Please help me Troubleshoot my new BattleShip!

Hey everyone!

I have built a ship and it seemed to work.

But, it didn't (as usual...)

The problem:

Every time I do a broadside with the 12 M1-Abrams at once, the ship's opposite side instantly rips open and nearly always crashes the game...

So, can someone help me with this?

Here are the mods required

1.)Firespitter

2.)BDAc (BD Armory Continued)

3.)TweakScale (I think so...)

PS: It might lag, it has over 1500 parts, you see.

(If you have a CoreI7, 8GB of RAM and Intel HD960 Graphics AND a x64 bit Computer Expect to wait around 2-5 MINUTES before seeing the craft and, it has a tendency to break upon splashing things...)

"leT THerE bE bIG bOOm"

I will upload the craft file shortly...

(If you decide to use this craft, go ahead but, please give me credit for spending around a week building it, I had exams in the middle...)

Thanks.

Edited by HyperDraco
Title

5 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

PS: It might lag, it has over 1500 parts, you see.

I don't know anything about BDA, but I think you'll find this an issue, if not the issue.

That is a lot of parts to be moving around on the surface.  It's iffy enough using that many pieces in space.

I have a fairly high end computer, ping me when you get the craft uploaded, and I'll take a gander.

I spent many years as a medic.

People would often say "It hurts when I do this".  

And i would reply "Then don't do that!"

You've built a ship bigger than the unity engine can really handle safely, then you make it shake itself with recoil.   

I think the design is the issue. 

Look up some of the welding mods, and weld your bigger sections together.  It might hurt your armor rating, but it shouldn't explode when you fore the guns. 

2 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

Hey Xd the great,

I have tried to use KJR but, sadly it is not compatible with the edition of KSP I am running... (1.5.0)

If, this does change, do send me the download link!

Thanks to all.

Just for the record, a ksp v 1.5 is incompatible with bdac. I suggest using other versions of thegame, so kjr will be compatible.

But, it works just fine for me, I have not seen any issues as of now

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Just for the record, a ksp v 1.5 is incompatible with bdac. I suggest using other versions of the game, so kjr will be compatible.

Oh and also, how does one downdate their version of Kerbal Space Program? or do you just download an older version of the game?

3 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

But, it works just fine for me, I have not seen any issues as of now

Oh and also, how does one downdate their version of Kerbal Space Program? or do you just download an older version of the game?

Download a older version of ksp. From store or steam.

Well, the mod may run fine, but mod authors cannot provide support.

Sorry @HyperDraco, I think you either just have too many parts, or, way, way too much clipping.  I didn't get too into it because it was pretty choppy in the SPH, but I did see a lot of graphical shimmering.  It did launch, though, and survive for a few seconds.

Had about 4 seconds per frame during the explosion.  What you see is what I saw.  Keep in mind this is a 4.2 Ghz i7-7700K with 32 GB of RAM running at 3333 mhz and a 6GB GTX-1060.

The yellow messages from PhysicsRangeExtender aren't showing up on the screenshots, but the explosion seems to coincide with that finishing doing whatever it's doing.

I think you should start over, and keep part count in mind.

I was going to turn on unbreakable joints... but it was already on.  Is that something BDA does automatically?

621screenshot0.png

286screenshot1.png

cf6screenshot2.png

8fascreenshot3.png

f34screenshot4.png

40ascreenshot6.png

950screenshot7.png

64escreenshot8.png

d25screenshot11.png

7 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Sorry @HyperDraco, I think you either just have too many parts, or, way, way too much clipping.  I didn't get too into it because it was pretty choppy in the SPH, but I did see a lot of graphical shimmering.  It did launch, though, and survive for a few seconds.

Had about 4 seconds per frame during the explosion.  What you see is what I saw.  Keep in mind this is a 4.2 Ghz i7-7700K with 32 GB of RAM running at 3333 mhz and a 6GB GTX-1060.

The yellow messages from PhysicsRangeExtender aren't showing up on the screenshots, but the explosion seems to coincide with that finishing doing whatever it's doing.

I think you should start over, and keep part count in mind.

I was going to turn on unbreakable joints... but it was already on.  Is that something BDA does automatically?

(As an answer, No, I don't think so, it never has for me.)

621screenshot0.png

286screenshot1.png

cf6screenshot2.png

8fascreenshot3.png

f34screenshot4.png

40ascreenshot6.png

950screenshot7.png

64escreenshot8.png

d25screenshot11.png

Hello Geonovast,

The ship seems to load correctly for me and it also moves...

I have  a photo of the ship after destroyed my Corvette ship...

cw93Arm.png
Well I will redesign the ship and hopefully get back to all of you all...
Thank you every one for your help.

PS: This is the Corvette, if you were wondering (I built 3 slightly different versions...)
oU1ckBL.png
Edited by HyperDraco
Adding Images

Oh and also, when I fire only the front 6 or rear 6 cannons in a straight or maybe a 35-40 degree angle the ship doesn't explode, it just does, nothing...

I wonder if the recoil from the cannons firing simultaneously could stress out the opposite side and cause it explode...    

2 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

Oh and also, when I fire only the front 6 or rear 6 cannons in a straight or maybe a 35-40 degree angle the ship doesn't explode, it just does, nothing...

I wonder if the recoil from the cannons firing simultaneously could stress out the opposite side and cause it explode...    

Maybe, some autostruts will help.

5 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

The ship seems to load correctly for me and it also moves...

Wait, so it is loading for you?  What else do you have installed for mods?  I just tested in a fresh install with nothing but the mods you listed installed.  I was also in 1.4.5.

31 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Wait, so it is loading for you?  What else do you have installed for mods?  I just tested in a fresh install with nothing but the mods you listed installed.  I was also in 1.4.5.

As my full list, I have:

OPT V 2.0 SpacePlane Parts and it's dependencies (JSI, Raster Prop monitor, etc...)

Persistent Rotation

ASET

TweakScale

Modular Flight Integrator

Module Manager 3.1.0

BDAc

North Kerbin Dynamics 

and

Firespitter

Hope this helps...

3 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Maybe, some autostruts will help.

I currently have AutoStruts enabled (I think...)

If not then where can I enable it?

Thanks

Have you tried using Modular Flight Integrator?

1 minute ago, Xd the great said:

Apart from the outdated mods that are incompatible with ksp v 1.5, which i assume you run on, the mod list seems fine to me.

Advanced tweakables, in settings.

Copy that, thanks

Ok, so, since I don't know squat about BDA, but I loaded the needed mods and the ship into my main install (1.4.5) which includes KJR and World Stabilizer (among many other mods) and things seem ok.  The ship doesn't explode, and all the guns seems to be working alright.

f79screenshot58.png

Funny note though, initially I tried to load a second one right after the first one exploded.  I couldn't even focus on the ship because debris was still falling after the second one loaded.  Just for S&G I checked out map view, and some of the pieces had made it into SOLAR ORBIT

bb8screenshot51.png

c16screenshot54.png

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Oh, I don't have a link, but I have played with some the ship parts mods.   Entire ship hulls in 3-4 parts.   Take a look at those.  

Can you please post a link for those mods? I shall take a look at them soon!

On 10/24/2018 at 2:46 AM, Geonovast said:

Ok, so, since I don't know squat about BDA, but I loaded the needed mods and the ship into my main install (1.4.5) which includes KJR and World Stabilizer (among many other mods) and things seem ok.  The ship doesn't explode, and all the guns seems to be working alright.

f79screenshot58.png

Funny note though, initially I tried to load a second one right after the first one exploded.  I couldn't even focus on the ship because debris was still falling after the second one loaded.  Just for S&G I checked out map view, and some of the pieces had made it into SOLAR ORBIT

bb8screenshot51.png

c16screenshot54.png

Well, I have you beat, Some of mine made it into INTERSTELLAR ORBIT  (Escape Trajectory from the Sun!)

Do not ask me how, please.

Oh and a tip, press the Barrage Button to set the guns into Salvo mode, that is when my problem occurred.

I highly recommend against that good sir, 

As I have learned it is more sensible that before you launch the KNS Bose, you go to the Tracking Station and Terminate or Recover all the debris. And if you wish to test a torpedo or bomb, load the bomber FIRST and then the Battleship.(If you use Physics Range Extender, since that is what is visible from the screenshot you have uploaded on your previous post...)

14 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

Can you please post a link for those mods? I shall take a look at them soon!

I do not have a link, but a search in the mod release section, or on Spacedock, or even CKAN, should turn up some good results. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.