[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Love this mod; I really depend on it.  Thanks for keeping Tweakscale going!  

Thought you'd want to know:  just updated to KSP 1.11 and Tweakscale 2.4.4.0, and am getting lots of 'fatal' errors.  Here's my log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yb65crm7fiq5bu/KSP?dl=0

Hope this proves useful.

44 minutes ago, wreckreation said:

Love this mod; I really depend on it.  Thanks for keeping Tweakscale going!  

Thought you'd want to know:  just updated to KSP 1.11 and Tweakscale 2.4.4.0, and am getting lots of 'fatal' errors.  Here's my log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yb65crm7fiq5bu/KSP?dl=0

Hope this proves useful.

Its the same problem from this post, a oldie file from the last release found its way into the new Release. Theoretically I already fixed it, when (and what file) you download it?

In a way or another, just delete <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg and it will be fixed for now. Don't bother downloading it again, as I found a last minute problem and I'll issue a new release in the next few hours.

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.4.1 2.4.4.2 is available for downloading, with a last minute fix.

Please refer to the following post for the full log of changes.

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge - Right now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users) - Right Now.
Edited by Lisias
Release 2.4.4.2 is on the Wild. All distributions channels updated.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:36 PM, Lisias said:

Yep, this is the reason I didn't implemented support for TweakScale for most robotic parts yet. I need to write code specifically for these parts.

I'm working on the new 2.4.4.x series, where every technical debit will be tackled down, including this one, but one at at time - the 2.4.4.0 with some new parts being supported (finally, Variants that change mass and cost!) is expected to be released very soon. :) 

It's a niche solution. Some people just don't care about balance or plausibility too much, all they want is to scale parts and have fun. All Tweak works fine to them, and at the same time demonstrates how good patches, carefully crafted and curated are important for everybody else. :)

(and since All Tweak prevents itself from messing with parts that already have TweakScale support, I really can't complain about it! This is one of the most well behaving add'ons I know about! ;) )

Yeah had a feeling this would be the case. All good, ill just have to patiently wait for support :) 

Dear Lisias,

I want to notice You, that TweakScale 2.4.4.1 still has Nerta_Tweakscale patch in the package and, consequently causing "FATALITIES" for 13 HeatControl parts (Yeah, more sculls to the god of sculls!)

I dunno, if it supposed to be so.

And even stranger - I'm still getting "FATALITIES" even after erasing Nerta_Tweakscale from TweakScale patch folder

Edited by Nik Power

4 hours ago, Nik Power said:

Dear Lisias,

I want to notice You, that TweakScale 2.4.4.1 still has Nerta_Tweakscale patch in the package and, consequently causing "FATALITIES" for 13 HeatControl parts (Yeah, more sculls to the god of sculls!)

Yeah, I finally found the problem - I was checking the wrong branch, it was not a mistake I did on the development branch, it was a mishap that happened on the merge. :/

Well, TweakScale 2.4.4.2 is on the wild with this fixed. For good, hopefully.

I dunno, if it supposed to be so.

Yes, it is. Every single time someone borks (including me), that pesky Modal Dialog will pop up until someone fixes the mess. :)

And even stranger - I'm still getting "FATALITIES" even after erasing Nerta_Tweakscale from TweakScale patch folder

Now these ones appears to be the real deal. Send me the KSP.log so I can diagnose the problems.

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Lisias 

Error in the VAB, vehicles load after clicking ok, using latest version. Picture below

https://imgur.com/a/Q9AWJLs

Log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7n2bsr59z06xch/KSP.log?dl=0

Weird. TweakScale is not being loaded... Let's see what KSP.log have to tell us...

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Scale_Redist, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Scale_Redist, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

You forgot to copy 999_Scale_Redist.dll into GameData!! :)

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Yeah, I finally found the problem - I was checking the wrong branch, it was not a mistake I did on the development branch, it was a mishap that happened on the merge. :/

Well, TweakScale 2.4.4.2 is on the wild with this fixed. For good, hopefully.

Yes, it is. Every single time someone borks (including me), that pesky Modal Dialog will pop up until someone fixes the mess. :)

Now these ones appears to be the real deal. Send me the KSP.log so I can diagnose the problems.

Weird. TweakScale is not being loaded... Let's see what KSP.log have to tell us...

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Scale_Redist, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Scale_Redist, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

You forgot to copy 999_Scale_Redist.dll into GameData!! :)

Cheers!

Yes, i was about to edit previous posting stating that it was my bad, that i installed incorrectly.  related question does the folder local needs to be installed? anyways thanks for everything and happy holidays. keep safe

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Yes, i was about to edit previous posting stating that it was my bad, that i installed incorrectly.  related question does the folder local needs to be installed? anyways thanks for everything and happy holidays. keep safe

The __LOCAL is not necessary, it's a standard place where I can send you overrules and hot fixes when needed. Doesn't hurt to install it, but if you are not willing to use it, doesn't hurt to do not install it neither.

The Module Manager Watchdog, however, can save Module Manager's sorry SAS if by accident you install an old MM dll on the system - what is plain terrible on KSP >= 1.8 : when multiple Assemblies are loaded, the first one being loaded takes precedence over the others, and on MM's case, this means that the OLDER, buggy MM will be activated instead of the newer one(s) - and this is something way harsh do diagnose when that smelly amount of organic waste hits the turbo-fan.

Happy holidays to you too! :)

Edited by Lisias
better phrasing

19 hours ago, Lisias said:

Its the same problem from this post, a oldie file from the last release found its way into the new Release. Theoretically I already fixed it, when (and what file) you download it?

In a way or another, just delete <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg and it will be fixed for now. Don't bother downloading it again, as I found a last minute problem and I'll issue a new release in the next few hours.

You're awesome, dude!  Thanks for the speedy reply, and for all your hard work!

1 hour ago, Hohmannson said:

Any thoughts on Waterfall mesh-driven plumes scaling? It adds a partmodule with properties including size and position of the plume, but I failed to scale them by writing the scaleexponents patch. No rush, just asking.

I'm keeping an eye on it, it caught my eye since the very first post! :) (got lucky, I was around when this popped up on the timeline!)

Scaling plumes is one of the oldest technical debits on scaling, and my tinkering on the matter didn't rendered results until now:

53669763-0548f700-3c57-11e9-852f-1caad03

And this is a "good" result, some plumes ended up being exhausted the wrong way!!!

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

Problem is that the plumes' parameters appears to be hidden and/or not accessible by config files, as it appears, so it's something that needs to be tackled down by code. Sadly, in order to understand why this code is misbehaving, I would need to reverse engineer the relevant code - what I'm not sure it would be forum rules compliant... (see 8. Legal Boundaries). Assuming, of course, that there's not another way to do it that I'm not aware yet.

Reading the Waterfall's code will hopefully allow me to understand how KSP works without risking my SAS on legalities, and it's the reason I'm closely looking on it. I "suspect" :cool:  that by learning to support Waterfall, I will end up supporting stock as well with minimal efforts.

I'm getting good results using Real Plume + SmokeScreen, by the way - what's not a surprise, as SmokeScreen supports directly TweakScale! (but, on a personal note, SmokeScreen would do better by exposing an interface and allowing third-parties to scale the plumes, so the solution would be available for everybody, and not only for TweakScale...).

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

How come no scaling on the flags? 

Prioritisation. There're a ton of tasks on my backlog, so I need to sort them in order to maximise the benefits and minimize the efforts to tackle them down. To get the best outcome, it's usually better to be focused on an interrelated subset of the problems!

As an example, TweakScale 2.4.4.0, I mean 2.4.4.1, I mean 2.4.4.2 :P has some internal changes that allow me to finally start to fix some patches that were non conformant (Mark 3 parts thinking that they were Mark 2 sizes for example), but I could not fix them because a migration code was not working and I took some time (a huge amount of time) until I finally figured out what was happening. In the mean time, KSP itself was (and still is) changing and this sometimes hits TweakScale below the belt (and I still need to write some code on KSP-Recall, by the way!)

And every time that I do something wrong, I risk something like this on the field - what's not exactly the best way to make new friends... :)

Take a peek on what I did for 2.4.4.0  (.1 and .2 were unplanned releases, they happened due some mishaps I did on .0), now compare with I have planned for 2.4.4.3 - there's some logic on this planning.

The .0 release were essentially all the boiler plate that needed to be there in order to keep working on fixing and improving the patches (and that included a complete overhaul of all the patches!) - this one was being working out for a whole year :0.0:, the 2.4.4.0 is essentially the 2.5.0.27 beta release with the working features backported (as this one that was puzzling me for months!!!)

The .3 release aims to solve your current concernings - I will spend some weeks (perhaps months) working out everything that still needs support from TweakScale on Stock and DLCs (while the Companions will handle everything else, but this milestone is postponed to .4 release).

The .4 release will see changes on the codebase again, but the real efforts will be focused on the Companions - as I need to have them online the fastest as I can, so I can get rid for good of the worst current nightmare I have - the terrible mess that is third party support nowadays (and the reason I decided to start the whole 2.5.0.0 task force at first place!).

And so on. Task prioritisation is an arcane ritual in which we try to satisfy user's expectations the sooner as we manage to do it without risking them deciding they don't need you. :sticktongue:

Give a peek on the log entry for 2.4.4.0 on the Change Log, if you are curious. And then check how they were implemented by looking on the Issue #42. Interesting to note that since I started #42, more than one hundred issues were created... :confused: (the current newest one is #150).

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

52 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Hmm. It says on CKAN that it's supported up to 1.11.1, and won't let me download it. That's something to fix it. A shocking amount of my crafts depend on it. Can't wait for a fix.

Well, this appears to be a bug on CKAN. Try reaching them for help.

In the mean time, you can download and install it manually.

Links for:

-- POST EDIT --

I have an old CKAN version around, 1.29, and I'm on MacOS, and I gave it a try.

Well, it's working for me!

TP9tjrj.png

-- POST POST EDIT --

Humm.. I updated to the laters 1.29.2, and the whole thing is unusable for me.

If you are using MacOS, find and download 1.29.0 - at least, this is the one working for me.

Edited by Lisias
works for me!

Not sure where to post this, so I hope this is the correct spot.

I have a fatal error bug with tweakscale, on only 2 parts. (So I hope its not a big issue). Both are B9 parts, due to "duplicated properties"

[LOG 09:43:54.815] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part B9.Structure.HX.HPD3 (HX-HPD 3 Fusion Drive) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 09:43:54.816] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part B9.Structure.HX.HPD2 (HX-HPD 2 Nuclear Saltwater Drive) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

2 hours ago, LadyAthena said:

Not sure where to post this, so I hope this is the correct spot.

I have a fatal error bug with tweakscale, on only 2 parts. (So I hope its not a big issue). Both are B9 parts, due to "duplicated properties"

[LOG 09:43:54.815] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part B9.Structure.HX.HPD3 (HX-HPD 3 Fusion Drive) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 09:43:54.816] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part B9.Structure.HX.HPD2 (HX-HPD 2 Nuclear Saltwater Drive) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

It's sure the right place to start the diagnosis. It's TweakScale the whistleblower anyway. :)

What you got was a case of double patching. Two different ModuleManager patches are patching the part disregarding "best practices". Some times is just a duplicated file left around (essentially what bitten me in the SAS on 2.4.4.0....).

However, what you post only tells us what happened, not where and why - so I can't help.

In order to fully diagnose the problem, I need the full KSP.log published on drop-box or similar service, so I can check the whole patching process and pinpoint where things gone south.

Cheers! (and happy new year!)

57 minutes ago, LadyAthena said:

Not a problem. It only happens that it improves somewhat my SLA, as we don't waste time asking for it. :)

Back to business, we have another problem. TweakScale doesn't patches this part, and from the guys that do it, no one states the :NEED[TweakScale] so things are really harsh to diagnose...

[LOG 09:38:38.021] Applying update B9_HX_Reconfig/CRP/B9_Aerospace_HX-Subtypes/@PART[B9_Structure_HX*]:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:43.321] Applying update AtmosphereAutopilot/csurf_sync/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]]:FOR[AtmosphereAutopilot] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:44.731] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/_FARPartModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[LaunchClamp]]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:45.525] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/_FARPartModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[FARWingAerodynamicModel],!MODULE[FARControllableSurface]]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:51.950] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Reliability/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[Reliability]:HAS[#type[ModuleEngines]]]:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:52.125] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Reliability/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:52.546] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Reliability/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#maxThrust,@atmosphereCurve]]:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:38:59.622] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Planner/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[ElectricCharge]]]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:39:00.102] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Reliability/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Reliability],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:39:16.758] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/OreTanksFix/@PART[*]:FINAL to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:39:17.671] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/IntegratedDecoupler/@PART[*]:FINAL to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]
[LOG 09:39:18.650] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/stockEngineGimbalIncrease/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]]:NEEDS[!RealismOverhaul]:FINAL to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hpd1.cfg/PART[B9_Structure_HX_HPD3]

As we can see above, there're 12 guys patching B9_Structure_HX_HPD3 (the "file system" name for the B9.Structure.HX.HPD3 - long history, it's one of the idiosyncrasies from Unity),  but absolutely NONE of them is using :NEEDS[TweakScale](besides at least two applying TweakScale patches) so I just can't tell who could be the troublemaker by now.

I'm peeking the source code from some known troublemakers on github to see if I get lucky. I will edit this post with my findings as soon as I can.

-- POST EDIT --

Gal, this one is tricky! Really tricky!

I need to ask you to send me everything on the <KSP_ROOT>/Logs , and all the <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/ModuleManager.* (in special, the ModuleManager.ConfigCache).

Humm... however... I just found this

[WRN 09:39:18.671] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache
[LOG 09:39:18.907] ModuleManager: 29131 patches applied, found <color=orange>2 errors</color>
2 errors related to GameData/OPT_Reconfig/OPT_Kerbalism.cfg

What means the MM didn't created the ConfigCache due errors... (sigh)

I need you to reach the OPT_Reconfig maintainer in order to get these one fixed, so MM creates that ConfigCache, so you can send it to me (together the other files I asked), so I can start to diagnose this problem!!!!

[LOG 09:38:28.899] Applying update OPT_Reconfig/OPT_Kerbalism/@PART[mk2_cockpit|mk2_cockpitv2]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault] to OPT/Parts/mk2/opt_mk2_cockpit.cfg/PART[mk2_cockpitv2]
[ERR 09:38:28.901] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key dataCapacity = #$@KERBALISM_HDD_SIZES/STOCK/MK2Cockpit/data$
[ERR 09:38:28.901] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key sampleCapacity = #$@KERBALISM_HDD_SIZES/STOCK/MK2Cockpit/samples$

Fell free to link this post to him.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

@Lisias Thanks for spotting the B9 HX issue. I've inspected and it should be fixed now. I'll post that in a release soon™. However, your issue with Kerbalism and the Mk2 cockpit should not have happened. The variable search requires GameData/Kerbalism/KerbalismConfig/ to exist, which I assume it did not in your test install.

53 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Lisias Thanks for spotting the B9 HX issue. I've inspected and it should be fixed now. I'll post that in a release soon™. However, your issue with Kerbalism and the Mk2 cockpit should not have happened. The variable search requires GameData/Kerbalism/KerbalismConfig/ to exist, which I assume it did not in your test install.

I didn't reproduced the issue here, I was analysing something else on @LadyAthena's KSP.log for something completely unrelated to this problem, but affecting somehow two parts from B9 that two other guys are patching for TweakScale. Since none of the patches patching that affected parts has :NEEDS[TweakScale], I will need to inspect everything using the good'n'old Eye Balls Mark 1 - but without the ConfigCache, I would be shooting in the dark.

So the need to have this fixed first, so @LadyAthenacan fire up his rig again and then send me the ConfigCache. :) 

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Actually I just looked myself.

In the gameData/ There is Kerbalism folder, and right under that is the KerbalismConfig folder.

This is how CKan installed it.

I tried copying the KerbalismConfig folder into the Kerbalism folder, and that just made me get 132 errors, rather than 2 errors.

Edited by LadyAthena

@LadyAthena @Lisias Oh damn, sorry. I meant to say GameData/KerbalismConfig/ Where the hell did my mind go at that exact point? :( 

You should have:

• GameData/Kerbalism/
  • GameData/KerbalismConfig/

I can't imagine why CKAN is doing GameData/Kerbalism/KerbalismConfig/for you. It hasn't done so for me. Delete your your CKAN/ folder (it is beside GameData, not inside it.) or otherwise refresh your CKAN install and try again.