1.5.1 Hotfix

UomoCapra

9 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

You know, I was a bit disappointed by 1.4.5. We tied the number of hotfixes with 1.0.5 and 0.8.5, but we didn't set a new record. Let's go for 1.5.6!

Nah man. It would have to be 1.5.7 because don't forget that 1.0.5 had a "silent update" without a change to the version number :)

16 minutes ago, Nuke said:

i usually wait a couple weeks for all the inevitable point releases to roll out.

It's kinda nice that GoG lags behind a few days to a week with their Linux releases.  I get to see all the issues before I even can try it.

It might be awhile before I play 1.5 anyway.  I mean, I just recently let go of 1.3.1.

19 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Some players reported an issue regarding aerodynamics, which was applying body lift in the wrong direction. After some in-depth examination, we noticed that some of the code written for the asteroid physics revamp was interfering with the aerodynamic physics in certain circumstances, so we are releasing this Hotfix to deal with this specific issue.

Thanks and happy launchings :)

Hi Squad

Where are you on bug fixes for Enhanced Edition?

We've heard nothing in months, and game breaking bugs are being marked as "low priority" in the tracker.

ES

56 minutes ago, Ephraim Stone said:

Hi Squad

Where are you on bug fixes for Enhanced Edition?

We've heard nothing in months, and game breaking bugs are being marked as "low priority" in the tracker.

ES

We are currently working on KSP Enhanced Edition on both PS4 and XB1. We will give you more details in an upcoming Newsletter.

3 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Is that snarkiness I hear from Deddly??

stirring_the_pot_postcard-rc40965b31d5a4e818e0b914f6d5857e7_vgbaq_8byvr_540.jpg

Naaaw. I don't have anything at all against hotfixes. I tend to view every major update as a beta release and I am in no great rush to update. That silent update was madness, though :P

Mmmmmm and now we wait for the mod updates! Woohoo!

Was the aero bug the only major flaw in the 1.5 update? Hard to believe 1.5.1 was pushed just to fix that. Not like thats a bad thing, I just get the feeling squad is pretty reserved when it comes to pushing revision updates

11 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Hard to believe 1.5.1 was pushed just to fix that. Not like thats a bad thing, I just get the feeling squad is pretty reserved when it comes to pushing revision updates

Well, the aero but was a pretty serious one that needed to be fixed ASAP, I would imagine. I suppose the seriousness of that depends on your play style.

13 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Well, the aero but was a pretty serious one that needed to be fixed ASAP, I would imagine. I suppose the seriousness of that depends on your play style.

Very true. I agree with the hotfix push dont get me wrong. Im just suprised its the only thing addressed. I joined the community around 1.3 with only a handful of revisions between 1.3 and 1.5(5 revisions was it?) Im used to seeing updates containing a plethora of fixes. And I actually enjoy reading those changelogs. This one was pretty short, as sweet as it is :wink:

Eitherway its great to see squad take swift action on such a thing, showing true dedication to their product and to this great community.

2 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Was the aero bug the only major flaw in the 1.5 update? Hard to believe 1.5.1 was pushed just to fix that. Not like thats a bad thing, I just get the feeling squad is pretty reserved when it comes to pushing revision updates

This is part of our new release process. Minor version releases will be hot fixes with very specific bugs being tackled. Less urgent bugs will be fixed but added to the next major version instead. This allow us to react faster to important bugs and at the same time move sooner to working on the next update. 

2 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I joined the community around 1.3 with only a handful of revisions between 1.3 and 1.5(5 revisions was it?)

1.4.1 came out so quickly after 1.4 that GoG didn't even bother with building a 1.4 installer.

22 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

1.4.1 came out so quickly after 1.4 that GoG didn't even bother with building a 1.4 installer.

1.4.1 was a scheduled release to go with the release of Making History. It wasn't a hot fix. Also 1.4.5 was a scheduled release that introduced several new features as Steam cloud and Steam Workshop among others. So it's not accurate to say that we released 5 patches for 1.4. 

30 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What is 'GoG'?

Good Old Games. They used to take (as in buy or license. It was all legit) old abandoned games, slap an emulator around them, and sell them cheap. Then a bit over 5 years ago they started selling new games but using the same web-based Steam-like-but-not-a-resource-hog system to sell and patch games. I don't recall right now but I think they also require the games to be DRM free.

I am trying hard to not inject opinion on this but suffice it to say they do some things well and others not so well.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:00 PM, damonvv said:

Thank you for this quick hotfix to fix the important bugs we were facing since the 1.5 release. Cannot wait to start my career!

But if I can be completely honest. In my opinion back in the days when we had pre-releases, issues like these could have been resolved before the actual release. Just a thought ;) 

On 10/18/2018 at 5:30 PM, jdb326 said:

I just realized that, why don't we anyways?

Because we, as a community, made a really big deal out of it that it was insulting and unfair to some players to have pre-releases tested by other players. So now they don't; basically because we asked Squad not to do pre-releases anymore.

18 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Because we, as a community, made a really big deal out of it that it was insulting and unfair to some players to have pre-releases tested by other players. So now they don't; basically because we asked Squad not to do pre-releases anymore.

Last time they did pre-releases, it was available for everyone on Steam as well as the KSP store. GoG was missed out, though.