KerbalEdu updated to 1.4.5e882

MarkZero

KerbalEdu Updated
It didn't even take a year this time!

KerbalEdu version 1.4.5e882
KerbalEdu has now been updated to 1.4.5e882. There are two main improvements in this update.

Languages
The first main improvement is that KerbalEdu now includes all the languages regular Kerbal Space Program is available in. These languages are:

• German
  • English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Russian
  • Chinese (Simplified)

You can change the language by clicking on the "Change language" button in the main menu.

Note that only the base game features are translated in this version. Features added in KerbalEdu are still in English only.

Based on Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5
Second main improvement is that we are again bringing KerbalEdu more up to date with a newer version of the base game. KerbalEdu is now based on Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5, whereas the last version was built on 1.3.1. As always, no feature from the base game has been left out, so you can find everything from KSP 1.4.5 in KerbalEdu. You can look back at the changes in the base game between 1.3.1 and 1.4.5 by checking out the Kerbal Space Program version history.

Other new features and fixes in KerbalEdu 1.3.1 include

• Cloud save improvements
    • Bugfixes. Cloud saves should now generally work better and more reliably
    • You can now toggle cloud saves on and off in the main menu
    • The game detects if there are new or changed saves when logging in or when cloud saves is re-enabled and asks what to do with them (upload to cloud, disable cloud saves, or delete non-cloud saves)
  • Show Flight Recorder Graph event action added for Mission Editor
  • Added dynamic pressure and angle of attack recording to flight recorder
  • Fixed travel distance in function tool
  • Mission mod UI improvements and mod deletion after mission

The update is available in the TeacherGaming App
If you skipped the previous update, you will need to transfer your licenses to a TeacherGaming account (or you will not be able to use the TeacherGaming App to download KerbalEdu updates). Please follow this link for instructions on how to do so.

If you purchased KerbalEdu after July 2017 from the TeacherGaming Store, they have automatically been linked to your existing TeacherGaming account, and no manual transfer is required.

We apologize for any extra work we’re making you do! However, this will ensure a smoother KerbalEdu installation and update experience for you and all of our future customers.

Note: The Earth History Campaign missions, downloadable from kerbaledu.com, have also been updated to work with the latest version. They may no longer work with earlier versions of KerbalEdu.

Where to buy
If you don't yet have KerbalEdu, you can get it on the TeacherGaming Store. You can also buy other cool and educational games there. Go check it out! For more information about KerbalEdu, visit kerbaledu.com. For more information about TeacherGaming and our platform, visit teachergaming.com.

Edited by MarkZero

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this question but it didn't seem worth a whole new topic.

I found a topic from 2016 that stated that 'normal KSP' mods work in KerbalEDU. Does that remain the case - I expect so but I don't want to buy (get the boss to buy) KSP for university teaching and find that useful mods are locked out.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Ashaman42 said:

normal KSP' mods work in KerbalEDU. Does that remain the case - I expect so but I don't want to buy (get the boss to buy) KSP for university teaching and find that useful mods are locked out.

@MarkZero will hopefully reply with the official statement, but until then...Basically all KSP community mods will run in the same version of KSP & KerbalEDU...since KerbalEDU updates about 1 year behind KSP most mods have been updated by the time KerbalEDU is released.

Note however, some mods change things such that standard KerbalEDU lessons & missions will not trigger properly...for example, if you load RSS (Real Solar System) then all Kerbin based missions will obviously not work.

Also, for example,  if using FAR with KerbalEDU it is best to exclude the EDU ForceIndicator from FAR: see post.

& unfortunately RO is jumping from 1.3 to 1.5 so there appears there will be no official RO release for 1.4, thus no easy click install via CKAN.

Given KerbalEDU is login based since version 1.3.1 it is easy to have 1.3.1 & 1.4.5 KerbalEDU versions on the same machines if some mod is no longer supported past 1.3.1.

In summary, KerbalEDU still does not 'lockout' content...I run a bunch of edu relevant KSP mods in KerbalEDU 1.3.1 & 1.4.5...details are at the following post & you are welcome to follow & add to the topic:

• 3 weeks later...

@MarkZero fyi..to be stirring in the back of your mind for when TG projects come back around to Kerbal again::

• @ShadowZone reports a rather serious memory issue with 1.5.1, with much better performance in 1.6:  
Memory issue in 1.5.1, 1.6 much better

• Also, @raidernick indicates that RO is targeting 1.4.5 (yes!) & then 1.6 (skipping 1.5.1):
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul] KSP 1.5.1 update (#1942)
To: KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul <[email protected]>

Ok so we are skipping 1.5 and doing 1.4.5 first then 1.6.0. I updated realplume just now and so far all we have left to do is FAR, KJR and real fuels. I have asked to have realfuels updated to 1.4.5.

• 5 months later...
On 12/2/2018 at 8:45 PM, MarkZero said:

1.4.5 in this update

I vote to wait for KerbalEDU to be updated for 1.7.2 (or later)  = TeacherGaming to skip all other versions since 1.4.5 ;-)

On 6/29/2019 at 6:27 AM, Cheif Operations Director said:

What exactly is KSP Edu?

On 6/16/2019 at 11:12 AM, AloE said:

KerbalEDU is currently based on KSP 1.4.5, I listed the main points i have found over time at this link:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/179330-kerbal-helpful-tips-summary/

• Licenses: KerbalEDU is login based multi-user per one license; where as KSP is a personal single user license.
    • Economical pricing packages for EDU/public institutions sold by TeacherGaming
  • a Package of Teaching Lessons & Missions & TGdesk integration (from versions 1.3.1 on) to make teaching with KerbalEDU easier
    • cloud saves of important game files for each unique login identifier ( = getting better at device independence )
  • the original Mission Editor...anyone with a KerbalEDU license may make & post a KerbalEDU lesson/mission in the EDU Mission Library
    • this is connected to the KerbalEDU event system which also sends info to TGdesk
  • KerbalEDU includes "Mods" like the great EDU Flight Recorder (much better than MechJeb's) & EDU Function tool & Energy Spheres tool, etc...
  • Updates about 1 year behind the main KSP releases & skips minor KSP updates. 
  • KSP mods run in KerbalEDU
    • note: some Mods ( e.g. FAR ) will change conditions so that some specific stock & EDU missions events will not trigger (e.g. parachute settings)
    • or work e.g. RSS  or SLIPPIST-1 change the solar system so missions in the Kerbin system will not work & explosions abound ;-)
  • The "Making History Expansion 1.4.0 for KSP 1.4.5" runs in KerbalEDU 1.4.5 but is not currently included in the KerbalEDU license so requires an additional purchase....remains a gray area not yet worked out.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/29/2018 at 3:21 AM, Ashaman42 said:

Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this question but it didn't seem worth a whole new topic.

I found a topic from 2016 that stated that 'normal KSP' mods work in KerbalEDU. Does that remain the case - I expect so but I don't want to buy (get the boss to buy) KSP for university teaching and find that useful mods are locked out.

Thanks.

im probably a little late, but what you could have done is bought one copy of the downloadable version of the game, and then hed the entire class use the same account.