linuxgurugamer

[1.8.x] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages

8 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, Spacedock seem to have some issues right now.

To download a mod from github, you need to navigate to the release section of the repository: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/StageRecovery/releases

It contains a list of mod versions, the latest one is on top of it (also labels as "latest release"), together with a download link.
I've described this procedure in my tutorial as well ("Download the correct mod version"):

Don't forget to download and install the dependencies (linked in the OP) as well ;) 

Thanks man! Appreciate your help :)

Getting an issue with the latest version of SR (1.9.1.4) failing to load.

Error in the logfile shows:

ERR 10:48:17.104] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'StageRecovery': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'StageRecovery.SettingsGUI' from assembly 'StageRecovery, Version=1.9.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

UPDATED:

I nuked the SR folder, along with the pre-reqs ( ClickThrough / Toolbar ) and added fresh copies of the latest versions.  All is happy and working again.  Not sure which mod was the cause, but somewhere during the upgrades looks like I got an incompatible mix of versions.

Edited by coredumpster
Resolved the issue

Recently StageRecovery stopped working for me. I had this problem before, and I found out it seems to have to do with KerbalKonstructs. Not sure which one is to blame, so I posted my problem in the KK thread. I didn't get any response so far, so I thought I'll try here. Description and full logs can be found in the other post.

7 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Recently StageRecovery stopped working for me. I had this problem before, and I found out it seems to have to do with KerbalKonstructs. Not sure which one is to blame, so I posted my problem in the KK thread. I didn't get any response so far, so I thought I'll try here. Description and full logs can be found in the other post.

Based on the logs, it appears to be a KK issue:

Exception handling event onVesselWillDestroy in class StageRecovery:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference 
not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Addons.StageRecovery.PreRecovery (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The red highlighted line is from the KK code.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Based on the logs, it appears to be a KK issue

Wow, that was fast :-o Thanks for checking!

2 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Wow, that was fast :-o Thanks for checking!

You were lucky, I just got online

Just a heads up for KSP 1.8.0 - this mod seems to still function correctly in flight. In the VAB, though, I get a 0% estimated recovery percentage for all stages no matter what.

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I have enabled flat rate model and cranked it up to 100%, however, the funds given keep being determined by distance..

I'm running 1.8.1 with last release (tho, it was happening to me in 1.7.3 too).

The workaround I found is disabling flate rate model, then re enabling in the settings menu, each time I launch a vessel.

Is this known around?

thanks! :)

edit: added pics

Spoiler

ZwSB0O3.png

YEhKWfW.png

Edited by kurgut

I dont know if this is a known issue but the SR icon wont show up in my science and sandbox file, I've downloaded stage recovery FMRS and recovery control and non of them seem to work. I dont know if this is already asked alot but if it isnt would somebody be kind enough to help me? thx.

game version is 1.7.3

New release, 1.9.2

• Updated for KSP 1.8

This may have been answered at some point, but I haven't stumbled across it poking through this topic and the old SR one...

I am playing with a rescakle of x6.4, and with the greater orbital velocity required (7500m/s for low orbit), every stage that makes it into low orbit burns up. I have added heat shields (didn't used to be necessary) and still get the same result. It used to be you could set the velocity settings, but now I get a "Settings are in the stock settings..." message. SO how do I set the velocity limit (DR_velocity?) to a level that is appropriate for rescaled games? There isn't an obvious settings file in the SR folder, there doesn't seem to be an SR scenario in the save file, so where is it hidden?

I love this mod and don't have the time or patience to futz around with FMRS for every launch, and I'd really like to have the automated recovery feature of SR for my campaign. Thanks LGG for maintaining the mod, and I'd appreciate any help from you or the community. Cheers!

Edited by EatVacuum
typos

27 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@EatVacuum did you try to check the settings?

I swear to the rocket gods I did, and somehow missed it. I'll look again. Thanks!

Doesn't work with Mechjeb. Neither does RATpack for that matter.

Correction, SR works, RATpack doesn't.

Edited by PyjackMeat