Realism Overhaul RP-0 RCS thrusters too heavy

Hello there,

I was just building a new spaceship when I realised that every RCS thruster I put onto my ship adds at least 100kg of mass to the total mass. Even the smallest ones. In the description of the thrusters it says they weight between 3 and 14 kg.

Its pretty annoying because as you might imagine it makes a huge difference especially with the upper stages when it suddenly weights 400kg more. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Well as you said I removed the crew from the craft. But now the crafts total mass was over 1000kg lower than with the crew and I changed nothing else. Is that normal?

Besides from that now the RCS thrusters had exactly the mass they should have.

But when I readded the crew to the craft it was just as it was before I removed it. 

Or is it just an bug with the display and it is just fine when I launch the craft?

9 minutes ago, Unieax said:

But now the crafts total mass was over 1000kg lower than with the crew and I changed nothing else. Is that normal?

Since you removed the crew you did change something: the crew count. Apparently you had 10 crew members aboard and their overall mass is not negligible.

11 minutes ago, Unieax said:

But when I readded the crew to the craft it was just as it was before I removed it.  

Or is it just an bug with the display and it is just fine when I launch the craft?

Yes, it is a stock bug where the mass of a single crew member will add up to the mass of each craft part. Yes, it is a visual-only bug. Yes, it will not appear in the flight scene. No, tampering with any of the configuration files will not fix it.

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Since you removed the crew you did change something: the crew count. Apparently you had 10 crew members aboard and their overall mass is not negligible.

Yeah I considered that but I only had the one pilot onboard thats why I was wondering.

But anyways thanks for your help. :D

Edit: Ok I just realised that you said that the mass of one astronaut adds up to every part of the craft. Thats the reason I guess.

Edited by Unieax
Got an idea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.