will be updates of KSP Enhanced Edition??

On 2/2/2019 at 12:27 AM, Invenisso said:

KSP Enhanced Edition is getting a substantial update fairly soon, and with it, console players will be able to deploy fully steerable personal parachutes, along with a number of other things that we will be revealing along the way. Stay tuned!

KSP Enhanced Edition

As we disclosed in the last edition of KSP Loading…, we are currently working on a substantial update for KSP on consoles and it will include various items that the PC version currently has. It is important to note that there always will be differences between the PC and console versions. For instance, if we were to bring Update 1.5 to consoles, we would have to do an entirely new port, something that would take a massive amount of time and resources to achieve and would retract from the overall progress of the game. Instead, we are working on a console-optimized update that will take bits and pieces of all updates we have released after 1.2.1; some of the ones that people like the most. Just to name a couple examples, this next update will include several revamped parts, the variant switcher, and a number of other things that we will be revealing along the way.

We know that console players also want to enjoy new content and we are aiming to provide our players with a content-filled package that not only will solve known issues, but give console players more reasons to continue playing KSP from the comfort of their couches.

Fairly soon :P I actually don´t care too much as it runs fairly good on the box and once used to the steering it´s not one bit less of fun either more buggy as it is on PC. In the beginning I thought it was a nice way to let my children experiment with this thing without being in constant fear they set my PC on fire somehow. Meanwhile it became my first choice since I learned I actually don´t want any mods anymore. Once 3 months off you spend more time to update and getting rid of outdated stuff than it´s actually worth. So, I´m looking forward to fairly soon!

On 2/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, HUG said:

Fairly soon :P I actually don´t care too much as it runs fairly good on the box and once used to the steering it´s not one bit less of fun either more buggy as it is on PC. In the beginning I thought it was a nice way to let my children experiment with this thing without being in constant fear they set my PC on fire somehow. Meanwhile it became my first choice since I learned I actually don´t want any mods anymore. Once 3 months off you spend more time to update and getting rid of outdated stuff than it´s actually worth. So, I´m looking forward to fairly soon!

Very true indeed. Disadvantages of the console version are paradoxically its advantages:

• no mods, no customizations - so you have to just focus on playing and getting fun
  • pad steering - when you master "radial preset" it is more convenient than mouse:
    • you can move cursor and camera at the same time (two analog sticks on pad)
    • flying rockets and planes with joystick is more intuitive than WSAD
    • you don't need to move hands - you keep them on the pad all the time

Also - there is no Windows with its continuous updates, reboots and distractions.

And we have almighty suspend mode on PS4/XBOX ONE - you suspend playing when you want and resume within 20 seconds.

Of course there are bugs and lack of many features in console version - so updates and further development are welcome.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:08 PM, Invenisso said:

Very true indeed. Disadvantages of the console version are paradoxically its advantages:

Dang you don´t even know how right you are here man. Even the 10 Action Groups restriction forced me into brainwork for better solutions in combining Actions into one Group, which resulted in hilarious ideas I never even considered thinking about on PC. It´s just super satisfying to see these things work in the end.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:27 AM, Invenisso said:

There will be update "fairly soon". See:

Unfortunatelally the "soon" can mean "more than one year in the future" on the Console KSP. We are promissed to get working version soon for more than 2,5 years.

The new promised update scares me. It should bring new features? I expect additional new bugs too? I would prefer for them to finish the version we have, iron out the bugs and let us just enjoy it. If this update is buggy and we will wait another year for another update, than what is the point?

2 hours ago, Agarwel said:

Unfortunatelally the "soon" can mean "more than one year in the future" on the Console KSP. We are promissed to get working version soon for more than 2,5 years.

The new promised update scares me. It should bring new features? I expect additional new bugs too? I would prefer for them to finish the version we have, iron out the bugs and let us just enjoy it. If this update is buggy and we will wait another year for another update, than what is the point?

Just be thankful there is new content. They could have abandoned it, they chose not to

On 2/16/2019 at 10:56 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

At least we are finally getting some news, that's what I was trying to say

Well, we were getting news like this "We are wrking on something, it will be released somewhen" since release. So there is nothing new here :-/ We still dont know what is going to be fixed and if the patch is going to be released this year.

10 hours ago, Agarwel said:

Well, we were getting news like this "We are wrking on something, it will be released somewhen" since release. So there is nothing new here :-/ We still dont know what is going to be fixed and if the patch is going to be released this year.

But we are finally getting some news. Some news is better than no news!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:01 AM, DenTerNG said:

I have XBox and I don't know will be updates of KSP on it. Please help.

P.S. - Sorry if I have mistakes because I'm Russian

They stopped posting weeklies but they do on occasion say something check the announcements tab, but updates do come on ocassion

3 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

They stopped posting weeklies but they do on occasion say something check the announcements tab, but updates do come on ocassion

I really hope the new update is going to be good. My Xbox live Gold runs out soon so I'll need a game to play while I can work on getting more Gold

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I really hope the new update is going to be good. My Xbox live Gold runs out soon so I'll need a game to play while I can work on getting more Gold

I used to be on Xbox before I made the switch but I completely understand how SQUAD gives virtually no information its infuriating 

3 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I used to be on Xbox before I made the switch but I completely understand how SQUAD gives virtually no information its infuriating 

Yep. I had high hopes for EE, as my KSP on PC is stuck on 1.0.0 and even if I had to play it on console and lose mods, it would eliminate the need for having to buy a new pc for a decent FPS and other things

I honestly don’t get all the crying here. Yeah, some updates and new modules would be sweet. Yeah, there are bugs (that’s how software works). But the game isn’t remotely “unplayable” and spouting hyperbole because you’re all QQ that you had a crash and lost a bit of progress is just... kinda sad.

Console dev isn’t always easy. Supporting multiple platforms is rarely easy. Working dev across teams is never easy, especially with disparate roadmaps.

its a good game. Enjoy it or don’t. But whining because it isn’t exactly what you want is useless.

1 hour ago, Xepherys said:

I honestly don’t get all the crying here. Yeah, some updates and new modules would be sweet. Yeah, there are bugs (that’s how software works). But the game isn’t remotely “unplayable” and spouting hyperbole because you’re all QQ that you had a crash and lost a bit of progress is just... kinda sad.

Console dev isn’t always easy. Supporting multiple platforms is rarely easy. Working dev across teams is never easy, especially with disparate roadmaps.

its a good game. Enjoy it or don’t. But whining because it isn’t exactly what you want is useless.

I see where you're coming from, and I agree. Constantly asking 'when's the update coming out' 'I can't play the game' 'Enhanced Edition is dead' just actually ruins the concept of KSP on console

isn't remotely unplayable, well unless you want to go EVA, or do anything else remotely connected to the various bits that not only are broken, but could have been found to be broken with only a moderate amount of testing.

this is the console port all over, the first one and the second one plus the various bug fixes, all of which have been essentially broken, and especially gauling after the lead up to EE was all about the extensive testing, which it appears excluded actually trying to play the game

3 hours ago, Leopard said:

isn't remotely unplayable, well unless you want to go EVA, or do anything else remotely connected to the various bits that not only are broken, but could have been found to be broken with only a moderate amount of testing.

this is the console port all over, the first one and the second one plus the various bug fixes, all of which have been essentially broken, and especially gauling after the lead up to EE was all about the extensive testing, which it appears excluded actually trying to play the game

Weird, my Kerbal EVA all the time - on bodies and in space. I must have a special copy of the game. I’m not saying there aren’t bugs. I’m not even saying that some folk don’t have issues with EVA. But it’s clearly not so broken that it’s unplayable because, well, people around the world play it every day on console.

Like I said, all the hyperbole is useless. Have an issue? Report a bug. Ta da! If you want a flawless, bug free game, good luck. If you want a game that’s going to have weekly updates to fix things, only buy AAA titles with multi-million dollar budgets and loot boxes to cover the cost.

if you want to play a game that’s actually unique and interesting, there are going to be trade-offs. That’s just how it is.

On 3/1/2019 at 3:57 PM, Xepherys said:

Weird, my Kerbal EVA all the time - on bodies and in space. I must have a special copy of the game. I’m not saying there aren’t bugs. I’m not even saying that some folk don’t have issues with EVA. But it’s clearly not so broken that it’s unplayable because, well, people around the world play it every day on console.

Like I said, all the hyperbole is useless. Have an issue? Report a bug. Ta da! If you want a flawless, bug free game, good luck. If you want a game that’s going to have weekly updates to fix things, only buy AAA titles with multi-million dollar budgets and loot boxes to cover the cost.

if you want to play a game that’s actually unique and interesting, there are going to be trade-offs. That’s just how it is.

if this was some freebee or shareware game the "there are bugs, deal with it" attitude would be reasonable.

this isn't, this is a commercial product which could well be a useful case study in how not to manage porting a PC game to consoles.

I've had numerous bugs in the game, usually Kerbals going unresponsive on EVA or just being unable to get back into a capsule (controls non-reponsive) or the "no target" but that stops you going back to the space centre.

its just too flaky for a game that needs the time investment KSP does, its a wonderful game, and if it ever actually works properly will be wonderful to play as well - as it stands if you stick to sandbox mode it works, just work what you want to do as single flights.

I guess the final comment sums it up, personally I don't trade quality off against testing and workability, when the community is finding bugs very shortly after release that really should have been found previously its not "just how it is", not helped by this being a console release where you don't get the option not to install an update before finding out if its better or not.

currently I seldom play this, whats the point when you can't trust it to remain stable?

42 minutes ago, Leopard said:

if this was some freebee or shareware game the "there are bugs, deal with it" attitude would be reasonable.

this isn't, this is a commercial product which could well be a useful case study in how not to manage porting a PC game to consoles.

I've had numerous bugs in the game, usually Kerbals going unresponsive on EVA or just being unable to get back into a capsule (controls non-reponsive) or the "no target" but that stops you going back to the space centre.

its just too flaky for a game that needs the time investment KSP does, its a wonderful game, and if it ever actually works properly will be wonderful to play as well - as it stands if you stick to sandbox mode it works, just work what you want to do as single flights.

I guess the final comment sums it up, personally I don't trade quality off against testing and workability, when the community is finding bugs very shortly after release that really should have been found previously its not "just how it is", not helped by this being a console release where you don't get the option not to install an update before finding out if its better or not.

currently I seldom play this, whats the point when you can't trust it to remain stable?

There is a new update coming, they've stated it in numerous KSP Loading's. With new updates come bug fixes, and although just saying 'they're working on it' is getting tiresom. The KSP team (SQUAD), is only a small company (When compared to other game companies), and to be managing two platforms at once is actually pretty difficult. Yes, the bugs are extremely frustrating (I decided to get back into EE yesterday and couldn't even do a surface sample), but the new update should hopefully fix issues such as that

- Cat

2 hours ago, Leopard said:

Well, whether it’s free or “commercial” (which aren’t actually opposites anyway, but we’ll skip that) isn’t relevant. Software has bugs. Software has always had bugs and will always have bugs.

I work for a large company that develops software for banks. That’s pretty mission critical. Various software can sell for tens of thousands of dollars plus licensing. Guess what? It all still has bugs. And as a QA Coordinator, of course I hate when bugs ship. But it’s also the nature of the beast. Microsoft has been making Windows in some form or another for decades. Guess what? Every version STILL has bugs. Every version in the future will also have bugs. And companies pay huge fees to license Windows for a thousand seats or more.

Console development is more difficult than PC development, generally speaking. You have the benefit of a static platform, but the negatives of a semi-blackbox environment for dev and testing, and a lesser ability to provide patches on the fly. Porting a game to console from PC is harder still because you don’t have full access to the engineers that wrote it initially, and even when you do they often don’t know the ins and outs of the platform,

In the end, if you find the game too big-riddled to play, I totally get not playing it. But this recent trend of crying about bugs in games in ridiculous. I’ve been a gamer for over thirty years now, and bugs have ALWAYS existed in games. Always, always, always. Being all hurt and angry because you paid $20 for a game that has issues is the height of insanity, in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Source?

forgot there name but they said that squad has quaterly realese date and they also said that for example 1.6 was released december 19th and that would put 1.7 around march 19th i could be completley wrong but it would be nice if it was released then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.