Some Mods wont work for me

So, most mods work for me, like mods that add items or parts into the game, but for some reason, mods that add visual enhancement, or add planets or objects in space don't work for me, even though I follow and do what they say to do. Maybe I'm dumb, but if anyone could help me out, that would be great, since I wanna improve my games visual appeal, and add more planets n' stuff.

You'll need to get more specific on which specific mods work and don't, and what version your game and mods are.

I have a feeling you're missing dependencies or have incompatible versions.  I have seen, on occasion, that even though the mod thread is updated, one of the repository links isn't.  Say, a mod is updated, the Spacedock link is good, the Github link is good, but the Curseforge link is an older version.

Geonovast -

The mods I'm trying to use are Kerbal Star System, and Kerbal Exo-planet.

I've tried everything but they won't work.

Also I think the problem is I need KSP in 64bit, but I can't get it to work, and I don't know why it isn't working for me

Edit -  I have installed module Manager

Edited by DatMan

3 hours ago, DatMan said:

Geonovast -

The mods I'm trying to use are Kerbal Star System, and Kerbal Exo-planet.

I've tried everything but they won't work.

Also I think the problem is I need KSP in 64bit, but I can't get it to work, and I don't know why it isn't working for me

Edit -  I have installed module Manager

Find the 64 bit in the directory. If it does not open, i think someone else had similar problems and the solution should be found in the first 2 pages of the forum.

Also, can you confirm that all mods are compatible with your version of ksp?

16 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Find the 64 bit in the directory. If it does not open, i think someone else had similar problems and the solution should be found in the first 2 pages of the forum.

Also, can you confirm that all mods are compatible with your version of ksp?

First off, I am using a macbook :P

Second off, Kopernicus is at 1.5.0-1 but kerbal star system is that 1.4.4. But when I tried switching versions to 1.4.4, it still didn't work, so I'm pretty sure it is the 64 bit thing.

But the problem is, and I don't know why, but all the methods people say to make KSP run at 64 bit don't work for me. 

Edited by DatMan

Kopernicus is tied to an exact ksp version, and as far as I can tell hasn't been updated for version for 1.5.1 yet.  That means that Kopernicus, and anything that depends on Kopernicus won't work with 1.5.1 until it gets an update. 

I recommend never playing a modded KSP career in the steam installation folder, but move/copy the KSP folder to another location before installing mods.  That way steam will never unexpectedly update the version of KSP you are  playing.  (That works fine on windows, and I expect it will work on a Mac as well).

(The reasons for the version lock are in the kopernicus thread.   https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-150-1-backports-kopernicus-kittopiatech/&do=findComment&comment=3471447  .  Feel free to read them, but even if you don't agree, please don't complain about the mod authors decision.

Edited by AVaughan

6 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Kopernicus is tied to an exact ksp version, and as far as I can tell hasn't been updated for version for 1.5.1 yet.  That means that Kopernicus, and anything that depends on Kopernicus won't work with 1.5.1 until it gets an update. 

I recommend never playing a modded KSP career in the steam installation folder, but move/copy the KSP folder to another location before installing mods.  That way steam will never unexpectedly update the version of KSP you are  playing.  (That works fine on windows, and I expect it will work on a Mac as well).

(The reasons for the version lock are in the kopernicus thread.   https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-150-1-backports-kopernicus-kittopiatech/&do=findComment&comment=3471447  .  Feel free to read them, but even if you don't agree, please don't complain about the mod authors decision.

Thank you for say that, but I'm still confused on how moving the KSP folder to another location would help me with my mod problem. 

For mods that are only compatible with a particular KSP version (eg Kopernicus, and probably some of the visual mods you are also having trouble with) you first need to get the version of the mod that matches your version of KSP.  (As far as I'm aware virtually all mods that work on modern version of KSP will work correctly with 64bit, so 64bit shouldn't be an issue.  Indeed if the mod author say a mod is compatible with 1.5.x, then by definition it needs to be 64bit compatible, since there is no 32 bit version of 1.5.x).

Once you have your mods working, you also need to make sure that Steam doesn't update KSP, because an update will mean that the mods, (and hence any saved game that depends on those mods) will break.  (If that happens with a game that uses Kopernicus, then since Kopernicus is used to change/add new/different planets/moons to the system, any satellites/ships that orbit any of the changed planets/moons are likely to have their orbits disrupted, which pretty much wrecks any ongoing missions).  The simplest and most effective way to do that is install your mods into a copy of KSP that isn't under Steam control.

It wasn't (and still isn't) clear whether you were having problems getting Kopernicus working with 1.5.0 or 1.5.1.  (You still haven't answered which precise version of ksp you first tried.  You did mention trying 1.4.4, but it isn't clear what version of kopernicus you tried to use with KSP 1.4.4.  (As far as I can tell there was no Kopernicus release that is compatible with KSP 1.4.4)).  Many planet packs that depend on Kopernicus will probably work with 1.5.1, once there is a compatible Kopernicus release.  In the meantime, you can wait, or you can rollback to KSP 1.4.5 and use one of the kopernicus releases that are compatible with 1.4.5.  (eg https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus-Backport/releases/tag/backport-1.4.5-5 or https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.4.5-4).   (Technically there is a third choice.  If you have the development skills, you could download the source of Kopernicus, make the necessary changes and then build a version that is 1.5.1 compatible.  But if you do that then don't expect any support from the mod author, and don't distribute it to other people, unless you are going to provide them with support).

Copying KSP to another directory won't magically help you get those mods working, but it will help you keep your mods working, by preventing Steam from updating KSP, and was just general advice to anyone who seems new to dealing with version locked mods.

TL;DR You need to get version of your mods that are compatible with your KSP version.  For Kopernicus that means either waiting, or rolling back to 1.4.5.  At a guess the visual mods are probably similar.

13 hours ago, AVaughan said:

For mods that are only compatible with a particular KSP version (eg Kopernicus, and probably some of the visual mods you are also having trouble with) you first need to get the version of the mod that matches your version of KSP.  (As far as I'm aware virtually all mods that work on modern version of KSP will work correctly with 64bit, so 64bit shouldn't be an issue.  Indeed if the mod author say a mod is compatible with 1.5.x, then by definition it needs to be 64bit compatible, since there is no 32 bit version of 1.5.x).

Once you have your mods working, you also need to make sure that Steam doesn't update KSP, because an update will mean that the mods, (and hence any saved game that depends on those mods) will break.  (If that happens with a game that uses Kopernicus, then since Kopernicus is used to change/add new/different planets/moons to the system, any satellites/ships that orbit any of the changed planets/moons are likely to have their orbits disrupted, which pretty much wrecks any ongoing missions).  The simplest and most effective way to do that is install your mods into a copy of KSP that isn't under Steam control.

It wasn't (and still isn't) clear whether you were having problems getting Kopernicus working with 1.5.0 or 1.5.1.  (You still haven't answered which precise version of ksp you first tried.  You did mention trying 1.4.4, but it isn't clear what version of kopernicus you tried to use with KSP 1.4.4.  (As far as I can tell there was no Kopernicus release that is compatible with KSP 1.4.4)).  Many planet packs that depend on Kopernicus will probably work with 1.5.1, once there is a compatible Kopernicus release.  In the meantime, you can wait, or you can rollback to KSP 1.4.5 and use one of the kopernicus releases that are compatible with 1.4.5.  (eg https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus-Backport/releases/tag/backport-1.4.5-5 or https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.4.5-4).   (Technically there is a third choice.  If you have the development skills, you could download the source of Kopernicus, make the necessary changes and then build a version that is 1.5.1 compatible.  But if you do that then don't expect any support from the mod author, and don't distribute it to other people, unless you are going to provide them with support).

Copying KSP to another directory won't magically help you get those mods working, but it will help you keep your mods working, by preventing Steam from updating KSP, and was just general advice to anyone who seems new to dealing with version locked mods.

TL;DR You need to get version of your mods that are compatible with your KSP version.  For Kopernicus that means either waiting, or rolling back to 1.4.5.  At a guess the visual mods are probably similar.

Thank you, I finally understand! :D

Edit - NVM, read post below.

Edited by DatMan

10 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Wait, I Have another problem. Now whenever it tries to load the game on 1,4,5, it just freezes right at the end of the loading sequence, so after the yellow bar, but before the main menu. I don't know what to do.

Out of memory? how much RAM do you have? 

Trying to add planets and clouds will certainly drain your RAM reserves. Running 64bit version is pretty much required to utilize more than 4GB of RAM (or was it 8). Squad has dropped the 32 bit version in 1.5+ but there was never a good reason not to use it unless you have a VERY old computer.

6 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Out of memory? how much RAM do you have? 

Trying to add planets and clouds will certainly drain your RAM reserves. Running 64bit version is pretty much required to utilize more than 4GB of RAM (or was it 8). Squad has dropped the 32 bit version in 1.5+ but there was never a good reason not to use it unless you have a VERY old computer.

I am 99% sure I still have enough storage, the problem I think is that I'm still using the 32bit, and no one has still answered my question of how can I get my macbook to run 64bit.

2 minutes ago, DatMan said:

I am 99% sure I still have enough storage, the problem I think is that I'm still using the 32bit, and no one has still answered my question of how can I get my macbook to run 64bit.

I'm not on Mac so I can't say what it looks like, but look an application with a name like KSP_x64 in your Kerbal Space Program folder. 

If you prefer to start your game through Steam or a shortcut, I've seen instructions around the forum for how to do that.

2 minutes ago, Nightside said:

I'm not on Mac so I can't say what it looks like, but look an application with a name like KSP_x64 in your Kerbal Space Program folder. 

If you prefer to start your game through Steam or a shortcut, I've seen instructions around the forum for how to do that.

I checked all my files, and I can't find one called KSP_x64

6 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Squad removed 32 bit from 1.5.x. So can only be using the 64 bit version.

With that out of the way, the problem is most likely either running out of RAM, or installing mods that are not compatible with 1.5.

I checked I have 117 GB of storage left, and 8GB of memory left.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.