get help (on the bottom of the post)

Edited by Lisias
post edit

• 2 weeks later...

News from the Front.

Hi, this is a report for the present state of affairs on TweakScale Beta 2.5.

I have 95% of the tasks carried on, or almost done. But... That pesky 5% is getting into my nerves - the whole story is on the #42 Issue, specifically here, here and here.

Currently, I'm finally being able to apply variants on a scaled part:
98457284-2cfa9d00-2164-11eb-9b9b-c130e7f

But "unapplying" the variant still need some work... :/
98457528-143fb680-2167-11eb-8bb0-a829775

As I explained on the Issue #42, using my current rig for Research & Development for KSP is getting problematic, and this is the main reason I'm taking so much time to tackle down this one. However, I managed to grab a new rig on a affordable price, and that machine will speed up things a lot for me, so with a bit of luck, the next TweakScale will be released "soon". :)

Cheers!

Hi @Lisias I just had KSP crash instantly to the desktop - never saw that before. I doubt it's TweakScale but I see warning spam in the player log: 

[TweakScale] WARNING: TweakScale was externally deactivated on module on part...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khl9g7t80bll9te/Player.log?dl=0

I was flying "Kombine" and just entered physics range of "Mun station". I've been ignoring errors from Pilot Assistant so I'll premove that and post there too. 

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Hi @Lisias I just had KSP crash instantly to the desktop - never saw that before. I doubt it's TweakScale but I see warning spam in the player log: 

[TweakScale] WARNING: TweakScale was externally deactivated on module on part...

The message is harmless. At that time, I was trying to diagnosing  an issue (that ended up being a "new" feature on KSP) and shoved this message on the log to be aware when a part using TS was deactivated.  Problem is that TS can be externally or internally deactivated (I deactivate TS when the part is not scaled, to save some CPU cycles - this is an "internal" deactivation), and when I fixed the original problem, TS lost the ability to tell internal from external on deactivation.

Please ignore these messages. They will be ripped off on the next release. :)

I was flying "Kombine" and just entered physics range of "Mun station". I've been ignoring errors from Pilot Assistant so I'll premove that and post there too. 

There're a lot of Exceptions on this rig, from different subsystems. Try to rip off Scatterer from the instalment, most of these exceptions appears to be related to visual effects.

What I think that may be related is SimpleFuelSwitch:

Exception handling event onVesselLoaded in class FlightBehaviour:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SimpleFuelSwitch.ModuleSimpleFuelSwitch.OnShipLoaded () [0x00018] in <83adba40348745b29af7ae28ff479c61>:0
  at SimpleFuelSwitch.ModuleSimpleFuelSwitch.OnVesselLoaded (Vessel vessel) [0x0001f] in <83adba40348745b29af7ae28ff479c61>:0
  at SimpleFuelSwitch.FlightBehaviour.OnVesselLoaded (Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <83adba40348745b29af7ae28ff479c61>:0
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0

<cut>

Module ModuleSimpleFuelSwitch threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SimpleFuelSwitch.ModuleSimpleFuelSwitch.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x0000d] in <83adba40348745b29af7ae28ff479c61>:0
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0

This may be borking a chain of events, and some add'ons may not being initialised after this exception.

Whatever is happening on your rig, is stomping toes on everybody...

KerbalEngineer -> Exception  // System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Surface.ImpactProcessor.Update () [0x007d9] in <df610534f02e44eabb2fe7c95c06a0aa>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightEngineerCore.UpdateModules () [0x0002d] in <df610534f02e44eabb2fe7c95c06a0aa>:0

As well KSP itself, apparently:

ActiveJoint.Terminate Exception while setting drive mode: System.NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform.InverseTransformDirection_Injected(UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Vector3&,UnityEngine.Vector3&)
  at UnityEngine.Transform.InverseTransformDirection (UnityEngine.Vector3 direction) [0x00000] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0
  at ActiveJoint.getControlOrt (UnityEngine.Vector3 refAxis, PartSpaceMode mode) [0x000aa] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0
  at ActiveJoint.applyCoordsUpdate () [0x00008] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0
  at ActiveJoint.SetDriveMode (ActiveJoint+DriveMode m) [0x0010e] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0
  at ActiveJoint.Terminate () [0x000a1] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0

And so goes on.

From that point, PilotAssistant and TweakScale are, almost surely, just another victims from the root problem.

Besides annoying, that Warnings from TweakScale are telling me that at least that parts are not involved on the mess, since TweakScale is deactivated on them - humm, this message ended up being useful after all.

The last problems on the KSP.log, and I'm wildly guessing they could be the triggers for the crash, is a series of these messages:

BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "ServiceBay.250.v2/strutCube/model/cubestrut"

I checked, and these parts have TweakScale deactivated. But, again, this can be completely unrelated - it could be only harmless messages (like mine "TweakScale deactivated" ones) that had the bad luck of be issued just before the crash.

On the bottom line:

• Remove Scatterer (as there're a lot of exceptions coming from Effects related stuff)
  • Remove SimpleFuelSwitch

-- -- -- 

Humm... Remove EVE too. I think it may be involved on the mess because of this:

Spoiler

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ShaderLoaderClass' from assembly 'ShaderLoader'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ShaderProperties' from assembly 'Utils'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon '_BuildManager' from assembly '_BuildManager'

Uploading Crash Report
NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () [0x00006] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager+<>c__DisplayClass3.<logVersion>b__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in <cb23db9c8c564465aabe78f936e70327>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () [0x00019] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager.logVersion () [0x0005d] in <cb23db9c8c564465aabe78f936e70327>:0
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <cb23db9c8c564465aabe78f936e70327>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
<LoadObjects>d__88:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<CreateDatabase>d__69:MoveNext()
GameDatabase:StartLoad()
<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
LoadingScreen:Start()

The rationale is what follows:

When KSP calls a handler for a callback, it usually does something like this:

try { foreach (PartModule pm : GameEngine.GetModulesFromCurrentVessel()) {
	pm.OnSomeCallbackCall(parameters);
} } catch (Exception e) {
	Debug.LogExpcetion(e, "Whoops, something borked here...")
}

When this happens, all the PartModules that would be called after the borking one are ignored (since the code was aborted), and the game enters into an inconsistent state (and so, something else end up blowing up later due invalid data, and taking the blame!).

One way to prevent that is to shove the try catch inside the foreach loop, but that comes with a cost: the try catch stunt is expensive, as it creates a new context on the stackframe on enter, and destroy it on exit - and this will tax the frame rate. So shoving it outside the loop is the less worse way to detect problems and log them to be diagnosed later, when something blows up somewhere else.

On every exception logged on your Player.log, you will note that it happened inside a Callback (OnVesselLoaded, etc). And on every one of them, something lke this can had happened, and so you could have a lot of inconsistencies on the KSP's internal data structures (some things were updated, others don't). And from that point, Kraken knows who will get ellected to blow up...

Thanks for the analysis Lisias! I restarted and it's running at least - it didn't bork my savegame or anything. I pulled out Pilot Assistant already and it cleared some errors but not all. Probably as you say, it's not the root cause.

I will pull out Scatterer and put Pilot Assistant back in.   Removing Scatterer also removes AVP in CKAN. Too bad that's implicated because it looks very nice! I'm holding on to Simple Fuel Switch for now. I didn't see any problems when I started using it long before any visual mods. And I believe it's not even used on any craft that were in physics range, if that matters.  I'll update later.

Announce

TweakScale 2.5.0.26 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

This is a maintenance release, further implementing applying Variants on scaled parts. We still have some issues, please read the Known Issues file.

Attention please: 

• There are still glitches on parts as the Mastodon when changing Variants after scaling. Detaching and reattaching the part solves it but hell, this is annoying.
  • I found a new (serious) bug on Chain Scaling that can lead to a crash on older KSP and serious mishaps on newer ones.
    • Some vessels, as the Stock Aeris 4A, are borking relentlessly on Chain Scaling.
    • Some others work fine, as the Stock Aeris 3A.
    • A fix is on the works, but until there use Chain Scale with... caution (and some prayers).
  • The problem on attachment nodes on KSP 1.9, obviously, still persists. I will update KSP Recall (where the problem will be mitigated) as soon as I manage to fix that annoying and persistent problem with the attachment nodes from parts with variants...

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obviously, but now and then a bug passes through - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :) 

Any reports about it (being a bug or not) should be posted on issue #42 (or I will get lost - again - on the sea of bug reports!).

Happy Scaling!

Edited by Lisias
Tyops! Surprised? :P

Thanks for all your work on the new release. 

About my crash above, I removed all the sexy stuff: AVP, EVE and Scatterer. Just loaded and saw a TS sanity check warning: issue #13. It seems to run OK so far. Don't lose too much sleep on TS man. 

Spoiler

[KSP_Recall] INFO: SanityCheck Concluded : 473 parts found ; 473 parts using Resourceful ; 0 show stoppers detected .

[TweakScale] INFO: NULL ConfigNode for Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1_v2/liquidEngineLV-1R _v2/radialEngineMini_v2 (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!

[TweakScale] INFO: NULL ConfigNode for Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1_v2/liquidEngineLV-1R _v2/radialEngineMini_v2 (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate1p5 (EP-18 Engine Plate).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate2 (EP-25 Engine Plate).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate3 (EP-37 Engine Plate).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate4 (EP-50 Engine Plate).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1 (T-12 Structural Tube).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Cost - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube1p5 (T-18 Structural Tube).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube2 (T-25 Structural Tube).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube3 (T-37 Structural Tube).

[TweakScale] ERROR: Part Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube) didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue [#13]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13 ). at error:0

[TweakScale] WARNING: Removing TweakScale support for Tube4 (T-50 Structural Tube).

[TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 473 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 0 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 112 unscalable parts.

[TweakScale] "TweakScale Warning" about sanity checks was displayed

4 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Thanks for all your work on the new release. 

About my crash above, I removed all the sexy stuff: AVP, EVE and Scatterer. Just loaded and saw a TS sanity check warning: issue #13. It seems to run OK so far. 

These are harmless (and so I call them Warnings). As KSP changed in time, some features changed too with new rules to cope with. TweakScale learnt to identify some of these changes (and not only from KSP, to tell you the true), and withdrawn itself from these parts (as it would end in disaster).

These situations were being tackled down in the last year, and this one is exactly what I'm working on these days. :)

Variants are a "new" kind of mechanism (new on quotes, this stunt born on 1.4.1 and was revised on 1.4.4) that aims to cut down the pletora of parts on the game, allowing you to choose a part to attach and then a sub-model of that part, what some people find easier to cope than selecting from 3 discrete but similar parts from the palette.

Problem is that this Variant thing broke a lot of flows and expectations that we had for granted until 1.4.1. Things that never changes after edited started to change, things you did started to be undone, and all of these affected not only TweakScale, but a lot of others add'ons - that, by their turn, affected TweakScale (as this nosy add'on fiddles with everything and everybody and if one of these borks, TweakScale borks together).

Since unfortunately TweakScale when borks (or it's borked) leaves the craft on a inconsistent (or sometimes game endangering) state, at that time the only sensible counter-measure was to withdraw TweakScale from parts those configuration is known to bork TweakScale (as multiple fuel switches being patched on the damn thing - what rendered TS without knowing what fuel switch is the dominant one - this still happens nowadays, by the way, and this is something that TS can't fix).

5 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Don't lose too much sleep on TS man. 

That's the thing: someone have to carry on the tasks, otherwise the job will not be delivered.

In the past few years, too much people around here decided not to lose too much sleep on something - and the net result is that some others had to lose a lot of sleep to cope with the mess.

It's a matter of commitment. I'm committed to deliver TweakScale in a useful and safe way, and if the only way to do it is to lose some sleep, so be it. I had put my name on it, after all. ;)

On the bright side, these late betas are tackling down the last really harsh problems left. Once I finally fix these ones, everything else will be way easier - (at least, until something drastically changes again on KSP...)

Announce

TweakScale 2.5.0.27 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

This is a maintenance release, fixing that stupid (but nasty) bug on Chain Scaling.

We still have some issues, please read the Known Issues file.

Attention please: 

• There are still glitches on parts as the Mastodon when changing Variants after scaling. Detaching and reattaching the part solves it but hell, this is annoying.
  • The problem on attachment nodes on KSP 1.9, obviously, still persists. I will update KSP Recall (where the problem will be mitigated) as soon as I manage to fix that annoying and persistent problem with the attachment nodes from parts with variants...

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obviously, but now and then a bug passes through - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :) 

Any reports about it (being a bug or not) should be posted on issue #42 (or I will get lost - again - on the sea of bug reports!).

Happy Scaling!

News from the Front.

Hi, this is a report for the present state of affairs on TweakScale Beta 2.5.

There's something cheesy on Variants with variable attachment points and/or model changing. The code I wrote appears to work fine when the parent part is a plate, but not when the parent is a cabin or a tube (and probably many more parts).[Edit: Cheesiness detected - dirty (unix) socks. :sticktongue:)

99847841-75985a00-2b57-11eb-8e7c-d465e38

99847888-8b0d8400-2b57-11eb-9ec2-f2171a9

More on the github's issue 42.

On the (kinda of) bright side, that new rig of mine arrived Monday  - however the dealer had shipped with the wrong motherboard and I had to return it.  By the time it was (re)delivered, I got no more time to play hardware due RL, and everything is delayed... (sigh). Life can be cruel. :P

Edited by Lisias
Cheesiness detected.

Announce

TweakScale 2.5.0.29 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

We are finally changing variants correctly when the part is scaled! #HURRAY.

Spoiler

99958058-6be54100-2d67-11eb-9c3b-668adee

99958307-e910b600-2d67-11eb-8c92-3a43a5a

But... Now I'm struggling with Symmetries... :P 

Spoiler

99996677-d5327780-2d9a-11eb-9137-5bd5e9e

99996550-ab795080-2d9a-11eb-885d-87248c0

So, we still have some issues. Please read the Known Issues file.

Attention please: 

Edited by Lisias

Hi Lisias. I hate to bother you with my problems while you're deep into your TS 2.5 efforts but my KSP is going to hell. I have dozens of corrupted files when I check local files with Steam. I started a help thread here:

The log files are in the last post.  If you have "nothing else to do"

Hi Lisias. I hate to bother you with my problems while you're deep into your TS 2.5 efforts but my KSP is going to hell. I have dozens of corrupted files when I check local files with Steam. I started a help thread here:

The log files are in the last post.  If you have "nothing else to do"

One of reasons why you should not use mods on steam instance of KSP. You should rather keep steam install stock and make another copy/instance elsewhere on HDD for moded game. One reason is that some mods can overwrite stock files (any mod should avoid that, but it is possible), so steam may "think" that those files are corrupted. Second reason is that when KSP updates, it may take a while until mods are properly updated/supported. In both ways your saved games may become corrupted.

You should create backup of your saved games before validating on steam. Then you should create a clean steam KSP install without any mods. Then copy that clean steam install elsewhere on HDD to create new instance of KSP. Install your mods over that new instance. It is better to install mods again as it is hard to say if tehre is already conflict somewhere between moded and stock files. After that copy saved games to new instance as well and do test run. Catch a log file from that test run and provide it here so it can be analysed to tell if there is still anything wrong with installs on your end.

13 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Hi Lisias. I hate to bother you with my problems while you're deep into your TS 2.5 efforts but my KSP is going to hell. I have dozens of corrupted files when I check local files with Steam.<cut by me> The log files are in the last post.  If you have "nothing else to do"

There's nothing I can add to what @kcs123 already explained, you really should not use the KSP installment managed by Steam (or GoG, or anything else). And I tried, with really tragic consequences - spent 10 days fixing the damage (why do you think I'm so used to diagnosing these problems? :sticktongue:).

But there's some hints I can give you:

• If you are on Linux, format a BTRFS partition for your games, including the ones managed by Steam. Then copy it with deduplication (cp --reflink source target).
  • If you are on Mac, format a APFS partition for it. Then use Finder for the copying, as it automatically use reflinks on copies on the same volume
  • On Windows 10, there's ReFS - but I have no (still useable) knowledge on Windows, so I can't help.

Deduplication is simply the best thing one can have on a filesystem, better than transparent compression: it saves a lot os space for us, KSP heavy users. I have many copies of the same KSP with small variations due testing, and deduplication literally saved my SAS on this. If you use an SSD or M2 or something, the savings are even more noticeable, being the difference on doing the job on a cheap 240G one or having to sell your eyes (the three of them) for a 512 or 1Gb one.

4 hours ago, kcs123 said:

One reason is that some mods can overwrite stock files (any mod should avoid that, but it is possible),

I'm on a personal crusade fighting this absolutely terrible practice. The GameData should be sacred land.

Edited by Lisias
Mentioning Window's ReFS,

10 hours ago, Blyatmeister said:

Hi I'm sorry to disturb you but I was playing around with tweakscale and Bd armory and when I started up the game a few hours later I found a 1 FATAL error tab on my menu.

I need the FULL KSP.log. The two liners you gave me tells that a part is broken, but I don't have any other information (what else is installed? How MM patched things? There're exceptions on some key parts of the game loading?). Please post the FULL KSP.log on dropbox or similar service.

Thanks for all the info @kcs123, @Lisias 

Wow yeah if mods are actually changing the core files, it's hard to know what's good, bad or ugly. I'm on Win10. I'll have to look into options to make a KSP copy like ReFS. I see CKAN has options to manage instances and make a clone. My 240G drive is 90% full. I'll try to get a stable stock install working. How can anybody play stock anyway. Like career mode without KAC. Insane. I've got some work to do.

So what might happen if I load a savegame  with craft that use modded parts like TS? Obviously I'm going to make backup copies but I'm curious what sort of Kraken vortex might open up.

3 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

So what might happen if I load a savegame  with craft that use modded parts like TS? Obviously I'm going to make backup copies but I'm curious what sort of Kraken vortex might open up.

Your mileage will vary, but usually you will have all the scaled parts reset to the default size, inclusive the living ones on Flight. Very entertaining on flying crafts - a shame that it also renders the savegame kaput beyound repair. :P

There're some (synthetic) samples on Issue #137.

Attention: utter carnage alert, opening the Spoiler is discouraged for the faint of heart! :sticktongue:

Spoiler

54075134-4efa9880-427a-11e9-9d24-0917306

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

I need the FULL KSP.log. The two liners you gave me tells that a part is broken, but I don't have any other information (what else is installed? How MM patched things? There're exceptions on some key parts of the game loading?). Please post the FULL KSP.log on dropbox or similar service.

I don't know what dropbox is or how to use it please help

2 hours ago, Blyatmeister said:

I don't know what dropbox is or how to use it please help

Dropbox is a service in which you upload a fiile, and then it gives you a link so you can send the link to people so they can download the file. It's like the service you used to upload that image, but instead of a imagem, you upload the KSP.log in full.

I found this video, I hope it helps

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I'm looking for a big hammer. :mad:

I know the feeling. :)

Spoiler

45420193_2092299600791993_55070188351415

About this subject, I will follow up on that thread! :)

I'm getting the following error with TweakScale and I would like to know which parts are causing this.

Spoiler

TweakScale found 9 parts that failed sanity checks! See KSP.log for details.

Parts that fail sanity check had TweakScale support withdrawn. This was
necessary to prevent them to crash the game. At the present, there's no way to
scale them without with out nasty consequences - but they can be used normally.

Tweakscale is working to support these parts.

Here is the KSP.log, I added the tag TS_Sanity to it bc I also have a different KSP.log for a different install that is being looked at for a different issue. Please ignore all the annotations, They are also not related to this Tweakscale issue.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1fV4RE3nr3W6Rp6h2eJU8tEVOUDWCwcpq