Xbox One Mouse and Keyboard Support?

After buying KSP on the Xbox one (when my PC started giving me too many problems), I found the game to be nearly unplayable (compared to the PC version) and was intently waiting for Microsoft to allow developers implementation of mouse and keyboard support on Xbox One. Now that Microsoft has confirmed developers will be able to update their games with this feature on a case by case basis, It seems this would be an expected update to KSP enhanced edition. Do the developers even plan on supporting the XBox One playerbase in this way? Or are we out of luck and just have to deal with the difficult controls?

As a long time KSP fan, I really hope they do plan on a mouse and keyboard update, because I'm not likely to return to KSP unless I can play it on Xbox without getting frustrated.

Thank you

There will be no mouse and keyboard support, because the developers have disabled that feature entirely. Otherwise how would it be a 'console' version of Kerbal Space Program if you were going to play it with a mouse and keyboard? It would just defeat the purpose of the console version

10 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

There will be no mouse and keyboard support, because the developers have disabled that feature entirely. Otherwise how would it be a 'console' version of Kerbal Space Program if you were going to play it with a mouse and keyboard? It would just defeat the purpose of the console version

I have no idea whether there will be mouse and keyboard support.  But the single most important thing that makes it a console release is that it will run on a console.  So Squad could choose to offer mouse and keyboard support on the console version, if they want to.

13 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I have no idea whether there will be mouse and keyboard support.  But the single most important thing that makes it a console release is that it will run on a console.  So Squad could choose to offer mouse and keyboard support on the console version, if they want to.

SQUAD stated that the mouse and keyboard access for KSP:EE is completely disabled, and they have no plans of reinstating it.

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 6:16 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

SQUAD stated that the mouse and keyboard access for KSP:EE is completely disabled, and they have no plans of reinstating it.

This may be true but since Squad ISN'T in charge of making the port to consoles OF COURSE *they*  (Squad) have no plans for mouse and keyboard! Perhaps you should contact BlitWorks or Private Division, who are in charge of the port, before making such claims.

I'll save you time. I already did: MOUSE & KEYBOARD ARE NOT OUT. [snip]

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted By Moderator.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.