Asymmetrical Aircraft Challenge

6 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

@Mars-Bound Hokie  I realized just now I never responded to you post. Sorry about that!  Love the lopsided takeoff. That alone was worth the price of admission. Please take you badge.

I did months ago.

By the way, have you tried flying my asymmetrical aircraft (craft file on KerbalX)? Took me a few tries to land it in one piece, but I did it.

2 minutes ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

I did months ago.

By the way, have you tried flying my asymmetrical aircraft (craft file on KerbalX)? Took me a few tries to land it in one piece, but I did it.

Will do. Also planning on rebooting the challenge with slightly different rules. Stay tuned.

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

Here is my first attempt, my plane is really difficult to control but it flies.

https://imgur.com/a/35Kci1P

Awesome!  Thanks for resurrecting the challenge.  Great to see that there is still a market for the bizarre.  Wear your badge with pride.

PS. If you can upload to KerbalX, it would be cool to give it a try.

8 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Awesome!  Thanks for resurrecting the challenge.  Great to see that there is still a market for the bizarre.  Wear your badge with pride.

PS. If you can upload to KerbalX, it would be cool to give it a try.

Sorry, I have a few questions, how do I put on the badge and how do I upload the craft to KerbalX? (I use Mac system)

17 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

Sorry, I have a few questions, how do I put on the badge and how do I upload the craft to KerbalX? (I use Mac system)

Copy the small badge on the original post. (right click, Command  C)

Go to the top right corner of the window where your profile picture is.

Click the drop down menu.

Select Account Settings.

Select Signature.

Paste the badge in the box (Command V).

Edited by Klapaucius

On 2/8/2021 at 9:32 PM, Klapaucius said:

Nothing in this thread is reasonable :kiss:  Thus, you have succeeded admirably.  Thanks for keeping the thread going!  Would love to give it a fly if you are able to post the craft file.

how in god's name do I do that? lol 

I've been in Kerbal for a while just not the community, and I have no idea where to get the craft files.

(edit: it also flies like a shovel)

Edited by Doctor Professor

On 2/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, Doctor Professor said:

I've been in Kerbal for a while just not the community, and I have no idea where to get the craft files.

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Sharing_craft_files

You can also give https://kerbalx.com/CraftManager a try.  I don't use it myself, though, so I can't give any personal opinion on it.

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, Klapaucius said:

No reaction wheels or fly-by-wire.  Internal SAS only, and bonus kudos if you can fly it with SAS off.

Am I allowed to have a single small reaction wheel on a 35 ton plane? I'm planning to fly it to another planet/moon and I'm going to need some kind of attitude control while in vacuum. Obviously, that small of a reaction wheel won't have much of an effect on the plane's stability.

If not, I'll just swap the reaction wheel for a probe core and use the reaction wheel contained there, since I've seen some runs use cockpits which also have reaction wheels.

Edited by camacju

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.