[SSRSS] Can we pick only Kerbin texture?

Hello everybody,

I was looking at the best visual mods around, and I found out about RSS, and more speficially SSRSS. The Kerbin texture is STUNNING. However, as I haven't explored all the Kerbol system's planets, I want to keep them as they are for now. So no full installation of SSRSS for me now.

My question is : Is it possible to just take the Kerbin texture from the mod to install it, so I can have this beautiful Kerbin visual while keeping other planets stock?

I don't want to break any rule or license, so I don't want to play around with the files, unless there's a solution which is legal.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

If I understand this, did you want to use the model for SSRSS Earth for Kerbin in an otherwise Stock system?

Absolutely. I actually have a Stock system (only minor graphic mods, but no major change), and I want to use the SSRSS Earth model for Stock Kerbin.

First you should make a copy of your stock KSP installation and make sure the corresponding version of Kopernicus works with it, before trying to change anything. You can test by just installing Kopernicus and its dependencies without adding any planet packs. Kopernicus is the plugin that lets people edit or create planetary systems.

After that you're looking at editing Kerbin to use SSRSS Earth's properties. Make a new folder for yourself inside GameData and create an empty plain text file with the extension .cfg inside it. This will contain your modified Kerbin. Then see if you can take inspiration from SSRSS Earth's config.

I won't go into further details here, nor am I going to explain how to use Kopernicus in this thread. There's a whole separate thread for that, along with a Kopernicus Wiki and examples.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.