Gyrocoptor MkVI (Actually controllable this time)

So I've been continuing my little adventure into stock bearings, and in the process have managed to come up with this: 

Link: http://bit.ly/2CN5vx3

Requirments: Making History (I'm working on finding a stock part which will do the job)

The autogyro MkVI is massivly improved compared to its earlier iterations. Contra-rotating rotors mean that it's easy to control, and the rebuilt bearing keeps it spinning smoothly at all times (warranty void if 10G turns are attempted). The unique nature of an autogyro means that the aircraft essentially can't stall, as the spinning blades just cause it to gradually sink while full control is retained. This allows great low speed handling and near VTOL landings with some practice.

7UNn4rR.png

The tolerances on the bearing are extremely tight, which is what allows it to spin with such precision. However due to the high amounts of force on the lower section of the bearing i've been forced to use the making history plates (good colliders, autostrut capable, and light). I'm going to try to find an alternate part in later versions.

Cw3gKYS.png

Here is a video of it in action to demonstrate the low speed handling:

On 10/29/2018 at 7:59 AM, Frozen_Heart said:

So I've been continuing my little adventure into stock bearings, and in the process have managed to come up with this: 

Link: http://bit.ly/2CN5vx3

Requirments: Making History (I'm working on finding a stock part which will do the job

Is the Panel 0 part available for download?

Edited by Voculus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.