A "KSP Loading..." Preview: TVR Stack Couplers revamp!

SQUAD

Check out the revamp of the TVR Stack Couplers and its variants to be included in KSP 1.6. Yes, we are already working on it ;)

tumblr_inline_phdluh7aAQ1rr2wit_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_phdluhevTJ1rr2wit_540.jpg

Click here for the high-res images

Our artists created brand new diffuse, normal, and specular texture maps for these adapters. The different variants were done to match with the different versions of the FL-T tank series.

There’s more coming, so stay tuned!

14 minutes ago, SQUAD said:

Check out the revamp of the TVR Stack Couplers and its variants to be included in KSP 1.6. Yes, we are already working on it ;)

tumblr_inline_phdluh7aAQ1rr2wit_540.jpgtumblr_inline_phdluhevTJ1rr2wit_540.jpg

Our artists created brand new diffuse, normal, and specular texture maps for these adapters. The different variants were done to match with the different versions of the FL-T tank series.

There’s more coming, so stay tuned!

Looking good! 

They look pretty nice!

Will the 1.25m bicoupler, and the 2.5m versions of all these couplers be getting the same treatment? I don't see why they wouldn't, I'm just asking so someone else doesn't.

Edited by Lupi

Just now, GrandProtectorDark said:

KSP 1.5.1 is even that old tbh.
Feels a bit wird to basically announce 1.6 already
Why not just call in another 1.5 update

A few weeks ago we announced this:

On 10/5/2018 at 1:35 PM, SQUAD said:

We also want to take this opportunity to talk about our plans on future updates to the game. With the intention to continue advancing KSP and give our players exciting new content and features to look forward to, as well as to improve our processes, from 1.5 onward we will deliver updates approximately every 3 months. These quarterly updates will keep offering exciting new content that will improve our players’ game experience

Back then we also announced our plans to change the way we  would deliver development news. This is part of that plan ;)

2 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Yes they are!

Sweet! I'm happy to see these parts finally getting some love!

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Was it necessary to make all the decouplers and tanks look all the same? So confusing, can't classic variants be implemented?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's why they have variants, do you can now pick

Yeah, a sort-of consequence of the game being cobbled together from 5 years' worth of artists with different visions coming and going, and sometimes mods like KSPX being folded in is that the game's "art style" was "jumbled mess" for a while.

But now, with the revamp, we're getting stuff that's a lot more cohesive, and will be a lot nicer to put together! I won't have to do nearly as much kludging with my builds!

Edited by Lupi

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This new schedule makes it difficult for models is to keep up. Not the frequency, but the numbering is a real pain

It almost seems like they should create separate version numbers for the stock models and the actual game engine. That way modders (and everyone else) would know when an update was just going to update the stock models and when it was going to actually change/break game mechanics.

3 hours ago, SQUAD said:

tumblr_inline_phdluh7aAQ1rr2wit_540.jpgtumblr_inline_phdluhevTJ1rr2wit_540.jpg

Hell yes, finally i might actually start using these parts for something.  Combination of terrible looks and somewhat niche uses made me avoid ALL the stack couplers until 1.6 that is.  Now if only i can find a reason besides the cool new looks to use these things, useless for capital ships cause they make your engines vulnurable, and not really needed on rockits since there is no 3.75m models (ever since the nasa parts because a thing, 90% of my rockets use those parts).

I especially like teh grey/orange textures available, since they make it possible to break up the monotony of the otherwise almost everything being white in the stock game.

Anyways, the ONLY thing i see that can be improved is the overuse of the porkjet end cap.  While i understand it will make parts look similar to each other, the utter lack of variety is worse then trying to make every single part fit perfectly besides every other part...

Edited by panzer1b

18 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

Anyways, the ONLY thing i see that can be improved is the overuse of the porkjet end cap.  While i understand it will make parts look similar to each other, the utter lack of variety is worse then trying to make every single part fit perfectly besides every other part...

The idea is standardized structural end-caps based on part diameter.  As the 1.25m one is pretty ubiquitous, that's the standard.  The cap you see on the Mk1 capsule's nose is the standard 0.625m cap.

4 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Why not just call in another 1.5 update

Good question. Even after reading the reply, it still seems even more like "Dressed for Success" wasn't fully dressed yet. 

Can we hear about some work that isn't from the art team, maybe? Would be nice to have a lil tease of some new feature instead of just "Enjoy your new burn time shinies," like 1.5.... Oh, and the audio levels fix (and additions?) that went completely unannounced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.