1.5.1 Hotfix

UomoCapra

Some players reported an issue regarding aerodynamics, which was applying body lift in the wrong direction. After some in-depth examination, we noticed that some of the code written for the asteroid physics revamp was interfering with the aerodynamic physics in certain circumstances, so we are releasing this Hotfix to deal with this specific issue.

Thanks and happy launchings :)

Thank you for this quick hotfix to fix the important bugs we were facing since the 1.5 release. Cannot wait to start my career!

But if I can be completely honest. In my opinion back in the days when we had pre-releases, issues like these could have been resolved before the actual release. Just a thought ;) 

Edited by damonvv

Speaking of aerodynamics, at this point I'm surprised TTI / PD hasn't approached Michael Ferra about licensing and integrating Ferram Aerospace Research. I know aerodynamics is hard, but so's rocketry and orbital mechanics, and we seem to be able to manage those.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Thank you for this quick hotfix to fix the important bugs we were facing since the 1.5 release. Cannot wait to start my career!

But if I can be completely honest. In my opinion back in the days when we had pre-releases, issues like these could have been resolved before the actual release. Just a thought ;) 

I just realized that, why don't we anyways?

Thanks Squad for the quick fix. I think I speak for the vast majority of the KSP community when I say that we're excited for the continued updates and support, and how far along you've brought this game. You'll always have a crowd that support you and are thankful for what you've done - made our dreams of flight just a little more real to us.

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

IIRC the release that spent months in public beta had several patches shortly after launch, just like every version of KSP in recent memory.

4 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

their Vostok pods and Voskhod Pea Pomegranate  and Onion

Huh.  So they are.  I stand corrected.

Maybe in a MH update, but probably not the base game.  There's likely a suggestion thread here somewhere you could add your voice to.

7 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I wonder what the over/under is on what the final 1.5.x version will be?  1.5.3?

You know, I was a bit disappointed by 1.4.5. We tied the number of hotfixes with 1.0.5 and 0.8.5, but we didn't set a new record. Let's go for 1.5.6!

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Let's go for 1.5.6!

Those poor modders......

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Does that even count as a Hotfix?  I mean, at that point, they were still trying to get the Mun to stay in the sky and gravity to not point left.

Is there a patch to take it from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1?

or do I need to download the whole 1.5.1. (I get the game direct from KSP website, NOT steam.)

EDIT: NVM, I found the Upgrade Patch list.

Edited by BlackHat

Found a few issues in the mission builder in Making History...

* If you set a node to activate once N time has elapsed, it will auto-activate if the player restarts the mission no matter how far out it's set to
* A number of trigger conditions won't happen if the conditions check current vessel and (specific vessel) when current vessel IS the specific vessel, nor will they activate if "current vessel" is a Kerbal on EVA
* Checks for if a vessel has entered the SOI of a planet only happen when current vessel changes SOI; not a big issue normally, but problematic if you're warping Kerbals and/or ships about for mission purposes

Edited by SkyRender

The Mac version doesn't seem to work yet. I updated, the game started fine, but froze when I tried to go into the tracking station. I waited 10 minutes. I'll try to update again in a few days. And anyway I need to wait for MechJeb to be updated, if it's ever updated.