Revamping the EVA Space Suit in KSP 1.5

SQUAD

Would be very hard to say that the new suits aren't an improvement over the old ones, at least from a technical perspective.  The old suits had such bad mesh normals and geometry deforming during animation... it was both painful and terrifying if watched too closely.

Better geometry - can't complain.
Better UV maps -- more goodness.
More detailed textures -- can't complain about increased texel density and more detail in general
Built-in suit color options -- just icing on the cake.

36 minutes ago, Karma Kerman said:

Yeah, why's Private Division in this Video for 1.5 unless they've given us a [accidental] tip for the next big Enhanced Edition update

Private Division is our publishing label for both PC and consoles. Are you confusing Private Division with something else?

Neat? You bet! I HOPE (what follows is based on older info) this is also somehow implying a Porkjet esq beautification is in works for rocket parts. Some readers may remember what I am referring to while others may not. So please allow me to elucidate. Some while back it was teased that we would get a rocket part art pass to unify the look of the rocket parts similar to what was done with spaceplane parts. If memory serves the revamp was either lead by or inspired by a gentleman known as Porkjet. I THINK he was even a dev at one point but cant recall for absolute certainty. The idea was bandied about but went to back burner land. If memory serves a set of files were given out to users but was never made stock... well it wasn't stock last I played way back in mid-ish 2017. If it has been done in some manner in stock or dlc and my having yet played since returning to the forum has hidden it from me then uh ignore all but my 1st 3 words of this word salad :) op 02:55:45

Edited by AlamoVampire

Very nice!

I was impressed with the new suit from the start, but seeing the individual steps and the complexity of the process makes me appreciate it even more.

It's always great to see how things work on your side; I am looking forward to more of these!

Thank you!

Looking forward to trying out male suits without broken normals; no more fixing them in Photoshop when making wallpapers.

Watching the video I thought... yup, that's pretty much the days job. But wierd 70's style racing cars for me instead of kerbal apparel :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.