flart

Plugin:

Shows more info about Science Labs in the Editor and Flight (as PAW Group):

• Power Usage,
  • Science Storage, 
  • Data to Science Conversion Ratio,
  • Research speed Modifiers,
  • Data Bonuses

The plugin supports Science Labs in other mods (ex. SSPXr, Feline Utility Rovers)

Parts:

• MPL-LG-6: an enhanced copy of the stock Lab with unlocked all 6 seats — 2 seats on each floor.
    Data-to-Science conversion is 1:6, but the Lab is 10 times slower than stock MPL-LG-2.
  • MPL-DSD-2: 1.875m early progression Lab.
    Data-to-Science conversion is 1:2, but the Lab is 10 times quicker than stock MPL-LG-2.

sKhvF7Y.jpg

How was  The Lab Modifier  calculated ?

Spoiler

I combined two ModuleScienceConverter fields (dataProcessingMultiplierresearchTime) into one relative LabRateModifier:

LabRateModifier = dataProcessingMultiplier / 0.5 × 10^(7 - researchTime)

so  LabRateModifier is linear and equals 1.0 for the stock lab. 

Credits :

MPL-LG-6 originate in the 6 Crew Science Lab, but ScienceLabInfo isn't replaces the stock Lab and changes stats.
The model of MPL-DSD-2 is by JDCollie, and originates in the DSD Mobile Labs by Kielm. The texture has changed a bit, the part has been rescaled to 1.875m and has changed stats. 

Download:

Releases page: https://github.com/yalov/ScienceLabInfo/releases

Link-ChangeLog-blue.svg  Link-Spacedock-blue.svg

CKAN-Indexed-green.svg  speedunitannex.svg?maxAge=3600&label=Lic  ScienceLabInfo.svg?label=Version&colorB=

Edited by flart

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@root  the link and an explanation how it is different has been in the OP. I made them bold for you there. 

On 10/30/2018 at 12:41 AM, flart said:

Add an enhanced Lab MPL-LG-6, a copy of the stock Lab, with unlocked all 6 seats (2 seats on each floor - same as 6 Crew Science Lab, but the stock Lab is not replaced).

The new Lab has changed mass, cost, required crew, power consumption, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Version 2.0.0

• added PAW group
  • new Part: early progression 1.875m Lab with the data-to-science conversion 1:2, but 10 times quicker than stock MPL-LG-2.
    thanks to @JDCollie and @Kielm for the model (DSD Mobile Labs mod)
    • tweaked texture a little bit
    • found better IVA for the part
    • supported Restock endcap
  • 6-Crew Lab now considered Hi-Tech Lab with the data-to-science conversion 1:6, but 10 times slower than stock MPL-LG-2.
  • Recompile for KSP 1.11
  • targeted .NET 4.7 
  • MM v4.1.4

sKhvF7Y.jpg

Edited by flart

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Thygrrr said:

Is there a dependency I am not satisfying?

ModuleManager is included in the archive, there are no other dependencies. Try to create new sandbox game, and check there.

If that will not be working, share ksp.log and player.log please

Edited by flart

Weird. I think there may be a conflict between this mod and the old 6-Crew Science Lab mod; and the conflict really messes up CKAN's idea of which mods are really installed.

Cleaning the directory up a little helped, but chances are perhaps there is a collision of some ID or GUID.

Mod works for me now but it took me half an hour to get CKAN to consider the right mod as removed and your mod as properly installed.

The mods have different identifiers on CKAN and "Conflicts" relationship, so once one of them is installed, another is unallowed to be installed.
For switching conflicting pair of mods on CKAN, a safe way is delete one of them, and then install another.

Edited by flart

• 1 year later...

When building a ship as soon as I add a science lab my game gets slow and laggy due to exceptions thrown at ScienceLabInfo.ModuleScienceInfo.LateUpdate.

[EXC 18:27:06.713] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ScienceLabInfo.ModuleScienceInfo.LateUpdate () (at <67ea3299d57345539fd3fb7c02482586>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

According to the ExceptionDetectorUpdated mod, the error is thrown 11 times per second while I am getting a frame rate of 11 frames per second.

WHY, do so many mods release an update... just *hours*, after I finally get around to grabbing the *last* update? ... LOL

Thanx for keeping this alive, flart ;)

Oh! BTW... just dropping this here ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.