will be updates of KSP Enhanced Edition??

21 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

. We're still on 1.1. 

Actually 1.2.1

1 hour ago, sicko kerman said:

forgot there name but they said that squad has quaterly realese date and they also said that for example 1.6 was released december 19th and that would put 1.7 around march 19th i could be completley wrong but it would be nice if it was released then.

The 1.7 is for the PC version of KSP, and not for Enhanced Edition. PC and Enhanced Edition are two separate things

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Actually 1.2.1

The 1.7 is for the PC version of KSP, and not for Enhanced Edition. PC and Enhanced Edition are two separate things

According to the KSP Loading, the next update is "very soon", so take that as you will. What's another month for me? I've got Ace Combat 7 and DW2 to keep me occupied until then. 

On 3/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, Leopard said:

we were told the first edition would be fixed "very soon", it took what? 18 months? and wht it was replaced with was if anything even more broken in some ways

Really? The original console version was buggy as hell. This one only has a few bugs that certainly do affect things, but when compared to the first edition this one is better. And they're referring to the major update coming out, I believe you're referring to KSP console being replaced by Enhanced Edition, not about the update

10 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Really? The original console version was buggy as hell. This one only has a few bugs that certainly do affect things, but when compared to the first edition this one is better. And they're referring to the major update coming out, I believe you're referring to KSP console being replaced by Enhanced Edition, not about the update

Folk just want to complain. Saying that EE is “even more broken” than the initial console release is so utterly and demonstrably ridiculous that it isn’t even worth debating.

9 hours ago, Xepherys said:

Folk just want to complain. Saying that EE is “even more broken” than the initial console release is so utterly and demonstrably ridiculous that it isn’t even worth debating.

It's all so tiresom

1st port worked pretty well, until your game save got above a certain size, then it started to crap out and there was no point going on

"EE" when released had non-functional on screen controls, career mode with parts purchase price in R&D simply didn't work, controls locking you in a capsule an unable to return to KSC was common.

my point is none of that should have got through testing, occasional edge case stuff as bugs is different, but basic functionality not working is poor QA, the "its software, its got bugs, deal with it" attitude is why we keep ending up here, its for some reason considered normal "ship it anyway and patch it later!" is not the way to get to a good quality product

On 3/6/2019 at 3:15 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

And they're referring to the major update coming out, I believe you're referring to KSP console being replaced by Enhanced Edition, not about the update

I belive that he is reffering mainly to the time frame, that "after 18 months" has been presented "soon".

And if I rememeber correctly they mentioned new patch with "soon" info in October? 5 month ago. So if they promisse something soon again, what should we expect? Weeks? Months? Years?

It really reminds me beggining of the movie Snatch: "It was three minutes, five minutes ago!"

On 11/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, LegendaryAce said:

Well as of now KSP is too frustrating with the constant framerate drops and bugs. So Elite is the only space game I've got left. And don't even bother telling me about No Man's Sky. Tried it, and didn't like it. 

Imagine how much your device has to do when you are playing KSP. It is almost imposible to make it to run at least at 10fps, what has Squad done is incredible.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:43 PM, Invenisso said:

We have release date : March 21st.

Well fingers crossed this one works, would prefer “zero known bugs” over new features but will wait and see, if bugs left are edge case stuff you can (easily) avoid it should be good

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It isn't gone, @Agarwel. It's just been delayed so that they can fix some bugs 

Wow. Delayed! Why am I getting a huge dose of deja vu? Thanks Squad. You got my hopes up and promptly gave me my reason back to distrust you. 

Just now, LegendaryAce said:

Wow. Delayed! Why am I getting a huge dose of deja vu? Thanks Squad. You got my hopes up and promptly gave me my reason back to distrust you. 

They're delaying it for a good reason. If they released it as planned, there would be complaints about the new bugs. Instead they're fixing them. Isn't that good of them to do that? 

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

They're delaying it for a good reason. If they released it as planned, there would be complaints about the new bugs. Instead they're fixing them. Isn't that good of them to do that? 

The fact that they still have to fix bugs after we got a release date for an update does not bode well for me. If they missed some and have to fix them now, what else are they gonna miss?

18 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

If they missed some and have to fix them now, what else are they gonna miss?

The ones they didn't had time to test until the new Release time. :)

The problem is not the bug being found - this is proof that they are doing their job right.

The release date apparently was set on a perhaps too optimistic mindset. But, frankly, for a sofware being deployed electronically and without the need of a supply chain that would be allocated to the logistics (and so would be earning money by doing nothing), this is not really a problem.

It's frustrating, but that's all the real problem they will have to cope: frustrated users.

Angry customers are way worse.

12 minutes ago, Lisias said:

The ones they didn't had time to test until the new Release time. :)

The problem is not the bug being found - this is proof that they are doing their job right.

The release date apparently was set on a perhaps too optimistic mindset. But, frankly, for a sofware being deployed electronically and without the need of a supply chain that would be allocated to the logistics (and so would be earning money by doing nothing), this is not really a problem.

It's frustrating, but that's all the real problem they will have to cope: frustrated users.

Angry customers are way worse.

Yeah, I know. But it's disappointing because I was looking forward to launching KSP for the first time in months seeing a nice new update. I even had automatic downloads enabled so I wouldn't have to wait. But finding out it was delayed just hurts. 

But finding out it was delayed just hurts. 

It hurts for a lot of people (including me) but ranting about it and blaming the devs for everything (as some people have done) isn't going to help. We all just need to be patient

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It hurts for a lot of people (including me) but ranting about it and blaming the devs for everything (as some people have done) isn't going to help. We all just need to be patient

I'm not blaming the devs. I'm blaming preemptive release date announcements. 

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

blaming the devs for everything (as some people have done

(As some people have done)

14 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

That's not a bad thing.  It means something came up that they caught before release.  Which is exactly what everyone crying in here has been crying they don't do well enough.

I test software until the day it gets to a client site.  Long after alpha and beta and RC phases have passed.  A GA release of software can (and almost certainly will) still have bugs, and if it's big enough to not go out the door, a thirteenth hour catch is good.  I'd rather delays than a game-breaking bug getting released and hosing my saves... wouldn't you?

So, everyone's been QQ they should have caught these things.  Now they catch something and push release and it's QQ they shouldn't have announced.  Well, there's no perfectly bug-free software, and an infinite future release date is useless.  You give a date based on the tail end of your project wrapping up, and sometimes things go awry.  That's life.  If it happens to companies paying tens of thousands of dollars for software, it's going to happen to folk paying $10 for DLC.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:01 PM, Xepherys said:

That's not a bad thing.  It means something came up that they caught before release.  Which is exactly what everyone crying in here has been crying they don't do well enough.

I test software until the day it gets to a client site.  Long after alpha and beta and RC phases have passed.  A GA release of software can (and almost certainly will) still have bugs, and if it's big enough to not go out the door, a thirteenth hour catch is good.  I'd rather delays than a game-breaking bug getting released and hosing my saves... wouldn't you?

So, everyone's been QQ they should have caught these things.  Now they catch something and push release and it's QQ they shouldn't have announced.  Well, there's no perfectly bug-free software, and an infinite future release date is useless.  You give a date based on the tail end of your project wrapping up, and sometimes things go awry.  That's life.  If it happens to companies paying tens of thousands of dollars for software, it's going to happen to folk paying $10 for DLC.

Wise words from wise man.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.