Longest KSP mission duration (in real life) that you ever done in one session

ARS

2 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Indonesian bosses must be very silly then, as I said.  Generally companies that like achievement and profit don't fire people who do 30 days work in 3 days, at home, in their own time.

I guess, strict rules, probably a bit too strict. That's what will happen to my Father, he works in a big Company with strict rules (which mainly is about Chemistry), Indonesia is also "flooded" with potential workers, it's said that someone will need at least Bachelor+ to sign a job, i can't get my KSP times really long because it'll be either my family go somewhere or i'm too bored to even play. (You're talking to a 17 year old, i can't do your thing because i'm still in growth period, i can only extend to up to like 23 O'clock before Sleeping)

6 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Indonesian bosses must be very silly then, as I said.  Generally companies that like achievement and profit don't fire people who do 30 days work in 3 days, at home, in their own time.

Actually, a Swedish boss would have to act in some way too, or get hit with heavy fines (labour laws aren't to be messed with).

And while I've done similar stunts myself (but I was usually a bit more shady on my time report) as a manager I'd be very wary over the actual value of that work.

While inspired sprints most often work, they rarely age well, and I've been forced to invest way too many hours into rewriting large chunks of code that even if it works, is incomprehensible and impossible to maintain :/

And that goes for the code I've created in that fashion myself :(

So if you had pulled off that stunt on any my projects I'd most likely had kicked you off the project ;)

11 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

So if you had pulled off that stunt on any my projects I'd most likely had kicked you off the project

Fair enough, I'll remember not to take any contracts in Sweden.

As it happens the code I wrote in that session was very solid, simply because it had been written cohesively, in a single seamless chunk and without being pulled around or apart by several cuts.  I've always found it's the pieces that have been gone-over several times, by different coders at widely different times that are most messed up.

The longest continuous single session for me would probably be around 18 hours, but the longest single mission I ever did was my SSTO retrosolar rescue challenge. That probably took a couple of hundred hours all told over 3-4 months, with over 50 separate gravity assists and about 200 years of game time elapsed.

• 5 months later...

Note: this is all with RSS and RO

My longest mission was about a day, flying the ship was 5 hours to the moon, this was the maned ship of my moon base, the rest was testing and building; I also had some problems in the flight(this wasent all followed becaused I had stuff like secondary school).

Longest project was my moon base, with 3 total launchs, the first about 5-7 hours and same with the second, the third I just said above, in total minimum 34 hours and max 38 hours. This was all through out a few months, starting in late october an finishing in march.

And longest time with ksp open and playing is about a week. Normally when I play ksp I have it opened from 6 hours to a day.

Probably some attempted Elcano treks around Duna, Dres and Vall. Each time I got kinda bored and had some problems with the rover, made improvements and moved to a different body. I like driving but one really has to be in a certain mood to drive around an entire planet.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:30 AM, magnemoe said:

Woke up in neck of time as one burn was coming up. 

Like the typo, as your neck was probably a little cricked too.  :D

I know years ago back in the alpha days there was a player who enable the infinite fuel cheat, built a small craft, and tried to get to light speed.   Left the game running for 3 months of real time, and since physics warp wasn't a thing back then (or at least we hadn't discovered it yet), it was a 3 month burn.  I think he hit something like .1c, but then the computer melted.  So not a single session per se, but probably the record for the longest burn ever. 

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Like the typo, as your neck was probably a little cricked too.  :D

I know years ago back in the alpha days there was a player who enable the infinite fuel cheat, built a small craft, and tried to get to light speed.   Left the game running for 3 months of real time, and since physics warp wasn't a thing back then (or at least we hadn't discovered it yet), it was a 3 month burn.  I think he hit something like .1c, but then the computer melted.  So not a single session per se, but probably the record for the longest burn ever. 

LOL, the KSP2 developers talked about if some would run an interstellar mission in real time. That would take years even if I don't think they imagine the crazy stuff KSP players do. Asparagus staging fusion engines is an obvious start. You can however do burns under warp in KSP2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.