Is MechJeb hate still a thing?

ZootinZack

55 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

MechJeb is arguably the most sophisticated mod ever written for KSP [not wanting to touch off another thread], but it is undoubtedly a Very Sophisticated Opus. 

I once saw a comparison of the lines of code for different (then) popular mods...  MJ was about twice the size of the nearest competitor.  (Kethane I think, but don't quote me on that.)  Yeah, I know LOC isn't a solid metric, but it's not without it's uses.

56 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

As a software engineer, I have the greatest respect for the accomplishment of engineering that MechJeb represents and a great deal of gratitude to Sarbian for performing this astounding feat.

Don't forget r4m0n, MJ's original creator...  and there's a ton of other folks who've contributed code over the years.

On 11/5/2018 at 7:00 AM, Atkara said:

Heh... nowadays you're branded an elitist, just by not using the thing. And don't dare to even imply you don't need it. Sometimes I wonder who really hates whom :P

I wouldn't call anyone who doesn't use it or doesn't need it elitist. I myself don't use it so that'd be a little silly.

Edited by Nutt007
accidentally a few words

8 hours ago, Nutt007 said:

I wouldn't call anyone who doesn't use it or doesn't need it elitist. I myself don't use it so that'd be a little silly.

Obviously I didn't mean you in particular called anyone, anything. That would also have been silly. :)

So from what I can tell.  If you launch into a ~23 degree orbit (from the moon).  Burn ~7300 at earth then burn about ~5900 at mercury to capture costing a total of 13,200 plus correction burns.  Advanced transfer is giving me 5370 at a 0 degree orbit (from the moon) at earth and 11,000 at mercury for a total of 16,370.  It is a lot easier and cheaper to burn the 7300 at earth with hydrolox then the 11,000 at mercury with hypergolics.  Even if you launch into the plane of the moon the earth burn was only 8250 for a total of 14,150.

1 hour ago, Nich said:

@DerekL1963 So I checked and in 1.2.1 RSS my advanced transfer only calculates ejection burn and does not consider capture burn unless there is some option some where I can not find.

Current version of MJ has an "include capture burn" option immediately beneath the advanced transfer porkchop plot ;-0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.