Any mod recommendations for making docking harder/less forgiving?

I'm new to the game and so far I really enjoy docking manoeuvres most of all, but dislike that it basically does the last few meters for you. Are there any mods that tone down the range of the magnetic lock and/or the speed you can make contact at (probably harder to adjust considering the mag-lock almost forces the contact speed), or anything else to that effect to put a wee bit of the challenge back in? Cheers :)

I'm not sure if there's one out there already made, but if you don't mind getting your hands a little bit dirty you should be able to do it yourself with a MM config that adds the appropriate lines to the ModuleDockingNode modules of the docking ports.

For example this should just outright disable the magnetic lock since it won't have any pulling force.

@PART[dockingPort2]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		acquireForce = 0
	}
}

Edit: This would require you have Module Manager downloaded.

Edited by FungusForge

Tweakable Everything has adjustments for magnet strength, among myriad other things

MandatoryRCS makes docking significantly more realistic and challenging - it's chiefly a reaction wheel nerf, forcing you to use properly complex powerful and balanced RCS systems to be able to maneuver and dock at all.  It also disables the stock behavior where all rotations are cancelled with even a tiny blip of timewarp (an easy stock cheat that makes docking much easier); in fact it makes rotation persistent through timewarp.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.