Alternative to Unmanned before manned?

code99

Since that mods is pretty much dead and with no one able to take over maintaining it, is there an alternative to it?

Im looking for something that works in 1.5 that puts unmanned techs first so I start with probes first and then with kerbals. 

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Well, have you tried it anyway? Unmanned before manned is a big collection of MM patches so it will probably work nevertheless. Just replace the bundled MM version with the latest one and you should be fine.

Yep UBM still works fine. The biggest issue is that Missing History parts aren't covered. There's a supplemental release by @theonegalen in which he adds MH support. You still need the original mod

Edited by Tyko

2 hours ago, code99 said:

Seems UBM doesnt work for me, at least not properly. 

Ill try the other mods suggested here.

did you install Module Manager too? Also Community Tech Tree is strongly recommended.

You just said it doesn't work. what doesn't work? what have you tried to fix it?

1 minute ago, Tyko said:

did you install Module Manager too? Also Community Tech Tree is strongly recommended.

You just said it doesn't work. what doesn't work? what have you tried to fix it?

I have all the prerequisites and yet the tech tree looks like the normal one (normal as in the community one) with drone parts later in the tree.

Might want to try a clean install with only UBM and it's dependencies. The mod definitely works, so it's most likely something specific to your install. Trying it on a clean install will at least confirm that it's working right at all. After than you can figure out what the conflict is.

Yeah i tried UBM in my latest playthrough on 1.5, and i got the russian pods straightaway (which i expected) but i also still got the mk-1 pod, which i thought was odd. I basically forced myself not to use it, heh.

Still a great mod, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.