[1.8-1.12] Ferram Aerospace Research Continued: v0.16.0.5 "Mader" 03/04/22

dkavolis

On 5/9/2021 at 6:21 AM, dkavolis said:

Updated KSP version 1.11
Update to MFI 1.2.10

Added Dynamic Deflection for Control Surfaces Option #110, @Alioth81
Fixed Mk1pod.v2 voxelization by switching to mesh voxelization, colliders were missing top and bottom planes resulting in shell-only voxelization
Rotor blades are no longer voxelized
Reduced submerged lift and drag, multipliers are controlled by FARConfig/Settings/submerged[Drag|Lift]Multiplier with default value of 0.25
Renamed FARWind to FARAtmosphere and added overrides for gas properties

I find FAR indispensable for KSP and each time it's updated I get into playing again. 

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for keeping it alive! It is very appreciated.

I am facing an error when I try to add wings to my rocket. Here are the last lines of the KSP.log before crashing:

[LOG 14:05:28.235] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Std dev for smoothing: 3 voxel total vol: 96.7620319180879 filled vol: 11.2150491063352

[LOG 14:05:28.269] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Structural Wing Type C 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:28.320] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Voxelization Time (ms): 156
[LOG 14:05:32.810] structuralWing3 added to ship - part count: 13
[LOG 14:05:32.810] structuralWing3 added to ship - part count: 14
[LOG 14:05:32.850] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 14:05:32.850] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Wing Connector Type B 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.850] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Structural Wing Type C 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.850] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Wing Connector Type E 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.850] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Wing Connector Type E 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.850] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Structural Wing Type C 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.882] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 14:05:32.883] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Wing Connector Type B 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.883] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Structural Wing Type C 0 meshes
[LOG 14:05:32.883] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in Wing Connector Type E 0 meshes

Since I have FAR installed, and it has the word FAR in it, I was wondering if it has anything to do with FAR. FAR is a must have mod for me, and I am very reluctant to remove it...

I am running KSP on ubuntu(linux) .

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi. I just want to drop a "thank you" message here for the modders involved in this.
I´ve just tried this mod for thew first time and I discovered a new game now in the totally forgotten realm of building planes. But I have a few questions:

1.- Do you even try to land on the runway? I find it impossible. Once I am on the air I land where I can. *Lame*
2.- All my rocket designs are unusable now (they all flip and go boom now). I understand that I need to put the CoL behind the CoM, but.... how to do it in a rocket? It is supposed to have all the mass in the bottom part where the muscle engine reside.

Have a nice day and thamnks in advance for any suggestion or advice you can give me.

Cheers
Zeke

Edited by ezequielandrush

1 hour ago, ezequielandrush said:

Hi. I just want to drop a "thank you" message here for the modders involved in this.
I´ve just tried this mod for thew first time and I discovered a new game now in the totally forgotten realm of building planes. But I have a few questions:

1.- Do you even try to land on the runway? I find it impossible. Once I am on the air I land where I can. *Lame*
2.- All my rocket designs are unusable now (they all flip and go boom now). I understand that I need to put the CoL behind the CoM, but.... how to do it in a rocket? It is supposed to have all the mass in the bottom part where the muscle engine reside.

Have a nice day and thamnks in advance for any suggestion or advice you can give me.

Cheers
Zeke

Hello! I'm a novel FAR user aswell, but I've managed to make my rocket designs usable.

You have to be aware of aerodynamics, from the tip of the rocket (try to have rocket caps / parachutes instead of flat surfaces) and also, I tend to have oversized fins. 

If you find that your rocket is having an Rapid Unplanned Disassembly, keep an eye on the following things: High Dynamic Pressures,  Try a less aggressive gravity turn, (my first rockets after installing FAR were a straight to space rockets, very inefficient, but it worked :D)

With regard to landing, FAR makes it way harder, to get the flow going, I've started to add Drogue Chutes to my planes. but usually the thing ends quite bad.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, ezequielandrush said:

Cheers
Zeke

1) Always, when testing new craft design. If I can't safely land on runway, I probably have flaws in craft design. Hint: Marking runway (begin and end) with waypoint can help a lot to align properly when you aproach runway. Using flaps to allow slower landing velocity helps too.

2) For the most rockets, aerodynamic is not much concern if you gently steer rocket (less than 5 degree from prograde vector). Once you are above 20 km you can take somewhat sharper turns, but steel have to be more careful than with stock physics. Fins for first stage that goes trough atmosphere can help, depending on rocket design.

My first career rockets that are capable to reach orbit are usualy ugly, but they do the job, considering part and weight/height limits on first levels of VAB/launchpad and unlocked parts in tech tree.

I didn't find to design crafts harder than with stock, but you have to create them in different way and you have to control them in different way than with stock physics.

Hey all, so this is an issue I've had with FAR since I got it, really, but I can't figure out how to make the non-realchute parachutes work. Not just the stock ones, but ones that come with particular mods (hence why realchute isn't really a viable option for a lot of them, it'll completely break the build.) Anyone know how to do this? I'm not really sure how to add realchute modules to parachutes, if that's the only way to fix it.

@ezequielandrush and @Sherpard2

Just want to show you a quick video I made when getting parts of the Airplane Plus mod adapted for FAR. I already forwarded to the timestamp where I tested some airliner parts.

For me the key for a successful landing is a slow landing speed and good stable control (it facilitates breaking, reduces stress on parts and gives you more time to tune your approach).

To achieve this I focus on those parts:

1.  Ensure you can generate enough lift to fly at slow speeds. This means you have to either have: large wings, flaps or the ability to fly at high AoA (or a combination of those). Flying at high AoA at low speed normally requires powerful control surfaces with high deflection and/or center of lift close to center of gravity. (I will use this opportunity to advertise the dynamic deflection control option that helps with this :) but many other possibilities exists). I also tune the wing strength and often you can reduce it a bit to make your craft lighter which makes low speed flying easier. I also bind the "deflect more" or "deflect less " commands of the flaps to action groups to have quick access to them.
  2. Being able to reduce speed. For this you can use spoilers (and FAR conveniently binds them to the "break" key) and/or flaps which as a side effect of generating lift also increase drag. Be aware that depending on your flap location they can also adversely affect your maneuverability and increase your aircraft pitch up or pitch down tendencies. In the video you can see how I use 4 spoilers to generate very large drag. If you do not want that you can also do some turning to reduce speed or anything that increases drag.
  3. Have a good controllable plane. It helps  if your plane has some maneuverability and stability to tweak the final approach. This can be done by good design that is stable without continuous control inputs (can also be trimmed) or relying on stability assist systems. The stock and the FAR system are often enough but I personally like the Atmosphere Autopilot mod on default (this also helps with long distance flights to hold altitude). Do not do big maneuvers just before landing and rather go for another round if it does not look good (if you have the fuel for it)

With this I find landing in FAR quite easy and for instance the Airliner below lands at a speed of 70 m/s (which is still quite fast but feels slow in Kerbal standards).

Hope this helps.

When making a new part, what determines where the CoL of that part will be? I am picking up where Cpt. Kipard left off trying to get FAR compatibility for their Skylon mod, but I'm seeing lift show up at weird places on the parts, causing wild instability

Is there something in the config that can change where the lift comes from?

Here's the current config in case that helps somehow (I have not yet tuned it at all, I'm just trying to get it to be sane first):

@PART[KipEngSkylonCanardLeft]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]
{
    // zero out all stock values, remove stock module
    @maximum_drag = 0
    @minimum_drag = 0
    @angularDrag = 0
    @dragCoeff = 0
    @deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
    @ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
    @ctrlSurfaceArea = 0
    !MODULE[ModuleControlSurface] {}

// add custom FAR values
    MODULE
    {
        name = FARControllableSurface
        MAC = 1.985
        MidChordSweep = 42.695
        b_2 = 4.02
        TaperRatio = 0.25
        e = 0.87
        nonSideAttach = 0
        maxdeflect = 15
        ctrlSurfFrac = 1
    }
}

@Waifu Art Thou Romeo

I believe it will use the origin of the part model as center of lift

I think you need to include the transform name (not sure if this actually can cause this?)
What actually shifts the CoL is "rootMidChordOffsetFromOrig" and I used it for some airplane plus parts. Here is the example for the advanced canard in the FAR config

Spoiler

@PART[AdvancedCanard]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
    @module = Part
    @maximum_drag = 0
    @minimum_drag = 0
    @angularDrag = 0
    @dragCoeff = 0
    @deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
    @ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
    @ctrlSurfaceArea = 0
    !MODULE[ModuleControlSurface] { }

MODULE
    {
        name = FARControllableSurface
        MAC = 0.93122
        MidChordSweep = 37.044
        maxdeflect = 20
        b_2 = 1.7904
        TaperRatio = 0.139074
        transformName = ctrlSrf
            rootMidChordOffsetFromOrig = 0, 0.546675, 0
    }

}

Not sure what "e" is for in your config.

As you CoL also looks asymmetric maybe there is more that needs to be done on the part.

@Alioth81 I don't think that was my problem, but there is some great information in your post, and thank you very much for that.

Per this post from Ferram, I added in ```node_attach = 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0``` to all the left pieces, and ```node_attach = 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0``` to all the right pieces (in the original part configs, not the FAR config file). It seems like the lift was flipped because FAR was measuring both pieces from-right-to-left, instead of just away from the body. This has fixed the aerodynamic overlay, but does my logic sound right?

And I don't know what "e" is either. I inherited it from previous maintainers. Is it incorrect?

Edited by Waifu Art Thou Romeo
Clarification

On 5/28/2021 at 1:33 AM, Waifu Art Thou Romeo said:

@Alioth81 I don't think that was my problem, but there is some great information in your post, and thank you very much for that.

Per this post from Ferram, I added in ```node_attach = 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0``` to all the left pieces, and ```node_attach = 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0``` to all the right pieces (in the original part configs, not the FAR config file). It seems like the lift was flipped because FAR was measuring both pieces from-right-to-left, instead of just away from the body. This has fixed the aerodynamic overlay, but does my logic sound right?

And I don't know what "e" is either. I inherited it from previous maintainers. Is it incorrect?

Thanks for linking that post I was not aware of it. This sounds right the last 3 parameters of node_attach define the orientation of attachment and it needs to be set according to your model. I never used it because all the parts I modified seemed to be oriented correctly. So I learned something new as well.

I cannot say if e is incorrect and I do not know what effect it has - No configuration I have ever used had it in. I think it gets calculated automatically if you do not set it but maybe there was a reason it was set for this part.

Yeah, it seems to have balanced out.

I'm still getting bizarre results though. The lift from my wings is about 1/10 of what I would expect. These wings are 13m at the root and they're getting completely out-classed by Delta Wings. What am I doing *wrong*??

The little blue dot even moves *away* from the wings on the right when I put them on. Something is screwy here.

Spoiler

// My wing
@PART[KipEngSkylonWingRight]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:AFTER[KipardSkylon_Rescale]
{
    @module = Part
    @maximum_drag = 0
    @minimum_drag = 0
    @angularDrag = 0
    !dragCoeff = DELETE
    !deflectionLiftCoeff = DELETE
    !MODULE[ModuleControlSurface] {}

// add custom FAR values
    MODULE
    {
        name = FARControllableSurface
        MAC = 10.66 * rescaleFactor
        b_2 = 4.02 * rescaleFactor
        MidChordSweep = 38.47 // degrees
        TaperRatio = 0.56
        nonSideAttach = 0
        maxdeflect = 15
        ctrlSurfFrac = 1 // 0.12
        rootMidChordOffsetFromOrig = -1.879 * rescaleFactor, 0.842 * rescaleFactor, 0
        transformName = ctrlSrf
    }
}

// Delta, from https://github.com/dkavolis/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/blob/master/GameData/FerramAerospaceResearch/FerramAerospaceResearch.cfg
@PART[deltaWing]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] {
    @module = Part
    @maximum_drag = 0
    @minimum_drag = 0
    @angularDrag = 0
    !dragCoeff = DELETE
    !deflectionLiftCoeff = DELETE
    !MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}
    %MODULE[FARWingAerodynamicModel] {
        %b_2 = 3.75
        %MAC = 2.25
        %TaperRatio = 0.091
        %MidChordSweep = 26.57
    }
}

Here's my full FAR config and my parts configs if anyone wants to take a look. I'm gonna keep digging, but I think I see why Kipard gave up on this

Anyone else having FARc not working under 1.11.2?  I get a white box instead of the icon.  Have tried installing it on a clean version with only FARc and dependencies installed and get the same result.  I'm not finding anything in the log that is standing out either to tell me what's going on.  Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, CAPFlyer said:

Anyone else having FARc not working under 1.11.2?  I get a white box instead of the icon.  Have tried installing it on a clean version with only FARc and dependencies installed and get the same result.  I'm not finding anything in the log that is standing out either to tell me what's going on.  Any ideas?

Well, it's probably working, just missing the icon.  What happens when you click on the white box?

My icon is working fine (but I saw the same problem several times recently, always caused by some mod folder not quite being where it was supposed to be), but I'm having a different problem in 1.11.2. I'm starting from a clean installation with only the latest FAR and the bundled MFI:

Spoiler

Mod DLLs found:
  Name                                    Assembly Version         Assembly File Version    KSPAssembly Version      SHA256

Assembly-CSharp                         0.0.0.0                  0.0.0.0                  1.11                     2c962573e0fa541b1942ff45b1a7dea34999ac57f1924e5d50ccdc7b3224409a
  ModuleManager                           4.1.4.0                  4.1.4.0                  2.5                      c3a771f61e578ac9e9d69ac642ddd98dde19de8e26635266876748c86b829d81
  FerramAerospaceResearch.Base            0.16.0.2                 0.16.0.2                                          4a39555d85672a882d94f206bbe56549efd4104d17abb1a0e3b3123128554a30
  ModularFlightIntegrator                 1.0.0.0                  1.2.10.0                 1.0                      bccdd35ab3e6b11a3f9dff27e8fb1e98989a4d1911839b6e45f78e17379c7d98
  FerramAerospaceResearch                 0.16.0.2                 0.16.0.2                 0.16                     66068f1938ffb639df063fa8df236f73190b869b33e77668164a8cb494361e22
  ferramGraph                             1.3.0.0                  1.3.0.0                                           b044b4c8f94eac853a043bcff3d31f56250415650d259f641153d648c5d7641b
  Scale_Redist                            1.0.0.0                  1.0.0.0                                           dab723459654573f4eb11ba5672856d616a683ab30d22547ee0f6edc91b507a8
  KSPSteamCtrlr                           0.0.1.35                 0.0.1.35                                          1675fa4fcb61d014eb1babe7eed703e7f76a1008537ee57ca7cec65cd9ff94ac
  Steamworks.NET                          9.0.0.0                  9.0.0                                             c32c0219c58e654c06e2b494302718372a94ff8b82d9ae59b9bb9e283957d44a
Non-DLL mods added (:FOR[xxx]):
Mods by directory (sub directories of GameData):
  Squad

I then go into the Sandbox and check the FAR analyzer on a simple plane. As long as I don't use any dedicated aerodynamic elements it seems to work ok, and I can do both Mach and Angle-of-Attack sweeps. When I add any wing or other lifting/steering surface, things go wrong and the Mach sweep quits doing anything, The log file shows the following error:

Spoiler

[LOG 22:11:03.376] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Voxelization Time (ms): 322
[LOG 22:11:03.873] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in AV-R8 Winglet 0 meshes
[LOG 22:11:07.518] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in AV-R8 Winglet 0 meshes
[LOG 22:11:08.109] R8winglet added to ship - part count: 5
[LOG 22:11:08.109] R8winglet added to ship - part count: 6
[LOG 22:11:08.148] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 22:11:08.148] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in AV-R8 Winglet 0 meshes
[LOG 22:11:08.190] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 22:11:08.193] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Overall bounds error in AV-R8 Winglet 0 meshes
[LOG 22:11:08.275] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Voxel Element CrossSection Area: 0.00227555817228776

[LOG 22:11:08.317] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Std dev for smoothing: 3 voxel total vol: 27.1376303231396 filled vol: 7.31111893616237

[LOG 22:11:08.400] [FAR v0.16.0.2]: Voxelization Time (ms): 208
[EXC 22:11:22.203] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARAeroUtil.get_CurrentAdiabaticIndex () (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	ferram4.FARWingAerodynamicModel.CalculateCoefficients (System.Double MachNumber, System.Double AoA, System.Double skinFrictionCoefficient) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	ferram4.FARWingAerodynamicModel.DoCalculateForces (Vector3d velocity, System.Double MachNumber, System.Double AoA, System.Double density, System.Double failureForceScaling, System.Boolean updateAeroArrows) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	ferram4.FARWingAerodynamicModel.CalculateForces (Vector3d velocity, System.Double MachNumber, System.Double AoA, System.Double density, System.Boolean updateAeroArrows) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	ferram4.FARWingAerodynamicModel.ComputeForceEditor (Vector3d velocityVector, System.Double M, System.Double density) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.Simulation.InstantConditionSim.GetClCdCmSteady (FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.Simulation.InstantConditionSimInput input, FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.Simulation.InstantConditionSimOutput& output, System.Boolean clear, System.Boolean reset_stall) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.Simulation.SweepSim.MachNumberSweep (System.Double aoAdegrees, System.Double pitch, System.Double lowerBound, System.Double upperBound, System.Int32 numPoints, System.Int32 flapSetting, System.Boolean spoilers, CelestialBody body) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.StaticAnalysisGraphGUI.BelowGraphInputsGUI (FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.StaticAnalysisGraphGUI+GraphInputs input) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.StaticAnalysisGraphGUI.Display () (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FAREditorGUI.EditorGUI.OverallSelectionGUI (System.Int32 windowId) (at <74ea5dc530ac4defaf60c558ed516930>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Full log file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2395hsxnqlxmzi/KSP_farproblem.log?dl=0

On 6/4/2021 at 11:03 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, it's probably working, just missing the icon.  What happens when you click on the white box?

Sorry for the delay.  When I click on it, nothing happens.  However, I'm now getting an error with Adjustable Mod Panel that is also duplicating a couple mod buttons and I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with it?  I haven't had time to remove it and fire up again, but it wasn't showing in the initial logs of the normal install.

Spoiler

[LOG 12:10:45.517] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.517] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.517] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.517] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.518] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.518] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.518] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.518] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.544] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.544] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.544] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.544] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.545] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.545] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.545] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.545] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.572] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.572] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.572] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.572] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.573] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.573] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.573] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.573] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.600] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.600] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.600] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.600] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.601] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.601] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.601] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.601] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.625] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.625] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.625] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.625] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.626] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.626] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.626] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.626] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.627] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.627] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.

I don't know if they're related, but like I said, I was getting a white box even with a clean install with only FARc added.  I can't make heads or tails of it and it's really wierd since I usually can figure out where I messed up.

Edited by CAPFlyer

4 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Sorry for the delay.  When I click on it, nothing happens.  However, I'm now getting an error with Adjustable Mod Panel that is also duplicating a couple mod buttons and I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with it?  I haven't had time to remove it and fire up again, but it wasn't showing in the initial logs of the normal install.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 12:10:45.627] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: Konstruction defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.
[LOG 12:10:45.627] [Adjustable Mod Panel] WARNING: USILifeSupport defines several app buttons that are exactly the same. We will ignore them from now on.

I don't know if they're related, but like I said, I was getting a white box even with a clean install with only FARc added.  I can't make heads or tails of it and it's really wierd since I usually can figure out where I messed up.

Without a log file, it's rather difficult to say.

Are you running a Steam install?  If so, how are you creating a clean install?

Yes, I'm running Steam.  There's a couple of ways I get a clean install, but usually it's just do a full uninstall of the existing program (I backup my saves separately and use CKAN to create my addon list to re-install later if needed), reboot, and re-install from Steam.  I also have a 100% clean install on my laptop that I occasionally use as a "test-bench" for addon issues like this which doesn't keep any addons installed or anything other than a basic sandbox save.

On 5/30/2021 at 7:25 PM, Starseeker said:

Has the fix for the Trajectories issues people were having made it into a release yet? If not, how could I get the fix?

I think it has been fixed, but not released yet. 

Does FAR v0.16.0.1 work with KSP 1.11.2? I am wondering if it I can downgrade to get the fix.

Edited by tuckjohn

On 6/7/2021 at 10:55 AM, CAPFlyer said:

Yes, I'm running Steam.  There's a couple of ways I get a clean install, but usually it's just do a full uninstall of the existing program (I backup my saves separately and use CKAN to create my addon list to re-install later if needed), reboot, and re-install from Steam.  I also have a 100% clean install on my laptop that I occasionally use as a "test-bench" for addon issues like this which doesn't keep any addons installed or anything other than a basic sandbox save.

Ok, finally figured out after several rounds of scrubbing that it has something to do with Adjustable Toolbar...  Something wasn't clearing out completely and now that I've scrubbed my SSD with about 6 different types of ScotchBrite (TM) (yes, not literally) I got it fixed.  Very frustrating, but now flying fine again.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:23 PM, dlrk said:

Still issues with Trajectories (as posted to Github). Drag is underestimated massively. Let me know if this something best brought to TJ's mainainer.

EDIT: Fixed on github

How do I install it from github? Which folder?

2 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

How do I install it from github? Which folder?

Go to the Github, Download the ZIP file(green button), extract it,  then merge the contained gamedata folder with your own (You can discard everything else).

If you have an older version of FAR that you're upgrading from, remove it before installing from Github.