Gameslinx

37 minutes ago, Jeb's Fireworks Guy said:

Looks great. This will make a great addition to the ksp time line. Also will the new home system be compatible with After kerbin as a system to escape to

I might bring them all together in this pack, as it will support other stars. So yes, is my answer for now!

Here is what Kerbol currently looks like in its white dwarf form. More images will be released as development continues.

hhG9I3u.jpg

The main star of the new system is likely going to be a white, A type star. The system will contain at least 1 gas giant and at least 1 other potentially habitable world. I'm aiming for the planets to be more diverse than in the past timeline mods and in varying difficulties from a gameplay perspective. For example, the moon above with the lava lakes is dangerous to land on high up because of the very jagged mountains, but also dangerous to land lower down because of the heat. Players must carefully plan where they wish to land.

More screenies and info coming soon :)

New screenshots in!

u8K8OEA.png

iFMethr.png

Unique mountain ranges will be quite common across the dry planet.

unknown.png

First terrain images of the home planet, currently called Rhode.

This is a vacuum body (yet to be named). It's undergoing a few adjustments, but right now we have a solid, huge impact crater that covers half of the world.

CtFILwo.png

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:18 PM, Gameslinx said:

This is a vacuum body (yet to be named). It's undergoing a few adjustments, but right now we have a solid, huge impact crater that covers half of the world.

CtFILwo.png

almost looks like a cosmic eyeball of some sorts :D

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Some extra details as you all hopefully await more screenshots!

I WILL be posting a roadmap, but I shall be deliberately keeping it vague for the time being due to the insecapable "borrowing" of ideas within the planet modding community. Work on a trailer will begin soon, and as of yet there is no release date. I'll keep you all updated over the coming month or so. I assure you all that it will be worth the wait.

In other news, compatibility wise, I am proud to announce that Beyond Home WILL be compatible with Interstellar Consortium.

Expect screenshots tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

That is amazing. I wish I could make planets like that (I can certainly find some lava-covered abominations around other stars, but making any of them look good in KSP is not my strong suit).

I'm confident at making atmospheric planets, but vacuum planets are horrible in my experience. I'm always looking for tips that I can share in various tutorials if you have any, and the feedback is very much appreciated :)

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm confident at making atmospheric planets, but vacuum planets are horrible in my experience. I'm always looking for tips that I can share in various tutorials if you have any, and the feedback is very much appreciated :)

I find vacuum planets to be somewhat easier than atmospheric ones because I don’t need to tediously put in dozens of atmospheric pressure and temperature curve values. I’m not too sure if I would have any good tips for making them, since for me it’s kinda straightforward. What problems do you have with atmosphere-less bodies?

3 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

because I don’t need to tediously put in dozens of atmospheric pressure and temperature curve values.

Ask Thomas about using Normalized curves for atmosphere. You should be able to trim a lot of that work by using curves that accept 0 ~ 1 value ranges and will multiply against the reference value (that key that you put elswhere that declares X sea level temperature and Y sea level pressure) and work itself out when KSP compiles the body.

6 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I find vacuum planets to be somewhat easier than atmospheric ones because I don’t need to tediously put in dozens of atmospheric pressure and temperature curve values. I’m not too sure if I would have any good tips for making them, since for me it’s kinda straightforward. What problems do you have with atmosphere-less bodies?

I have a very basic but effective atmosphere calculator that works by scaling Laythe's pressures and altitudes up and down to get the values you want 

As for what I need help with, it's probably the terrain in general - especially going for a vacuum look over an atmospheric look (no eroded mountains, craters etc). I can never get it exactly how I like it

The beginnings of a gas giant are beginning to form! Currently it's too shiny and looks too bumpy but that will all be sorted out soon.

XXaVrKy.png

This moon is called Lua, and it's a moon of the home planet. It is undergoing partial terraforming by the newly settled Kerbals for the construction of a base on this moon. This moon does have an atmosphere of 7% of Kerbin's, and this atmosphere supports oxygen, but the pressure is too low for EVA without a suit to take place.

KH2IrVm.png

29 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

This moon is called Lua, and it's a moon of the home planet. It is undergoing partial terraforming by the newly settled Kerbals for the construction of a base on this moon. This moon does have an atmosphere of 7% of Kerbin's, and this atmosphere supports oxygen, but the pressure is too low for EVA without a suit to take place.

KH2IrVm.png

Are you planning on adding a Kerbal konstruct colony over there?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.