[1.12.x] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages

linuxgurugamer

8 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, Spacedock seem to have some issues right now.

To download a mod from github, you need to navigate to the release section of the repository: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/StageRecovery/releases

It contains a list of mod versions, the latest one is on top of it (also labels as "latest release"), together with a download link.
I've described this procedure in my tutorial as well ("Download the correct mod version"):

Don't forget to download and install the dependencies (linked in the OP) as well ;) 

Thanks man! Appreciate your help :)

Getting an issue with the latest version of SR (1.9.1.4) failing to load.

Error in the logfile shows:

ERR 10:48:17.104] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'StageRecovery': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'StageRecovery.SettingsGUI' from assembly 'StageRecovery, Version=1.9.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

UPDATED:

I nuked the SR folder, along with the pre-reqs ( ClickThrough / Toolbar ) and added fresh copies of the latest versions.  All is happy and working again.  Not sure which mod was the cause, but somewhere during the upgrades looks like I got an incompatible mix of versions.

Edited by coredumpster
Resolved the issue

• 1 month later...

Recently StageRecovery stopped working for me. I had this problem before, and I found out it seems to have to do with KerbalKonstructs. Not sure which one is to blame, so I posted my problem in the KK thread. I didn't get any response so far, so I thought I'll try here. Description and full logs can be found in the other post.

7 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Recently StageRecovery stopped working for me. I had this problem before, and I found out it seems to have to do with KerbalKonstructs. Not sure which one is to blame, so I posted my problem in the KK thread. I didn't get any response so far, so I thought I'll try here. Description and full logs can be found in the other post.

Based on the logs, it appears to be a KK issue:

Exception handling event onVesselWillDestroy in class StageRecovery:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference 
not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Addons.StageRecovery.PreRecovery (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The red highlighted line is from the KK code.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I have enabled flat rate model and cranked it up to 100%, however, the funds given keep being determined by distance..

I'm running 1.8.1 with last release (tho, it was happening to me in 1.7.3 too).

The workaround I found is disabling flate rate model, then re enabling in the settings menu, each time I launch a vessel.

Is this known around?

thanks! :)

edit: added pics

Spoiler

ZwSB0O3.png

YEhKWfW.png

Edited by kurgut

I dont know if this is a known issue but the SR icon wont show up in my science and sandbox file, I've downloaded stage recovery FMRS and recovery control and non of them seem to work. I dont know if this is already asked alot but if it isnt would somebody be kind enough to help me? thx.

game version is 1.7.3

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been answered at some point, but I haven't stumbled across it poking through this topic and the old SR one...

I am playing with a rescakle of x6.4, and with the greater orbital velocity required (7500m/s for low orbit), every stage that makes it into low orbit burns up. I have added heat shields (didn't used to be necessary) and still get the same result. It used to be you could set the velocity settings, but now I get a "Settings are in the stock settings..." message. SO how do I set the velocity limit (DR_velocity?) to a level that is appropriate for rescaled games? There isn't an obvious settings file in the SR folder, there doesn't seem to be an SR scenario in the save file, so where is it hidden?

I love this mod and don't have the time or patience to futz around with FMRS for every launch, and I'd really like to have the automated recovery feature of SR for my campaign. Thanks LGG for maintaining the mod, and I'd appreciate any help from you or the community. Cheers!

Edited by EatVacuum
typos

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:47 AM, PyjackMeat said:

Doesn't work with Mechjeb. Neither does RATpack for that matter.

Correction, SR works, RATpack doesn't.

I have tried, and Read, and tried again. For the life of me, I cannot get this thing to work. Spent the past 4 hours trying. There are really only 3 current mods I am using: Mechjeb, Alarmclock and DMagic Orbital Science. I have installed the dependencies, tried a fresh game, installed variations (some of the master folders were confusing) and nothing seems to work. I can try and submit a log file, but the simple fact that this requires dependencies that, they themselves seem to have a "open this file, copy and paste this code," etc, worries and confuses me. 

I tried it by itself on a fresh game with nothing else installed... still nothing. I am admittedly clueless on being able to check game files. Are others having issues?

On 12/17/2019 at 10:42 AM, Browny said:

I have tried, and Read, and tried again. For the life of me, I cannot get this thing to work. Spent the past 4 hours trying. There are really only 3 current mods I am using: Mechjeb, Alarmclock and DMagic Orbital Science. I have installed the dependencies, tried a fresh game, installed variations (some of the master folders were confusing) and nothing seems to work. I can try and submit a log file, but the simple fact that this requires dependencies that, they themselves seem to have a "open this file, copy and paste this code," etc, worries and confuses me. 

I tried it by itself on a fresh game with nothing else installed... still nothing. I am admittedly clueless on being able to check game files. Are others having issues?

Welcome to the Forums.  I'm sorry SR doesn't seem to be working for you and I assure you that it does work and that you've come to the right place.

I might be telling you stuff you already know so bear with me.

Extracting the GameData folder from the SR .zip file and dragging it into your KSP install directory should be all that's necessary (along with installing the dependencies).  Could you provide a screenshot of your test case GameData directory to confirm (post a link to a picture uploaded to a file sharing service, such as imgur, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)?  The reason I ask is that I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "master folders" and I suspect an installation problem.  If you're not comfortable with installing mods and their dependencies this way, might I recommend you have a look at CKAN to ease your installation concerns.

Which versions of KSP and SR are you trying to use?

When you say "...nothing seems to work..." what do you mean and at what point doesn't it work?  Does the game not load?  Do you launch a rocket, try to recover a stage and doesn't seem to?

Read the link in my sig block for some guidance but until we rule out installation issues, a log file isn't necessary.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:40 AM, Brigadier said:

Which versions of KSP and SR are you trying to use?

When you say "...nothing seems to work..." what do you mean and at what point doesn't it work?  Does the game not load?  Do you launch a rocket, try to recover a stage and doesn't seem to?

Read the link in my sig block for some guidance but until we rule out installation issues, a log file isn't necessary.

I will do my best for a screenshot, but do also admit that the work necessary may not be worth the payoff. Keep in mind, also, I am no stranger to KSP with ~500 hours, and have used SR in the past.. but it has been a year since I came back only a few weeks ago. 

a) I am downloading the most recent SR from this string (Via the "availability" links at the first post, ~9 pages away - 1.9.2?). The Github Link (says updated last month) is what I have used predominantly (I did try the other link also), and there are "master folders" via the "clone or download" green link button. Therefore, I assume I'm using the most recent version (Says updated for KSP 1.8x). If there is an even more updated version, let me know. 

b) Game works fine, but there is no "button" available to me after loading in. When I am in game, the KSP Alarm Clock and Mechjeb both have access buttons and accessibility in all stages of the game, but nothing for SR. This is the case in "lobby" screen and anywhere, including the rocket construction process. I tried test launches (2 of them) with parachutes (with way more 'Chutes than needed) to see if it still worked behind the scenes, but nope. All of this is after a screen during loading DID ask me if i "wanted to auto updated Stage Recovery". so, it is as if the game is recognizing it in the folder, but not loading or something. 

c) The dependence are also loaded with the same standard of other mods; directly into the GameData folder from their respective "GameData" (If applicable) folder. 

I have attached my folder and what it looks like, and the SR Master Folder (which, when you see, it does look rather confusing and as if other items should be installed). However, I have primarily taken the "StageRecovery" folder from GameData and moved to my own GameData folder. The confusion, really, is that there is a "StageRecovery" folder in the master and outside GameData, that has different contents than the other one within GameData folder. 

Regardless, I have tried both (with dependencies) and still nothing. Again, even took out all other mods, started a test game, and tried that multiple times (using the multiple "stage recovery" folders that seem present in the master file.)

I may restart the process again with a check list to ensure methodological order to folders, but am beginning to give up, if I am being honest. With only these 3-4 mods that I want, I have zero interest in installing or dealing with CKAN (yet another interface to clog my brain and computer)

Link to screenshots: 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOJYIzpk_ovLSiY88Ekih7W5xFoEKFKCoDo0SqZskukDmIPnCgzGuq3KMq2yWfOpA?key=cDRJbXZscXhOUmNuZ2hBd0RaVFF3ZUVlNDRLR0FR

Edited by Browny
Grammatical and Spelling errors

3 hours ago, Browny said:

I will do my best for a screenshot, but do also admit that the work necessary may not be worth the payoff. Keep in mind, also, I am no stranger to KSP with ~500 hours, and have used SR in the past.. but it has been a year since I came back only a few weeks ago. 

a) I am downloading the most recent SR from this string (Via the "availability" links at the first post, ~9 pages away - 1.9.2?). The Github Link (says updated last month) is what I have used predominantly (I did try the other link also), and there are "master folders" via the "clone or download" green link button. Therefore, I assume I'm using the most recent version (Says updated for KSP 1.8x). If there is an even more updated version, let me know. 

b) Game works fine, but there is no "button" available to me after loading in. When I am in game, the KSP Alarm Clock and Mechjeb both have access buttons and accessibility in all stages of the game, but nothing for SR. This is the case in "lobby" screen and anywhere, including the rocket construction process. I tried test launches (2 of them) with parachutes (with way more 'Chutes than needed) to see if it still worked behind the scenes, but nope. All of this is after a screen during loading DID ask me if i "wanted to auto updated Stage Recovery". so, it is as if the game is recognizing it in the folder, but not loading or something. 

c) The dependence are also loaded with the same standard of other mods; directly into the GameData folder from their respective "GameData" (If applicable) folder. 

I have attached my folder and what it looks like, and the SR Master Folder (which, when you see, it does look rather confusing and as if other items should be installed). However, I have primarily taken the "StageRecovery" folder from GameData and moved to my own GameData folder. The confusion, really, is that there is a "StageRecovery" folder in the master and outside GameData, that has different contents than the other one within GameData folder. 

Regardless, I have tried both (with dependencies) and still nothing. Again, even took out all other mods, started a test game, and tried that multiple times (using the multiple "stage recovery" folders that seem present in the master file.)

I may restart the process again with a check list to ensure methodological order to folders, but am beginning to give up, if I am being honest. With only these 3-4 mods that I want, I have zero interest in installing or dealing with CKAN (yet another interface to clog my brain and computer)

Link to screenshots: 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOJYIzpk_ovLSiY88Ekih7W5xFoEKFKCoDo0SqZskukDmIPnCgzGuq3KMq2yWfOpA?key=cDRJbXZscXhOUmNuZ2hBd0RaVFF3ZUVlNDRLR0FR

Hi, i don t see module manager installed in your gamedata.

You need version 4.1.3. i think, hope it can help

3 hours ago, Browny said:

Link to screenshots: 

If you are installing by hand, then you should download it from here:  https://spacedock.info/mod/219/StageRecovery  It sounds like you copied the GameData from the source, not the release.

ModuleManager is not required for this mod.

If you are still having problems, a log file will be required.  Pictures of directories does not show what's happening in the system, or if certain files are even there

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are installing by hand, then you should download it from here:  https://spacedock.info/mod/219/StageRecovery  It sounds like you copied the GameData from the source, not the release.

ModuleManager is not required for this mod.

If you are still having problems, a log file will be required.  Pictures of directories does not show what's happening in the system, or if certain files are even there

Then I guess I shall have to provide a log file; the link you provided is the one I have been using, and exactly the one I referenced in having a "master file" in my description. 

For clarity, in that link... which one should I be downloading/using? the "StageRecovery" 3rd option down, or the "GameData/StageRecovery" 2cd one down. See how that seems confusing? (sort of does not matter, since i have tried both already... but just would like a definitive :) )

And yes, I did ALSO use the "download" to provide the file on its own (not the source), and it still did not work. I was using source link in addition to and after no other option seemed to be working. 

Finally, I cannot located the output_log.txt file... i checked in my KSP_x64_Data and one is not present. could that be half the problem?!

Edited by Browny
additional info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.