Limited Probe Control

OK this has probably been asked a million times but I cannot work out what is wrong.

https://imgur.com/a/HU9fq7d

Kerbin connected to relay around Laythe with an 88-88, OP but hey I'm in sandbox and I'm just having fun. 

I didn't know how to connect lander to relay so just stuck on an RA-2 as it looks good, I guess I should have used a C-16 direct antenna?

Lander has C-16 and orbit of relay is only 100KM.

When all lines up with clear lines of sight, even green connection between lander and relay the lander still shows as limited control.

All antenna extended, plenty of battery, I cant work it out!

You seem to have the concept of a direct antenna and a relay antenna mixed backwards. Your relay craft does not have a relay antenna on it.

You need to "bounce" the signal from a direct antenna through a relay antenna. Your 88-88 has the power to connect back to kerbin, but it is not a relay antenna. So it can only be used to control its parent craft. Since your lander has a relay antenna on it, the 88-88 can only connect in one direction to the lander. The wrong direction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.