Help needed in wobbling ship

Kar

Greetings all !

It has been some time that I haven´t played KSP.

I made the update to 1.5 and installed the usual list of my favorite mods.

Now I have a problem with wobbling rockets because I used the mod Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

I saw the auto struts in the parts drop down menu, I tried several stuff but with no success.

I hate using the metal struts in my rockets, I find them unrealistic and ugly. A clean rocket should not look like a spider web (been sarcastic :P )

Since Kerbal Joint Reinforcement has not been updated how can I fix this?

I do not know "crap" about modding KSP.

Thanks anyone who could help.

cheers.

:)

Edited by Kar
spelling

You could try your autostruts, but you have to turn them on on every. single. part.  I think grandparent is generally the safest.  You could also try some rigid attachment on some of the worst offenders.

I'm pretty much just waiting for a 1.5 KJR update before I do any serious playing in 1.5.  If it's as important to you as it is to me, just go back to 1.4.5 until all your necessary mods are up and running for 1.5.

@Kar If you get the Editor Extensions Redux mod, there are buttons to set all parts to each of the type of autostrut. I recommend "Grandparent All" (I've heard this is essentially what KJR does), You can also set the outer ends of your craft (like the command pod and engines) to Heaviest. The only downside to this is that it makes for more physics calculations, basically doubling the number of joints that have to be calculated per physics tick (per my understanding, I could be wrong).

What I like to do is Grandparent the one or two nearest parts on either side of weak parts, like decouplers, to Grandparent (so you end up with 3 or 5 in a row set to Grandparent, including the decoupler), and set engines to Heaviest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.