ground contact! - error Moving Vessel up 997.025m

I'm running the OPT parts mod as well as firespitter. Every time I load in this particular vehicle, which is using parts from the OPT mod, it spawns about a KM in the air above the runway. Looking at the debug menu gives me the error "ground contact! - error Moving Vessel up 997.025m". I'm willing to bet that its just a part i have on the plane acting up and i'm gonna do some more testing but I was wondering if there was a known fix for this or if there was a way to stop the game from trying to self fix any ground clipping issues. It seems kind of strange for the game thinks that the solution to the problem of ground clipping to spawn the craft a Kilometer into the air.

Sidenote: I did some research on this problem before posting this and one of the fixes that someone found was to just remove the Firespitter mod. I tried that but it still didn't fix it. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that OPT is out of date, however I put all of the parts that I have on my current craft onto a completely new craft in a new file and it worked just fine.

Edited by Jkrazor

• 5 years later...

Hello

I'm having a similar, if not the same, issue as yours. I have rovers that, when not active vessels but in physics range, get displaced to 999m due to ground contact! error. 

I was wondering if you have since fixed your issue and how, because I can't find anything else anywhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.