Kerbal Interstellar Planets Official Release Page

Cyrus Playz

I've  fallen in love with having a red dwarf in the system. It makes for some really colorful nights and I'm making night side landings I never attempted before. :)

I think I'll make Kemisis a permanent addition to my game. Thanks!

I noticed you do have some large moons. So large that they would definitely be planetary binary systems and not moons. The Kagol system is a binary sun system or worse. You seem to like binary systems so you might want to make use of an add-on called Sigma Binary.

I've been playing around with the sunlight issue and made some observations that may be helpful;

I downloaded another KSP1.6.1 ready mod to test if it was a Kopernicus issue but it isn't. The local Sun is fine in that mod.

The new suns in KIP seem to work fine. I noticed that other mods have light intensity gradients  in the config files that you don't, but your new suns look and seem to work fine. I played around with brightening and dimming them and the changes I make in the configs do take effect. Other bodies far away don't reflect their color, if they shouldn't, as far as I can tell. However, the "Sun" shines on everything everywhere.

I deleted all but the Terronda Prime System and the local sun became tolerable again. It gets brighter with each new sun added. It's not a total added light issue but the original sun getting brighter. If you go out to a body in the Terronda Prime System and look at the south pole you can really see another effect. The south poles are facing the Kerbal system. It far outshines even Terronda Prime in that system. I think that any light gradient on the "Sun" has been removed somehow.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.