Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, gword256 said:

EVE is really killing my FPS, down to 25 during launches, and turning my mission time yellow any time I'm in Rhode's atmosphere.  Not being familiar with EVE settings is there something I can turn down?  It's noticeable on Lua as well (and probably other bodies with atmospheres I haven't visited).

I have a i5-9600KF (@4800mhz) & RTX2060 Super.  Seems I should be getting 60fps all the time not?

Also the terrain detail keeps defaulting to "New Text" every time I go into the graphics settings.  Thoughts?  https://imgur.com/a/6Htd843

 

 

"New Text" is a Kopernicus bug. As long as the slider is all the way to the right, ignore it. You should be getting 60fps provided you're playing at 1080p. Can you send me your KSP.log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 2:24 AM, Gameslinx said:

"New Text" is a Kopernicus bug. As long as the slider is all the way to the right, ignore it. You should be getting 60fps provided you're playing at 1080p. Can you send me your KSP.log?

Okay, fresh install.  As in deleted everything except saves and redownloaded 1.8.1 and most mods from CKAN (unavailable ones were manually installed).  I installed everything one at a time.  It looks like BoulderCo and Trajectories were the biggest drain on GPU and CPU respectively.  Also I set textures to 512 (versus my original 2048) and that made a big impact as well.  I'm still playing at 4k resolution.

 

Still getting some yellow time bar at launch and above Rhode but not nearly as bad.  GPU will jump up to 100% and FPS drop when Rhode fills most of the screen when in orbit.  Still much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gword256 said:

Okay, fresh install.  As in deleted everything except saves and redownloaded 1.8.1 and most mods from CKAN (unavailable ones were manually installed).  I installed everything one at a time.  It looks like BoulderCo and Trajectories were the biggest drain on GPU and CPU respectively.  Also I set textures to 512 (versus my original 2048) and that made a big impact as well.  I'm still playing at 4k resolution.

 

Still getting some yellow time bar at launch and above Rhode but not nearly as bad.  GPU will jump up to 100% and FPS drop when Rhode fills most of the screen when in orbit.  Still much better.

You should not be using bolderco. BH has its own cloud configs. You should still have EVE though.

At 4k (RTX 2080S) I get 80% GPU usage on Rhode. This is normal, because Scatterer uses a lot of the GPU especially at 4K. 

EVE is CPU based, but if you were playing with BoulderCo alongside BH's configs you're creating twice the clouds and will be having a huge performance hit because BoulderCo is not very optimized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 4:10 AM, Gameslinx said:

You should not be using bolderco. BH has its own cloud configs. You should still have EVE though.

At 4k (RTX 2080S) I get 80% GPU usage on Rhode. This is normal, because Scatterer uses a lot of the GPU especially at 4K. 

EVE is CPU based, but if you were playing with BoulderCo alongside BH's configs you're creating twice the clouds and will be having a huge performance hit because BoulderCo is not very optimized. 

Yeah, I don't know where BoulderCo even came from.  One of the older EVE builds I guess.

 

Suppose I need to get a 2080super.  Hopefully I won't pull a Gnome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 9:19 PM, gword256 said:

Okay, fresh install.  As in deleted everything except saves and redownloaded 1.8.1 and most mods from CKAN (unavailable ones were manually installed).  I installed everything one at a time.  It looks like BoulderCo and Trajectories were the biggest drain on GPU and CPU respectively.  Also I set textures to 512 (versus my original 2048) and that made a big impact as well.  I'm still playing at 4k resolution.

Trajectories is the cause. I get the same issue and had to figure that out for myself. Use the settings and play with the sliders. It should be really obvious which options affect performance the most. The calculation sliders can drop me to 10fps at worst, or go beyond 60fps at best. It does affect the accuracy / update frequency but so far it hasn't been an issue making everything update less often. Turn on caching is also a big help. It's all in the trajectories settings in-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome mod!

Saw some screenshots of this on reddit so i thought i am gonna try it out.
I setup a new 1.8.1 install with all my favorite mods and this one.
The place feels very different, alien, but in a good way.
First orbit i was like: Wow, already up there? Oh yeah its smaller. Good thing its about going out now instead of just going up :)
Cant wait to discover more.

One thing tho.
Planetshine didnt seem to work so i looked close at the mod files and found a config.
Well of course its for the stock system.

Any chance you can support us with a custom config? :)
Or maybe there is and i missed?

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Animasola said:

Awesome mod!

Saw some screenshots of this on reddit so i thought i am gonna try it out.
I setup a new 1.8.1 install with all my favorite mods and this one.
The place feels very different, alien, but in a good way.
First orbit i was like: Wow, already up there? Oh yeah its smaller. Good thing its about going out now instead of just going up :)
Cant wait to discover more.

One thing tho.
Planetshine didnt seem to work so i looked close at the mod files and found a config.
Well of course its for the stock system.

Any chance you can support us with a custom config? :)
Or maybe there is and i missed?

Thanks!

 

I'll be supporting Planetshine soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'll be supporting Planetshine soon :)

Awesome! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I change the terrain texture settings? I always get HUGE FPS drops whenever I look at Rhode in the flight view, or space center view. I'm guessing my computer can't run the (very great looking and hi res) planet textures. Also, parts seem to be in a full res mode, when my settings are on eighth res. Are the texture settings not applying or something? I can supply logs/hardware specs/screenshots etc. if it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

How do I change the terrain texture settings? I always get HUGE FPS drops whenever I look at Rhode in the flight view, or space center view. I'm guessing my computer can't run the (very great looking and hi res) planet textures. Also, parts seem to be in a full res mode, when my settings are on eighth res. Are the texture settings not applying or something? I can supply logs/hardware specs/screenshots etc. if it helps.

After changing resolution settings the game has to be restarted for them to take effect

I'll need the KSP.log and your system specifications along with what resolution you are playing at, please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://imgur.com/a/Xg4Tqhp System specs, resolution is 1600x1024, without full screen, not entirely sure how to upload the KSP.log. The resolution is a bit complicated, as my screen is 1920x1080, but blah blah full screen, mouse cursor bugs, etc. I have it set to 1600x1024, and then fullscreen the window. But how do I upload the ksp.log file? I know where it is, and how to access it, but not how to upload it to the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrzuu64cgzgg1z5/KSP.log?dl=0 That was an absolute pain to do. Would have used pastebin or something similar, but there's just so much text. Hope this helps

According to your log beyond home isn't installed properly

9L0YeA8.png

Ignore Scatterer and EVE, your system lacks a dedicated GPU and you will not get very good performance with them installed.

You have a GameData folder within your KSP GameData folder. That won't work, you need to make sure everything is inside KSP's GameData folder.

I imagine Beyond Home is inside your second GameData folder because the installation checker is running. Make sure you follow the installation instructions on the GitHub readme.

 

When you start the game, you'll see a message on the screen saying whether you have installed things properly or not

 

 

Edited by Gameslinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EnrageMango said:

Hi! Love this mod already and I haven't even played it! Which version is for 1.7.3?

1.8.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mod, absolutely gorgeous and giving someone with 1000+ hours a reason to keep playing, however...

I landed a rover on Ash, drove it for a bit, and then the game froze completely. No warning, no noise, and nothing in the console (pulled it up when I tried to replicate the bug.) Any clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Erebo_s said:

Great mod, absolutely gorgeous and giving someone with 1000+ hours a reason to keep playing, however...

I landed a rover on Ash, drove it for a bit, and then the game froze completely. No warning, no noise, and nothing in the console (pulled it up when I tried to replicate the bug.) Any clue?

If it happens again, send me your KSP.log and your crash report (should it crash). Otherwise, I have no clue, it could be an unrelated occurance but I can't tell without those files :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Erebo_s said:

Here's the log! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfge5a0yqkdg19n/KSP.log?dl=0

I think I'll need your Player.log which can be found in AppData/Roaming (or LocalLow, I can't remember)/Squad/. I wasn't able to see any issues in your log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 3:06 PM, Gameslinx said:

I think I'll need your Player.log which can be found in AppData/Roaming (or LocalLow, I can't remember)/Squad/. I wasn't able to see any issues in your log

I think this is what you're looking for. I've replicated this several times and each time the end of my ksp.log looks different. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0zxygecdpzopc0/Player.log?dl=0

 

EDIT: I think the most recent log is more telling. I've seen it do this before. What seems to be happening is the game keeps running, but the screen freezes. Indeed, I was able to pause and unpause, and I even heard my rover explode, which is confirmed in the log. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfge5a0yqkdg19n/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Erebo_s
Added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

moved to new thread

Edited by KSPNoob
wrong forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Edit: Dang. Wrong topic. Sorry.

Edited by Motokid600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm having issues with some landers falling through the ground. So far it's really only happened on Armstrong. Is there a fix for this?

 

Happens on vessel load or coming out of timewarp normally.

Edited by Ethan623

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay i dont go on this site very often so im not very good at using the message board but i just have to ask im trying to use RealExoplanets but it forces the barycenter to become the sun again i tried changing the name of the exoplanets stars reference body to the barycenters name but that didnt work so i thought wait ill just see what you had the reference body set to for kerbol i was suprised that it was set as the sun and not the new name for the sun a.k.a the barycenter so im just curious on how you accomplished this and if there is any way you could help me understand how i could manage to pull that off for the RealExoplanets my personal guess is because kerbol is a part of your mod youve managed to work out this issue before releasing it but other mods that use the sun as a reference body arent supported in such a way that it just forces the barycenter to become the sun again if theres nothing that can be done about it i will just accept defeat and deal with the trinary star system but your mod is so beautiful with the binary systems lighting id like to see if i can restore it to its former glory even if i have to mess with R.E configs for hours just let me know what you did to make kerbol work without it forcing the sun i do get a nonstop spammed console error code saying Nullreferenceexeption Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.