Dagger

[1.5.X] Tilt'Em (Planetary axial tilt) [v1.0.0] [25 Oct 2018]

19 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

I tried it but it still shows the ksc in the equateor 

Then I suppose there are two possible / alternative conclusions we can draw from that:

1. Either you installed it incorrectly; or
  2. It does indeed not work.

Any entries in the log file that point to the latter?

21 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

does this work in 1.6x?

I'm my experience it didn't really work in 1.5

If kopernicus development was active I'd say just make it a part of that mod. Seems like the geniuses that got planets to work in the first place could solve the issues to integrate tilt. Everyday I hope this mod will come back. Such I small change that makes the game much more interesting.

15 hours ago, Svm420 said:

If kopernicus development was active I'd say just make it a part of that mod. Seems like the geniuses that got planets to work in the first place could solve the issues to integrate tilt. Everyday I hope this mod will come back. Such I small change that makes the game much more interesting.

Oh if you knew...

The reality is that axial tilt is no "small change", it's an entirely different way of doing the physics calculations at some points. Hence why the first (and only) working version is from Principia which just does everything on it's own. Also, if I could fix it, I could have also written it long time ago. Which I haven't. :P Dagger has really done a great job with this, which is why I refused from the very beginning to integrate it into the core of Kopernicus (and instead showed Dagger how to make it a Kopernicus plugin): Dagger deserves all the credit and attention for this.

But that attention is part of the problem I guess. Dagger hit some of the same roadblocks everyone who tried to make an axial tilt mod (including me) hit. But his mod already got a lot of (premature) attention at that point, especially by people going around and annoying, even pressuring planet makers to add Tilt'Em support immediately. As a developer, that puts such a high pressure onto you, that I can understand why Dagger seems to have abadoned it.

And to be honest I cannot see anyone voluntarily loading that pressure onto their own shoulders by forking, fixing and maintaining it.

Also Kopernicus development is very active. I willingly break it on every KSP update so it rather has to be. :P

Sorry there is assumptions in my post and more could be read. I figured dagger has been doing this on his own didn't know he already sought others input. Also didn't know you were still around Thomas hadn't seen you on the forums. I've been gone a while and and a lot of modders have moved on as life usually does. Anyway if this mod never continues life will go on just want to show my own interest in this great endeavor.

I'm getting a surface speed bug when landed, or even before launch (53m/s in this case). Otherwise the mod seems to be working really well for me in v1.6.1. I really hope Dagger returns and decides to complete this mod. Seems it could be a cornerstone of the modding community.