[1.12.x] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, Brigadier said:

Do you have all the dependencies installed?  Have you considered removing and reinstalling SR?

I've removed and reinstalled it, yes. I did look at the config file and I can adjust settings there as necessary, it just seemed odd that I couldn't adjust them ingame anymore.

On 11/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, WarrenSchultz said:

I can't find the button to configure the plugin anymore. I've tried setting it to use stock or blizzy's toolbar, both, or neither. :)

It shows up fine in flight, but in the KSC view, it is missing, and I can't adjust settings.

Thoughts? 

No logs, no support

On 11/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, WarrenSchultz said:

I can't find the button to configure the plugin anymore. I've tried setting it to use stock or blizzy's toolbar, both, or neither. :)

It shows up fine in flight, but in the KSC view, it is missing, and I can't adjust settings.

Thoughts? 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no difference. Flight view brings up the status window, but I'm unable to access the config menu.
Logs:

OneDrive share

Edited by WarrenSchultz

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Neither stock nor Blizzy button appears

See two posts above yours for some self-help.

Just asking because I get something similar.  How did you install, CKAN or manually?  If manually, did you install the dependencies?  Did you install FMRS Continued as well?

--------------------

KSP 1.12.3, Win 10, SR and FMRS installed via CKAN and up-to-date.

Using the Toolbar Controller, I can get SR, but not FMRS, icon to display in the VAB (in both Stock and Blizzy) despite FMRS being listed in TC.  I can display the SR dialog.  Both seem to function properly in-flight, i.e. I can recover parts and set FMRS ownership.  Player and KSP logs, and a screenshot available here.  I'm aware of the NREs listed in these logs.  Unless I've missed something, none are SR/FMRS related.

I note In CKAN that Space Tux Library is not listed as a Dependency as described in the OP but which I do have installed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started using this mod yesterday (or to be more accurate, yesterday I noticed the icon wasn't active in Blizzy) and let me say that I love the colour-coded stage recovery highlighting in the VAB.  I never imagined there would be a way to make seeing what sections need more chutes so easy. 

Is there any chance of getting a scroll bar for the individual "highlight part" list? About a third of my full asparagus assembly doesn't fit in the Stage Recover window and there doesn't seem to be any way to scroll down to see all the parts. Alternately (or additionally), an "ignore this part" button to remove from the list various boosters and struts that aren't intended to be recovered or sections that are already "green".

First for all, great mod, I've been using it a lot in carrer. However, it appeals that the powered recovery would not work if an Engine with ModuleEnginesRF is used. It just says "Stock Model used" and the stage is destroyed.  Simply replace the engine with a None-RF version will get it work properly.  Is there anyway we can fix this?

6 hours ago, mark7 said:

First for all, great mod, I've been using it a lot in carrer. However, it appeals that the powered recovery would not work if an Engine with ModuleEnginesRF is used. It just says "Stock Model used" and the stage is destroyed.  Simply replace the engine with a None-RF version will get it work properly.  Is there anyway we can fix this?

Not quite as simple as it seems, but I'll see if I can do it. 

No promises

On 12/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, KADC said:

I just started using this mod yesterday (or to be more accurate, yesterday I noticed the icon wasn't active in Blizzy) and let me say that I love the colour-coded stage recovery highlighting in the VAB.  I never imagined there would be a way to make seeing what sections need more chutes so easy. 

Is there any chance of getting a scroll bar for the individual "highlight part" list? About a third of my full asparagus assembly doesn't fit in the Stage Recover window and there doesn't seem to be any way to scroll down to see all the parts. Alternately (or additionally), an "ignore this part" button to remove from the list various boosters and struts that aren't intended to be recovered or sections that are already "green".

A sample file would be helpful for testing

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.9.6

• Added RealFuels engine module:  ModuleEnginesRF
  • Added scrolling bar to  part list in editor

Thx~ I will try that ASAP

Edit: After testing on my environment, I find that it still unable to do powered recovery, with the same "Stock Model used" message. Sooo, how can I help to resolve this?

Edited by mark7

8 hours ago, mark7 said:

Thx~ I will try that ASAP

Edit: After testing on my environment, I find that it still unable to do powered recovery, with the same "Stock Model used" message. Sooo, how can I help to resolve this?

I have no idea where that message is coming from , it's not in GT, RF or any of the dependencies

Vessel and log file

Edited by linuxgurugamer

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have no idea where that message is coming from , it's not in GT, RF or any of the dependencies

Vessel and log file

I find that an RF-only Vessel is no problem at successfully recovery. The problem only exists when I use some tanks from my own mod. And that message is also displayed even after a successful powered recovery. I'm going to dig a little bit more into that and will keep you posted. 

20 minutes ago, mark7 said:

I find that an RF-only Vessel is no problem at successfully recovery. The problem only exists when I use some tanks from my own mod. And that message is also displayed even after a successful powered recovery. I'm going to dig a little bit more into that and will keep you posted. 

Your mod?

2 hours ago, mark7 said:

KCLV , the CZ-7 1st stage tank. 

Ok, I'll take a look, can you get me a sample craft?  

One thing I noticed is that you have ModuleDecouple in there, I'm wondering if that might be confusing things.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, mark7 said:

KCLV , the CZ-7 1st stage tank. 

42 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll take a look, can you get me a sample craft?  

One thing I noticed is that you have ModuleDecouple in there, I'm wondering if that might be confusing things.

FYI, I just did a test and it did successfully recover the tank.  Will do some more testing when I have more time

I tested using the CZ-7 vessel you provided in the file, by adding enough parachutes to all parts to ensure recovery

Edited by linuxgurugamer

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

FYI, I just did a test and it did successfully recover the tank.  Will do some more testing when I have more time

I tried again and still no luck. I suspect it is the intergraded SRBs that at fault. Since if I have PBAN fuel onboard, the displayed message is something like Not enough fuel to slow down(fuel used is PBAN) and when I drain the PBAN it just shows stage is destroyed. 

You can find my craft file and log file here, it is mostly stock with tweakscale and KCLV parts.

Edit: Switch to a different tank in KCLV(CZ6A 1st stage tank) resulted in a successful powered recovery. I wonder if this is indeed due to Stage Recovery not recognizing the right engine module.

Edited by mark7

9 hours ago, mark7 said:

I tried again and still no luck. I suspect it is the intergraded SRBs that at fault. Since if I have PBAN fuel onboard, the displayed message is something like Not enough fuel to slow down(fuel used is PBAN) and when I drain the PBAN it just shows stage is destroyed. 

You can find my craft file and log file here, it is mostly stock with tweakscale and KCLV parts.

Edit: Switch to a different tank in KCLV(CZ6A 1st stage tank) resulted in a successful powered recovery. I wonder if this is indeed due to Stage Recovery not recognizing the right engine module.

Could you try removing those integrated SRBs (ie: comment out the engine module) and see what happens?

On 12/20/2022 at 9:18 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Could you try removing those integrated SRBs (ie: comment out the engine module) and see what happens?

I tried that and than powered recovery is no problem. So the problem is indeed that Stage Recovery not able to identify the correct engine module.

PS: Sorry for the delayed reply, Im currently covid positive and on bed rest.

2 hours ago, mark7 said:

I tried that and than powered recovery is no problem. So the problem is indeed that Stage Recovery not able to identify the correct engine module.

Please confirm you are using the newest release (1.9.6.1)  or at least 1.9.6

2 hours ago, mark7 said:

PS: Sorry for the delayed reply, Im currently covid positive and on bed rest.

Sorry to hear, get well soon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.