[1.12.x] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages

linuxgurugamer

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have a beta release, I'd appreciate some people trying it out:

Changed:

• Changed license to MIT
  • Moved all settings into stock settings page, both to reduce code and to have the settings persist on a per-save basis
    • Note:  Existing settings are not migrated

https://jenkins.spacetux.net/job/M-S/job/StageRecovery/7/artifact/StageRecovery-1.9.0.1.zip

The link for KSP AVC goes to an invalid KSP Forum page
The Download link for SpaceDock on the Opening Page has the previous version listed.

Thank you for the update.

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

The link for KSP AVC goes to an invalid KSP Forum page
The Download link for SpaceDock on the Opening Page has the previous version listed.

Thank you for the update.

Thats why it is a beta.  It hasnt been uploaded anywhere else yet.

i am aware of thr link, will be fixed in the final release.  I am most interested in people using the settings page, feedback on that and to make sure it still works properly.

Thanks

On 11/24/2018 at 6:30 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thats why it is a beta.  It hasnt been uploaded anywhere else yet.

i am aware of thr link, will be fixed in the final release.  I am most interested in people using the settings page, feedback on that and to make sure it still works properly.

Thanks

Just to let you know.. I used the beta version and I am getting no SR messages [success or failures] at all.  This is using 1.5.1 of KSP.

Swapping back to 1.9 , the SR started to work again.

Edited by gamerscircle

7 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Just to let you know.. I used the beta version and I am getting no SR messages [success or failures] at all.  This is using 1.5.1 of KSP.

Swapping back to 1.9 , the SR started to work again.

Ok,thanks

Did you check the setting to make sure it was enabled?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, my tests showed it's working.  Would appreciate you (or anyone else) taking a look and testing:

Just loaded it -- swapped out SR for this new version, loaded the game, confirmed settings in-game.  Both the recovery tool in the VAB and the recovery/messages worked in-mission. TY!

On another topic, I'm still not clear on what pre-recovery is/does. I was worried it would sweep up / "recover" support craft scattered around KSC, but this time out the setting was on, but it left my plane at the monolith alone. <shrug>

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Just loaded it -- swapped out SR for this new version, loaded the game, confirmed settings in-game.  Both the recovery tool in the VAB and the recovery/messages worked in-mission. TY!

On another topic, I'm still not clear on what pre-recovery is/does. I was worried it would sweep up / "recover" support craft scattered around KSC, but this time out the setting was on, but it left my plane at the monolith alone. <shrug>

afaik
pre-recovery is only for kerbals
wen a ship gets deleted all kerbals onboard get marked as KIA/MIA

to avoid that SR removes kerbals before deletion, but in some cases the mod is in error and the ship wont get deleted, in that case the kerbals are moved to KSC and the ship stays empty

8 hours ago, danielboro said:

to avoid that SR removes kerbals before deletion, but in some cases the mod is in error and the ship wont get deleted, in that case the kerbals are moved to KSC and the ship stays empty

I've never seen that, probably because I never allowed any kerbals to be in a doomed ship.

Do you have any ideas as to what might be happening?  Any pattern?

Regardless, it's working as it used to, so I'll release it this morning

9 hours ago, danielboro said:

afaik

Looking at the code, the PreRecovery happens in the following circumstances:

• Vessel is not the active vessel
  • Vessel is not a Kerbal on EVA
  • The vessel is in the home planet's SOI (ie:  stock game would be Kerbin)
  • Vessel is NOT landed
  • Vessel is below a certain altitude (somewhere between 25,000 & 30000)
  • Vessel is beyond a certain distance from the active vessel

If someone could get me a save from before it removes Kerbals, but leaves the ship, I could get this figured out.

New release, 1.9.0.1

• Changed license to MIT
  • Moved all settings into stock settings page, both to reduce code and to have the settings persist on a per-save basis
    • Note:  Existing settings are not migrated
  • Replaced all Debug.Log with new Log.Info to reduce log spam
  • Added code to remove events when mod is destroyed (ie: scene change)

the only hiccup i had was back in  1.1 (that is KSP 1.1 not SR 1.1)so it was a long time ago.

from memory id say that Beetlecat is that only reported (posebel) hiccup in the last year or 2

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Vessel is below a certain altitude (somewhere between 25,000 & 30000)

the line i quoted can cause a bug
a ship has a PE of 26000 and at altitude of 27000+-1000 will trigger PreRecovery and will not get deleted

perhaps add a check for a PE of less then 25K ?

(my 1 expirance of PreRecovery kerbals makes me guess that originally it was a PE check)

Edited by danielboro

Got an issue to report with Stage Recovery 1.9.0.1 on KSP 1.5.1. At least in my local build, it's looking like the stage recovery percentages due to distance and speed aren't being calculated properly:

7NUS7B1.png

dEQwAPf.png

pwcIzX6.png

Latest log file. I have verified that I installed the mod properly. You can see in the three screenies above that, regardless of where it happens, I'm getting the same abysmally recovery percentage when a stage is successfully recovered.

Figured I'd report this and see if anybody else is seeing this same behavior. I can also provide a list of installed mods upon request. Should mention that it was doing this both after overwriting the previous version of the mod, and a clean install did not correct the issue.

Edited by capi3101

8 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Got an issue to report with Stage Recovery 1.9.0.1 on KSP 1.5.1. At least in my local build, it's looking like the stage recovery percentages due to distance and speed aren't being calculated properly:

7NUS7B1.png

dEQwAPf.png

pwcIzX6.png

Latest log file. I have verified that I installed the mod properly. You can see in the three screenies above that, regardless of where it happens, I'm getting the same abysmally recovery percentage when a stage is successfully recovered.

Figured I'd report this and see if anybody else is seeing this same behavior. I can also provide a list of installed mods upon request. Should mention that it was doing this both after overwriting the previous version of the mod, and a clean install did not correct the issue.

Did you check the settings?  

Please list here what the settings are.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:28 AM, danielboro said:

afaik

KSP kills a vessel when the pressure at the altitude of the ship is >1.  Stage Recovery needs to grab the kerbals before this, so it calculates that altitude and then adds 1000.  It would be possible, I suppose for a vessel to come within 1000m of the kill altitude and then go out, but highly unlikely.

58 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you check the settings?  

Please list here what the settings are.

Well now, this is interesting - I can't get to the settings...or rather, the button that is supposed to let me get to the settings isn't showing up (which I'd wager is the underlying problem).

kozzBrZ.png

4cZ9SNy.png

F2WtzG1.png

Okay, so probably not a StageRecovery issue. Guesses as to which other mod it might be/which thread I should go to next? Blizzy's toolbar and Toolbar Controller are both also yours unless I'm much mistaken.

58 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Well now, this is interesting - I can't get to the settings...or rather, the button that is supposed to let me get to the settings isn't showing up (which I'd wager is the underlying problem).

Ummm, read the post right above where you started.  The settings page got removed and the settings are now in the stock settings page:

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, read the post right above where you started.  The settings page got removed and the settings are now in the stock settings page:

Three posts up, but I'll still say 'dammit' to my own idiocy...

Still not seeing it though - is the Settings option on the game's main menu (where you can see Jeb making sand castles on Mun) or the one on at KSC (when you hit the Esc key)? Checked both; didn't find it in either spot. I might need pictures, coffee, both...

EDIT: Futher idiocy on my part detected 11:46 AM local; the info at the top of the Settings Master mod was helpful in the detection. Let me go look...

Edited by capi3101

Okay...here we go:

uClYYWT.png

I have my configuration settings from SR 1.8:

Spoiler

RecoveryModifier = 0.75
DeadlyReentryMaxVelocity = 2000
CutoffVelocity = 10
LowCut = 6
HighCut = 12
MinTWR = 1
DistanceOverride = -1
GlobalModifier = 1
SREnabled = True
ShowFailureMessages = True
ShowSuccessMessages = True
FlatRateModel = False
PoweredRecovery = True
RecoverClamps = True
UseUpgrades = True
UseToolbarMod = True
HideButton = False
PreRecover = True

From this screenie and comparing it to my old settings, it looks like what I need to do is disable the distance override. I'll try that and report what happens. If that's not the right diagnostic step, what else should I try?

48 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Okay...here we go:

uClYYWT.png

I have my configuration settings from SR 1.8:

Reveal hidden contents

RecoveryModifier = 0.75
DeadlyReentryMaxVelocity = 2000
CutoffVelocity = 10
LowCut = 6
HighCut = 12
MinTWR = 1
DistanceOverride = -1
GlobalModifier = 1
SREnabled = True
ShowFailureMessages = True
ShowSuccessMessages = True
FlatRateModel = False
PoweredRecovery = True
RecoverClamps = True
UseUpgrades = True
UseToolbarMod = True
HideButton = False
PreRecover = True

From this screenie and comparing it to my old settings, it looks like what I need to do is disable the distance override. I'll try that and report what happens. If that's not the right diagnostic step, what else should I try?

Try that and report back.

4 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Done - that's what the issue was. SR is now running as it should. Thanks for helping me work through it.

Apparently I made the useDistanceOverride default to active, I've fixed that in the next release which will be out later this evening.

I've also put the button back on the SpaceCenter screen, but all it does is open a small dialog directing you to the stock settings pages, hopefully this will eliminate some confusion

New release, 1.9.0.2

• Removed old, unused code, and code obsoleted by the ToolbarController
  • Changed default for UseDistanceOverride from true to false, to match old behaviour
  • Removed some unnecessary window calls
  • Added back button on Spacecenter screen, opens window to direct people to Stock Settings pages
  • Added option to disable the button on spacecenter scene

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much @linuxgurugamer for all your work on KSP mods, much appreciated.

Also, very quick response to this configuration changes, I just came to report something I'm not sure it's to you I should do, if not please ignore and point me to whom ;)

I've got the update notice on CKAN, it downloads a new file, but it's contents (although named as) is not the latest version, but 1.9.0.1. During game load (after the update by CKAN) you still get the notification for a newer version, and of course the changes are not there.

Here CKAN downloaded a file called 8549BDEB-StageRecovery-1.9.0.2.zip, if that may be helpful.

I'm manually updating it now in any case, but maybe others will run into this issue.

Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, firegun said:

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much @linuxgurugamer for all your work on KSP mods, much appreciated.

Also, very quick response to this configuration changes, I just came to report something I'm not sure it's to you I should do, if not please ignore and point me to whom ;)

I've got the update notice on CKAN, it downloads a new file, but it's contents (although named as) is not the latest version, but 1.9.0.1. During game load (after the update by CKAN) you still get the notification for a newer version, and of course the changes are not there.

Here CKAN downloaded a file called 8549BDEB-StageRecovery-1.9.0.2.zip, if that may be helpful.

I'm manually updating it now in any case, but maybe others will run into this issue.

Thanks a lot!

It must not have updated the .version file, but if the file name is 1.9.0.2, you can be sure that is the correct version.

I'm actually not sure if it is the right version in the file :-(

However, I will get this fixed and out later this evening, will be 1.9.0.3

New release, 1.9.0.3

• Fixed .version file
Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.