Hyper Drive Mod!

Exodus_Solis

This Mod has been released for a while now, but I never made a site for people to comment!  On Curseforge my mod has risen to one of the top mods rather fast! and so I am here to give my support, and to receive feed back on what to do.  Unfortunately, because I have little time because of school and life, the mod will stall until I get a good Idea or some on suggests it and I can put the time into making it!

If anyone uses this mod in a video, please tell me, I would be greatly humbled by it!

Here's a link to my curseforge!

[Link removed by the moderation team]

Also take a look at my other mod MULTI ROLE KERBALS!

The perfect addition to anyone seeking a special mission team of elite kerbals!

Edited by James Kerman
Removed non compliant link

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, Exodus_Solis said:

This Mod has been released for a while now, but I never made a site for people to comment!  On Curseforge my mod has risen to one of the top mods rather fast! and so I am here to give my support, and to receive feed back on what to do.  Unfortunately, because I have little time because of school and life, the mod will stall until I get a good Idea or some on suggests it and I can put the time into making it!

If anyone uses this mod in a video, please tell me, I would be greatly humbled by it!

Could you post a link or some pictures? It sounds cool!

[MOD - Moved to Add-on Releases subforums]

@Exodus_Solis - Since it appears you intended this to be an announcement/release thread for your mod, I think it would be more helpful to users if you edited your first post to include a description of what the mod does, some screenshots, download links and the license it is to be distributed under.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:04 PM, StrikeStriker said:

I have a little issue with Module manager. It detect an error in \GameData\HYPERMOD 2.1\Tweak scale patch\PATCH - Copy (7).cfg

Any idea?? 

PS: Awesomeeeee MOD! :D thanks!!

The New patch should fix the tweak scale!  it might say error still as ive noticed, but it will still work

Also teaser for others that look at these posts, I plan to re-name and organize the engines and perhaps make a new tab for convenience, it will take a while but it will be better hence forth!

Also remember I'm just an amateur modder!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, nice mod!

Although it is a bit of a cheat-mod and I wouldn't recommend it for people who actually want to play the game first.

But for making those crazy advanced interstellar hyperships it's great :)

I added a part to your mod, though: an Ion Fuel Cell to convert Ion directly to ElectricCharge. (If you want I'll send it to you)

That was the first time I ever modded something myself in KSP :D

I also changed your "hyper drive inline" because it doesn't make any sense that it just operates without anything powering it, so I made it consume 10 ElectricCharge and I also made it X2 larger. I think you should change it's name to something like "hyper stabilizer", because it's not actually a "drive".

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, AdelaeR said:

Hi there, nice mod!

Although it is a bit of a cheat-mod and I wouldn't recommend it for people who actually want to play the game first.

But for making those crazy advanced interstellar hyperships it's great :)

I added a part to your mod, though: an Ion Fuel Cell to convert Ion directly to ElectricCharge. (If you want I'll send it to you)

That was the first time I ever modded something myself in KSP :D

I also changed your "hyper drive inline" because it doesn't make any sense that it just operates without anything powering it, so I made it consume 10 ElectricCharge and I also made it X2 larger. I think you should change it's name to something like "hyper stabilizer", because it's not actually a "drive".

Makes sense.  I considered making the Ion reactor have a setting to make electricity, but I never got to it.  

As for the Hyper drive inline, the new name is cool, so I ought to change that.  I always disliked the energy consumption for certain parts even if its realistic.  so I think ill make it use a small amount of ION instead.  and 2x as large would actually fit better with most parts.

I really do enjoy this feed back and will dedicate an update to you my friend and to any who want to see cool updates like such!

Also, yeah this mod is meant for endgame if you use it in career, and has implements for that, so you can use it for that just if you want.  Because if you're that advanced already you might as well use this.  Or use it for absolutely absurd payloads, (I once had one 600k+) when you can use stock without killing your game. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

From what I can tell, errors are caused by 

#@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[fuelTank]

don't know if that's something that meant something in the past, but it's not something I see in other tweakscale cfg's

Maybe it's not needed, but might be easier to actually name the config files for better organization for which part is giving the error at a glance. Alternatively, I noticed other mods grouped up parts in a single config:

@PART[HYPERDRIVE,Charged-GEN2warpengine,Gen2HyperEngine,GEN2CondensedIonEngine]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // Hyper engine, Charge Hyper Engine, Condensed Hyper Engine
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

• 1 month later...

All of the included parts are avaliable under single R&D node, please make parts require different R&D nodes.

Possible arrangement of R&D requirements for parts:

Part : R&D node

1.0 Hyper engine : Heavy Rocketry

1.0 Interspace Hyper Engine : Heavier Rocketry

1.0 Charge Hyper Engine : Very Heavy Rocketry

1.0 Condensed Hyper Engine : Experimental Rocketry

2.0 Hyper Crystal Miner : Resource Exploitation

2.0 Ion fuel tank : Adv. Fuel Systems

Condensed Ion Fuel Tank : Large Volume Containment

ION Block : Specialized Control

Hyperdrive Inline Stabilizer : Specialized Control

Ion reactor : Resource Exploitation