Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius Kerman

Maybe not a problem perhaps but still...

Question

Have the XBOX One Enhanced version.  I enjoy building flying, failing and flailing about... however... the controller controls seem to pale in comparison to the, uh, other versions that I'm seeing the original engineers.  I can plug one of their fancy multi-button keyboard doohickies into my control console and use my other applications with it, but KSP doesn't seem to pay attention to it.  Even when asking for just names, I can't enter them with the multi-key controller and have to use my hand-fitting ergonomic multi-stick controller to do it.

Any chance I'm just missing something and I can magically access the 101 key multi-button controller that most of my fellow Kerman Space Engineer's are using?  Just curious.

Also, a little 'finer' control when in snap mode would be awesome.  I have to exit snap mode and fuss around with the sticks for what is usually a minute or so to get that part placed 'just right'.  Doesn't mean I fly the craft any better but sometimes that itty bitty little bit helps.

5 answers to this question

For KSP on the console, it does not work with an external keyboard, regardless of what type of keyboard it is. It is not a bug or issue, the developers have just completely disabled external keyboard input into the game. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the response, it is what I had expected, but hoped was not the case.  I love the flexibility that having both controllers would offer, even if I had to toggle them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tiberius Kerman said:

Thank you for the response, it is what I had expected, but hoped was not the case.  I love the flexibility that having both controllers would offer, even if I had to toggle them.

Hope I helped you with your query! :)

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Hope I helped you with your query! :)

You certainly did... Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius Kerman said:

You certainly did... Thank you.

: )