Gameslinx

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

Your skyboxes are so well done:rolleyes:But i noticed a lot of black spaces maybe you could add pictures of galaxies in those areas that would look nice

Kinda true

Wait actually shouldn't we see a bunch of stars because two Galaxies merged? 

41 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Your skyboxes are so well done:rolleyes:But i noticed a lot of black spaces maybe you could add pictures of galaxies in those areas that would look nice

I might add stars in those regions, but the idea is that the entire system is within a nebula looking out - the stars might go in the distance rather than the nebula "cloud" which is the dark, blank looking spaces.

I don't think i'll add galaxies because of the whole "looking out thing".

(The tempus system is VERY young, which is why it's within a nebula)

15 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@DeltaDizzy, what is that skybox? It is beautiful, and could you tell me where to get it please?

Scroll up a bit and click the "beyond home skybox" image and you'll be able to look around it in 360 degrees.

It's the planet pack default skybox as kerbolexplorer said :) 

Dres is back with a vengeance. 

unknown.png

Edited by Gameslinx

To expand on the region biomes, some planet descriptions will tell you places of interest such as a planet's peaks, oceans, lava, poles or atmosphere depending on the presence of any hazards. Hazardous planets such as those with lava or bumpy terrain, to name a few, will have these descriptions along with the location that you'll get extra science for.

You'll get 1.5x the usual amount by visiting the more rewarding part of the planet. For lava lakes this increases to 2x. Science scales accordingly throughout the Tempus system. The further away from Rhode you go, the more you get as a base multiplier.

As you have the ability of unlocking a small base on Verna (Eeloo), science in the Kerbol system scales more the further inwards you go.

Gas giants will reward you 2.5x the science for gathering data within the atmosphere and this will be written in their descriptions. In short, the harder the planet, the more rewarding it will be to explore.

Hopefully this encourages people to vary their techniques and there is absolutely no "go-to" method for each planet. You have to tackle each one differently from the last. You'll need to pick your landing sites for the best possible reward without damaging your crafts.

Obviously, the option to play it safe and land in the flat areas is there, but that's no fun! ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.