General thoughts on a multiplayer mode for ksp without timewarp

General thoughts on a multiplayer mode for ksp  

41 members have voted

1. 1. As we know, timewarp is wonky on multiplayer. IF you could have a multiplayer feature, BUT it couldn't have timewarp, would you still want it?

• Hell yes!
    • Eh... nope!
  2. 2. What type of game you think you are most likely to play on a KSP multiplayer mode that had limited or no access to timewarp?

• Coop build things!
    • War games! (with weapon mods)
    • Competitive racing!
    • I would play a different type of game. (name it on the comments)

On 10/27/2018 at 12:04 AM, Jalaris said:

(which isn't possible in a multiplayer game)

To be clear: timewarp is currently possible in DMP mod, but it de-syncs players, as they are able to warp independently and end up in different time frames. Good for sci-fi material, bad for MP gamaplay.

I´ve just remembered an on-line mechwarrior game from several years ago... I don´t remember if you could actually play or just set the mechwarrior´s desired skills to develop. Then, you could let the things save on the server and reconnect a few hours or days later, and see the progress - and perform some other decisions. 
The first "style" that comes to my mind when I think about a multiplayer for Kerbal, is something like Tribal Wars. Let´s say, you meet and join other players at a previous combined time, play together as long as the team wishes, and then discuss about and agree the next steps of the mission (or whatever) for some fixed new time.
Maybe, the server could have an option where it would either authorize one player to play that session alone OR it would require at least a minimum of those previous authorized players to join the mission, so to avoid someone or any other player to log in and screw everything up, just as a prankster. That way, there woould be no need to kill any kind of long, tedious extraplanetary transfers. The log-off could be some kind of pre-estabilished medium-long sleep for the crew (just like Insterstellar´s Endurance crew did until reach Saturn).
Still, for me, the best thing that could happen in a KSP multiplayer would be something like playing Tribes 2 or Op.Flashpoint on-line, where some could take care of the piloting, while other players could EVA and perform science and engineering stuff, without the necessity of any kind of probes or unmanned technology. Take me as a bad example: I´ve veen playing KSP fro several weeks, but my piloting skills have killed the crew almost every time I turn MechJeb2.0 off :-D . It was the same when I used to pilot Helicopters in OFP or warships on Tribes 2.... In the other hand, I´ve been turning into a ninja-master for the engineering stuff to repack a LOT of chutes as fast as the gravity pull requires! :-D

Edited by Cataclism

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.