People irritated by Space X launches

Kergarin

I have no clue how I have ended up in this video, but I could not stop laughing about the comments :D

People think they are trying to open the door to another dimension when the falcon booster separates.:D

There is also a group which had all together headaches and other problems when this happened and others who are sure the aircrafts in the video are aliens picking something up :D

Others think they have bounced of the firmament while trying to pierce it :D:D

I can't believe that they are really thinking this... So I have to share it with you

https://youtu.be/vgxsJfGwp48

Edited by Kergarin

Im surprised so many people who live near Vandenberg Air Force base haven't got used to the launches yet. Why don't these people ask their more experienced neighbours? You'd think any normal person would ask the people in their surroundings what is going on rather than jumping to the aliens! conclusion.

3 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Im surprised so many people who live near Vandenberg Air Force base haven't got used to the launches yet. Why don't these people ask their more experienced neighbours? You'd think any normal person would ask the people in their surroundings what is going on rather than jumping to the aliens! conclusion.

They are talking to each other. There is a comment with lots of people living near there who all got headaches and other diseases while they were trying to create this interdimensional portal :D

One of my favourite ones is from a girl who says something like: even someone with the intelligence of a squirrel can clearly see that this rocket did not make it to space, because it did not fly straigt up but sideways.

12 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm. What exactly is in RP1 engine exhaust? Breathing the equivalent from a car or airliner probably wouldn't be advisable.

That's true, but they don't relate it to exhaust gases, they say it's because the space x launch damaged our universe

Edited by Kergarin

7 minutes ago, Kergarin said:

That's true, but they don't relate it to exhaust gases, they say it's because the space x launch damaged our universe

Sure, they lack basic knowledge and come to ludicrous conclusions, but they also may be having symptoms related to the launch.

Reminds me of the "Mandela Effect" crowd. They think we used to be in a different part of our galaxy with a different colored sun and a different atmospheric composition, but at least some of them probably are experiencing actual symptoms of various kinds of paranoia.

4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Reminds me of the "Mandela Effect" crowd. They think we used to be in a different part of our galaxy with a different colored sun and a different atmospheric composition, but at least some of them probably are experiencing actual symptoms of various kinds of paranoia.

Old photographs were printed all in sepia tones, after all.

People like them will always exist.

I don't care anymore about what they say to it. I'm just hoping that they'll benefit from what was made and have a better life. Even if they hated the thing itself.

I remember seeing some particularly awesome photos online after a launch from VAF. 

My Google-Fu is weak at the moment, but how long has it been since the last Titan launch from VAF? Those used to be regular, as the Air Force used them to launch military payloads (recon sats) and did periodic tests when the Titan was still part of the ICBM arsenal.

The colors in the sky from the first stage of the Titan II or III burning up (and/or exploding) on it's way back down where practically trippy psychodelic. I don't know the replacement ICBM (the Minuteman?) is quite so trippy when its first stage comes down. The big difference is that the Titans were mostly liquid fueled and the replacement is a ultra-high performance solid. 

Has the local population changed sufficiently that the old shows have been forgotten?

Or is someone just cherry picking for the most ignorant and stupid in the local population?

Anyway, take care.

Regards

Orc

8 hours ago, Orc said:

I remember seeing some particularly awesome photos online after a launch from VAF. 

My Google-Fu is weak at the moment, but how long has it been since the last Titan launch from VAF? Those used to be regular, as the Air Force used them to launch military payloads (recon sats) and did periodic tests when the Titan was still part of the ICBM arsenal. is a ultra-high performance solid. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_IV

The last launch of a Titan rocket from Vandenberg was on October 19th, 2005, i think.

9 hours ago, Orc said:

Or is someone just cherry picking for the most ignorant and stupid in the local population?

Maybe its the tourists/visitors around the area, or the fact that most people are asleep when these launches happend.

Well, to add my two cents to this, and as someone who has visited the John C. Stennis Space Center (this is where all NASA's vehicle engines are tested), I'd like to share my insights to this. My father lives about an hour away from the center. Back when he was home on leave from the Vietnam War, he could hear them testing the various stages of the Saturn V - from 115 miles away. His brothers even said that when they would test the first stage engines, you could feel the ground shake - again, this is 115 miles away! While my father and his family weren't too bothered by the commotion, they had neighbors who did complain. And they had other neighbors who would wait eagerly outside trying to hear the distant "thunder" and feel the ground's vibrations.

I share this because Americans love to complain. And if everything goes perfect, we find something about perfection to complain about. We have a bad case of NIMBY (not in my back yard), even if it means foregoing progress. Someone like me would never get any sleep - I'd be out there near the Kennedy Space Center with bottle, glass, lawn chair, and 'skeeter coil, ready to watch the launch! But there are others who do complain about the noise, the spectators, and anything else there is to complain about.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:40 AM, Orc said:

This is what news people do in America. Just look at any natural disaster or other tragedy. They always go for the ugliest woman in her night robe and rollers in her hair... to ask her about the tornado that just ripped through the region. Or if they choose a man, he normally seems to be missing half his teeth and looks like he has been dragged down fifty miles of bad country roads! :blink:

I have no real opinion on conspiracists anymore as they just ruin whatever they touch. All I do wish to say, is that I want them far, far, far away from any sort of political office (and in an attempt to follow the no-politics rule I'll explain swiftly why)- if they get elected to office, they will see to stagnating scientific exploration, and vital research that benefits the globe as a whole.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

12 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

... While my father and his family weren't too bothered by the commotion, they had neighbors who did complain. ...

I share this because Americans love to complain. ...

At least be glad that NASA did clear up the area. It could've been a lot worse if they didn't.

12 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

This is what news people do in America.

That's what news people do everywhere. If they'd gone the other way you'd accuse of gov't control.

Proper middle ground would be what BBC used to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.