Why is my Navball's Delta v bar red

Hello everyone,

after a few months I have recently started playing KSP again and for the first time I have now decided to deal with interplanetary spaceflight that goes beyond Eve and Duna. For that I now first used the Nerv engines as they are so efficient.

I have built a few in my opinion quite nice spacecrafts after watching many videos on youtube and I successfully landed on Dres and even Moho already (without returning though). However during these missions and also my current mission to Moho with a new or modified spacecraft I ran into a problem that didn't seem to occur in the videos I've seen. I don't know if it's somehow caused by the Nerv engines or whatever but whenever I set a maneuver,  no matter how big it is, the curved Delta v bar to the right of the navball is completely or half red and the estimated burn time is completely wrong aswell. When I start my burns at about half the time to the maneuver as the estimated burn time so that the burn splits into 2 equal sections before and after the maneuver node, my resulting orbit is quickly WAY off the planned one.

I didn't find out how to add screenshots but my burn is about 600 delta v and I have about 7000 with my current spacecraft.

Does anyone know what's the reason for this .... bug? This way I can't go to Moho or at least it's never as efficient as in the videos I've watched.... annoying

16 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Nerv engines don't seem to play nice with the new DeltaV burn time bar implemented last patch.

(Specifically multiple Nervs I think? you might be alright with just one.)

I'd wager a hotfix is incoming soonish.

I went back to version 1.4.5 and rebuilt my spacecraft, everything seems to work out without a problem there so it has to he because of the version.

Thanks for the information !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.